Destiny

Destiny

It wasn’t often Taeyang got to go to church but just to be in church. Recently he was constantly working or busy helping his juniors at YG entertainment. He was looking forward to going and being closer to god. He knew he had been given a lot but he still wanted to ask God for another thing. God had blessed him with an amazing voice and amazing dancing. But he wanted to meet his soul mate. He was loved by millions of people and had four of his closest friends on his side at all times. But he didn’t have that true love. The love he often sung about. The ride or die girl. The kind of love that meant he lost all sanity. He wasn’t picky. He wanted a girl who was a Christian, and not into all the drama that came with him being a Kpop star. He didn’t want a girl who loved being in the limelight. Someone who wanted to spend time with just him.

 

Naya loved Church. She only really went when it was empty. Since moving to Korea church had become her home. She was alone in Korea and not being Korean meant that at times she stuck out like a sore thumb. Church meant getting closer to everything she had been around growing up. She rarely asked God for anything but recently she really wanted a boyfriend. She wasn’t picky either. She wanted a good Christian man. She had been raised in the church and even though she had dated non-Christians in the past she struggled to solve her problems with them. Sometimes their values just clashed. She wanted the kind of love her mother and father had. And they had always told her they only went as string because of the church.

 

“I’m sorry am interrupting you?”

 

The voice scared her out of her thoughts. She was sure she would be the only one here today. She looked at the person who spoke. She recognised him but she didn’t know where from. Looking closer she realised it was Big Bang’s Taeyang. She liked his music and had quite a few friends who swore that they were in love with him but she respected him more on a music level. She didn’t understand how some fans operated. Sasaeng fans seemed determined to make their favourite bands life hell. And that didn’t seem like love to her.

 

“No” she replied turning to face him properly. “Can I help you?”

 

“Do you know where Pastor Gordon is?”

 

“He just stepped out for a moment” “Can I help you with anything?”

 

Naya motioned to the pew. Taeyang seemed to struggle with what to do.

 

“I don’t think I should trouble you with this” he muttered finally taking a seat next to her.

 

“There is no trouble”

 

The pair spoke for what felt like a lifetime. Taeyang was shocked at how much he had in common. He had never connected with anyone as quickly as he had with her.

 

“Ah Young-bae I’m sorry I made you wait” Pastor Gordon interrupts.

 

“It’s okay I was just talking to” Taeyang starts trying to hide the annoyance at the interruption. “I never got your name”

 

“I see you met Naya” Pastor Gordon provided. “I’ll leave you to finish your conversation. I’ll be in the Vestry”

 

The pair watch as the Pastor walks off before turning back to each other.

 

“Can I get your number?” Taeyang asks standing up.

 

“No” Naya replies

 

Taeyang cannot hide the shock that comes to his face, inciting a laugh from Naya.

 

“Do you believe in Destiny?” Naya pondered. “I do. If we are meant to meet again we will.

 

2 weeks later

 

Naya was seriously beginning to regret not giving him her number. She had gone church as normal ever since in the hope of meeting him again. She couldn’t stop the butterflies that came to her belly every time she thought of him. She couldn’t believe how connected to him she felt after only meeting him once. When they spoke it was as if she really knew him. Their conversation only lasted about an hour or two but it was as if they had known each other their whole life.

 

Taeyang missed her and didn’t understand why. How was it possible to miss someone you had only met once? Taeyang hadn’t had a chance to go back to church since. He had been busy at YG entertainment. He was starting to think it wasn’t in their destinies to meet again.

He walked towards the coffee shop. He had managed to slip away for five minutes. He had come to a small coffee shop owned by people who didn’t care that he was a Kpop star. And it was so tucked away that people hardly ever came here. He had been meaning to ask them how they managed to stay in business.

 

Taeyang was shocked to see someone else sitting at the table tucked away in the corner that he normally sat at. After ordering his coffee he felt the overwhelming urge to sit with the lone stranger. As he rounded the table he realised why.

 

“Naya?” He began. “I guess we were meant to meet again”