just a love... story

just a love... story

A small building was enlivened by some cute voice, half of them were sang a song together and the others played at the playground. Some boys ran with their little feet, tried to catch a kitten behind the big maple tree while the girls laughed cutely while saw the boys who still busy with the kitten. Then the bell rang loudly, as they walk back to the classroom immediately without any command. The teacher asked them to pick their lunchbox inside their bags, and then they ate their own foods quietly after they washed their hands. An hour passed quickly, the bell rang once again to give a sign that the lesson was over. The kids took their own bags and sang the school hymn before they leave the class. A little girl with a cute bunny backpack ran to a woman who stood few meters in front of her, she hugged that woman tightly as she stopped her little feet in front of  the woman she called umma.

“aigoo, my daughter... how’s your day?”

“that was fun, umma.. let’s go home now, I’m tired..”

“arasseo...”

That woman, choi sulli, the mother of lee cheonsa, a cute 5 years-old little girl. Although she’s a young mom, but she did her job as a mother very well. She’s been a good mom for cheonsa until now.  Everybody knew that sulli had through so many hard times before, got pregnant  and married at a young age then her husband died even before their baby was born. She lives her life by herself, taking care of her baby without her husband beside her.  Sulli really loves her cheonsa, just like her name, cheonsa is an angel for her. She’s the one who always makes her believe that her husband, lee taemin always stay around them and live inside their heart.

“umma can we go to meet appa right now?” asked cheonsa as she played with sulli’s fingers.

“do you want to visit him? Do you missed him?” asked sulli curiously.

“ne, umma.. I miss him soooo much...” said cheonsa while made a big round shape as a sign that she really missed her dad with her tiny hand.

Sulli kneeled to meet her daughter’s face and said, “let’s go visit him now. Kajja!”

 

***

 

“which flowers do you want to buy, cheonsa?” asked sulli while looked at cheonsa’s face curiously.

“igeo, the white one..” answered cheonsa as she grabbed a bunch of white roses from the wooden rack.

“okay. Let’s pay then...” said sulli.

Sulli took her purse inside the bag and gave some money to the florist. Cheonsa still busy with the roses, she couldn’t stop sniffing the scent and that made the florist ahjumma smile and pinched her chubby cheeks softly. well, cheonsa is truly everyone’s sweetheart.

“is she your daughter?” asked the ahjumma while cheonsa’s smooth hair.

“ne, ahjumma. Her name is cheonsa, lee cheonsa..” answered sulli with a wide smile on her face.

“aigoo, cheonsa.. she’s truly an angel just like her name..” said the ahjumma who still admired by cheonsa.

“kamsahamnida. Mianhae ahjumma, we have to go.. cheonsa say goodbye to ahjumma, please?” asked sulli.

“ne, umma. Bye ahjumma.. your flowers are beautiful. See you later..” said cheonsa while bowed her body 90 degree.

“aigoo, neomu kyeopta.. see you later, cheonsa..” answered the ahjumma with her wide smile.

Cheonsa waved her hand to the ahjumma then she held her mom’s hand tightly. Sulli directed her to walk toward taemin’s grave, cheonsa’s dad. As they arrived there, cheonsa put the flowers onto a gravestone with her dad’s name. well, cheonsa still didn’t understand what death is, but she really knew about lost someone we love the most. Sometimes she cried hard in the middle of the night, but cheonsa always giving a reason that she got a nightmare that made her afraid. Once again, as a good mother sulli really knew that she cried because she missed her father.

“appa annyeong...” said cheonsa while smiling widely, she stared at taemin’s photograph deeply.

“you missed your appa, don’t you? why you don’t tell him?” asked sulli curiously.

“appa jeongmal bogoshipoyo...” said cheonsa.

Sulli could only smile, she missed him too. For her, to know taemin was the best thing ever. Moreover could be united with him though with the wrong way.  But she has never once regret anything she had done with taemin. Even sulli wasn’t afraid when she knew that she carried his baby, sulli and taemin were really happy. When sulli’s parents scolded him all-out, it never make taemin give his love up. 

“oppa eottohke?” said sulli worriedly. “seriously, I don’t want to be a single parent for my baby. I need you, me and our baby need you. we need you oppa....”

“jagiya, I’ve told you before that I’ll marry you soon. Don’t worry. I need you too, you and our baby are my priority now..” said taemin softly.

“but how about umma and appa? I mean, it’s hard to make appa understand, right?”

 

Taemin sulli’s smooth hair softly. he grabbed her tiny palm and kissed it dearly. “I’ll handle it, and please trust me, ssul.. if we’re destined to keep together, I believe that God never let us apart. I love you, choi sulli..”

Taemin did anything to get a trust from sulli’s parents. He proved that he really loves sulli, he loves sulli from his deepest heart and he would took his responsibility of sulli and their baby. Until one day, her parents give in and allow him to marry their daughter. They had a simple and solemn wedding ceremony, eventhough they had no a big wedding party after the ceremony they still happy.  For taemin, marrying sulli had made him really happy. So does she, marrying taemin and having their baby is the best thing in the world.

“it’s happened, ssul.. it’s really happening. I’m your husband, and you’re my wife..” said taemin as he wrapped his arms around sulli’s waist.

Sulli draped her arms around taemin’s neck. She smiled at her beloved husband beautifully, she moved closer to his right ear, “saranghae, taemin oppa...” she whispered.

“nado saranghae, lee sulli...” whispered taemin as he kissed sulli’s pinky lips softly.

Well, that’s newlywed. Love is everywhere....

 

 

***

 

 

Sulli took a deep breath, the memory was played in her mind. A memory she wanted to delete the most. When taemin had to leave seoul to attend a company meeting in busan and like a sign, sulli felt so hard to let her husband go. She told her feeling to taemin and he just said that he would be fine.

“are you sure you’ll go to busan today, oppa?” asked sulli who still busy to prepared his lunchbox.

“ne, ssul...” answered taemin while sipped his tea.

“but i.. I don’t want you to go, oppa...” said sulli.

“aigoo, I just leave you for few days sulli-ah.. moreover there’s our baby who will accompany you, right aegi-yah?” said taemin as he hugged his wife from behind.

“but oppa...”

“ssstt, I’ll be fine. you don’t need to worry..”

“fine. but you have to promise that you’ll back soon, arasseo?”

“ne, umma.. take care, and you aegi-ya don’t bother your umma so much..” said taemin while sulli’s big tummy.

“ne, appa.. be careful, please call me as soon as you arrived there. Arasseo?” said sulli while holding her tears hardly.

“yes, mrs.lee aigoo, it’s 8am already. I got to go, ssul.. take care..” said taemin as he kissed sulli’s forehead softly.

Sulli stared his back until his shadow disappears behind the door. that presentiment was still spinning in her head, a presentiment that changed to be a fear of losing someone she loves the most. Sulli twisted the door handle then walked toward a wooden rack, she took some hanks with different colors.  Her mom taught her to make her own baby stuff by knitting the blanket, shoes, or sweater. Sulli put the boxes on the bed and with an effort, she took a comfortable sitting position.  A little bit hard for sulli to moving since her pregnancy was 7 months already. she took a pink hank immediately and started her knitting activity.

“look, aegi-yah.. I’m making a pair of shoes for you.  you have to be like it, right?” she muttered while smiling widely.

 

 

***

 

The hand of time was stopped at 5, sulli was anxiously waited for taemin. He should called her since the afternoon but when sulli checked her cellphone, there’s no incoming call from him. Suddenly her black cellphone on her hand rang, she pressed the green button quickly to answering the call. She really hope that it was taemin.

“yeoboseyo..”

“ne, yeoboseyo.. ssul, it’s umma. Can I stay at your house? taemin went to busan, right? You must be alone...”

“sure, umma.. whe you’ll arrive here?”

“maybe around half an hour. You’re home, right jagiya?”

“ne, umma. I’m home since this morning..”

“arra, wait me, okay? Annyeong...”

“ne, annyeong...”

Sulli sighed, she really worried about taemin’s condition. she tried to call him but there’s no answer. Maybe he was busy? Or he was sleeping? Or maybe his phone was low battery? Mollayo, but this situation was makes her more anxious.

 

DING...

 sound of the bell interrupted her reverie, she tried to up from his sitting position slowly then walked toward the door. she could saw her beloved yeoja then she rushed into her mom’s arms immediately.

“umma...”

“aigoo, jeongmal bogoshipo sulli-ah..”

“nado bogoshipo, umma.. how are you? how’s appa?”

“we’re fine. how about my grandchild?” asked her mom while her tummy.

“ aish umma, why you always asked about my baby? Your baby is me, umma..” she protested with her cute voice.

Her mom just smiled when she looks her daughter acting like a child. How could she jealous over her own baby? “that’s enough if I just asking about my grandchild, because if your baby is fine then you must be fine too. You’ll be a mother soon, ssul.. stop acting like a child..”

“I know, I know.. but I just want to be your beloved baby around you. well, come in umma.. the weather is getting cold..”

Sulli was sitting on the sofa while her big tummy. She couldn’t believe that the baby would coming two months ahead. She also couldn’t wait to taking care of her baby with taemin. It must be nice to be a young parents for their baby.

“you must be happy because your baby will coming here soon..”

“ne, umma.. she must be cute and this house will definitely crowded with crying and laugh. ah~ neomu johayo..”

“you know, ssul? Your appa bought a baby stroller yesterday, I’ve seen it and I really like it. maybe tomorrow the staff would send it here..”

“jinjjayo? Whoa jeongmal gomawo, umma.. aegi-yah, you get a gift from your halmeoni..”

Sulli and her mom continued their conversation between mom and daughter. They really couldn’t wait to meet the little angel who will colored their life later. Suddenly something stopped their conversation, sulli’s cellphone rang. Again, she was hoping that it was taemin.

“yeoboseyo?”

“yeoboseyo, annyeong haseyo are you lee taemin’s family?”

“ne, I’m his wife. what’s the matter?”

“we just want to inform you that mr.lee taemin got a plane accident this afternoon..”

“mwo? Are you kidding me? you’re lying, right? Taemin oppa is fine!”

“I’m sorry, mr.lee got an accident and he has gone..”

 

*CRASH*

 

Sulli instantly collapsed, her mom getting panic with her condition.  she grabbed the cellphone immediately, finally she knew that her son-in-law got an accident. She broke the phone line and then she took a bottle of alcohol to resuscitate her daughter. Then sulli slowly opened her eyes.  her mom hugged her and let her cried hard into her arms.

“tae..min.. op..pa...” she sobbed sadly.

“be strong, jagiya. Everything is alright, I’m here.. uljima, sulli-ah..”

“but taemin oppa... he can’t die! He should staying here! he can’t die, umma...”

“you must be strong, ssul..”

“andwae! Taemin oppa can’t die! I want him to accompany me when I’m giving birth, I want him to be the first namja who carried my child, I want to raise our child together.. my child need her appa! Why he have to leave me here now?”

“sulli-ah.. calm down..”

Sulli still cried into her mom’s arms. The fear became real, she lost taemin, she lost her beloved namja, she lost her baby’s father.  How could she continue her life without him? Even she never imagine that she would be a single parent for her baby.

“oppa eottohke?” she muttered sadly.

 

***

 

“now push, sulli-ah! I can see the baby’s head, you can do it!” said Victoria, a doctor and also sulli’s bestfriend. Sulli got a contraction last, night just two weeks after taemin’s funeral. according to the diagnosis sulli had to gave birth earlier because she’s stressed too much and it affected to the baby’s health.

“come on, ssul.. you can’t give up. Just slightly longer, you have to keep strong..” said her mom, still tried to encouraging her daughter.

“umma.. it’s..hurt..” she moaned between her heavy breath.

“you can do it, ssul.. come on, push hardly..” commanded Victoria, she also tried to encouraging sulli.

“i.. want.. i..want tae..min.. oppa.. ah..it’s hurt...” she moaned while tried to endure the pain, her face was wet with her sweat.

“listen to me, you’ll always feel the pain if you don’t do anything to make your baby out. Remember, sulli.. your baby need a life, you can’t be like this. I give you five minutes to take a quick rest but after that we have to continue the labor, arasseo?”

Sulli still tried hard to endure the pain, her mom also couldn’t stop to encouraging her. She really knew that it was the first experience for sulli, she needs someone to keep strong, to accompanied and conforted her during that process of betting life. Suddenly Victoria came back to the room, she gave a sign that the process should began now.

“you can do it, jagiya.. do it for taemin, he’s your baby’s father. He must be happy to see his baby born safely. You can’t give up, you have to keep strong, arasseo?” said her mom while wiped her sweat.

“come on, sulli-ah.. take a deep breath then push hardly. .” asked Victoria.

Sulli took a deep breath, with single breath she pushed the little human who still stuck on the birth canal.

“good job, ssul. Once again, you have to push once again. come-on, sulli-ah..” said Victoria.

“un..nie I’m... I’m tired.. it’s..hurt..” she moaned again, now she cried already.

“come on, jagiya.. just one more push..” said her mom softly.

She held her mom’s hand tightly, with a single breath and her residual strength she pushed hardly. “please come out, aegi-yah.. I’m tired.. I have no more strength..” she muttered slowly.

Baby’s cries echoed troughout the room after sulli slammed her tired body to the bed. dimly, she could see Victoria holding a small baby in her hand.  Sulli smiled in relief, the baby has born. Likewise her mom, she kissed sulli’s forehead then smiled widely.

“you did a good job, ssul.. your baby has born. Chukkae..” said her mom meanwhile sulli just replied with a smile.

Victoria came with a baby in her hand, she put the baby in sulli’s arm. She’s beautiful, her eyes is sulli’s and her nose and lips are from taemin.

“yeoja, she’s pretty like her mom. chukkae, ssul.. you did it well, didn’t you?” said Victoria happily.

“gomawo, unnie.. jeongmal gomawo. I’m sorry if I bothered you before..” said sulli while rubbing her baby’s cheek softly.

“that’s my job, ssul.. have you prepared about her name?” asked Victoria curiously.

Sulli thinking for awhile,she glanced her baby’s face carefully. She looked every curve of her baby’s face, she’s beautiful, pure, and bright. She looks like an angel from heaven. God has send a little angel to replaced taemin in her life. From her deepest heart, sulli promised that she would taking care and making her angel happy as long as she is able to do that.

“cheonsa, lee cheonsa...” said sulli happily. welcome to the world, lee cheonsa..

 

 

***

 

“what is it?” muttered sulli after she found a box between cheonsa’s clothes. She opened it carefully and there’s a photo album with an angel doll as the cover. She found the USG pictures, a testpack photo, then some photos of the baby stuff for cheonsa. On the last page, there’s an empty page with ‘my whole family’ as the title and also a letter from taemin.

 

Aegi-yah~

You know? I really can’t wait to meet you. I hope you’re a yeoja, you’ll be pretty like your mom and you can cuddling with me everytime. But if you’re a namja, I’ll be happy because you can be daddy’s partner and we can protect your umma together. let’s grow up, jagiya..

Saranghaeyo, jeongmal saranghaeyo~~

 

-taemin appa^^-

 

Sulli read his last sentence with tears on her cheeks. She had no idea if taemin secretly made this photo album devoted to his one and only baby daughter. Her heart was sad when looked at that ‘my whole family’ page, if the accident never happened, maybe it’s been filled by their family picture. But she had to accept the truth, with or without taemin her life must go on because she had a big responsibility, lee cheonsa.

“saranghae, cheonsa..” said sulli as she kissed cheonsa’s little nose dearly.

 

***

 

“umma waeyo? Gwenchanayo?” asked cheonsa curiously.

“huh? ne, gwenchana jagiya..”answered sulli softly.

“umma uljima...” said cheonsa as she saw sulli’s swollen eyes, her tiny hand wiped the tears on sulli’s cheeks.

Sulli just smiled to saw what cheonsa just did. She’s really sweet and polite, she’s everyone’s sweetheart. She’s truly daddy’s daughter, she got taemin’s personality. Sulli stretched out her arms and let cheonsa hugged her tightly

“haengboke yo, cheonsa?”

“ne, umma. Let’s go home now, kajja!”

“don’t you want to say goodbye to appa?”

“aigoo, I almost forget. Jeongmal mianhae, appa.. we’ll be back soon. Annyeong..”

Cheonsa took her mother’s arm, they walked together with smile on their face. it was enough to makes sulli’s life full of happiness with cheonse beside her. At last, sulli had found back the light that disappeared after taemin gone.

For sulli,

 

 

God is always fair,

when we lost something, He would give us the replacement.

 When our life started to be gloom, He would put a light around.

When our tears rolled down, He would lend His hand to wiped it.

When we had no grip, He would hold us tightly.

Sulli had got it all, she has cheonsa as taemin’s replacement.

Her life now is brighter than before.

She has so many people around her who always wipes her tears and hold her tight.

And,

Being happy isn’t always about having a smooth and complete life.

Though her life is incomplete, but however its full of happiness, right?

Because happiness couldn’t comes by itself,

But we have to drag it into our life, and see?

Happiness is everywhere,

And everytime....

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 “umma pegopa yo...” she whined cutely.

“aigoo, my princess is hungry? Wait a minute, I’ll prepare some foods for you..” answered sulli as she kissed cheonsa’s cheek softly.

 

DING...

 

The bell rang loudly, cheonsa ran toward the door after she asked her mom’s permition to opened the door. “let me open the door, umma..” yelled cheonsa.

“ne..” answered sulli from the kitchen. After she had finished with the foods, she followed cheonsa. But suddenly her step stopped as she saw a namja in front of her, he stood with his wide smile while carried cheonsa. Her heart beated fastly, she couldn’t hidden her feeling after meet that guy she loves the most. She feels like fall in love for the second time, her feeling just like when they meet each other for the first time.

It was him, it was really him.

 

 

 

“taemin oppa....” she said softly.