Umbrella

Rain

 

 

He slowly walked the halls of his school, humming. When he reached his destination, he dropped his things on the ground and sat down on his chair. He looked outside the window. Rays of light made everything shine that blocked its path. It wasn't so hot but wasn't so cold either. The weather was perfect.

 

"Park Chanyeol." The teacher looked at his class attendance sheet.

"Here!" He replied.

 

--

 

Chanyeol met up with his best friend Baekhyun at the cafeteria. The pair was eating their lunch and Baekhyun talked nonstop about his favorite girl group again which annoyed Chanyeol. Ughh. He sighed and played with his food using a fork. Chanyeol suddenly felt an urge to go to the restroom as liquid filled up in his bladder.

 

"Baek, I just need to go to the bathroom real quick."

 

"Okay go."

 

When he stood up, he bumped into someone and hit the floor hard with his . "I- I'm very sorry." That someone held out a pale hand to Chanyeol. Chanyeol accepted the offer and grabbed the others hand. "Ah no I should be the one to say sorry." The guy who he accidentally crashed into let out a giggle. He bowed his head a little at Chanyeol and walked away.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun went back to their classroom. It was time for history class. The most 'exciting' class, for Chanyeol at least. Not wanting to listen to Mr. Wu's talk about dead people, he just laid his head down on his desk and drifted off to sleep.

 


 

 Mmm.. Chanyeol woke up from his slumber. He was the only one left in the classroom and all his classmate's things and bags were gone. It was dark and cold. He looked outside the window and it was raining. What the heck? Baekhyun just left me here alone. Chanyeol took his phone out of his pocket and texted Baekhyun.

 

"Yah! Baekhyun! Why did you go home without me? You didn't even wake me up! >:" In quick seconds he quickly got a reply.

 

"Sorry! I was gonna miss my favorite show and you were sleeping so soundly so I didn't bother to wake you up hehe.. ;D " The latter apologized.

 

This bastard ugh. Whatever.. Chanyeol packed up his stuff and left the empty classroom. He sauntered across the halls stopping at the school's main entrance. It was still rainingHe didn't have an umbrella with him so the only option was just to wait for the rain to stop pouring down. Just standing there for two minutes got him bored so fast so he played with his phone to waste time. Step. Step. Step.

 

Chanyeol heard footsteps coming from the stairs. He waited for the person to come down and saw a familiar face. It was the same guy who he accidentally bumped into. "Oh! It's you again. Why are you still here in school?" The guy immediately asked after spotting Chanyeol. "Oh I fell asleep in class and I don't have an umbrella with me.." Chanyeol let out an awkward laugh and scatched the back of his head.

 

"What about you? What are you still doing here?"
 

"Oh I'm assigned to clean my classroom today."
 

 

"My name is Junmyeon by the way. Kim Junmyeon."
 

"I'm Park Chanyeol."
 

"Can I call you by you first name? Chanyeol?"


"Yeah sure whatever you want to call me."


"Say do you live nearby?"


"Yeah, why?"


"I have an umbrella and I think it's big enough for the two of us. I can walk you home."


"You don't have-"


"It's okay. I insist." 


"Okay then. Thank you."

 

Junmyeon beamed a smile and grabbed Chanyeol's hand. Upon seeing Junmyeon's smile, everything turned in slow motion, his heart skipped a beat and raced drastically afterwards. Even though it was kinda dark, he had this radiant aura surrounding him. His smile was special. Something he had never seen before. His warm hand made him forgot how cold it was. It was contagious. The simple warmth of Junmyeon's hand spread throughout his body. "Chanyeol?" Junmyeon dropped Chanyeol's hand which made Chanyeol to snap out of his daydream. "Wh-What?" Chanyeol blinked two times. When Junmyeon dropped his hand, he felt the coldness again. What just happened??

 

"S-sorry. I was just thinking about something."


"Oh okay. Should we get going then?"


"Yeah, I think we should."

 

As the two were walking, Chanyeol noticed that Junmyeon was shaking a little bit. He took off his blazer and wrapped it around Junmyeon's shoulders. "Hey. What are you doing? You'll get cold you know." Junmyeon tried to take the blazer off but Chanyeol pressed his hand on his shoulder so Junmyeon wouldn't take it off. "It's okay. You look like you need it more than I do." Chanyeol reassured him. Chanyeol for the first time felt butterflies fluttering inside his stomach. It was new to him, he was scared but he felt like he wanted more of that feeling. Is this what people call love?

 

When they both reached Chanyeol's house, Junmyeon took off Chanyeol's blazer and gave it back to him. Chanyeol thanked him again for walking and accompanying him home. The two said goodbye to each other and Junmyeon walked away with his umbrella. Chanyeol never felt so ecstatic before in his life. He looked at his blazer and smelled it. It still had Junmyeon's aroma on it which made Chanyeol grin widely.

 


 

After that eventful day, Chanyeol invited Junmyeon over to have lunch with him and Baekhyun everyday if he wanted to, which Junmyeon happily accepted. Baekhyun would tease Chanyeol about Junmyeon while they eat which always end up to him having a kick in the shin under the table.

 

It was friday and school was dismissed. Chanyeol forgot to take out his shirt in his gym locker. When he went inside the boy's locker room there was no one there probably because it was the start of their weekend. He searched for his locker but saw someone changing shirts. The guy had clean milky white skin which was free of bruises or any kind of scars. It was Junmyeon. Chanyeol's face turned red upon seeing him. The latter felt a presence and that someone was looking at him. "Chanyeol?" Junmyeon asked, done dressing up with his shirt. Chanyeol panicked pretty quick and instead of saying that he forgot something in his locker, "I- I just wanted t-to give you back y-your pencil. You left it in the classroom.." Chanyeol stuttered and held out his hand in a fist and slowly opened it, showing what he was holding. "Um Chanyeol that's an eraser and also that's not mine." Junmyeon corrected him.

 

Chanyeol looked at the 'thing' in his hand and it was indeed an eraser and it was also his. Good job, stupid!!  "Oh.." he replied embarrassed. Junmyeon bursted out laughing. Chanyeol was fine being embarrassed because he made Junmyeon laugh.

 

"Hey, do you wanna go to the park tomorrow?" Chanyeol invited.

 

"Yeah sure." Junmyeon gladly accepted.

 

--

 

The two met up at the park and Chanyeol went near the flock of birds and took out something from his bag. It was bread. He tore it to pieces and held out his hand. The birds gathered around Chanyeol and ate the bread from his hand. Junmyeon smiled. It seemed like fun. Chanyeol noticed Junmyeon and gave him bread to feed the birds. He was scared at first but Chanyeol assisted him. He grabbed Junmyeon's handChanyeol's hand on his made his face turn red. Good thing I'm facing away from him.

 

The birds slowly approached Junmyeon. He was afraid that the birds would peck and strike on his hand but Chanyeol reassured him that they won't. This made Junmyeon feel more comfortable. The winged creatures timidly ate the little bread pieces from his pale hand. He was about to pull away but he didn't. He trusted Chanyeol. He made him feel safe.

 

The nice warm weather, the lively green grass, and the sound of water gushing out from a man-made fountain in the pond. 

 

The two sat near a tree on a hill in the park as they watched the sun set down. The sun gave off a beautiful red-orange glow that turned into a pink and purple color as it went down. Junmyeon was in awe because of the beautiful sight. He stared at Chanyeol whose face was being lighted by the sunset. He felt so warm and fuzzy near him. That 'view' made his heart beat fast. He was feeling gradually closer to the guy. It wasn't long until Chanyeol noticed the other's gaze.

 

"Is there something wrong? Do I have something in my face?" 
 

"No. Nothing." He answered, looking away.
 

"Why were you staring at me th-"
 

"Ugh! I want ice cream. Come on, let's go." Junmyeon got up and stretched his arms upwards.
 

"Oh okay. Race you there!" Chanyeol shouted as he ran off by himself.
 

"Hey, wait up!" Junmyeon pouted and quickly followed the latter.