She's Not You

She's Not You

"Yumi, please" Myungsoo pleaded for what seemed like the Hunderth time. "You will like her" He added. He has been trying to get me to meet Jieun for the past few days but I am totally against that. Why the hell would I want to meet someone who likes my boyfriend? It just wouldn’t go well. 

"Oppa, do you not understand how awkward that would be for me?" I questioned with a sigh. He had no idea, he’s never been in the same position as I’m in. He pulled me close to him by my waist.

"It would just help put everything to rest, you know?" He kissed my cheek softly. But I didn’t know. "The fans would realize I’m with you and not her. And, all of your thoughts about her, how you think she likes me, will go away. She will see that I’m in love with you and she doesn’t have a chance." He explained, as he caressed my face.

"Okay" I agreed with a nod. That would help a lot. All of the rumors going around are literally so hard to hear about because I know the truth, but no one else does. 

"Thank you" He smiled, leaving a lingering kiss on my lips. "You’re the best" He added, pecking my lips again. I felt my stomach fill up with butterflies which he was still able to do, even after years.

-----

Today’s the day that I’m meeting Jieun, and I couldn’t say I’m excited. I’m the opposite. I feel like this is the last thing that I would ever want to do but now I’m doing. Oh, what this boy does to me.

Good morning baby. I love you so much for agreeing to do this. It’s going to be alright, I promise. So, stop doubting me ;) Stay in bed, I’ll be there in 5 minutes with Breakfast. I love you -Oppa

I read the text out loud quietly and it made a huge smile appear on my face without even trying. I did what he told me to do, I stayed in bed. I closed my eyes not intending to fall asleep but just relax. To think about everything thats going on. 

After thinking for a while I felt a new presence against me. I felt a breath against my cheek and it made me smirk. I turned over to face him because I already knew who it was. He left a lingering kiss on my lips as he looked in my eyes with a big smile. I love him more than anyone, and it may sound dumb but he’s the only one I need.

"What are you thinking about, beautiful?" He asked while tucking my hair behind my ear lovingly. I shrugged and turned my head to the side to look at the wall as I felt his lips against the side of my face. He kissed every part of the side of my face which made me giggle.

"I love you" I turned my head back to face him. "That’s why I was thinking about." I crinkled my nose up embarrassed. 

"Aw" He cooed, grabbing my face playfully. I smacked his chest as I pushed him off of me so I could get up off the bed. I walked towards the night stand where Myungsoo placed my breakfast. I sent him a smile as he walked towards me and pecked my lips. I peeked in the bag and got excited when I noticed he bought my favorite. 

"Thanks, Oppa." I kissed his cheek as we walked downstairs to eat together at the table. I noticed flowers on the counter and I playfully rolled my eyes. "What are these?" I shook my head as I picked them up, and put them in a vase.

"Flowers, silly." He chuckled as he sneaked up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist. I leaned into him as I finished putting the flowers away. I turned to him with a raised eyebrow.

"You’re rather affectionate today" I pointed out and he nodded. "Why?" I questioned curiously. 

"A guy can’t just show his girlfriend he loves her, without getting questioned?" He ran his fingers along my face. I gave him a look and he laughed cutely as he walked towards the table.

"He can but-" I started but didn’t really have anything against him. "You’re right." I kissed his nose as I sat in front of him at the table. "Well, thank you" I added.

"Just don’t want you to have a bad day today, as much as you think you’re going to have a bad day. I don’t think you will." He explained as he took a bite out of his sandwich. 

"How can I have a bad day, if I’m spending it with you." I giggled as I tried to pull off some charm, but I was never as good as Myungsoo with that. He shook his head as he placed his hand on his face.

"Nice try, Yumi." He chuckled and I stuck my tongue out at him. He leaned over the table and kissed my lips. "Don’t quit your day job for that." He joked and I pouted.

"I try to be nice, and this is what I get in return." I scoffed and he sat back on his chair. He laughed at me playfully and I pretending to be hurt. "Rude."

"You’re cute." He smirked.

-----

I felt Myungsoo's hand slip in mine as we walked towards the cafe where we were meeting up with Jieun and Sunggyu. We called Sunggyu and asked him to drag along so if I need someone because I’m uncomfortable, I have him. 

We walked in the cafe and were instantly greeted by Sunggyu. He pulled me in a big hug, as we haven’t seen each other in weeks. He did his hand shake with Myungsoo and lead us to the table where Jieun was.

"Just breathe" Myungsoo whispered in my ear, obviously aware of how I was feeling at the moment. As much of a good actress I might be, Myungsoo could see straight through me.

"Oppa!" Jieun squealed, jumping up and into his arms. I felt myself extremely uncomfortable but decided to just keep a smile on my face, and act as if I wasn’t bothered. She then turned to me with a smile I could tell was fake. "Hey there" She stuck her hand out. I shook it in mine, awkwardly.

"Hey." I replied. I wasn’t trying to be rude, but I just didn’t know what else to say to a girl who clearly dislikes me, and likes my boyfriend, a little too much than she should.

We sat down and Myungsoo and Jieun shared a conversation as I sat giving small talk to Sunggyu.

"Right Yumi?" Myungsoo turned to me but I was so lost. I wasn’t paying attention to his conversation with Jieun. I was barely paying attention to my conversation with Sunggyu.

"What?" I turned to him confused. He chuckled and just continued his conversation with Jieun. I watched the way they talked and I don’t know why but I felt something different. I didn’t like it. The way she looked at him and twirled her hair in her fingers. The way he smiled while talking to her. It made me sick. Myungsoo turned back to me and he frowned slightly at my body language and how I was. Like I said, he could see right through me.

He grabbed my hand under the table and gave it a soft squeeze. He brought my cheek close to his face as he kissed my cheek, nuzzling his face in it. He was trying to make me feel better, and it was definitely working.

"She’s not you" He whispered in my ear. I locked my eyes with his with a smile when he said that. That made me ten times happier than I was two minutes ago. I could feel Jieun’s eyes on us but I didn’t mind.

I felt better for the rest of the night because I trusted Myungsoo. If he says he wants me, then I believe him. If he says he doesn’t think of her in any other way than a friend, I believe him. That’s the most important thing in a relationship, trust and honesty. We had them both. That’s why are relationship is special. We have something that no one can understand but us, and I’m fine with that.