Rainy Day

Rainy Day

You woke up to the sound of thunder rumbling in the distance. 
Rain came down in sheets and you could hear the wind battering the sides of your house. 
You snuggled in under the blankets and tried to cuddle up to D.O but he wasn’t next to you. 
You got out of bed slowly and made your way downstairs towards the kitchen where you heard D.O moving around. 
He saw you enter and wrapped you in a warm hug, “so I have today all planned out! I know it’s raining but that doesn’t mean we can’t have fun! Right now we’re going to bake. Cupcakes or cookies?” D.O said all in a rush. 
He had a thing for making big plans and you didn’t mind, it made your day more interesting. 
“Cupcakes” you decided and you both set out to work. 
D.O made the batter and you made the icing. As the cupcakes baked D.O dragged you into the living room for a video game tournament. 
You played an intense game of Mario Kart. 
You ended up winning but D.O pretended like he did just to make himself feel better. 
As you finished up your third victory over D.O the timer went off for the cupcakes. 
You two went into the kitchen to decorate them. You each got to ice half of them. 
You made yours yellow with different smiley faces on each one, and D.O's all had cats on them. 
You ate your cupcakes and you were about to ask what D.O had planned next when he ran out the door. “Kyungie it’s pouring out! Your going to get soaked!!” you shouted after him. 
He turned around and grinned. “Please come out with me! I love being out in the rain” you sighed but followed him outside. 
Rain pummeled your head as you ran out to meet him. 
He grabbed your hand and you two walked together through the sheets of water. 
You walked for a long time, hand in hand, enjoying the feeling of rain. Lightening lit up the sky and thunder crashed as you made your way down the street. 
It was getting dark at this time. 
Street lights started to flicker on, making the rain seem like it was lighting itself up. 
D.O pulled you over to one of the lights and leaned against the pole. He pulled you into a long hug and you rested your head on his shoulder. It was a perfect moment. The rain had softened a bit so it was just pattering around you. 
The stars and moon shone brightly down on the trees. D.O looked at you intently and grabbed your chin in his hands. 
He held you there, just looking at you for a while before leaning in and kissing you passionately. His lips were soft and warm despite the could water resting on them. He smoothed your wet limp hair away from your face as he broke off the kiss. “I love you baby” he whispered quietly as the rain continued to fall around you.