Wars Within

Wars Within

Wars Within 

 

 

 

What is self-hate?

 

 

When you hate yourself, there aren’t any amount of ...

 

“No, You’re pretty”

 

“Don’t do it”

 

“Your parents love you”

 

“There are people who cares”

 

“I’m here for you”

 

 

Can snap you out of this feeling, because when you come down to this, they all feels like lies. 

 

Then you don’t know who to trust or who to turns to. 

 

That’s how hate feels like. 

 

 

Why does people who are ‘sad’ doesn’t want to be confronted or even tell other people about their feeling? 

 

There are things that you have to acknowledge about this kind of people, my kind of people. 

 

I m supremely sad. I ‘m beyond the word sad. 

There are soo many reasons as to why i m sad, yet none at all that i can tell people about. 

 

I wanted to tell anyone, anyone at all about this sadness that i’am feeling, yet the people around me doesn’t give any slight of chance that they would understand me, to see my point of view. 

 

“You’re nonsense”

 

“It was just a phase, she’ll get over it”

 

“Just let her, she’ll come find us when she’s done sulking”

 

“Stop making faces, i feel like throwing things at you”

 

“I know how you feel, but let loose okay?”

 

 

 

With this amount of saying, would it be right for me to pour my heart out?

 

Would it be right for me to let people come into my life, pretending that they understand me?

 

Would it be right for me to let them confront me about things that they never know about? 

 

 

I don’t think it’s right for them to do so. 

 

I don’t think it’s right for them to judge me so quickly. 

 

I don’t think it’s right for them to say words that they never really meant. 

 

I don’t think it’s right for them to give me hope and only to left me hanging on a thread. 

 

I don’t think it’s right. 

 

 

I don’t want them... The world to see me, cause i know they wouldn’t understand. Let me tell you, there are things in life that are made to be broken, and maybe... Just maybe, i m one of those things. 

 

 

When does this ‘sadness’ ends? 

 

 

From the heart of an extremely sad person, although it’s painful to admit this but....

 

There is no end to this feeling, it ends YOU. Not the other way around. 

 

When you were a kid, i m sure there are plenty of you get this thought of having monsters under the bed. How terrifying it is, till you have to ask your parents to go and check it out for you. 

 

When you were a teenagers, life was a big scary monster to you. Things didn’t go on your way , because it feels like your parents, teachers and peers are screwing your life and left you with resentment anger within. 

 

When you’re an adult, monsters are your job, your financial status and your marital problems. They are monsters that have been a jerk to your life and they make fun of you from each and every corner of your brain. 

 

In your entire stages of life, you fought with every monsters you encounter. Everything seems depressing isn’t? 

 

My monster is me. It is soo close and i can’t even pushes it away. It’s in my brain, it’s in my heart.... It attaches itself in my soul. 

 

I fought this since i was a kid, up until now.. Do you have any idea on how tiring it is? 

 

 

Does it gets worst? 

 

 

To be honest, it never gets easier. You get better at it. 

 

Better at managing it. 

 

Better at channeling it. 

 

Better at hiding it. 

 

 

What depression feels like?

 

I ponder when i stumble upon this question. It’s difficult to describe it in words. 

The best way to say how it feels like, is...

 

It feels like i m drowning. 

 

 

People can save you when you drown, as long as you shout for help. 

 

 

Depression feels like you’re drowning, except you can see people around you breathing. 

 

How can you shout for help?

 

When on the outside you’re freely breathing like them?

 

There are no point of asking people’s help when you are appears perfectly fine. 

 

 

Correct me if i’m wrong, but it seems like you’re trying to defy every positive things that i wanted you to see. 

 

 

 Pardon for my seemingly-defying attitude. I’m not trying to do such things. I’m being realistic. 

 

People said when i talk it out of my problems, i would feel so much better, and starts thinking of the bright side of the situation. 

 

I have been doing that numerous times, and it doesn’t change anything. 

 

 

Keep doing it, don’t give up.   

   

 

I’m talking to you about it, aren’t i? 

 

It occurs to me that i always stumbles upon the wrong people or the wrong crowd to talk to about this. 

 

 

 

You’re saying that i’m one of them? And pardon for my harsh word, but why are you still here? 

 

Yes, and why?

 

It’s easy. 

 

I know i won’t be able to find any ‘right’ person to talk to in the mean time. The chances are too... Thin. 

 

I’m merely entertaining people who ‘seems’ they are worried about me. 

 

Negativity is a strong word, i know that. I’m not trying to be negative. Really, i m not. But, Doctor, have you ever look at the sky when you feel sad, in hoping that you tears won’t fall from your eyes?

 

 

Yes, why? 

 

My dad used to tell me to look up the sky when i felt like crying. You know, to keep my head up to stop the tears. 

 

Guess what, every night. I counted stars. 

 

I look and i look. It never stops. 

 

The sadness and the tears. 

 

It keeps overflowing within me. 

 

Each and everyday, i feel like pieces of me dying slowly. 

 

 

Dying? Have you ever feel of committing anything? 

 

Suicide you mean?

 

Yes?

 

Doc, have you ever ask yourself, why people kill themself? 

 

Because they want to. Because they can’t take the hit in whatever problems that they are facing. 

 

People kill themself because it was too painful. 

 

They didn’t want to. But the immense of unhappiness and pain is too much for one could handle. 

 

They wanted to stop the pain. 

 

Nobody in their state of mind wants to end their life because of some petty problem. 

 

And to answer your question, no. 

 

I never thought of killing myself. 

 

Do you want to hear a story Doc?

 

 

A story? About?

 

Yes, a story about a little girl. I found her a long time ago. I didn’t know who she was. It was a girl in the mirror. 

 

In the mirror? 

 

Sometimes i think i know her, and sometime i wish i did. There’s a story in her eyes, lullabies and goodbyes. When she’s looking back at me, i can tell. She’s hurting inside. 

 

What are you trying to say? 

 

In my entire life i wanted only one thing. 

 

That is? 

 

*********************************************************************************

 

The sounds of the buzzer went off cutting off their conversation. The younger girl stood up. Dusting off anything from her pencil skirt. She straighten up her blazer and tuck it neatly. 

 

The lean older woman’s face scrunches, not wanting their conversation to end. 

 

“My time is up Doc” her sweet voice echoed in the empty room. 

 

“We’re going to see each other again, next week right?” 

 

The younger girl lets out a chuckle “Ah, that might probably a problem” 

 

“Why?”

 

“Well, i’ll be having my world tour soon. I think i’m going to start doing the rehearsal next week”

 

The young doctor slump her shoulder in disappointment.

 

The younger girl smiles a little, not really meeting her eyes “You look disappointed. I’m sorry i couldn’t entertain you any longer” 

 

The young doctor dismiss it immediately “No, don’t say such words” 

 

The letter nodded “Till we meet again” 

 

As she walk towards the door, the young doctor halts her once again. 

 

“Can you tell me, Miss Joohyun. What is the thing that you wanted the most?”

 

The lady named Joohyun smiles, tilting her head slightly, looking back at the doctor. 

 

“For someone to walk at me, and tell me “You’re unhappy, tell me what’s wrong”, whilst at that time, i was smiling at the crowd.” 

 

The young doctor lock her gaze upon the raising star in front of her. She took a few steps closer. 

 

“I want to make you feel happy” determination laced in her voice. 

 

Joohyun tilt her head with the smile on her face “I am never truly happy. Some days, i’m just a little less sad than others. I hope you will find other people who deserve the happiness that you can give Miss YoonA.” 

 

With the final last words, Joohyun walks out leaving the doctor dumbfounded. 

 

That was the story of an upraising idol, named Seo Joohyun. Behind those perfect appearance, buried deep unhappiness within her. 

 

 

*****

 

Depression are not something that you can take lightly of. It buries a lot of things that one might probably won’t be able to understand. 

 

For me this is a serious matter. We don’t get to judge people. 

 

It might look harmless at first, it might look like one has just problem with adjusting his/her feeling. 

It’s more than meets the eye. 

We don’t know what’s going on with ones mind. 

 

I appreciate it if you could take a second to look at everyone around you, be it your friends or families. They don’t stood out. But they’re there. Waiting for you to look through their eyes and says that you knew and show them that they are worth of something. It might take a while to convince them, but when it does, it would mean the world to them. 

 

I know how it feels, because i’m one of them. This piece is important to me, as i read through every stories and quotes that i found in the net (credit to all of them), and a lil bit of my own words. I hope it would somehow open up your eyes to see things that you might missed somehow. Thank you for spending time to read this. 

 

This is also a snippet of story that i’ve been working on lately. 

 

 

Yours truly

 

BedOfNails

(this somehow relates to how i got my username :) )