Before Christmas

Oneshot//Before Christmas

"Thanks for tending the cafe ____-ah~" Your shop manager smiled at you while you change back to your home clothes.

You tugged your scarf and covered your mouth. "You're welcome, manager. See you tomorrow~" You waved and went out through the back door.

You rubbed your cold, tender hands and blowed some hot air on it. I should have brought some mittens...it's colder nowadays...

"It's going to be exactly a month to Christmas...I guess I'm going to stay at home then.." You muttered as you kept your hands in your warm pocket.

You passed by a small night cafe, you stopped in your steps. I never notices this cafe before...maybe I should have some hot cocoa to warm up my hands...


"Welcome to La Cha Ta!" A bright girl with weird korean accent greeted. You bowed and took a seat near the window.

Strange, there isn't any customers...oh wait, silly me...It's going to be 11PM soon. You secretly chuckled to yourself and took a look in the menu.

"Can I have your order?" A boyish girl with blonde hair asked.

"Hot Cocoa." You smiled and gave her the menu. She bowed and left.

Soft music lingered in the background, giving you a soothing feeling. The seat was soft and warm, you relaxed in it. 

The same girl who greeted you when you came in, walked over to you and gave you pen and a golden brown note paper.

"Every year, Before Christmas, we would have this tradition. All you have to do is write your wish on this paper, no one should know what's your wish or it wouldn't work. Keep it in your wallet, do not let anyone touch or read this paper. if you did what we have told you, the wish will come true and on Christmas Eve, put it into a glass bottle. Go to the Han River and let float to wherever." She grinned, "By the way, the paper isn't purchasable. It was handmade by our owner." She winked and left you alone.

You were confused by the sudden request, you shrugged. It wouldn't hurt to try.

I wish...Before Christmas, I will find my true love.

You smiled and closed the pen's cap. You fold it into half and hid it behind your ID card. But I do hope it will happen...

"Here is your hot cocoa, and here is some fruits and melted chocolate." The boyish girl smiled and bowed.

You beamed at the sight of chocolate. You dipped the Rabbit Apple into the melted chocolate and popped it into your mouth. The coldness and the sweet juice of the apple roamed your mouth but soon was taken over by the melted chocolate. It had a bittersweet taste to it.

You drank the hot cocoa as you look out to the ice covered window.

I love La Cha Ta! <3 You drew on the icy cold window.


Next Morning~

You groaned under the covers, the piercing sound of your alarm clock rang through your apartment. You finally got out from your covers and turned off the alarm. "Ugh...Naomi's sports meets is today..." You sighed and reluctantly got out from your soft warm bed.

You freshen yourself up and combed your hair. You wore a simple long sleeve turtleneck shirt and a faux leather padded vest. You wore simple denim jeans and brown knee length boots that has no heels. You tied your hair into a low side ponytail.

You went to your little sister's room and woke her up. You then started to prepare her lunch box.

"Unnie, where's my ribbon!" She shouted.

"Didn't you put it next to your bed?" You sighed.

"Found it!" She cheered.

You sighed again.


You reached her school, your sister is a sophomore in your previous school. Your shift is at night again so it was okay to go to her school's sports meet.

"Omo! Naomi-ah! Is she your sister?" Your sister friends came to her running.

She proudly nodded, I mean, who wouldn't? You're beautiful, elegant and smart.

"Naomi's unnie, do you have a boyfriend?" One of her friends asked. You shook your head, smiling.

"She didn't date before." Your sister pouted, "It's a pity."

"SCORE! Naomi's sister is a pure angel!" One of her guy's friends cheered.

"Yah, No Minwoo, don't you dare to think of hitting on my unnie!" She growled.

"Yah! Kim Hana! How can you leave without your brother!" A voice shouted from the school gates.

You turned around and saw a guy who's almost your height, if you wore high heels, you probably would be taller than him. He has outstanding sharp jaws, which made him look a little bit like a dinosaur.

"Aish, he's here..." Naomi's friend rolled her eyes.

"You-" He stopped before he could say anything. The moment he made eye contact with you, his face went bright red.

You smiled and reached your hands out. "My name is Lee _____, older sister of Naomi. Nice to meet you."

Jonghyun was at lost for words. "His name is Kim Jonghyun, older brother of mine." His younger sister sighed.

"All sophomore's, please gather in your class. Parents and guardians, please gather at the fields." The announcer announced through the school speaker.

Your sister waved and head off to class with your friends.

"Shall we go?" You smiled. He nodded and timidly walked next to you.


"Jonghyun-ah! Over here!" A middle-aged woman called out.

"Umma! Why didn't you wake me up earlier?" He whined, pouting.

"Omo, who is she, Jonghyun?" His mother smiled at you. You blushed and bowed, "I'm Naomi's older sister, Lee _____ imnida."

"Aigo, such a beauty! Come, come. Sit next to Jonghyun." She beamed and made you sit with Jonghyun. You blushed the moment your hand touched Jonghyun, his ears became red.

"Jonghyun-ah, blushing eh?" His mother cheekily smiled.

"N-n-no! It's cold!" He stuttered.

You smiled, "So how old are you? I'm 20 this year."

"22 this year, so you better call me oppa, arasso?" He smirked. You blushed and looked away, nodding.

While waiting for your siblings, you guys chatted and surprisingly, you guys never had any awkward moments. You guys talked as though you have met before.


Time has passed, you and Jonghyun has constantly contacting each other and going out on dates. You guys are closer than glue.

"Unnie, going out with Jonghyun oppa again?" Your little sister smirked. You blushed and nodded.

"You know, Christmas is next week, you know?" She grinned, "Confess already!"

"E-eh?" You were bewildered. "Anyways, he's waiting for me at the lobby, bye!" You dashed off.

"Aigo, shy as ever." she laughed and continued watching her drama. Her phone rang, "What?! Ugh, No Minwoo, you're really irritating me, you know that?"


"Hey, you look pretty today." Jonghyun smiled. You blushed and smile.

"Someone's blushing~" He teased you and poked your cheeks.

"It's the weather!" You stuck your tongue out and ran.

"Yah!" He called out and ran after you.

He accidentally bumped into a girl, "Oops, sorry!"

"Jonghyun oppa?" The girl whispered. Her hair was to her chin, light skinned and the only thing which stood out was her plump lips.

"Miyoung!" He gasped.

She smiled and jumped onto Jonghyun. She hugged him tightly. "Oppa, I miss you."

You came back, pouting. "Jonghyun, why didn't you chase-" You stopped pouting and stared at him hugging another girl. Your face dropped and dragged your feet to him.

"Oppa, who is she?" You whispered. He looked up and smiled, "This is Miyoung, my childhood friend who went to live at Shanghai."

She smiled at you and stuck her hand out. "I'm Miyoung, nice to meet you."

You shook her hand, "_____". All of the sudden, she squeezed your hand so hard that you have to snatch back your hand.

"Uwa, two of my favorite girls, how awesome is that?" He grinned. You weakly smiled and look at your hands, it was slightly red. You looked at her and noticed she was glaring hard at you.

You knew, she's not going to be nice with you.


Days passed, you never managed to hang out with Jonghyun.

You hesitated to call of him, you laid in your bed, staring at your phone. 

"Call him." Naomi laid next to you, on her stomach.

"But..." You bit your lips.

"Hana keep pestering me to help get rid of that Miyoung girl. She keeps pushing Hana away from Jonghyun. She even made her look bad in front of Jonghyun oppa." She sighed.

You sighed and called him.

"Yobosaeyo?" It wasn't his voice, it was Miyoung.

"Is Jonghyun oppa there?" You asked.

"Yeah, but why should I let you talk to him?" Miyoung smirked.

"Meet me at Han River at 3. We need to talk." You coldly said and hung up.

"Now that's my sister." Naomi smirked.


"Yah, what do you want? It's cold." She complained.

You your phone recorder, "Hana told me, you made her look bad. In front of her own brother."

She smirked, "I had to, there might be some , I must think of all possibilities you know. Since Jonghyun is mine, I have to get rid of every single girl that is near him. You, better stay off. He's mine!"

You sighed, "Hold on, I got a text message." She rolled her eyes. "Fine"

Stupid..

You sent the recorded voice to Jonghyun. "Stupid girl, you even let your rival who heard your intentions use her phone?" You smirked.

Her eyes widen and punched you. "YOU FREAKING ! YOU DID NOT JUST!" 

"Yes, I did." You  calmly said. "Stupid."

She scratched you, "How dare you!"

"Miyoung." A voice boomed.

She gasped, "Oppa..."

Jonghyun went to you and checked your scratch marks, it was glowing red.

"Miyoung, you heard someone important to me, you even made my sister look bad. You're really...despicable." He glared at her.

Miyoung bottom lips trembled and ran away. 

Jonghyun sighed and lift up your chin, "You okay?" He winced at your bloody lips.

"It'll be better after I attend medicine to it..." You mumbled, since your lips hurts.

"I know a better way." Jonghyun smirked. 

You tilted your head, wondering what it would be. He leaned in, lifting your chin. Your eyes widen the moment his lips joined yours. Your eyes slowly fluttered down as you relaxed. You threw your arms around him. So this is how it felt...to be kissed

You felt something cold at your ankle and you looked at it. It was a glass bottle that has a cap. Your eyes widened and you pushed him away. "Eh? Waegure?" He pouted.

"What day is today?" You asked, reaching for the bottle.

"Exactly before Christmas Eve...Why?" Jonghyun tilted his head.

You smiled and looked at the glass bottle.

"By the way, _____-ah~" He called. You looked at him

"I, Kim Jonghyun wants to be something more than a friend...will you...be my girl?" He shyly asked. You giggled and nodded. You gave him a soft peck at his cheeks and stood up.

"Of course." You smiled. He leaned in to kiss you.


"Hold on!" You stopped him. You took the glass bottle and took out your wallet. You took out the paper from the other time and opened it. It was blank. Your eyes widen.

Congratulation

That was on the exact same paper in your wallet.

You smiled softly and popped it in. 

"What are you doing?" Jonghyun back hugged you and rested his head on your shoulders.

You blushed, "Doing something." You threw the bottle in and smiled as it floats away.


6 months later

You were finally released from your part time. You stretched as you went out from the cafe.

"Bye manager!" You waved.

You walked the exact same road, the same road where you found La Cha Ta.

"Maybe I should visit there again?" You giggled and skipped off.

The cafe isn't there anymore, it was just a wall between both buildings. A passerby walked past and you tapped on her shoulder.

"Excuse me, what happen to La Cha Ta cafe?" You asked.

"Eh? Never heard of it." She replied.

"But I remember coming here few months ago." You mumbled.

"I've been living in this street for 10 years, I haven't heard of that cafe, and besides, this place is only a wall, impossible..maybe it's at another street?" she shrugged and left.

You look at the wall, "Weird." 

You shrugged and left, since Jonghyun is waiting for you at Starbucks cafe.


The girl smiled and took off her hat and glasses, it was the exact same girl who gave you the paper and pen.

"I guess you did found someone." She walked away and soon disappeared...

 


Kekeke, how was it? My first oneshot, sorry the main male lead came out late :( It was sorta rushed ><" Any tips to improve in oneshot? :D