Wings

Wings

Wings

 

Soaring above the skies, unattainable. The wind is cool and gentle, the draft sweeping through soft velvet. A slight touch, a turn, and gravity is a game. A toy that is a brush of death, softly like a feather...

 

Bolting right out of bed, Kyungsoo's heartbeat is racing, and his forehead is sticky with swear. It's the same dream. The same one that haunts him. Switching on the night lamp beside his table he sighs. An internal war raged in him. One of it was purely instinctual, and one he couldn't fight. His fingers fumble for the hem if his shirt and he tugs it over his shoulders. For awhile, Kyungsoo relaxes, his tense shoulders relaxing as the tension drains. But it doesn't last, and Kyungsoo know he needs to sleep, so hw turns to pick up the fallen shirt, and in the dim light, white feathers can be made out.

 

It taunts him in the face, those wings. His eyes take over the ivory feathers, soft to touch. His brown eyes glimmer in the darkness, deep chocolate as his body stiffens. It has been too long. Slowly, he flicks his wrists and his wings explode, spanning two metres, four metres if measured wing tip to wing tip. They were like angel wings, white and pure.

 

A freak of human nature.

 

An abomination. That was what he was. A monster. First came the reading of thoughts when he looked into people's eyes eyes, then the way the trees and earth protected him in the massive earthquake  it had drowned his parents, who had resented his wings. A cure, or something to remove those wings. He had no idea why he had wings or powers that kept him alive. It didn't matter anyway. Humanity is dead. They care for only perfection, and he was too far from it. Not the perfect son, not the perfect scorer, not the perfect Do. He was nothing but a bug-eyed circus freak.

 

Kyungsoo slips on his shirt wordlessly and shuts his eyes tight as he snuggles under the covers. Maybe if he prayed enough, he could pretend,he didn't have wings. Something wet was touching his cheek and Kyungsoo wonders if he can pretend he isn't crying too.

 

Days Weeks and months, they mean nothing to Kyungsoo. He can't age, or at least he thinks he can't. He's in his mid-thirties but still looks sixteen, eighteen at most. Sitting on the bench at a park, he watches as couples walk past, holding hands. He smiles forlornly to himself, tearing at the chocolate wrapper.

 

Happy Valentine's Day to forever alone freak Kyungsoo.

 

"Oppa, can I have some chocolates?” Kyunsoo stops mid-munch as a little girl around five runs to him, her little face pink. Her hair is tied into little bunches, and Kyungsoo is caught by how beautiful she looks. Like a little angel. Kyungsoo chuckles at the irony, but hands the girl his final chocolate bar anyway. The girl brightens before clambering onto the bench, swinging her legs as she eats the chocolate.

 

“Oppa, why are you alone?” She suddenly asks, and Kyungsoo blinks before answering, his voice gentle.

 

“No one is my Valentine.” No one would want to be anyway.

 

“Can I be Oppa’s Valentine?”

 

Kyungsoo almost falls off the bench in shock. No one had so much as even likes him; he was too used to hate anyway.

 

“You’re too young!” he finally blurts out, and the little girl stops swinging her legs, fixing him with a frown and pout. Her brown eyes are true and serious as she jumps out of her seat and walks right up to him, eyes unblinking and sure. Kyungsoo waits nervously, his breath coming out in puffs of white smoke. This was strange, this was weird, thi was not normal.

 

“Umma says I can find my own ‘yeobeo’ when I turn fifteen. I’m five now, can Oppa wait ten years?” She asks seriously and Kyungsoo feels air freeze in his lungs. He’s stopped in time because this little girl is too innocent, too pure for a monster like him to have. But he wants the adoration, craves it, needs it, and he’s selfish that way.

 

Ten years is nothing.

 

“Alright, if you come back here, 14 February, ten years later, at 6pm at this bench, I’ll be your Valentine. And you’ll be mine.” Kyungsoo promises, and he pinkie swears with the little girl, watching as she smiles, nodding her head vigoroulsy before running off, yelling ‘Ten years’ over her shoulders, twin bunches of hair swirling around. Kyungsoo sighs, thinking of the piece of paper he had slipped into her pocket, hastily and hurriedly written. There’s no confirmation if she would remember, but he just has a feeling., maybe, just maybe, she would. Kyungsoo crumples the chocolate wrapper, tossing it into the bin, making his way home.

 

After the girl, Kyungsoo starts counting time. A second, a minute, an hour, a day, a week, a moth, a year. Kyungsoo flies through time. Something burns in his soul, and every second  that goes by ticks closer to his goal. Suddenly every touch, every breath, every sense is amplified, every wait a breathtaking journey. It’s like the world was waiting patiently for the day in which it’s axis could tilt. Soomething has alighted in him, and he burns with purpose, with the joy, with the promise, flickering alive deep in him. An angel on fire, so bright and blinding, that he wasn’t the only one who had noticed.

 

“I can sense it. An angel’s found their way.” Luhan turns to Kris and Suho, his eyes shining, bambi eyes excited. Suho exchanges a look of question with Kris before clarifying with Luhan who looks practically aghast at the question. He had never, ever, in all of his existence, been wrong. Luhan was the most powerful angel seeker in existence, his job to look for and to locate angels who had ‘lighted’, or found a purpose, a mortal to guard. During then, would they finally reach their stage of becoming an angel, and truly be a part of the heavens. The eleven of them, gifted with powers, were the master angels of heaven, watching and punishing those that broke the laws, keeping the heavens safe, and the earth pure.

 

Luhan was the seeker, seeking new angels to guide them. Suho and Kris were the leaders, their personality starkly different. Kris was the protector, flying around on patrols to seek out the law-breakers, the sunmoving stone. Suho was the compassion, the emotion, the gentle saviour, the current of water around the stone. Lay was the healer, and he was used to erase memories. Finally, the earth was divided into jurisdication, the heavens a meeting point, a home. Sehun controlled the wind while Tao controlled time, both of them taking the Western wing. Baekhyun copntrolled light, taking the Eastern wing with chanyeol who controlled fire. The Northern wing was under Xiumin and Chen, controlling frost and lightning respecitively. The Southern wing was under the final angel, Kai, the messanger of the eleven who was gifted with the ability to teleport.

 

When an angel breaks the law, the eleven are called to the heavens for a meeting. Finally, they send Chen, Chanyeol, Tao, Sehun and Kris to capture the law-breaker. Lay would then be sent with Kai and Luhan to clean up whatever mess had been left behind by the said offenders. Suho Xiumin and Baekhyun would finally hold court to charge the captured angel. Breaking the law was a grave mistake, but majority of the punishments are light, the offences not difficult to fix.

 

“Well?” Luhan prods Suho who sighs, wearily shooing him towards Kai. What harm would it be to guide one more angel anyway? They hadn’t had a new one in decades, or close to a decade. Luhan beams happilu before grabbing onto Kai, both of them disappearing into a puff of smoke. They were in need of a final gifted to complete the ruling master angels anyway, someone to run the jurisdiction with Kai. Suho groaned, kneading his temples. More paperwork...

 

Kai sometimes hates his accuracy when it comes to his powers. He was fine with teleporting, it was really cool to just appear in USA without flying over seas and all that right? But sometimes, when he lets other people take control, like Luhan who would steer him to wherever that new angel is, they end up in various awkward situations. Like the time they ended up in the same bathroom, and then that time in the same swimming pool. Kind of like now, Kai thought ot himself as a shriek reached his ears. Luhan stared bemusedly at said screamer who brandished the spatula, eyes huge and scared.

 

Wonderful.

 

“Hi, my name is- WHIOA!” Kai ducked as said person whipped the spatula at where his head had been. Luhan furrowed his eyebrows in concentration, trying to enter said angel’s mind, but was instead flung into the air, money plant creepers dangling around his own waist, lifting him into the air. Kai backed away, lifting both hands up in surrender, impressed.

 

Who knew owel-eyes boy could be so scary.

 

“What are you d-doing h-here?” The boy stuttered, his eyes flickering between them, Luhan still struggling to get out of the creepers. Kai wanted to laugh. Here he was, infamous teleporter, messanger of the angels, at the mercy of a...

 

Spatula?

 

“We’re here to fetch you.” Luhan spoke gently, as serenly as possible. Kai nodded, tentatively taking a step closer even as owl boy made a stabbing gesture towards him with the spatula. Slowly, Kai unfurled his wings, eyes trained on the other boy’s reaction. There’s a pregnant pause before the spatula clatters to the ground and the creepers lose their hold on Luhan. The boy sinks to the ground, his bottom lip trembling as he stares art Kai. Luhan crawled over, gently tilting the boy’s chin, making eye contact. For a brief second Luhan said nothing before pulling away.

 

“You were never alone, Kyungsoo ah.” He murmured, and Kyungsoo started crying silently, shoulders shaking as his own wings unfurled, a lot longer and bigger than kai had expected, and gloriously white,. Feathers long and silky, straight and proud, a true perfect angel.

 

“Let’s bring you home.” Luhan whispered and helped Kyungsoo up, heading over to Kai who extended his hand, palm up. It was time to bring him back to where he belonged. A spot next to the gifted ones.

 

Kyungsoo used to count time. He used to count every second every minute every hour every day every week every month. He used to. But to an angel, time doesn’t matter. A year is like a second, and Kyungsoo’s memory fades. He’s at where he belongs, in the sky, strong and with his kind. He trains with Chen Lay and Luhan, training to control his power of the earth, as well as his mind reading skills. He trains to fight with Kris, Tao and Chanyeol. He learns how the law of the court goes with Suho, Baekhyun and Xiumin. He guards his jurisdiction with Kai and learns how to from his partner and Sehun. He forgets.

 

But not completely.

 

Something  tells him that he forgot. He feels restless, and his wings agree, the feathers ruffling while the jooints snap open and close. Kai watches him curiously while the others prattle on about his schedule. Luhan reminds him to practice closing his mind, Lay and Chen argue about learning attack or defence for their next lesson while Kris Tao and Chanyeol talk about devising a new battle technique. Suho demands holding of court with Baekhyun and Xiumin while Sehun treats himself to human treats like bubble tea. But only Kai notices how Kyungsoo’s eyebrows are furrowed, his shoulders tense when he thinks no one is watching.

 

“I think we need to patrol our jurisdiction, bye guys!” Kai announces, grabbing kyungsoo’s shirt and not even waiting for an acknowledgement, he teleported. Dang, tao was going to wave his wushu stick  for doing that later. Kyungsoo shoots him a gratedul look as they land on the roof in a puff of grey smoke. For awhile they’re both silent until Kyungsoo asks what date and time it is.

 

14 February. Ten Years later. Park. 6pm.

 

It courses back to him alarmingly, every detail, every want, every fire reawakens in him. It breathes back into him a new sense of purpose, a reason, and he knows he needs to go. Turning around, he apologises to Kai and that he needs to go. Kai frowns but nods understandingly as Kyungsoo spreads his wings, taking flight again. From afar he looks like a swan and kai watches for a brief second longer before teleporting to Tao’s jurisdiction. He was going to get wushu kicked anyway, might as well get it over and done with.

 

How could he have forgotten? Kyungsoo groaned internally, his wings flapping soundlessly as wind rippled through his clothes, brushing through the feathers as he soars. It was nearing to 8pm, two hours past the originla meeting time. Kyungsoo prayed she waited, hovering behind the trees as he looked for the girl, wings shining in the moonlight slightly.

 

There was only one person in the pack at this hour and Kyungsoo landed, his wings folding into his back as he pulled on his cardigan. Turning to the pond to look at his reflection, he panicked at his messy hair, raking his fingers through the strands as he tried to return it to this morning’s normal state. Of all days to forget gel... He checked his reflection once more, praying he looked normal as he started walking, pushing past the trees and following the path. Reaching that same old bench, he apused, his heart pounding.

 

“You’re two hours late. I thought you weren’t coming.” The girl turns and Kyungsoo gulps as her eyes draw him in. They’re deep and intense, a vivid dark brown that sends Kyungsoo’s face burning. The little girl from ten years ago had evolved, replaced with a woman. Gone were the two little bunches and cute princess dress, and was now replaced with straight hair falling down shoulders, a skirt and a flowery blouse. The only thing that stayed were those eyes. Those eyes whereby intense emotions flickered in depths that Kyungsoo wanted to discover. Not by reading her thoughts, but by hand, finding out slowly.

 

“You didn’t age.”

 

Kyungsoo freezes and he’s panicking deep inside. Hw ould have to tell her, and what would she do now? Would she run from him? Fear bubbled in kyungsoo’s chest as he slowly shrugged of his cardigan. After tonight, it would be completely over, he thought snarkly, sad wild thoughts running through his mind. Kyungsoo closes his eyes and unfurls his wings, ignoring the biting cold. He waited for the rejection, for a scream, for a disgusted gasp, the sound of pattering feet, the run. Anything.

 

But it never came.

 

The first thing is the touch, the soft feeling of skin, brushing against the feathers, not cruel, not hurtful. Soft and gentle, loving, adoration. The next is the voice. The soft awed whispers accompanied with that musical voice and the beautiful comments that has his heart swelling, that has his eyes opening. Finally, they’re both face to face and she looks up at him, eyes probing for a smile. For the first time, the smile on his face doesn’t feel forced. It doesn’t feel strange, out of place. For once, it feels real as she grabs his hand and pulls him along, their voices mingling in the wind as they run in the snow, leaving foot prints behind.

 

She’s an addiction, something that occupies his ever moment, every movement. When Tao high kicks him, he’s thinking of her as he blocks the attack. When Luhan tells him to block his mind from attacks by focusing on something, he builds a wall of her face in his mind, and the barrier never breaks. When Suho tells him to study and explain the case, she’s who he’s thinking of when he gives Suho the final decision he has reached. She’s in his thoughts, and everything he does is in memory of her as he smiles to himself, humming.

 

The day he met her, 14 February, is not the next date he meets her. He meets her again the day after. And the next day again. And again. The time they spend together flies in a blink of an eye, with Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, flashing past in vivid colours. They keep meeting, and the days of meetings turn into weeks, then months, and finally years. The exuberant feeling in him everytime he sees her spreads that joy all over him, the warmth healing his unsure heart as they both fell in love. It’s in their second year together that they realise their connection with an impromptu kiss. It’s not something big and luxurious, but it’s simple and chaste, but most of all, flew with sparks. It was through that kiss that they both realised the meaning behind fireworks and love. Because it felt like they were floating in the sky, and nothing could stop them. Like they were invinscible.

 

It’s nothing big really, but Kai senses the change. He studies his partner and he notices the bright eyed smiles he makes. The lack of complaints when sent to do a complacent task, the way he practically floats in everything he does, how he disappears into the night, or maybe in the late afternoon. The way he stares dreamily into the distance, but most of all the way his wings glowed with life and vigour as he flies in the sky during acrobatic flight exercises. Kai chews his bttom lip, nervous and wondering what it means, what this means. It’s during after one of their flight practices, away from the others that Kai finally steps forward and asks, fear evident in his voice.

 

“Kyungsoo, what are you doing every night?”

 

Kyungsoo goes cold and he looks into Kai’s eyes with fear as the younger looks at him. For awhile, Kai gets the flash of a beautiful smiling face, teeth sparkling in the light as she laughs. Then one with Kyungsoo hugging her close, nose burried into her hair as they lace their fingers. Kai’s blood runs cold and fear for the first time truly takes root in him as he realises what is going on. The dangerous game his partner was playing.

 

“Kyungsoo, you know it’s against the law-”

 

“I can’t give her up Kai, I love her.” Kyungsoo harshly whispers, his eyes glinting as he looks at Kai, strength evident as he turns to his partner. Kai feels something in him break, something change, something make him give in.

 

“Be careful, or the others might notice.”

 

After that, Kai covers up for Kyungsoo, gives him an extra hour or two. Hides the after effects of his visits, covers up the dreamy looks and silent gazes into the distance. Kai keeps quiet, but he can’t place the gut feeling in him that was never wrong. Stories like this never ended well. His partner was loving on borrowed time, the days slipping past their fingers day by day more and more quickly. It was only a matter of time someone else found out, and they might not be so lucky next time. Fear seizes in him for his partner everytime Kris so much as looks their way, asking a question about Kyungsoo. It’s only when Kyungsoo beams up at him and offers the new battle technique and Kris ruffles the younger’s hair that Kai knows they’re safe to breathe one more night together, fingers laced.

 

“Isn’t it odd? He’s strangely… acting off lately.” Luhan casually remarked to Kai over one of their meals, sipping a cup of tea. Kai feels his ears ring as he takes in Luhan’s words and he forces out a chuckle and blabbers about how Kyungsoo must be pretty tired, always working hard at their jurisdiction. Luhan nods his head understandingly, and it’s only then that Kai relaxes, steering the subject or topic of the conversation somewhere else. Sometime later, the bell rings in the distance and he needs to go back to his jurisdiction that Luhan yanks him down, whispering into his ear harshly, words that send fear bubbling to the surface.

 

I know.

 

Luhan accompanies Kai back to the jurisdiction, meeting up with Kyungsoo. There, the elder curses and scolds before breaking down, yanking at his own hair as he explains the consequences to Kyungsoo. Angels couldn’t die, no, but there was a much worse punishment than death. But still Kyungsoo refused, though pale and stark white, though shaken and fearful, he spoke with his head high. His decision unmoving, and that he would not give up on the girl. The mortal. It’s then that Luhan stares at him with sad eyes and agrees to help.

 

Hiding is not easy, but it was easier now, with Luhan to help. There was an extra person to help distract other people, an extra eye to watch out for danger, an extra one to help manipulate others to look away. Slowly, things start going back to normal, Luhan and Kai watching as Kyungsoo delves into court work easily, accomplishing the tasks efficiently, earning a pat from Suho. Watches as he successfully duels with Chanyeol, uses his powers efficiently against Chen, improves in blocking his mind such that almost none of the others could read it any longer.

 

Kyungsoo walks on sunlight, happiness overflowing every night, every time. He’s careful of course, but there wasn’t much to be careful about. The other angels hardly saw him anyway. They normally mind their own jurisdictions and never bother him, and normally asked for him through Kai. So he spends time with his lover, spends time with her under the pale azure skies. Loving blissfully, loving peacefully, loving like it was a forever. But like they always say, third time’s the charm, and sometime your luck runs out.

 

“I love you.” He whispers into her ear as she smiles, long sleeved shirt covering her pale arms as she hugs him, kissing him gently on the nose. It’s early morning, and Kyungsoo is busy making dinner with her, both of them happily enjoying each other’s company, staring from steaming mugs of tea. Sharing secret smiles, stolen kisses and soft almost sure touches here and there. The pancakes are warm and fluffy, a delectable dish that has a side of fresh berries, honey and butter. Sitting on the couch in his lap, they feed each other, doing exactly what couples do when the door flies open, slamming hard. Kyungsoo looks up, and his mouth grows dry as he sees his friends, all standing there, and Kris, fuming at the doorway.

 

“Get up.”

 

“Kris-”

 

“I SAID GET UP!” Kris shouts, and Kyungsoo gently pulls away from her, only then noticing how his brother, his mentor, his leader’s eyes are red rimmed. The way Chen stares at him with pity, the way Chanyeol looks away, and the way Tao bites his bottom lip until it’s bleeding through the bite. He looks back at his love, bending down and wiping the tears away from her eyes, ceasing the trembling from with a kiss and a soft whisper. Turning to Kris, he waits for his message while holding his two wrists up. Not struggling, not hesitating.

 

“You, Do Kyungsoo, master angel of Southern wing jurisdiction with Kai, one of the master angels of heaven, friends of angels,” Kris swallowed, eyes closing briefly before opening them, voice cracking, “apprentices of K-Kris, Chanyeol, Chen, Tao, Sehun, Kai, Suho, Lay, Xiumin, Baekhyun, Luhan, are under arrest for breaking law number three. You are hereby under the custody of the court, and await further results from the master court.” The gold ropes are not as unsightly as human handcuffs, but ten times stronger, Kyungsoo knows this as Kris looks as him straight in the eyes, throat swallowing as he ties the final knot. Chen has locked up his lover in her room, knocking her out, and now his mentors and friends take him by the arms.

 

It’s a fast journey to heaven. The news had spread like wild fire, the fact that a master angel had broken one of the major laws eliciting gossip and shock from various angels. The rumors spread, one story after another, some crazy wild, some sad, some so confusing, and none even a shadow of the original story. Kyungsoo says nothing as he walks through the doors of the court to his room. He will spend the night in the cell first before the first hearing starts at sunrise. He is stripped of the master angels’ clothes, gold white warm silk replaced with the offender’s colour of red cotton, the colour of the sinned. He does so willingly, and pats Tao on the shoulder, hugs Chanyeol and thanks Kris for being a good brother, and ruffles Chen’s hair one last time before the bars close, shutting him out.

 

“Kyungsoo,” He’s woken up by several voices, and he watches as all the master angels kneel down in front of him, their golden robes on the cold marbled floor.

 

“Don’t kneel for me, I am a sinner-”

 

“Shut up.” Baekhyun snaps, letting out a soft sob and eliciting some bittersweet laughter from the rest as Kyungsoo smiles, chuckling.

 

“I can’t do anything in court, but perhaps give you a lighter sentence-”

 

“No,” Kyungsoo interrupts Suho, shaking his head vehemently, “You cannot give me an easy sentence. You will lose the trust of the angels and where will the heavens be then? Safe or ready for prowling of evil thoughts? You can’t play favouritism, but must give me the full penalty you got that?” Kyungsoo in a deep breath, air rattling in his chest as he turns to his best friends, his mentors, his buddies.

 

“Thank you all, Luhan and Kai for covering up, all of you for mentoring me, and being my friends, but I must ask for one last favour, ‘ Kyungsoo voice cracks as he looks up at the master angels, “Please, tell her.” There is cutting silence, before Luhan wipes away a trickling tear and slaps his hand on top of Kyungsoo’s on the cold floor, eyes burning intensely.

 

“I Luhan, Master Angel and Seeker, promises to uphold my honour to tell Kyungsoo’s love the truth, as a brother I am should, or death claim me.” He speaks, voice steady and volume low as the back of his hand begins to shine, his mark appearing, as does Kyungsoo’s, and the golden circle starts to form, and wordlessly, all the others repeat after Luhan, some choking on the words, some sobbing, but all promising. With every added hand, the circle glows brighter, and more golden lines and light spread onto the floor, the marks forming a full circle as Kris and Suho both say their promises, echoing it softly as the mark burns on their hands. It was a reminder of the promise, the honour of a master angel to a friend, never to be broken until the deed was done.

 

“Thank you.” Kyungsoo chokes up, never expecting such generous effort and offer from his friends. He gets hugs in return and finally, they stand up, forming a semi circle around Kyungsoo. Slowly, each of them places a hand over their heart, an act of farewell from one relative to another. Kyungsoo gives them a smile and does the same, even as they file out, leaving. He would never forget his brothers.

 

That night, he dreams of stars and flowers. He dreams of the flowers in Spring, ice cream in Summer, falling leaves in Autumn and snow flakes in Winter. He dreams of the brightest smile he had ever seen, dreams of long hair that tickles him in his sleep. He dreams of pancakes and cupcakes. He dreams of pasta and good days where ‘I love yous’ were abundant, when they sat on the swing together, when they stared at the sea into the sunset. He dreams, even as he stands through out the podium and listens to Suho, Baekhyun and Xiumin’s verdict. He looks up and smiles serenely even as Baekhyun bursts into tears, still speaking out the verdict.

 

“Was she…. Was she worth this?’ Is the final question Tao asks as the knife hesitates at the juncture of his wings, hovering above the skin. Kyungsoo turns his head to Tao and his voice is clearer than the day as he speaks.

 

“She was always worth it.”

 

Tao swallows and nods, trying to smile as his grip on the knife tightens, but not before there’s a sharp scream asking him to stop. Kyungsoo and Tao both turn, and they watch in disbelief as Chanyeol and Chen along with Luhan and Kai appear, a fragile, but very determined human girl between them.

 

“W-What? Isn’t this against the law?” Kyungsoo speaks, trying to keep calm however much he can’t.

 

“Kris and Suho didn’t know, but our promise was that we should tell her, or die. I just didn’t specify when, so unless they want all the master angels to die, I can’t see why telling her is wrong.” Luhan retorts, grinning. Kris pretends to look angry, but Kyungsoo sees the twitch of his mouth and he knows what’s happening. They knew, they had seen the loop hole.

 

“You can’t take him. He’s my guardian, and even though it’s against the law for an angel to fraternize with a mortal, and worse still his very own guarded one, you cannot kill him.” His lover snaps, stalling forward and drawing herself up to her full height, her free hand caressing Kyungsoo’s face, his hands still bounded by the ropes.

 

“And why not?” One of the elder angel sneers, spitting at her feet, eyes mocking her.

 

“Because, I won’t let you.”

 

And that’s when the Master Angels see why nothing could ever stop their love. Her hair blazes in the sunlight, free and lose on the execution stage, her head held regal and proud. Bending down, she kisses Kyungsoo hungrily, hands cupping his face, eyes searching his as her fingers calmly caresses his face. Her hands reach for the knife, a master angel’s knife that could cut the rope, and she slashes it. They fall away like ribbons, and Kyungsoo stands up, turning to her wide eyed, rubbing his wrists.

 

“Hey, she stole my master knife! Guards!” Luhan shrieks, the master of blocking minds, the best of the whole heavens. Kyungsoo understands as Luhan throws him a wink, still flailing his arms like he was a baby who couldn’t do anything. Tao mockingly lances at him, but Kyungsoo smacks the sword away easily, calling upon his earth power. He sends out an earthquake and he grabs his love by her arms, pulling her into a hug as his wings spread, flying away from the chaos.

 

“They went that way!” Luhan shrieks, pointing in the opposite direction, and as the other angels rush there, the rest of the Master Angels turn one last time, and press their right hand over their heart as Luhan sends a final message through his thoughts.

 

Farewell brother, contact us soon, but remember…

 

Run, together.

 

 

Please don't take this story, I WILL CRY I SWEAR, I LOVE THIS STORY BUT I DECIDED TO BE KIND AND SHARE IT SOBS  anyway, will there be a sequel? Probably. Will I post it... Tell me if you want it then I'll post it. SOBS ILY Kyungsoo so sweet and Luhan BWA ILY too Bamb T^T