fin

Different Kind of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Joonmyun always treasured his relationship with Joohyun. He still remembered how their first meeting was. It was not awkward but was not that comfortable either. They knew each other since the first day they met, during Joonmyun's fourth week of training in SM Entertainment. They met by accident; ran onto each other on their way to their respective practice rooms and their heads even bumped when they tried to collect their things. It was also funny that they mistook each other's music sheets. They weren’t able to greet each other formally and only managed to flash each other meaningful smiles.

They met again in the cafeteria, when Joonmyun wasn’t able to find an empty table and decided to sit on the same table with Joohyun. They started off with a simple ‘hi’ and ended up with a sort of not-so-serious talk. It was a bit awkward but they eventually tied into a stronger bond, friendship. Since that day, they were inseparable. They were like twins, when there was Joohyun, there was always Joonmyun and vice versa.

It was a month before Joohyun debuted as a member of a girl group, popular as Girls’ Generation. She made him promised to keep on trying so that they could stand on the same stage someday. And he agreed, partly because no one could resist the innocent charm of Seo Joohyun. Her eyes twinkled as she urged him to keep his promise and it was the most beautiful eyes Joonmyun saw in his entire life.

When Joohyun debuted, he was left alone to train. Though she's his senior, they never drifted apart. They just got stronger each day. And Joonmyun kept in his mind that he would never give up on his dream because he had Joohyun by his side. Joohyun made one of her dreams come true, and he would make sure that he would make a debut worthy of his hardworks too, one day.

He could still remember that day, it was in mid 2008, where Joohyun and her groupmates experienced the worst nightmare idols wanted to avoid the most – the so-called Black Ocean. He knew his seniors had a tough time. They cried and almost gave up on their dreams. But Joohyun, as the maknae, put up a strong front and supported her members through the lowest times. She cheered them up and supported their decisions. Joonmyun knew too well that Joohyun was her group's inspiration, because even if she’s the youngest of all, she was always the one who advised them. To him, Joohyun was his inspiration too.

He thought Joohyun was not affected by the incident, but he was wrong. Joohyun actutally was the one who got hurt the most. He stumbled upon a crying Joohyun in one of the practice rooms. At that moment, Joonmyun swore he could hear his heart shattered into pieces. He walked towards the heartbroken Seo Joohyun and wrapped her tiny body by his embrace. That was the least thing that he could do. He whispered assuring words, saying “It’s okay to cry, Joohyun. You don’t have to bottle up your feelings, I’m here for you.” And Joohyun nodded, crying herself, till she felt better. After that day, they became closer, even more than before if that was even possible, very much closer than people think they were.

In 2010, he was rumoured to be one from the group to make a debut. Being part of the project group called M1 and M2, he strived his hardest to get himself throughout the project group and finally make a debut. He may not be the best singer, but he was sure he had his own power in his singing skills. Though Joonmyun knew he’s far from being good at dancing, compared to Jongin, he never failed to memorise choreographies that the trainers told them to practice. And of course, he remembered his promise to Joohyun. That's what made him work even harder to be a part of the rumoured boy group.

It was a surprise for him when Joohyun came into the practice room one day, during his trainee days. She walked in with a smile upon her angelic face. He crooked his eyebrows, in wonder. “Joonmyun-ah. I like you.” It was the thing she confessed to him, and he was definiely stunned. He was left awestruck and speechless, but her face then made him feel relaxed and he was able to draw a thin smile across his face.

“I like you too, Joohyun-ah.” He replied. And so, they lived like how a couple should have lived.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter