one

The Internship
Please log in to read the full chapter

ONE

Kyungsoo yawned as he looked at the single paper he had filed in the past three hours. What else is there to do? He wondered lazily. He looked up, watching the other four interns work busily, hurriedly answering phone calls and filling out forms.

His eyes landed on the girl sitting at the last desk on the left. Hm, who is she again? He asked himself curiously. He had picked out Sehun and Jongin himself – two of his good friends from school. And the two girls had been chosen by some other person who worked for his father.
He reached into the lower drawers of his desk and pulled out the folder with the applicant forms. He through the sheets until he triumphantly pulled out the one with the correct photo attached. She looks better in the photo, he thought. But then again, it’s always like that with girls.

 

He skimmed the top of the page. So her name’s Song Seorin, he said to himself. And he saw ‘S University – second year’ written under the education section. He raised an eyebrow. S University was the top school in the nation.
He read through her impressive credentials. She’s smart... He looked up at her again, and saw that she was beginning to doze off. Her head was resting on her hand and bobbing erratically. He smirked. She definitely doesn’t look like it though.

His phone began to vibrate and took his attention away from the girl. He frowned as he saw who the text message was from: Do Seungsoo – his older brother. He hadn’t even bothered to put him down as ‘Hyung,’ because he was more of a stranger than a brother.

‘We are eating dinner tonight with Hwaejangnim. Don’t leave the company early.’
He stared at his phone coldly, wanting more than anything to not have to have dinner with his brother. Seungsoo never called their father ‘Abeoji,’ even outside of work. It was always ‘Hwaejangnim,’ even at home. It was like his brother was just an employee who happened to live under the same roof. Sometimes he wondered why Seungsoo even bothered to live with them.

 

###

 

Seorin patted her cheeks, trying to wake herself up. Never let Jinri convince you ever again that drinking on a Sunday night is okay, she warned herself mentally. Her eyes casually wandered to Kyungsoo, sitting completely idle at his special desk – clearly he had been given this position through nepotism. Did he even know a single thing about marketing?

She felt like her abilities were being wasted on filing papers and answering phone calls. She was the founder and president of the successful advertising club based in S University campus, and frequently received requests asking her to promote other clubs or events. That’s how she had earned this internship at one of the top marketing companies in the nation.
But now she sat in front of a small desk for more than 8 hours a day doing menial work a middle school student could easily do… And who was she working under? A lazy boy who probably never worked a day in his life, but was given everything anyway. Fan-ing-tastic.

She sighed, trying to focus on the next pile of paperwork. It’s just one month, she encouraged herself. And more importantly, it’ll look beautiful on your resume.

 

 

The sun was just beginning to set when she finished her share of paperwork. She smiled triumphantly, noticing that everyone was still busy trying to finish – except Kyungsoo, who was fiddling with his phone.

“If you’re done, you can do these too, right?” Soojung asked haughtily, dropping another small stac

Please log in to read the full chapter