I'm Sorry

I'm sorry

 

On a cold winter night, you told me you love me. 


On that night I also confessed my love for you. 


From then on we spent our days together like they were the last.


Our hands never leaving each other, those endless nights we spent talking to each other until we see daylight.


Those sweet messages,sweet kisses, our, our weird pet names to each other.


Those sweet and passionate moments still feel new to me even though it has been three years since you left me.

 


 

It was a fine spring day when Kai and Hanbyul decided to spend the day inside their cozy apartment. They were sitting on the couch watching tv when Kai decided to tease his girlfriend.

 

"Yeobo~ I'm hungry~!" Kai purred at his girlfriend giving her a back hug.

 

"Aigoo, hubby I'll cook for you then. How about kimchi spaghetti for lunch?" Hanbyul said pinching her boyfriends cheek who is hugging her from behind.

 

"Aniyo~ I want you for lunch~" Kai answered bitting Hanbyul's neck. She moans with his action making Kai crave for more. He turns her around to kiss her again, but he stops when he hanbyul pinches his cheeks.

 

"My hubby~ can't seem to wait."

 

"Yeobo~ I want you now and you can't stop me." And with that Kai carries Hanbyul on his shoulder not minding his girlfriends complaints. He brings her to their bed room and places her on top of the bed.

 

"Yeoboo~" Kai cooed while crawling on top of Hanbyul.

 

"Yes, hubby?" Hanbyul asks placing her arms around Kai's neck giving him a peck on the lips.

 

"I love you." Kai cooed giving her a kiss on the lips.

 

"I love you too, hubby~" She replies breaking from the kiss.

 

The sweet kisses turned into hot and steamy ones....

 

They stayed in the bed for hours.

 

~~~

 

"Aish! Yah! Hanbyul, will you stop stalling your ice cream is already melting!" Sehun screamed at Hanbyul taking her back to reality.

 

"Oh- aish! Mianhe, I was just lost in my thoughts again,I guess." She answers with a gloomy face.

 

"This is about him again, right?" Sehun said with a hint of pain in his voice.

 

"Wha-what. No of course not." Hanbyul said looking down to hide her face.

 

"Look, it has been 3 years, when will you stop? He won't come back again okay? Move on, go back to the old you. Please." Sehun said holding her hands.

 

"I-I dont know. I want to go home, please?" She looks at him with pleading eyes.

 

"Okay,I'll drive you home."

 

"No it's okay, I'll walk." She said letting go of Sehun's hand.

 

"But it's cold, you might get sick. And God knows what crazy stuff you would do when you're alone!" Sehun rants.

 

"I'll be fine. Don't worry, I just need to clear my mind and think about things." She said giving him a reassuring smile.

 

"Okay then, call me when you get home." He said and she nodded in response.

 

While she was walking at the park she decided to seat at a bench. Their bench. This bench is where they usually sit down.The bench where the first met. The bench where he they confessed their feelings for each other.

 

"Byul-ah... I-I want to break up." Kai said looking at Hanbyul with a straight face.

 

"W-what? Why, did I do something wrong? Did something happen? Can't we talk about it first?" Hanbyul said holding Kai's hand.

 

"I don't love you anymore!" He said shoving her aside.

 

"Can't you understand that I'm not happy with you anymore?!" He gave her an angry look, a face she never wished too see.

 

"Yeobo, we were fine the last time we met. Why- how can you say that all of the sudden?" She said trying to come near him.

 

"Don't touch or come near me, and don't call me 'yeobo' I'm not your yeobo anymore and I love someone else.... She is someone better than you." He said it with I straight face but she was sure she saw tears falling from his eyes. With that he left her alone in the park where they cherished used to cherish every moment of their life.

 

"Well, isn't that just nice, everything feels like the first day we met, the day where we confessed to the day... you left." Tears started to form. One final breath and she was no longer able to control her tears from falling. 

 

The rain started to pour but she couldn't care less and stayed in her fetus position on the park bench. She had her head tucked on her knees while crying her heart out, she wasn't bothered by how hard the rain was pouring. She didn't really care if people would see her as a crazy homeless person, she just wanted to be alone in her trail of thoughts.

 

Hanbyul didn't notice that Sehun was looking worriedly at her, having second thoughts on whether he would disrupt your time alone or come running to you with a warm hug.

 

Hanbyul fell asleep even though she was drenched from the rain, Sehun took the chance to pick her up from the bench and take her home.

 

 

~~~

 

"Hmmmm....." Hanbyul felt the sun on her face and soft mattress below her, and an arm around her waist. Hanbyul didn't mind what she is feeling thinking it was a dream back to the times when Kai and her would sleep in one bed and wake up each other in the morning with morning kisses.

 

The arm suddenly pulls her closer. her back facing the owner of the arm. "Byul-ah" She felt hot breath on her neck, something different-- when she turned around she came face to face with Sehun, her best friend. 

"Yah...Sehun-ah! What the hell are you doing inside my room?" She asked Sehun who still has a tight grip on her waist. 

 

"Byul-ah, I'm sorry..." Sehun said. Hanbyul saw tears falling from his eyes.

 

"Y-yah! What are you saying sorry for?" Hanbyul said panicking, seeing his best friend cry for the first time.

 

"Byul-ah... I'm sorry I shouldn't have kept it from you for this long. I'm sorry, I just couldn't find the strength to tell you everything. I thought you could just forget about him, it would've been easier if you did-- but I was wrong. The more I kept it from you the more you get torn apart. I'm really sorry." Sehun said as tears never seemed to stop from falling he hugged her even tighter. All Hanbyul could do was comfort him by hugging him back, for she was also confused why he kept on saying sorry, and what it is he had kept a secret for.

 

"Sehun-ah, what are you talking about?" She said wiping the tears off Sehun's face.

 

"D-do you really want to see him again?" Sehun said while reaching Byul's face and she only nodded in response.

 

"Tomorrow... we will come to see him. He had also been waiting for you for a long time." Sehun said caressing Byul's left cheek with his thumb.

 

~~~

 

Today is the day Hanbyul will finally meet him again, Kai her one true love. The person she cherished most.

 

"Here we are." Sehun said stepping out of his car. Hanbyul was confused, as to why are they in font of a private cemetery. She had millions of thoughts running through her mind like why would he want to meet in a place like this or is Sehun just went to the wrong place... but one thought bothered her the most.

 

Could it be? No! That would never happen! She thought-- but her thoughts proved her wrong, she is now standing in front of his tomb stone, with his name elegantly carved along with the date of his death. Indeed it was three years ago.

 

"Here he is. You have been waiting for each other for too long. I'm sorry, I should have told you earlier." Sehun said

 

Hanbyul Didn't know what to do or feel. She just collapsed and tears started falling-- she was no longer able to control her emotions, she felt pain on her chest. Memories flooding inside her head, it and keeps on rewinding to their first meeting, their love confession to the time they separated. Suddenly, Sehun took a velvet box containing a ring.

 

"He also wanted you to have this." Sehun said handing her a ring.

 

"He was supposed to propose to you on the day he said he wanted to break up. Remember when he said he had to go to their home town to settle things? He actually went to the doctor to have a check up hoping that his sickness would somehow lessen or probably vanish, but his was torn when the doctor informed him that it has gotten a lot worse. He only had a few months to live, and he thought that it would be better it you could just forget about him and move on. I'm sorry Byul, for keeping this from you for such a long time." Sehun said tears also falling from his eyes.

 

This sudden revelation only made Hanbyul's heart feel heavier. She heaved trying to breath. She only stared at the ring Sehun handed her that had something engraved on it.

 

Kai and Hanbyul, forever and always. 

 

"Why? I would've stayed by your side. I would still love you. I- I would still marry you. Till death do us part right?" Hanbyul said while touching the tombstone in front of her.

 

Sehun wiped his tears with the back of his hand and cleared his throat. "He didn't want to see you cry that day."

 

The rain started to pour. Hanbyul didn't care though, all she wanted was to be near him once again after 3 years. Eventhough she isn't with him physically anymore, it still felt nice being near him... 

 

Hanbyul felt something on her head as she reaches for it Sehun holds her shoulders. "Byul-ah, let's go you're going to get sick if we don't leave now, aish I can't believe I left the umbrella inside the car!" Sehun said sounding worried. Hanbyul felt weak and she just started to drag her feet out of the cemetery, with Sehun walking behind her.

 

When they were out of the premises Sehun immediately opened the car door for Hanbyul who was still dazed and emotionless, with tears streaming from her face. Hanbyul fell asleep during their way back home, she kept on mumbling Kai's name and words like 'I miss you' 'I love you' and 'Sorry' while tears falling from her eyes. Sehun had to carry her all the way to her apartment, not wanting to disturb her peaceful sleep, but she woke up the moment they were inside the her apartment.

 

"Byul-ah, do you want me to stay with you?" Sehun said , but Hanbyul just shook her head telling him he doesn't need to. "Byul, please talk to me... I'm really sorry I kept this from you. I know you hate me now but please at least talk to me... Please." Sehun said tearing up while holding her hands.

 

"Sehun-ah, I'm not mad. I know I should be, but you only did it so it wouldn't hurt so much right? You just thought it was best if I just forgot about everything, eventhough it just caused me to be more messed up, but hey... at least you told me about it." She said patting Sehun's shoulder. "I- I just want to be alone, I need some time to think.... Please." She added giving Sehun a pleading look, all Sehun could do was nod.

 

"O-oh, this came along with the ring... I'm sorry I almost forgot, I nearly messed up everything today I'm really sorry. I didn't read it I promise! Well, I'll be leaving now." Sehun said handing her a cream colored envelope.

 

After closing the door she went straight to their room and opened the letter. She tried to smile seeing his hardwriting.

 

To my dear Star,

         How long has it been since we met? Do you still remember our first meeting where you almost killed me with your pink umbrella because I acciedentally fell over it while playing with my kite in the park? We had a very unusal meeting right? On the next time we met again, in an ice cream parlour, I wanted to say sorry by buying you lunch but of course you just gave a deathly glare. If I wasn't persistent that day we wouldn't be where we are right now. We wouldn't be happy and inlove. The day I confessed to you,I was really nervous because I thought I would get dumped. My confidence went down in the dump, but I felt relieved when you said yes and also confessed your love for me. You don't know how happy I was, well I guess you got the hint when I screamed to the world you were mine. After that we spent everyday of our lives together as a happy couple. We would have crazy rants and have quarels, but hey! Ice cream and cake always solved everything. We never let our problems get hold of our relationship, we valued it so much with our love, but not always went according to plan.

              A month before our 3rd year anniversary, I was on my way home, when I started to feel dizzy and weak. When I got home you asked me if I was fine, I told you I was okay and I just wanted to rest. The night after I started to cough blood, I panicked but I didn't tell you. I went to the doctor and after the results came out the doctor said I had Pneumonia, my world started to shatter, the first thing that came in to mind was you. You were everything to me, we were supposed to live happily together and have a family of our own. grow old and see our children and grand children grow up to live their dreams. I prepared for a long time for our 3rd year anniversary. I wanted to propose to you, and get married eventually. I had a lot of faith that I would live longer, but I had to face reality. Do you remember when I started to get overly clingy back then? I just wanted to spend those days alone with you one last time. The time when I told you I had to go back home to settle things, I actually went to the doctor hoping that he would tell me I was getting better, but I was only told that it had gotten worse and only had a few months to live. That one week was my time to think about everything  and I came up with the most stupid plan... Hurting you. I'm sorry I had to lie. You know you are the only woman I would love for the rest of my life. I would never leave you for another woman, you will always have my heart. I thought it was the best plan to let you go, to let you live a better life without me being a pain to you. I don't want to see you crying and hurt because of how I look. I thought it would be better, but I was wrong, reality slapped me in the face, because I couldn't live without you, you are my everything. By this time I may not be alive anymore, I hope you are living your life well my love. Remember that  you will always be my one and only star.

Your yeobo,

Kim Jong In

 

After reading the letter Hanbyul collapsed on her bed crying her heart out. How could he?

 

"I'm sorry I wasn't beside you all this time. You should've have told me, I would still marry you through all of what is happening to you. I love you." She said hugging her knees. Suddenly she felt cold breeze hug her, telling her to calm down-- comforting her.

 

"Yeobo, is that you? Please... let me see you one last time. Please, I miss you" Hanbyul started to feel the wind comfort her even more, she lays down hugging Kai's pillow still crying.

 

"Please... make me feel your presence... Stay" She hugs the pillow tighter.

 

I love you. She hears a faint voice throught the blowing wind, that she felt was caressing her face. "I love you too." She anwers back to the wind as she slwoly drifts to sleep  she could still feel his presence comforting her through the night.

 

 


a/n:

Hellooo~ It's my first time writing a fanfic like this (~**)~

I hope you liked it~! ^^

 

~iambrielleiant