the ticking clock. o3.

the ticking clock.
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 3 (Final):

 


When Hyuna woke up the next day, she found herself in Woohyun's room, his arms around her shoulders. Without knowing, she had been snuggling into him the whole night.

“Nam Woohyun.” She gently shook his shoulders.

Woohyun stirred, but remained in his deep slumber.

Hyuna just sighed, not knowing what do. After her second fail attempt at waking up the man, she decided to just give up. As much as she wanted to stay in his arms forever, she had to get up. Hyuna slowly eased herself away from his arms, grabbing a pillow and laying it on the spot where she slept. She smiled a little as she watched Woohyun grab onto the fluffy pillow, hugging it gently. 

“Hey, Nam Woohyun.” She decided to try again since she really wanted some breakfast. He wasn’t responding at all. Must be a really deep sleeper. Hyuna stopped trying and just stared at his sleeping face. She had to admit that Woohyun was good-looking. His soft breathing seemed to have made Hyuna fall into a daze, staring at him. She let out a sigh, not realizing that she had been holding her breath for a while. 

The cafes should be opened by now… I should get some breakfast for us. Hyuna thought as turned to grab a coat and left the apartment with some cash, humming the lyrics to One Man, the song Woohyun sang last night.

 

Should I get the muffins or the cupcakes? Hyuna wondered as she stared at the delicious treats in the display case.

Muffins! She decided. Those are healthier than cupcakes.

"Hey," she called for the staff. "Could you give me 4 of those muffins and 4 cups of coffee to go?" 


 

"Woohyun-ah!" Mrs. Nam ran to her son's side, his constant knocking on their bedroom door had woke her up. "What's wrong?"


"Mom... My head hurts really badly..." He mumbled with a weak voice.

 


"That would be 15,000 won." The cashier smiled.

Hyuna handed her the crumpled notes and thanked the cashier with the paper bag in her hands.
 



"Mom, you know that I love you right?" Woohyun smiled as he leaned on his mom.

"Call the ambulance!" Mrs. Nam screamed at her husband as she held onto the nearly unconscious boy in her arms. "Nam Woohyun, stop talking like that. You're going to be fine!"

 


Hyuna wasn't paying attention to her surroundings when a tall man knocked into her, sending her paper bag flying towards the ground.

"I'm sorry!" The man yelled before continuing with his speedy steps.

"Aish..." Hyuna groaned as she bent down to pick the bag up only to notice that the coffee had spilled onto the group, wetting the paper bag as well.

She bit on her lip. Why is this happening to me?

 


The doctor walked out of the emergency room with a solemn expression on his face. "You'll see him at the ward. Get ready to say your last goodbyes Mr. and Mrs. Nam. I'm so sorry."

 


Hyuna was done repacking her paper bag when her phone rang. It was her mother.

"Mom, I'm on my way to Woohyun's apartment right now."

“Hyuna darling, come to the hospital quick,” Her mother was sobbing on the line, you could barely hear what she was saying. “Woohyun was admitted again this morning. He’s not going to make it.”

Hyuna dropped the paper bag in her hands. "What did you say?" No, no, this isn't happening. She kept telling herself while her mother repeated her words again. 

She looked around her, trying to figure out a way to get to the hospital as quick as possible.

"Miss, are you alright?" She turned to see a concerned elderly woman beside her. "Is there anything I can help you with?" She asked again, seeing that the girl wasn't responding.

"W-Where can I find the nearest taxi stand?" She asked, her voice trembling.

After thanking the kind stranger, Hyuna ran towards the direction pointed to her. She appeared calm on the outside even though her heart was hammering. She knew it was her brain making her act this way - acting like everything was fine, lying to herself. She didn't want to have a breakdown before she could even reach Woohyun. She had to be quick.

Throughout the excruciatingly slow journey to the hospital, Hyuna find herself loss for words and even breathing was becoming a difficult task.



When Hyuna arrived at the ward, there were lots of people in the ward

Please log in to read the full chapter