[1/1]

The fight

“Where are you going?” Jiyong’s voice trails down the hall after Chaerin.

“To sleep on the sofa.” She calls back, already making her way to the stairs.

“I’m not coming after you.”

“I don’t expect you to.”

Jiyong sighs and rolls over. “I give you a half an hour baby until you come back.” He calls once more and shuts his eyes stubbornly.  Chaerin makes it to the sofa and starts pulling the back cushions off in order to make more room for herself.  It’s then that she realizes that she forgot her pillow and trudges back up the stairs and in to the bedroom. “That wasn’t more than a few minutes.” Jiyong smirks, feeling as though he’s won.

“I want my pillow.” Chaerin informs him grabbing the overstuffed pillow and clutching it in her arms as she walks out again.  She’s annoyed, what started out as a playful tussle has turned into a battle of who is more stubborn.

“I’m still not coming after you.” Jiyong repeats as she leaves, and Chaerin thinks that that maybe one of the stupidest ideas he’s ever had.  Once again Chaerin finds herself on the sofa, snuggling under her blanket and staring at the ceiling with a sigh.  She waits a few minutes, tossing and turning and growing more and more frustrated as she waits.

“You’re really not coming after me are you?” She yells, loud enough to be heard up in the bedroom.

“I told you I wasn’t.” Is Jiyong’s frustrated response.

“That’s kind of stupid of you!” Chaerin calls again, only receiving a muffled response of something along the lines of “I can’t understand you.”  She lays on the sofa for  a little while longer before her frustration gives way and she gets up, grabbing her pillow and trudging back up the stairs to the bed room and flopping down on the mattress, back turned away from the man who as far as she can tell is half asleep in his spot.

Jiyong knows better than to say anything at this point. Keeping his back turned, and his annoyance quiet he closes his eyes and tries to calm himself enough to fall asleep.  That is until he hears Chaerin sigh and roll over. “Have I done something to annoy you Jiyong?” She asks, and Jiyong bites back a groan.

“No, I had a long day that I spent fighting with everyone over everything, I’m tired and the last thing I want to do is fight with you because you’re being contrary.” His tone is sincere and tired and it gives Chaerin pause. She sighs almost inaudibly and rolls back over on her side, whispering a quiet apology and looking over at the clock. A few seconds of staring go by before she sits up, knees pulled to her chest as she thinks.  “Baby, what are you doing?”  Jiyong asks.

“Nothing baby, don’t worry about it.” Chaerin answers him, pawing gently at his leg in an attempt to be soothing. Jiyong takes her hand and squeezes it moments before she lays down, sliding her hand up his chest and to his neck so her fingers can play in his hair.  “You and I are too similar sometimes, you know that?” She whispers, nose nuzzled into the skin of his neck.

“Yes, that’s true…” Jiyong sighs softly into the dark.

“Listen, I’m sorry baby. What do you have on the schedule for tomorrow?” Chaerin asks. She can feel her man relaxing under her fingertips and it puts her to ease.

“More of the same.” Jiyong groans but nuzzles his head into Chae’s hand, to let her know that this is really all he wanted.

“I’m sorry oppa. How about you carve out about a half an hour of your time tomorrow, and let me know, and I’ll bring you lunch and we can relax together before you go back to fighting everyone.”  Chaerin’s words are soft and inviting and Jiyong nods in agreement of the plan.

“I’ll do my best kitten.” He says, and she knows that he means it.  Time passes slowly and Chaerin turns to get more comfortable, pressing her back to Jiyong’s chest as he moves with her. She takes comfort in his hand on her hip and his soft breath on her neck as she reaches back to lightly scratch at his scalp.  They really are too similar sometimes, but sometimes that’s just what they need.

“Good night Jingyo.” Chaerin whispers, squeezing the hand on her hip.

“Good night Chae.” Jiyong’s words ghost over her skin and push her hair as they both shut their eyes and try to rest up enough to face the next day head on.