Chapter One

Forever

 

It was late and we were tired. Falling alseep on my bed as my best friend lay beside me. Our conversation had died some time ago, but we still lay together as if listening to the other. I was currently staring into his eyes, as he looked back into mine. Lord knows what he was thinking. Maybe he, like me had also stopped thinking all together. Maybe he was as lost in me as I was in him. All I really know is that the longer we lay there trying not to fall asleep, the bigger the smile on his face became. It's a lazy smile. It's a waking up on a sunday afternoon when the sun is shining and you have no where else in the world you need to be, kind of smile. It's a smile that's there just because it can be. It is my favorite smile. The way it lights up his face and shows off his dimples, well it takes my breath away. Which is weird right? You're heart shouldnt stop because of your best friend. Neither should it beat double time because of small, stupid moments. But here I am with my breath caught in my throat and my heart beating a mile a minute, and all because of him.

We've known eachother forever. Well as long as I can remember anyway, which in kid terms in pretty much forever, and seeing as we are now both 19, it is safe to say it's been a long time. Not, that I am complaining. Did you not see the part where I said he's my best friend? Our parents were friends first. They went to school together, and then college together, and then they lost touch. But found eachother again when both of our mums got pregnant. They only rang to tell eachother the news and ended up realising they'd lived in the same city for over 3 years. You could say we were fated to be friends huh?

Whatever the case was, we have grown up together, there is nothing about the kid in front of me I dont know. I know his favorite colour, his favorite tv show, book, movie, biggest fear, his dreams, what he hates. You name it I will be able to tell you. I can read him like a book. When he came out to me I almost laughed at him, which in hind sight wasn't the best idea. But did he serisouly think after 4 years of watching him stare at our maths teachers arse I wasn't going to have noticed that something was going on. Not to say the man didn't have a good arse, needless to say it was damn fine, no best friend of mine is going to have poor taste in men. My point however stands, I know him better than I know myself. And he's the same with me. We couldn't hide something from the other if we tried.

Except for now.

As I said, here we are, staring at eachother on my bed. Like we have a million times. A few moments ago we were talking about what would happen if you put Thor's hammer in a microwave, but now there was nothing. We're no strangers to silence. We've spent hours of our lives together happily ignoring eachother, sitting together in silence as we both do out own thing. This is different though. It's something new. I dont really know how long we have been here but I know I feel less tired than I did before. As if my brain is saying, "dont fall asleep yet, this is important." Only, I have a clue what 'this' is.

I have noticed however, that his eyes have tiny flecks of colour in them. You know, the stereotypical type that make his eyes sparcle, or whatever it is all the YA novels are full of. But his eyes are pretty. Well no, his whole self is pretty. And don't read too much into that, I'm just stating a fact here. I'm man enough to be able to say that my best friend is the hottest person I know. I mean look at him. He has amazing soft, wavey brown hair that frames his face, showing off his cheakbones even more. He has the cutest dimples when he smiles, and eyes that shine or smolder, depending on his mood. And dont even get me started on those abs. I know I'm well built but when that boy takes his shirt off I may as well be a chubby year 7, aint no body going to be looking at Kim Wonshik while Lee Hongin is around. Which is also great about him, because even though the entire world takes it upon themeselves to tell him he is heaven walking, he is still ing humble. And it's not that bull humble either, he's not just saying it. The little is actually just that genuine. Sickening isnt it?

Now I realise, it may seem weird, and maybe even i'm finding it weird now, that I'm laying here staring into my best friends eyes, thinking about how hot he is, but just, stop that. He is like a brother to me, a very hot, dangerously close, brother, but a brother.

Slowly I see him bite his lip. I know he must be thinking something. He only ever bites his lip when worried, usually over thinking things in his head.

But then his lip is released and a shy smile takes it's place as I feel fingers graze cross my palm.

That's when it occurs to me that this boy laying next to me has never told me about a single boy he likes. Why my brain finds it important to let me know about that little fact right at this moment is currently beyond me. Although that may have something to do with how braindead I became the moment he thread his fingers through mine with the warmth of his skin flowing over me, causing butterflies to exploded within my stomach and for that breath caught in my throat to choke back. And for some reason that meant I felt the need to squeeze his hand back, because obviously that's the only logical thing to do when your best friend randomly takes your hand and makes your heart skip.

This is fine though right? We hold hands all the time. We cuddle, and spoon and hold hands. We have been known to kiss the other on the cheek and to grab the other's , we are bestfriends, and that's just what we do. Nothing werid about it, just friendly. It's like saying I love you, it is purely broship, guy love, if you will.

So why does this all seem so suddenly different?

My eyes have not left his, and his have not left mine. Our silence now feels heavy but his hand feels so right in mine that I forget that we should even be talking at all, or maybe looking away.

Then suddenly all I am left to wonder is when we became so close to one another. At what point did we move closer, and how did I not notice? I feel his breath on my skin, a mix of toothpaste and him, which for some reason its taking physical effort to not breath it in as deeply as i can.

I should probably move back, or blink or look away. Maybe I should take my hand from his and calm my breathing. I should definitely not be moving my face closer, and I really shouldn't be closing my eyes. But I do.

The few moments beweetn telling my brain to just "shut up" while closing my eyes and the eventual blissful feeling of my lips meeting his were the longest I think I have ever had to endure. The whole world was moving in slow motion and nothing seemed to move fast enough, but then, in the softest of presses our lips met.

It felt like a dream. A very werid sureal dream where everything was technicolour. The kiss was chaste, it lasted seconds at most. But it was exactly what we needed. As I pull away from him I my lips, tasting how sweet the boy in front of me truely is. And when I finally look at him again his face confirms everything.

He is wearing a smile so beautiful I could die. It doesn't just reach his eyes it has taken over his whole body. My beautiful best friend is smiling at me, and I am exactly the reason why. And I know that as he looks at me, he is thinking the same. Well maybe not so much the beautiful part, we all know I'm the brains.

But then he's squeezing my hand and giggling like a girl and I can't help but give in. I laugh too. It's hard not to with him around. He just makes me so gosh darn happy.

"Ravi?" He  asks so quietly I doubt I would have heard if I had not seen his lips move.

"Yeah?" I reply, absentmindedly brushing a peice of hair out of his eyes.

"Thank you" He says, smiling at me again with that cute content smile.

"What for?" I ask slightly bemused, it's not like I'd really done anything.

"For being my best friend." He states, and I can't help but feel my smile falter.

"Best friend? That's still all we are?" I try to keep my voice steady and quiet, but it was more difficult that maybe it should have been.

"No" He chuckles. "We're not. You're mine Kim Wonshik whether you like it or not."

And just like that the spell that hung over us was broken and I can't help but laugh. I poke him in the forhead mumbling "stupid" as I reach over to grab his other hand.


Laying on my back I pull him ontop of my chest, which doesn't go quite as planned and he ends up sort of half on me half off but it's good enough.

"Stupid" I murmer staring once again into his eyes. "You are clearly the one who is mine." I laugh as I lean up to capture his lips once again. Hopefully for longer this time. I want a chance to get a feel for what I have just claimed.

For a second he tries to push me away. Being all indignant about how he isnt mine, but as my lips tease his in a slow, intoxicating movements he finally gives in and we melt into one another. His lips feel like heaven and taste even better. I can't help but nibble and on them as I feel him fall to jelly under my fingers. My hands are now around his waist as he lays compleatly on my chest. Still not totally ontop of me, but being held in place by myself and the hands he has cuppping my face, which have now moved to tangle in my hair.

I could get used to this feeling.

You know how when you are feeling lonely, you get that weird empty feeling in your stomach? And you're chest becomes heavy and  your eyes just seem to always on the brink of tears? Well this was the exact opposite. I felt full. Compleatly full. Not full like, "I've just eaten the biggest pizza known to man" full, but "This is the best thing in my life and I don't ever want to lose it" full. Full of love and happiness and the beautiful boy im laying here with.

Lee Hongbin and I have been best friends since forever. I knew him inside out and backwards. But today was the first time I met my boyfriend Lee Hongbin. A boy I can not get enough of. His lips are my drug and his smile is my lifeline. This boy could make my heart stop, and beat double time for stupid small moments and that was totally okay, because this boy wasn't my best friend he was my soulmate, it just took forever to realize.

 

 

~A/N~ How was it? This was off the top of my head, so it's just kind of a whole ball of cute crap. I had the first sentence and sort of decided to see where it would go. I hope it's alright, and as ever shout at me is you see mistakes. One day I will have a PC and wont be stuck on my tablet. But until that day I shall beg for your forgiveness and hope you yell at me if you spot anything wrong <3