Suggested Names

Naming Us {HELLO AEONS!} //gathering EXOU shippers

suggested names

eden
Reason: Any place of complete bliss and delight and peace; paradise
Contributor: hyunaegi
 
effervesce
Reason: Effervesce is another word for foam and foam is a related term between aiyu and exo. Aiyu's cruel fairy tale (For this wait might just turn into seafoam) and exo's baby don't cry (Please don’t hesitate at the moment you’ll become foam) both has the storyline about the beautiful fairytale, the little mermaid. And to us, the little mermaid is the most beautiful fairytale that was ever written for it shows both unconditional love and self-sacrificial for our loved ones. To add on, effervesce means to show enthusiasm, excitement and liveliness. Isn't that what exou shippers are?
Contributors: 10apples, Wisdomheart
 
spectrum
Reason: A band of colors, as seen in a rainbow, produced by separation of the components of light by their different degrees of refraction according to wavelength; When all 13 stars combine, their bright lights and unique colours unite into one perfect constellation. In order to stand out among the other stars in the universe, all 13 stars need to work on their spectrum together. When their spectrum is big and bright, no other stars -not even the sun- are strong enough to compete against them.
Contributor: A_MooNStar

iridescent
Reason: To illuminate, glisten and gleam. When you combine the talented beings, IU and EXO together, they shine out with bright light.
Contributor: -iridescence

speíra tou chrónou
Reason: Greek for 'Time Spiral'. There are too many relations about not wanting to grow up through EXO and IU's songs. As a result, they are caught in this time spiral where time doesn't exist.
Contributor: amusuk
cerulean
Reason: Resembling the blue of the sky [According to dictionary.com] Blue symbolizes freedom, blue skies are the emblematic of optimism. These two can be easily found in childhood times which can be correlated to the 'stop the time during most favorable moment' concept from both IU & EXO. Surely for most of us, our such moments are the time when we were children. Not only that, relating back to the blue colour, it represents loyalty, faith and protection. It is because of the innocence of a child, he is to give his faith and loyalty towards someone to his fullest, and of course during childhood, protection is given as one of the priorities. Another indirect relevance is the word of 'blue moon' that has the definition of 'forever an ever', matching the infinity that IU and EXO are seeking for in their songs.
Contributor: PearLee
 
madeleine
Reason: Seashells connect us to the ocean and water energy. Water is described as an element that represents our emotions. This is because in contact with seashells, our intuition and sensitivity are activated. Hence, allowing us to express our imagination and creativity. The descriptions mentioned are precisely how a young being that is full of wonders - a child that will act. These characteristics are what are our idols wanted to have for they long to remain in their childhood times. Other than that, cake is a sweet delicacy that is loved by many and in a way it symbolizes childhood too. Childhood that is uncomplicated can be considered as the sweetest part in our life(how we all wanted a trouble less life), therefore it is related to the simply yet sweet Madeleine cake. As for the definition of triggering something nostalgia, it is obvious. From time to time, we always reminisce our childhood especially during the bad times.
Contributor: PearLee
 
aeon
Reason: Has the same eternal/timeless concept behind IU and EXO's songs. A desire for time to never exist, for the happy moment to last forever. A synonym of 'eternity'. Like how we want EXOU to exist even outside of time.
Contributor: PearLee
 
luminescent
Reason: Different luminous lights could be seen from different angles. Relationships between IU and EXO can be connected diamond; if a person were to view multiple relationships between them all, we could perceive them as multiple colors, but each of them is still just as bright and just as lovely.
Contributor: ForeverSeoul
 
eternalist
Reason: It is one who holds the existence of matter to be from eternity. An eternalist is someone who believes the theory behind eternalism and behind this theory, they believe that humans are able to time travel. Going to which ever phase they like, even childhood time if they desire. Similar to EXO and IU's songs concept about stopping time and even traveling back in time or to the future, eternalist could easily do so and fulfil the needs of making the desired moment lasts forever.
Contributor: 10apples
 
ethereal
Reason: Extremely delicate or refined; heavenly or celestial; DON'T ASK ME WHY I JUST SAW THIS IN THE PROMOTE THINGY BLAH
Contributor: jieunfied
 
puzzle
Reason: EXO and IU is just like a puzzle. They are so different yet due to this, they complete one another with their different sides. The puzzle wouldn't be complete if one piece is found missing. And because they matches one another so well, they are the meaning of perfection. Besides, it is our mission  to complete the puzzle that is waiting to be solved.
Contributor: Dinoo-ji
 
radiant
Reason: An adjective meaning emitting rays of light and bright with joy, hope. A flash of radiance can be seen when the camera shutter is pressed, capturing that special moment and making it last forever. This brings a nostalgic feeling to everyone whenever we see that captured moment. This make it more endearing to EXOU shippers since there are a few songs from EXO and IU that mainly talk about how they didn't want to grow up and wanting to stop time, making the moment last forever. Furthermore, the radiant beaming out from EXOU is unstoppable for they look so good together.
Contributor: 10apples
 
enchanter
Reason: With the overwhelming similarity concept behind EXO and IU's songs (wanting to stop time, never wanting to grow up). Childhood seems to be one nostalgia that made us reminisce and to think back. The only magic that could be cast over is photography. With a shutter pressed, a spell was cast - capturing that moment and making it last forever. Likewise, as long as the hearts of people are alive, as long as they regard that particular moment as something precious and special, no matter how much time pass, the moment will never cease to exist in our hearts. Just like how the magical fairytale concept EXO and IU also share, we, EXOU shippers would live to remember and chant every EXOU moment, making it come true and for it to live on forever.
Contributor: 10apples
 
miracle
Reason: Miracles would always happen when you believe, even when hope is frail. But as long as you believe, as long as hope exists, miracles will never cease to happen. Likewise how EXO and IU's similar song concept of traveling through time, wanting time to stop. They show signs of dedication, unwavering will and hope. We all need a miracle and EXOU shipper will become one for EXOU.
Contributor: 10apples


a huge thanks to all the contributors for these awesome names!