Signature

After the rain

The back door turned out to be a rather good solution as I was able to make my way there without waiting or bumping into random people. I was about to walk out when I heard a tranquil laughter from the hallway on my left hand side. I looked what was going on and saw the piano girl talking to an older lady.

  "Thank you so much for coming today and saving us again, Gyuri," the lady said.

  "It was a pleasure" the girl answered. "Besides, it's not like I did it for free."

  This sentence startled me. The girl's voice wasn't sweet anymore when she was talking to the lady. It was proud, almost... arrogant? She did this just because of money? I felt betrayed.

  "Exactly," the lady said. She took out an envelope and handed it over. The girl opened it and then gave the lady a little smile.

  "Is my car ready?" she asked.

  "Of course", the lady said. "I hope you’re still pleased with the driver.

  "Oh yes", the girl answered. "He is fine. Once he started to talk to me suddenly, but it's okay. I think it's nice to every now and then give him a chance to talk to someone like me."

  "Certainly! This way please", the lady said and started walking towards the door next to which I was standing. I was about to hide but it was too late. They both saw me.

  "And who exactly are you?" the lady asked as they reached the spot I was standing at. I was nervous because the girl was standing right next to me. Even when she was arrogant, she was still stunningly pretty. I ended up blurting out the first excuse that popped it my mind. "I'm a fan of miss... Gyuri." I hesitated a bit before the name, but fortunately it seemed like I had memorized it correctly.

  "Of course", the girl said. She smiled. "You want my autograph, right?"

  I nodded automatically. She looked at me like she was waiting for something. Thoughts slowly clicked in my head.

  "Oh... Yes..." I mumbled. I started to go through my pockets and found an old pen. The first paper that hit my hand was a crumbled receipt. The girl took them with a weird expression on her pretty face.

  "Who should I dedicate this for?" she asked. The tone of her voice had changed back to sweet and lovely.

  "Hyu-Hyukjae", I stuttered. "Lee Hyukjae."

  She took her time writing a beautiful signature. I couldn’t do anything but stare her.

  “Here you go”, she said handing the receipt back to me. “It was a pleasure to meet you”, she paused for a moment, ”Lee Hyukjae”, she finished with my name silently, bowed and walked out. The lady closed the car door behind her. The driver started the engine and drove away.

  I went to the opposite direction. I went home.

 

  With shaking cold hands, I opened the door of my little apartment. I threw my coat on top of the boxes next to door. I was about to move out. I’d have to live in the basement of my gallery since my incomes weren’t enough to support both places. Gallery included my life. The little that was left from it. That’s why I decided to keep it.

  The only important things for me were in the gallery. Like my favorite piece. The only successful one if you ask me. The last one I had been able to complete. It was a painting with light red, pinkish  rose. I had made it for Hara less than two years ago as a portrait of her. It was perfect, just like she had been. If only we would have had the chance to have a future together. So it was proven: you can’t predict a humane heart. It was her right to choose and I hadn’t been the right one for her. Even though I loved her it was still hard to accept that she had left with another man. That she had left me here all alone, suffering from loneliness with my irrelevant life. For a whole year I had been searching for a reason to continue on. Something that I could hold onto and strangle tightly. I had failed.

  I laid on my bed staring at the ceiling. It was high above me.


  I fell asleep with the signature tightly inside my palm.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

second one done :D:D

thanks for reading, I'm workig hard, sorry for mistakes, spelling errors etc.

luv you <3