Only Us

Us Or Nothing At All

“Kyungsoo, we don’t have to do this,”

 

Baekhyun takes one small step towards Kyungsoo.

 

“We don’t,”

 

Kyungsoo wipes one part of his left cheek, concentrating before looking into Baekhyun’s eyes directly.

 

“But I have to,”

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

The crisp of Spring in the air is really refreshing. The birds are singing, sun is warm, flowers blooming.

 

Its just a perfect jolly day for Kyungsoo.

 

Today is Tuesday.

 

Tuesday is the day when Baekhyun would drop by to get a slice of apple pie in the store.

 

He would take out the best cutlery and china sets, told his employees to reserves one table at the second floor where Baekhyun could have all the privacy he needs.

 

And Kyungsoo would be sitting across the table, listening to Baekhyun details of work that kept stressing him out. While all people hates Mondays, Baekhyun hates Tuesdays. As an attorney, he had a lot of work to get back on Monday that were left on last Friday, Tuesday is when everything of the week starts. This little patisserie that Kyungsoo runs, is his little hideout.

 

The face that Baekhyun makes when the apple pie arrives, when he dips in his fork and when he finally fed himself the pie in his mouth. He would beams and all of the praises and reactions coming from him.

 

Really makes Kyungsoo happy.

 

They would talk about all sorts of thing, everything under the sun.

 

Baekhyun is the reason why Kyungsoo’s impression on attorneys differ. All his life he thought attorneys only talk about themselves, egoistic and finds faults in every single thing. But Baekhyun is different. He is a great listener and his quirks in every single subject that they’re talking about shows how much of a warm person he is.

 

Somehow he wishes that Baekhyun is more than just a client that frequents on a Tuesday.

 

“Hey, I’m throwing this party at my place,”

 

“Oh, you’re needing some tidbits? We have some finger food delights menus to choose,”

 

“Yes I do need that, but I don’t want you to work,”

 

He slides the paper with address jot down to Kyungsoo.

 

“Come as my guest,”

 

And that is when they cross over from being acquaintance to a friend.

 

And the party? Is when he gets to know more of Baekhyun.

 

The apartment is ordinary but the party is hot, with all the party animals just like Baekhyun himself doing their party rituals there. Doesn’t matter the venue, people there are just awesome and Baekhyun knows every single one of them by name. Its amazing. It seems like Kyungsoo is the only one who didn’t know what to do there.

 

Baekhyun is a very nice person, despite being loud, he still caters and remembers the friend from patisserie who rarely had the chance to party. Let alone knowing how.

 

He tries to be the wingman to Kyungsoo, to get some ladies.

 

Apparently, that is the moment when Kyungsoo opens up that he is not how he seems. In other word, straight.

 

Baekhyun said, he isn’t either.

 

“Maybe we should date,”

 

Kyungsoo could never forget that grin and how handsome Baekhyun is when he said that.

 

Should this be the starting of a romance?


 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

“Kyungsoo, please,” Baekhyun said. Both his palms out, facing Kyungsoo. He had never look so terrified like this.

 

“Isn’t it a shame? Didn’t you said we’re in love?” Everytime Kyungsoo took further steps towards him, he walks reversed. From afar, they might’ve look like they’re dancing.

 

“Kyungsoo, calm down, you’re not in the right mind,”

 

“I guess you said that to everyone,”

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

Baekhyun never tells anyone of that side of him. Simply said, not coming out of the closet. He just put up a showmanship, to the ladies that kept hitting on him. He said its a good public relation for his career and life.

 

Kyungsoo feels special. He is the only one whom Baek came to be honest on.

 

Ah. yes. Baekhyun told him to call him, Baek. And he would call Kyungsoo, Dotori. He said its cute.

 

They have special pet names now.

 

And the best is, Baekhyun comes not only on Tuesdays. At first, on Mondays too. Then to Wednesday and when they know it, Baekhyun already switches his lunch habit to have a slice of sweet, apple pie at Kyungsoo’s patisserie.

 

“You come frequently now,”

 

“Did I bother you?”

 

“No, I was surprised at how frequent you came here now,”

 

“It feels good to see you everyday, I like talking to you,”

 

“You’re just saying,”

 

“No, in fact, I’m totally in love with you,”

 

Oh, the face that Baekhyun make when he said that to Kyungsoo. He were laughing that handsome laugh Kyungsoo have always adore. Kyungsoo bedazzled. He can’t think of anything nor can he speak at that time. Only his body remembers to react, the color of blood earthens on his face down to his neck. Baekhyun laughs harder at him but it doesn’t matter.

 

He didn’t know what to do.

 

But he must be treating Baek much more better than before. Thats what he could think of.

 

They never text before. That changed.

 

They were close in contact now. More than ever. Sometimes Baek would be at work and sends him weird selca with his work loads behind.

 

Baek is so adorable.

 

More adorable when he gets to know him more.

 

Kyungsoo loves him so much.

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t like it when he sees Baekhyun afraid of him like this.

 

He hates it to be in his apartment, that ordinary apartment and sees Baek with someone else.

 

He even hates it when its someone that he despises so much.

 

And he hates it when Baek said they’re together.

 

How can Baek said that. When he said he loves him. That they should date. After all that he did for Baek.

 

He wants Baek to be happy.

 

And Baek is the happiest when he eats his apple pie.

 

They should be together.

 

Baek should never attempt at being with someone else.

 

They’re just perfect together, why should he do that.

 

“Kyungsoo please, he needs help,” Baekhyun pleads, he wants to crouch down but Kyungsoo straighten his arms. Finger neat on the trigger, ready to pull.

 

Loud, deep groans at the back of Baekhyun goes out even weaker now.

 

“No,”

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

 

They never kiss but that doesn’t matter. Their love is even more than physical affection.

 

Baekhyun frequently said I love you to him now, in private. He would place his hand on Kyungsoo’s waist and whisper the words to him.

 

Kyungsoo thought it is very sweet. Sometimes he sent flowers to Baekhyun at his office. To return the gesture.

 

Then Baekhyun would selca with the flowers and tell him he is silly.

 

Ah. They’re so in love. What to do?

 

Maybe next, they would get married?

 

Ah. Baekhyun had so many friends. Their wedding hall should be big.

 

Until that day. Baekhyun opens the patisserie’s door with a friend.

 

A very tall friend. He is just as social as Baek. The tall being greets everyone in the store and loudly orders one whole cake to share with Baek.

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t like him. He is really flamboyant despite the suits that he is wearing. Baek were laughing at every single thing that tall being did and said. He hates it when Baek smile because of him.

 

“Hello, you must be ‘Dotori’,”

 

“Ah, ssibal! Only I am allowed to call him that,”

 

They laugh. Kyungsoo could only smile awkwardly. He notices that they were holding hand.

 

“Sorry, I mean, Kyungsoo. Sogogi told me a lot about you, I am Chanyeol,”

 

Baekhyun hits the tall being hard on his arms and they laugh again. Chanyeol extended his arms to shake with Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo refuses, he said he sanitized his hands to do another batch of pastries, he can’t be shaking hands.

 

Actually he just doesn’t want to shake hands with Chanyeol.

 

And what is Sogogi? Is that Baekhyun’s name to him?

 

They went upstairs. The private space. And the apple pie. Only that, today, Baekhyun orders the whole apple pie for both him and Chanyeol.

They were holding hands, Baek looks so happy.

 

Kyungsoo have never seen him so happy like that.

 

He felt his heart wrenched.

 

Why is Baekhyun doing this.

 

That tall guy, his name is Chanyeol. Kyungsoo hates him. He had too much teeth. His voice is too deep. He is too tall and his ears are too big.

 

He is overreacting too. Of every single thing. Its really annoying.

 

The knife that he is holding, he felt like it would be good to stab Chanyeol right in the head from behind.

 

Because its awful to see his face while he coerce the brain.

 

He grips the knife tight and goes to the kitchen.

 

Baekhyun returns back to frequenting the patisserie on Tuesdays only. Sometimes he doesn’t come. He rarely text him too.

 

Kyungsoo calls him up sometimes. But Baek didn’t pick up. When he text him why is not picking up, he said he was busy, he would come to see him at he store. Which is, Tuesday.

 

One day Kyungsoo were walking around to run some errands for the store since his delivery boy is sick so he did it by himself. Baekhyun’s law firm isn’t that far, just few blocks around the supply store that he is going to.

 

Then he saw it.

 

Baekhyun were smoking with Chanyeol, at the alleyway just around the law firm. They were acting funny. Baekhyun face were red all over but he is smiling, leaning with his back against the wall and Chanyeol’s at his front. The giant is touching Baek’s face.

 

In the cocktail of smokes and Kyungsoo’s short-sight, he sees two blobs of head glues against each other. He puts on his glasses to see clearly.

 

They were kissing.

 

And Baekhyun’s hands are pulling Chanyeol’s blazer closer to him.

 

Kyungsoo runs.

 

Runs as fast as he could.

 

This can’t be.

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

“Kyungsoo, please put the gun down,”

 

Baek is turning blue, he kept checking at the source of the deep voice, groaning for help. Kyungsoo saw it and smirks by himself.

 

“How can you choose him over me?”

 

He shot the smartphones of his, Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s that he gathered on the floor near him. The loud sound made Baekhyun jumps and loudly cuss. That is so Baekhyun. He is so cute even when he cuss.

 

“Kyungsoo! For God’s sake, you are creepy! You are creepy as ! I have never seen you like a partner or something! Your flowers are creepy! Your text messages are frightening! You couldn’t even differentiate between flirt and playful friend! And you shot my boyfriend here! What is it in your head? What is wrong with you?!”

 

Kyungsoo pats the part of his jacket, he could smell gun powder all over himself. He takes off his glasses, wiping it on the hem of his jacket before putting it back and look at Baekhyun who is shouting madly.

 

Baekhyun is talking a lot like usual. But this is the first time he gets this mad to him.

 

Then what am I?

 

“You are wrong Baekhyun, you are wrong. We should be together,”

 

He raises his gun up, aiming to Baekhyun. His eyes squinting. Baekhyun raises both his arms.

 

“Kyungsoo, you’re not doing that, K-”

 

BAM!!

 

That aim is perfect.

 

It went straight to Baekhyun’s heart. Just like how he practised. He watches as Baekhyun stares at him before collapsing to the floor. Crippling, shivering like a dying fish before he went immobile.

 

“Baekhyun!”

 

The deep voice calls, from the dark lit kitchen, Chanyeol crawls to the dead body weakly. He cries when he confirms that the small frame is not moving nor breathing.

 

“What have you done!! What do you want!!” He said, clutching Baekhyun’s upper body. Crying so much on the little man’s chest. Fresh blood dripping from his left thigh to Baekhyun’s favorite Persian carpet. That blood came from where Kyungsoo shot few minutes ago. Chanyeol howls in his cries, with a lot of agony.

 

This guy. He is overreacting to everything.

 

Kyungsoo takes up the gun, aims to Chanyeol.

 

“Yes! Go on! Do that! I don’t want to live anymore!”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyebrows twitch. This guy. How annoying could he get.

 

“No, I am going to see Baekhyun,”

 

Chanyeol’s eyes widen, he were shouting something. But Kyungsoo couldn’t decipher what is it. His mind is too busy with self-determination. The barrel’s metal surface still felt hot from the last shot he did on his right temple.

 

“You have to live with this fact forever,”

 

Kyungsoo smiles.

 

BAM!!!