Chapter 7

Intertwined

She eyed me up and down. "You are dating Kris?! What a joke!" Eh?

"No no! She is the girl's friend! Not his girlfriend!" The blonde voiced out. Wow, her voice is really, really annoying.

I looked at Katherine, not sure of what I should say as she glared fiercely at me.

"So, who's that friend of yours?" She took a step closer to me. Due to her tall figure, she was towering over me. Her heels click loudly on the marble floor in the hall. Students stared as her voice boomed across the hall. I dare not speak. Knowing her, she may just go up to Jenn and cause a scene, and I wouldn't want that to happen.

"Speak you idiot!" Her voice screeched with annoyance.

"Uh.. I-it's reall-ly none o-of your b-business." I stuttered. Argh! I don't get why I'm stuttering. She's just the cocky ice princess who was once a cute and kindhearted little girl. I seriously should just man up whenever I'm around her.

"Well that isn't the way to talk to me, missy!" She sneered as noticed a tall and lean figure walking down the hall. Gasps and awes could be heard loudly around the hall. "Now tell m-" 

"What are you doing?" His voice loud and clear, completely cutting off Katherine. Her eyes widen and her cheeks flushed bright red. I was stunted at his appearance as I thought of the almost kissed incident and my horrible nightmare. Seriously, I have to forget all about it. Forget everything, his mesmerising eyes, his plump lips, his touch... So delicate and smooth. So electrifying- Oh my gosh, stop it Anna!

"K-Kris."

"What's going on here?" He questioned. Students started to surround us with confused expressions. It was clear that they wanted entertainment from us, waiting for us to make an interesting scene and making me feel uncomfortable.

"Oh nothing. We were just catching up." She said as soon as she felt comfortable. She just love being in the spotlight though this is something that really isn't supposed to be proud of. She clung onto his left arm and tiptoed to kiss his cheek. Just as her lips brushed against his cheek. He grabbed her hand and yanked it off of his arm, letting her lips leaving his delicate skin, causing her to stumble back slightly. She was shocked. Holding onto her hand in fury, she asked "Is it true?"

Raising an eyebrow, he answered "about?"

"You, Kris, dating." She said, careful with her words.

I felt nervous as to what Kris would say. Does he ever realise that this girl beside him is head over heels for him. She could simply do anything to make him hers, though she never succeeded. Truly, she have many other guys swooning over her y and hot charms, but I guess not Kris. Maybe that's what make her more eager to get his attention. Let me introduce you more about Katherine, altighty?

Katherine.

The school queen bee. Smart, intelligent, pretty, tall and she has the type of body that every girls dream to have and every boys drooling over the sight of it. She has got everything. Character, image, money and all. But there's one thing that she's still lack of. Her attitude can certainly be referred to the so called 'female dog'. She could only be nice when there are boys around her. She's always flirty with all the guys in this school, and maybe those outside too. Although she wanted Kris, rumour has it that she had slept with countless of boys in her lair, a.k.a her house. She's currently living alone in the house her parents gave her as her sweet 16th birthday present. Dramatic, I know.

Want to know why I know so much about her? Well, as weird as it seems, she was once my best of friend. When we were in kindergarten, she was the first to approach me.

Not to mention, she was a really, really nice girl. With her two buns on her head, she bounces up and down as she greeted me. A wide smile spreaded across her oval shaped face. Her skin was glowing milky white. I remembered she was wearing a flower plated dress with laces hanging onto it. It was beautiful. She wore her beige coloured ballet flats. She asked if she could be my friend as she saw sitting all alone at the corner while all the other kids were having fun socialising. It was then, I finally had my first friend. We always stick together where ever we go, even to the toilet. She was fun and caring, and always helping me in many aspects. Dancing was what she love most, even till now. Her steps were always so graceful like a swan. She started with ballet and now jazz. I adore that skill of hers. It was during grade two when she suddenly changed and associated with the popular kids in school. She didn't talk to me much after being bestie with them. And slowly, she became someone that I don't recognise anymore. Hatred was what she felt towards me after sometime. I never understand why though but I'm guessing it's the popular kids' doing. Brainwashed. Yep, definitely brainwashed.

Her attitude changed, her hairstyle dyed dark brown, colour contacts were up, her sense in fashion, too, changed. She started to wear clothings that show more skin that the fabric. Needless to say, the way she walked has also went to another level. Always walking with her hips swaying side to side. Her face full of cosmetic products. Same goes to her hair. She had turn into a y brunette. As she stand before me now, I eyed her from head to toe. She was wearing a hot pink spaghetti strapped top. The top has a very low cutting, revealing her cleavage more than ever. Her black high waist skirt fitted tightly on her, enhancing her curves. The skirt was short, just enough to cover up her , showing off her long milky legs. To top it off, she wore her silver pumps and held her prada clutch. I could see that all of it was extremely pricey. I took another good look at her and realised something. I was wrong. She wasn't y at all. Well, to the guys, she definitely is y, but to me, wearing those clothings to show more of her skin is not y at all. Cheap. I would say.

"None of your business, Kathy." Kris answered after a long silence, snapping me out of my trance.

"Kris. I thought we were good. What happened?" She asked. Forgotten to tell you this, Katherine had finally gotten the chance to befriend him and his friend, and she never really left their side.

Kris gave her a look "Well guess what? I do have a girlfriend."

"You cheated on me???!!! Why didn't you tell me?"  She demanded as she clenched her fist tightly. Is she dumb or something?

"Sorry, but I don't recall dating a girl like you. And of course I wouldn't tell you, I don't want my girl to get bullied." He shrugged.

Now this. THIS. Caught her off guard. She was taken aback by what he had said. He's practically calling her a and a bully. I saw anger burn in Katherine's eyes. She was furious but Kris seemed to be not surprised. I could sense an arguement coming along the way. Not wanting to be in the way, I quickly grabbed my books, slam my locker shut and squirmed away. I heard my name being called but I dare not look back at the two. Who knows what will happen. All I got to do now is find Jenn. Walking through the halls, I couldn't find her and she wasn't in the cafeteria. Plus, she wasn't picking up her phone. Where on earth is she. Taking a left turn, I entered my class and immediately spotted my bestie seated at the very far end of the class. Why didn't I thought of that? I was relieved to see her there. But why was she sitting so far away? We normally sat in the second row.

Her head was down as I approached her.

"Jenn! There you are!" I called out. She slowly lifted her face up. Horror strike through me as I saw her tear stricken face. I ran straight to her and noticed something else. Bruise. Her right cheek was bruised badly as her right hand touched it. I was indeed shocked. She was trembling. Hard. Her other hand reached for mine as she started to cry. 

"It w-was h-her! I-I shouldn't h-have-and-d-" she stuttered incoherently. I pulled her into my arms as she bawled her eyes out on my shoulder.

"Shhhhh... It's okay. Don't worry, I'm here." I hushed her. I knew immediately it must be one of Cassandra's job. Cassandra is one of Katherine's follower. It's funny how Cassandra always got the latest news earlier than Katherine. Every time when such things happened, Cassy would always call up the rest of the gang to attack the target without Katherine knowing. Now I feel bad. Why didn't I think of it. I should have known that such things would happen when I heard those chattering about Kris's girlfriend. I slowly rubbed my hand on her back as her head was on my shoulders. She was shaking violently as she kept on crying. My shirt was now wet from all the crying, but I don't mind cause right now, I wonder. Who was the one who spilled all the Infos to the entire student bodies? And how did he or she find out? It couldn't be Kris right. He did say that he didn't want his girl to get bullied. So who?

"Jenn?" A voice called out behind me. I turned and saw him staring at us with a questioning look. No way it's him.

--------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of update and I don't really have an excuse... And I know this chapter is kind of short. So, SORRY!!!

Oh and I guess I couldn't include Onew in this chapter but maybe I will in some other chapter. You know, like a special appearance. I found out that I've been doing tons of introductions of each character. Is it okay with you guys? Cause I kind of wanted you guys to understand better about them. Anyways, tell me what do you think of the story so far, okay? :)

By the way, anyone watched Heirs? I love it sooooo much!!!

Please do comment, subscribe and support me. ^^ love ya!!! <3