Chapter 1

Darkness

   All along the dark road noises of various kinds sounded. Coyotes howled, birds chirped, and every now and then the sound of a lone owl rang through the wooded area. Donghae hated the dark, all of those endless shadows and what may or may not be hidden within them. Despite this, Donghae somehow found himself outside well into the early hours of the morning. To make things even better he was walking down an old dirt road surrounded by trees. Every few seconds he found himself startling at a stick snapping under his own foot.

   Just when he thought he was free from the torment of the dark and now eerily silent forest he heard a rustle in the brush ahead of him. Halting in his tracks Donghae contemplated running back home like a scared little girl, but before he could decide on the best course of cowardice the thing that made the rustling noise stepped out of the woods.

   Donghae’s breath caught in his throat when he saw the skinny boy- although, perhaps boy wasn’t accurate- the man looked close to Donghae’s age of 23. The boy had bright red hair; it shone almost as if it were emitting light itself. Unable to process the fact that a person, a stark one at that, just stepped out of the woods, Donghae smiled gently which earned a smile in return.

   “What’s your name?” Donghae asked, stepping closer.

   “Hyukjae,” The man’s voice was much deeper than anticipated- it sent odd shivers down Donghae’s spine.

   “I’m Dong…”

   “Yes, I know,” Hyukjae interrupted, smiling. “I’ve been watching. Come with me?” Hyukjae extended a hand and smiled again.

   Common sense was screaming at Donghae that this was a horrible idea, that you shouldn’t follow random people into the woods (they’re probably lunatics that want to kill you). Donghae’s brain was berating him for even thinking about taking Hyukjae’s hand and following the man into the woods. But something had Donghae running on auto-pilot. Donghae grasped Hyukjae’s hand in his and let him lead him into the silent woods. Donghae thought to himself after a few feet, that maybe not everything hiding in the shadows was bad.

~*~*~*~*~

A/N- Oh, lawd... Donghae- wae u so stupid? because I wrote him like that... I

I don't even know where this even came from...