Chapter 1

Forgotten Love

AUTHOR’s POV

*SLAP*

 

“How could you cheat on me?” Krystal yelled at Myungsoo while holding onto his right burning cheek. She caught him kissing Suzy at a café where she was having brunch with Amber. On the other hand, Suzy didn’t know that Myungsoo already in a relationship with someone else. She was shocked seeing the scene.

 

“Yahhh, can you please stop hitting me. You’re making a scene here. People are watching,” Myungsoo told Krystal who was hitting him continuously and her held wrist tightly.

 

“L, don’t be too rough on a girl” Amber helped Krystal who was trying to escape from Myungsoo’s hold.

 

“Soojung, enough” Amber whispered.  She prevented Krystal from beating Myungsoo by hugging her gently from behind. She was staring at Suzy intensely. Of course she knew her, Suzy used to confess to Amber but she rejected her since she is in love with Krystal.

 

“Let’s talk outside, L” Amber spoke calmly while hugging Krystal. The younger girl was sobbing on Amber’s chest. Suzy also followed Myungsoo out of the café. She wanted to know the truth and wanted an explanation from Myungsoo. Amber let Krystal sit on a bench as she stood away from Krystal.

 

“Settle everything now” Amber told Myungsoo. He stood in front of Krystal.

 

“Krys, I’m sorry but I’m growing tired of you. Our love had no sparks anymore. Our relationship is dull. When I’m with you I felt something missing. It’s love. I don’t love you anymore. It happened before I met Suzy. To be honest she didn’t know I had a girlfriend already because I never tell her before” Myungsoo explained making Krystal looked up at her. On the other hand, Amber gazed at Suzy who was standing across her.

 

“Look, let’s just break up. If we continued this relationship, it won’t work till the end. Let’s just end this in a good way, okay?” Myungsoo begged Krystal.

 

“Fine!!!” Krystal stood up and pushed away Myungsoo.

 

“From now on, we’re nothing” She screamed at him and ran into Amber’s hug. She hugged her tightly and continued crying on her chest. Amber slowly rubbed Krystal’s back and kissed her hair.

 

“It’s okay, Soojung. I’m here with you” She whispered at Krystal. The latter continued crying in her arms while the couple in front of them was still in a deep conversation.

 

“Why did you lie to me?” Suzy asked Myungsoo.

 

“Suz, I didn’t mean to lie at you. I am really going to break up with her when I see her tomorrow. I don’t love her anymore. I love you” He reached for Suzy’s hand but pulled away from her.

 

“Easy to say” She stormed off and Myungsoo went to chase after her. Amber drove Krystal home afterwards.

 

***

 

“I hate him. I won’t trust him anymore” Krystal was collecting her couple stuffs with Myungsoo and decided to throw it away with their pictures. She was tearing the photo while Amber was watching her doing so.

 

“That dumb face. I already suspected that he will cheat on me. How could he betrayed our long relationship” Krystal said as she stuffed her newly trash into a black plastic bag.

 

“Amberrrr, why are you just looking at me, help me to get rid of these things” She pointed on the messy floor where she threw everything’s.

 

“Ohh soryy” She started to help Krystal too. Krystal didn’t stop nagging about Myungsoo along that. She didn’t look sad anymore as Amber cracked some joke causing her laugh whole heartedly. Amber always managed make Krystal smile whenever she’s upset but there’s one thing that Amber didn’t dare to do; it is confessing.

 

***

FEW WEEKS LATER

“Thanks, Am for being by my side and helping me to move on” Amber and Krystal plopped themselves on the couch. They just go back from amusement park. Amber was the master mind behind this since she wanted to make Krystal fully happy. After the break up, Amber was always accompanied Krystal and she was there whenever the young girl is down. She made sure that there isn’t a day Krystal went through unhappily and filled her day lively. Without Amber’s acknowledge, Krystal already recovered from her past relationship. She didn’t think about Myungsoo anymore. Everything about him was vanished from her mind and heart. Deep down inside her heart, there a new feeling is growing towards the older girl.

 

“Not a problem, Soojung. Your servant is always for duty” She bowed her head a little at Krystal making the younger girl chuckled.

 

“Forgetting L is easy if you are always by my side. You already make the pain inside my heart faded away” Krystal stared at Amber.

 

“He’s not worth for you, Soojung. You’re pretty, gorgeous and nice. Many boys want you to be their girlfriend. You only have to choose which one is the best” Amber exclaimed happily while deep inside her heart she really want Krystal to be her girlfriend.

 

“It’s not true. Most boys thought I’m cold, scary and unfriendly. No one likes me, Am” Krystal responded and sighed.

 

“I like you” Amber incidentally blurted out. She immediately covered .

 

“What did you say?” Krystal questioned her.

 

“Nothing” She mumbled.

 

“I heard you saying that you like me” Krystal teased the tomboy as she moved closer towards her.

 

“What?? NOOOO!!” Amber moved away from Krystal when the girl came closer to her.

 

“Look, your face is red. As red as tomato” Krystal continued teasing the blushing Amber.

 

“My face is naturally red since I was born, okay” She replied making the younger girl laughed.

 

“So, Amber Liu likes me since she was born. Full stop” Krystal told Amber while looking at her. Amber had of enough teasing and she had decided to reveal the truth since Krystal is not with Myungsoo anymore.

 

“What will you if I really likes you?” Amber asked Krystal.

 

“Huh?” She responded.

 

“It’s not like you will give me a chance if I really likes you” Amber continued. Krystal was thinking deeply when she heard Amber’s reply. Will she ever give Amber a chance to be with her? She thought for a while. In her life, there’s only one person who always by her side, Amber. They had gone through the joys and hardship together since they were kids. Besides, she already felt her stomach became ticklish whenever she’s with Amber. That’s mean she is slowly falling in love with……

 

“Why not?” She muttered as she decided to give a try with Amber. When Amber heard the young girl’s reply making her speechless. She was confused whether she heard right or not. The beautiful Krystal Jung wanted to give her a chance. Amber woke up from her spacing out when Krystal slapped her arm.

 

“Yahhhh, I said ‘why not’! What is your answer now?” Krystal asked Amber who was still disbelieving with what she heard.

 

“I..I…umm….I” Amber hesitated to answer the girl. She loves her but at the same time, she was doubt whether she chose the right decision or not. Being with Krystal is the thing that she dreamt for but part of her is scared with the fact that one day, when Krystal realized that she didn’t love with Amber and decided to break up. She was afraid being hurt as she is deeply in love with Krystal.

 

“Ammmmm..” Krystal softly called Amber as she grabbed the tomboy’s hand.

 

“Huhhh?” She startled at the sudden touch.

 

“Let’s try. I’m tired being with boys. Maybe I’m destined with a girl” Krystal smiled at Amber and intertwined their hands together. Well, Amber thought for a while and she finally decided.

 

“Okay but we’re just dating from now, Soojung and one day when I felt that you really love me then I will ask you to be my girlfriend. I don’t want to take risk. We should date for this couples months. Who knows maybe you will love me as much I love you” Amber tighten their intertwined hands. Krystal smiled broadly when she heard Amber’s statement. Amber is right. They should be dating first before further their relationship into the next stage. She also didn’t want Amber to hurt so that’s why she promised herself to learn loving Amber.

 

“Thank you, Am” She hugged Amber and hide her crying face on Amber’s neck. She was so glad that Amber agreed. She already forgets about Myungsoo just like that and this time, she will make it right with Amber. Maybe, she and Amber are not officially together but one day, they will. Krystal will learn to love Amber and make Amber feel her love soon.

 

“You’re welcome, Soojung” Amber replied as she gently make Krystal faced her and wiped those tears on the latter’s face.

 

“Such a baby girl” Amber pinched Krystal’s cheeks making the girl chuckled before she took Amber’s hands into hers. Krystal was leaning closer towards Amber and placed a kiss on her cheek. As a respond, Amber pecked Krystal’s forehead and hugged her.

 

***

 

Amber and Krystal relationship known by Krystal’s parents while Amber; she had lost her parents in an air crash few years ago. She has an older sister named Jackie who take care of her and at the same time she was the one who managed her parents’ company since Amber was still schooling back then. Mr & Mrs Jung is an open minded couple. They understood that loves didn’t count the gender and ages. They openly accepted their daughter’s relationship without any hesitation since they knew Amber is a responsible and kind hearted person. At the same time, they were witnessing how Amber always by Krystal’s side during her happy and hard times.

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

It had been months I’m dating Amber. She has been treating me like a princess. When Myungsoo and I were together back then, he never treats me like this though. For me Amber is definitely different from Myungsoo because she understood me so well. Since we are dating, Amber tried to shoo away and ignored her fan girls because once I told her that I was jealous seeing she with other girls. Throughout the month, I could feel Amber’s love towards me and I hope she will feel mine too but both of us never utter the ‘I LOVE YOU’ to each other. However, she still didn’t ask me to be her girlfriend yet.

 

“Finally, I realised that I love Amber more than L” I wrote it in my diary with a picture of Amber and I during a date yesterday above it. In just a month, my diary occupied with photos which Amber and I took whenever we went for a date. I expressed every single thing in it. How Amber treated me, what she did to me and many more! Then I close the diary and put it on the lamp table. I grabbed the new photo album and rolled on my bed.

 

“We looked good together” I mumbled while checking out the photos. When I flipped into the next page, I saw Amber’s pout face alone.

 

“She’s so cute” I commented and stupidly stole a peck at the photo on Amber’s lips. I never kiss her on the lips since she never try to initiate it. Maybe, she’s waiting for the right time.

 

*BEEP*

 

My phone rang indicating there is a message came in. I slide the screen to unlock it. Amber sent me a message asking me whether I’m free tomorrow. She could not visit me today because she had extra class for her upcoming exam within a week. Of course I wanted to go out with her. It’s my birthday tomorrow and I wanted to celebrate it with her.  A moment later she replied saying that she missed me even though it’s only a day that we didn’t meet up. I responded texting ‘I miss you too. See you tomorrow :*’

 

AMBER’s POV

‘I miss you too. See you tomorrow :*’. Goshh. My stomach was full with butterflies when I saw the kiss symbol at the end and I was super happy knowing that she missed me too. I didn’t know why I’m attending the class. If not for the sake of my late Mum and Dad, I won’t be here during weekend having extra classes instead of going out for a date with Krystal. Actually, tomorrow is her birthday so I’m going to surprise her tomorrow by asking her to be my girlfriend. In her, I trust.

 

***

 

Finally the days had come; Krystal’s birthday. Before I went to pick her up, I made sure that my surprised going to work. I got an idea while watching a drama. The ring is the most important one. Why did I feel that I was going to propose her to be my wife? My hands didn’t stop sweating since I wake up and my heart kept beating nervously. When I arrived at her house, I came in first to greet Krystal’s parents. They knew about my plan to ask her to be my girlfriend since I asked their permission first. First, I’m going to pretend that I forgot her birthday too.

 

“My princess looked so beautiful today” Her Dad complimented her as he saw Krystal walked down. She’s so beautiful with the dress on her.

 

“I don’t think so though. Amber doesn’t think I’m pretty today.” She pouted and went to hug her parents. I was clueless at the moment.

 

“My daughter is not pretty huh, Amber” Her father asked me while giving me the cold glare. Gosh, the glare ran in the Jungs’ blood.

 

“Noo, she’s not just pretty but beautiful in every aspect. And she’s is too perfect for me” I smiled at the Jung’s family. Mr & Mrs. Jung chuckled and Krystal made her way to me as she gave me a peck on cheek.

 

“Thanks, Am” She hooked her arm with mine.

 

“My pleasure, Princess” I replied and took the leave.  When I was driving to the restaurant, I could feel her eyes staring intensely at me. Maybe, she’s waiting for her birthday wish.

 

“Why are you gazing me like you want to eat me?” I joked.

 

“Don’t you think you forget something?” She asked me with a serious tone.

 

“Ahhhh, wait. Here. It’s here” I pointed at my wallet located at the compartment.

 

“Not that thing. You really forget about it?” She responded sternly.

 

“What did I forget, Soojung? Tell me then” I told her.

 

“Nevermind” She replied with a flat tone and turned her face around. I’m sorry to disappoint you for now. I glanced at her and she really looked mad at me. The journey was silent except the music player was alluring the music.

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

When I wake up this morning, there’s no miss call or even a text message from Amber. Did she forget my birthday? Mum baked me a cake while Dad gave me a brand new smart phone for me. I should be happy but I was upset since Amber didn’t wish me yet. Evening came, and Amber fetched me. She didn’t wish me while we’re in the house so when we’re inside the car I asked her but it seemed like she didn’t remember my birthday at all. Since, she forgot my birthday I didn’t talk to her until we arrived at our destination.

 

“The air is nice hereeeeeee” Amber exclaimed as she got out from the car and stretched her body. We’re going to have a picnic because it had been a month since we had one as our first date. Amber carried the picnic basket which she took from the back seat. She ran to the shaddy tree and placed down the basket. I didn’t bother to talk to her yet.

 

“Krys, can you take out the mat from the boot” She told me when I got out from the car. I’m still mad at her because she forgot my birthday but she still doesn’t realise it so I slammed the door car.

 

“FINEEEE” I replied and made my way to the boot. Amber stood smiling while looking at me from far. Lazily I opened the boot and was shocked seeing a lot of balloons coming out at once. There were a lot of floating balloons up in the sky. In the car’s boot, there were bunches of flowers neatly arranged around a big greeting card with a cake picture on it written;

 

‘HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PRINCESS & I LOVE YOU’ I read it. A wide smile curved on my face. Amber didn’t forget about my birthday at all. However, I noticed a smaller handwriting under the birthday’s wish so I move closer and grabbed the card.

 

“Will you be my girlfriend, Jung Soojung?” No words could ever describe my feelings at that moment. It was beyond everything. I realized there is a balloon attached with a ring floating at my height. There was Amber’s name curved on it. So, I turned behind ready to give the answer but Amber was not in my sight.

 

“Happy Birthday, Princess” Amber appeared in front of me as I turned around and whispered those sentence giving me goose bumps. I was blushing and my face is redder than a tomato.

 

“Soooo, you don’t mad at me anymore right?” She asked me and I shook my head while looking down embarrassedly.

 

“Do you really think that I will forget your birthday?” I nodded and she let out a chuckle. I was going to protest at her but she immediately gave me a hug. A tight one.

 

“Of course I won’t forget someone who I love’s birthday” She mumbled while hugging me. I hugged her back.

 

“Thank you for the surprise” I replied. No one had ever does that kind of surprise to me. Even it’s just a simple one but it’s the sweetest. We broke the hug.

 

“Am..ber, I..I want to be your…your……………..girlfriend” I stuttered as I looked deeply into her eyes. A dorkiest smile showed on her face.

 

“Thank you, Soojung” Eventhough people around me also called me Soojung but I only love she calling me by the Korean name. She leaned closer and planted a kiss on my forehead. She untied the string on the ring and helped me to wear it as she wore hers too with my name written on it. Later, Amber took out the mat from the back seat which she hid under the carpet so I won’t notice it earlier. In the picnic basket, there a small birthday cake which is baked by Amber. We had light evening tea while cuddling on the mat under a shady tree with windy air and watching the breath-taking view of sunset.

 

***

 

AMBER’s POV

I prepared two tickets for us to enjoy Krystal’s birthday at the amusement park. She’s officially my girlfriend from now on. We tried so many extreme rides or the cutie one like merry-go-round and lastly the Ferris wheel ride. Krystal was busy staring at panoramic view of midnight Seoul as I wrapped my arm around her shoulders. Then, I started moving closer towards her. A peck on her lips is enough. I leaned my head closer to her while she was babbling about how beautiful the view is.

 

“Am, look at…….” She turned to me and met my forehead.

 

“Ammm..b..e..r” I felt her hot breath on my lips. I saw Krystal closed her eyes and I did the same as our lips met. So soft. The peck last for a while before we broke this but our foreheads were still attached together. I wanted to pull out but prevented by Krystal as she grabbed my jacket and closed our gaps again. We were involved in deep and passionate kisses as she made first move to enter my mouth. Our tongues tangled. We broke the kiss when oxygen was needed.

 

“I love you” She caressed my face and wiped my lower lip with her thumb.

 

“I love you too” I replied and planted a kiss on her forehead when I hugged her. That day ended well. I was beyond happy today. Krystal’s parents were glad knowing that she already be my girlfriend.

 

***

 

Our 3rd month as an official couple was showered with snow. I noticed the snow started falling early in the morning when I was heading to the college for my test. , I forget to bring my scarf. As much as I love the winter but I hate cold so bad. I’m going to have sore throats today since I didn’t cover it. When I was walking along the hallway, I spotted Myungsoo in front of my class. He enrolled in the same university as me but we took different course actually so he shouldn’t be here because his faculty located at the south. Unless he wanted to……..

 

“Hey Amber, can I talk to you for a while” He approached me and I nodded in respond. He’s still my friend after all. We’re basketball buddies since high school already. Actually, Myungsoo and Krystal got together through me. They had been in relationship since high school already making them together for almost 3 years until the day the broke up.

 

“What’s it?” I smiled at him while leaning against the wall.

 

“Soooo, I heard you and Krystal are dating after I broke up with her” He questioned.

 

“Sort of” I replied short.

 

“Am, I still loves her” He responded.

 

“L, I really love her too” I replied.

 

“Amber, I’ve been together with her quite long. I really love her. Maybe Krystal and I rarely spent time together making us fall apart. That’s why I met Suzy because she gave me love which I missed it from Krystal. I swore I already left Suzy” He pleaded.

 

“I’m sorry, L. You hurt her once and I will never give you another chance to hurt her. Besides, we’re officially together since 3 months ago” I told him while staring at the floor.

 

“Really?” He sighed and I nodded.

 

“Then, there’s nothing that I can do anymore. I can’t force her to love me back. You deserved her, Amber” He patted my shoulder and gave me a bro hug before he left. When I finished answering the paper earlier than anyone else, I passed up the paper and dashed out. Am I suitable for Krystal? She’s perfect while I’m just a girl who looked like a guy. We will able to remain together for the rest of our life. What if deep inside her heart, she still loves L? Those questions were lingering in my mind when I walked out the college.

 

“Amberrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr” I heard Krystal’s voice and as I looked up I found the latter running towards me and give me a lovingly hug. She wrapped her arms around my neck as we tighten our hugs.

 

“OH MY GOD, your neck is cold” She exclaimed when she loosened our hugs.

 

“I forgot to bring my scarf” I replied as I scratched the back of my head.

 

“You might have sore throat and fever too after this. However you’re so lucky to have a caring girlfriend like me” She told me and took out a scarf from her handbag. She wrapped neatly the scarf around my neck while blabbing a little bit.

 

“…. I just don’t want my girlfriend to be sick, OKAY?” She reminded me to always bring scarf during winter.

 

“Yes, Mam” I gave a peck on her lips when she finished wrapping the scarf. I took her hand in mine and started walking to the park. The journey was silence since I’m still thinking about the previous problem. I thought she noticed my attitude so she dragged me to the nearby bench.

 

“Amber, why are you so quiet? Are you sick?” Krystal asked as she put her back of her hand against my forehead.

 

“Nooooo, I’m just fine. I’m strong and won’t be sick if you’re around” I smiled at her before leaning my forehead against hers after I removed her hand.

 

“You looked miserable. Is there something playing on your mind?” She asked while caressing my face. She understands me so well. I shook my head in response. I don’t want her to feel bad if I’m not sure enough about her love towards me.

 

“Come on, just spit it out. I’m your girlfriend, baby” She whined. She kept persuading me to spill the truth even I kept denying it.

 

“You never feel my silent treatment. Do you want to go through it this time?” She threatened me and I frowned.

 

“No, I don’t want to” I replied as I took her hands in mine.

 

“Then, why can you just tell me baby?” She told me and I stared deeply into her eyes. Do you really me, Soojung? L still loves you. You will leave me soon. How can I live without you?

 

”Actually, I met L today…..” Come on, Am. Spill the truth, it’s not fair for her if you kept the truth from her.

 

“…..he knew about us being together and he told me that he still loves you. He regretted with what he did towards you. Now, he has nothing to with Suzy, they broke up already” I looked forward trying to supress my tears.

 

“Then, what is bothering you, Am?” Krystal asked me.

 

“H..he still loves you. Don’t you get it? You’re together with him for a long time. Maybe deep down inside your heart, there is a place for him” I got up from the sit.

 

“Maybe I should give you some space so that you could think wisely. And please don’t pity me, Soojung” I walked away just like that. I’m a coward. I didn’t even wait for her explanation because I’m afraid I can’t accept the truth if she chose L at the end.