Final. One Shot.

We Are One.

Staring at his reflection on the grand mirror, Lay nervously fixed his tight-fitting attire with his trembling hands. Cold sweats cascaded down his handsome face as he struggled to force a weak smile. He blinked a couple of times and hit himself lightly as an attempt to relieve his stress. The fear within him was clearly manifested on his face, and it was undoubtedly erupted from the nervousness of being back on stage again after three long years of hiatus. “Hyung, will everything be okay?...” Lay finally blurted out his worries; his tone was slightly accompanied with fear and uncertainty. Flashing a mesmerizing smile, Suho nodded enthusiastically as he placed his arm over Lay’s shoulder, trying to reassure the younger one that everything would turn out perfectly fine. Yet, Suho’s bright smile failed to hide the fear within him; Suho was equally nervous as the other members. Well, no one could blame them for their apprehensiveness. Though EXO was known for being the legendary group in the kpop industry, they could not help but to feel nervous for their recent comeback, since there was a three year gap between their current comeback and the last comeback they had. The high expectations from SM Entertainment, the uncertain reactions from fans, and the strong remarks from critics, all these were enough to make EXO crazy over their comeback. Most importantly, EXO was most concerned with the reactions from their fans. Ever since the sasaeng uproar three years back, EXO had been banned by SM Entertainment to participate in any forms of activities. According to SM Entertainment, it was an attempt to clear up all the demented sasaeng actions, and at the same time, these three years would serve a good time for EXO to practice their skills. Afterall, their sudden rising popularity was too much for a rookie group that had only debuted for a year. Since they had been having such a long hiatus, EXO was worried over their plummeting popularity. They were afraid that their fans would leave them for other rising groups. They were afraid that their dances did not appeal to their fans anymore. They were afraid that they would not pull out a wonderful performance and impress their fans. They were afraid of everything…

 

Hiding behind the red curtains was a huge crowd of EXO fans who were silently and patiently waiting for their beloved idols to appear right in front of their eyes, performing their favorite songs and dedicating their truest love to them. It had been three long years, and the fans had never left EXO. Never once had they thought of leaving too. Though the wait was certainly unbearable and torturous for them, all EXO fans were true to their idols and they believed that one day, they would able to see their favorite idols performing on this gargantuan stage again. EXO did not disappoint any of their fans, they did have their comeback as soon as time permitted. For the past three years, EXO had never slackened once, they were all diligently practicing their fortes. Finally, the day arrived. The day when EXO could finally meet their pillar of support, their love, their heroes. The day when EXO fans would no longer have to pray for EXO comeback. The day when EXO fans and EXO reunited.

 

The red curtains slowly parted. What appeared right in front of thousands of excited fans was a pack of twelve perfect wolves. They were standing straight in rows, with their head hung low. Though the lightening was dim, fans could clearly identify that the twelve silhouettes were undoubtedly belonged to their beloved idols. They just knew it. After being fans of EXO for more than five years, EXO fans could easily identify the coughing sounds of each member, let alone the figures of the members. EXO stood silently on the stage, waiting for the music to start the cue. The nervousness within them was slowly engulfing them, yet they maintained their professionalism and kept their composure. A part of them was dying to turn around and look at the audience seats, they were dying to know if the theatre was filled with their fans, since they could not hear a single sound that was leaked out by their fans. EXO felt weird, for the past few years of their comebacks, EXO fans had always been overzealous and crazy during their stage performances. Even before EXO started performing, loud shrieks and united fanchants would fill the entire hall with the enthusiasm from fans. Yet, today had been exceptionally quiet, there was no fanchant, no shouting, no clapping. Finally, the music erupted and jolted EXO back to reality. Every single member spun around, all in ready positions for their dances. The moment EXO turned their faces to greet the audience, thunderous applause engulfed the entire theatre. Loud shrieks and repeated clapping bombarded EXO, as though the loud noise was a sign of recognition of their still-amazingly-high popularity. EXO smiled at the fans as a huge wave of warmth surged through them. After so long, after all these uproars, after all these fears, EXO fans and EXO were still as united as before, still welded in a strong bond, still loving each other. Like EXO’s famous slogan, We Are One, and we would always be as one.