Can't Let You Go

Can't Let You Go (Just Give Me A Reason Sequel)
“You can do this ___, you can do this…” you mumbled to yourself as you locked the door of your apartment behind you. You were on your way to meet your ex-boyfriend Lee Seunghyun for a cup of coffee. For the umpteenth time that day you wondered what had possessed you to accept his invitation to go out as friends when you remembered the phone call from that morning. Seunghyun had called you and asked you to meet with him once his schedule finished for the day; he sounded very serious on the phone and it had you somewhat worried. Was he leaving for another world tour again? You didn’t think you could take another year away from him, even though you two weren’t in a relationship you found yourself looking forward to the times he would call or text you much like in the old days.
 
However that feeling of happiness and love didn’t last for long as every time he would contact you, you remembered the painful way you had broken up with him and all the heartache you had caused him. You couldn’t deal with the crazy fans and the paparazzi. You couldn’t deal with him having to deny your existence. You couldn’t deal with having to hide your relationship from the public. But instead of thinking about how he felt you left, selfishly you left. So you’d left him and you hadn’t spoken to him for a year after that. You could call it fate or destiny but a few months ago you had run into him at your local coffee shop and started speaking again but under the promise of just being friends.
 
You walked for a few minutes until you came to a much busier street than the one outside your apartment and hailed for a cab. Luckily for you today it only took two tries before a kind ahjussi stopped for you. You smiled at him and told him your location at which he raised his eyebrow. You had to admit it looked a bit weird that a young woman was hailing a cab to the outskirts of Seoul in the middle of the night. Once you had gotten yourself comfortable in the small car you started thinking about Seunghyun again as you so often did.
 
You must have been caught up deep in your thoughts because before you knew it the kind ahjussi was telling you that you had arrived at your destination. You paid and smiled at him, giving him a considerable tip for putting up with your daydreaming self.
 
You walked into the café and looked around for a couple of minutes before you noticed Seunghyun sitting in a dark and deserted corner, two cups of macchiato and your favourite strawberry shortcake sitting in front of him. A bittersweet smile graced as you remembered all the nights you had spent here talking and laughing back when you were together. He caught the smile on your face and seemed to understand where your thoughts had led as an identical smile of reminiscence formed on his lips.
 
You walked over to him and gave him a hug as a friend even though it broke your heart to do so. You sat across him and waited for him to talk, knowing it might take him a few seconds to gather his thoughts. Barely any time had passed before he cleared his throat and began speaking.
“I know we’ve been through a lot ___. You broke my heart” he remarked bitterly. “You left me without looking back. Call me stupid if you want but somehow I still love you. I wake up every morning and the first person on my mind is you. When I go to sleep the last thing I see your face. When you hug me my heart still flutters… I know we’re supposed to be just friends” he spat the words out almost as if they were poison “but I don’t think I can last another day without you being mine.” he said as he looked deep into your eyes and you could tell every word he said he had meant.
 
“Se-Seunghyun I don’t know what to say….” you stuttered, not having expected this conversation at all. You were flustered and your heart was beating double time – was Seunghyun being serious? Could he really want you back after all you had done to him?
 
“Say that you miss me – say that you love me!” he demanded in a raised voice. People were beginning to turn around and look at the two of you but you paid them no mind, focusing only on the beautiful man in front of you that still had your heart.
 
“I do but-“ you mumbled but before you could say anything else he gripped your hands tighter in his and gave you a blinding smile. Whatever else that had been on your mind was simply lost; shocked by how happy he looked. You hadn’t seen him smile like that in a long, long time.
 
“There is no ‘but’. As long as I love you and you love me I don’t care about anything else.” he murmured as he leaned across the table and softly pecked your lips. Your cheek quickly coloured red and he chuckled in response.
 
"How I’ve missed making you blush.” he remarked cheekily as you softly slapped his shoulder. You hadn’t been this happy in a long, long time.