1

{Sky}

 

Fumbling with cloth between his fingers, Sungjong quietly..or almost quietly—Folded sheets and cleaned up around the house. “Tsk, You don’t do anything. Why do I have to do everything cause everyone is gone.” he grumbled under his breathe and perfectly aligned the edges of the sheets together. letting a sharp sigh leave him and lazily threw the finished sheet into a pile of folded sheets. “I’m Cinderella here, no one looks after me.” he muttered quietly, dramatically sulking to himself as he was the type to bring out the dramatics. Even though it was true that he normally did most of the work when it came to things; yet it was alright since he would grow stressed if it was too disorderly inside.  Carefully picking up the sheets, he headed over to the closet to place the sheets inside; quickly turning to the bathroom to grab a bucket.  Sitting near it  and reaching for the shower head to fill  it with hot water and pine sol -he  quietly sat as he waited for the soap to float through the water and become diluted. 

Smiling happily as the scent of the soap filled the room, It had a nice smell at least. Picking up the mop as he stood, using it as a grip to help him stand up, he huffed and lifted the mop into the water—soaking it and letting it swish around before pulling it out. His hyung’s would scold him for not wringing the mop out  when mopping because the floor would be too wet, but he found it easier to clean that way so he did it his way, besides—everyone had stepped out, so who would scold him!?   Starting at the door, he mopped and made his way back—humming a tune to make his task more enjoyable. Yet, a sound of the door opening made him look up and it was accompanied by a loud squeak and yelp—followed by a thud. 

Eyes widening, he carefully but quickly headed to the door to see Sunggyu Fallen in slight puddle on the floor. “Yah!!” he yelled and Sungjong flinched slightly. “…Sorry?” he innocently replied trying not to laugh at the leader who was slightly wet now from the water. Sunggyu only could huff loudly as he rose to his feet and headed to the room to change his clothes to ones that were not wet. “Hyung what did you bring!?” Sungjong called after him, looking to the bag he was carrying. “Watermelon, but you won’t get any!” he yelled, playfully to the maknae who could only pout, taking it seriously as he went to dry up the wet places on the floor.

Some time after Sunggyu came back out, cautious of the floor—but upon seeing it was dry, walked out with carelessness. “Go outside, It’s too hot in here.” Sunggyu commanded as he went and picked up the  watermelon, preparing it. Sungjong pouted at his command, was he going to eat it front of him and not share any with him? Tsk, rude. He kept his grumbles to himself and went to the porch to sit as he laid back, tired from working so hard for some few hours—closing his eyes and taking in the fresh night air. “Yah, did you fall asleep?” He heard sunggyu’s voice, accompanied by a light nudge of his foot to sungjong’s side. A grumble left Sungjong’s lips, “I guess that means more watermelon for me.” Sunggyu muttered, sitting next to Sungjong, who opened an eye curiously. “I thought you said I couldn’t have one?” he questioned before sunggyu shrugged. “Well I’m giving some now, aren’t i?” he spoke chuckling as he pushed the plate to the younger. 

Sitting up—instantly feeling better,  Sungjong smiled and picked a piece to chew on as he looked up. “Oh, The moon is full!” He exclaimed excitedly. Sunggyu looked up too, curious of the maknae’s excitement. “You like that stuff a little too much, I don’t really see the excitement.” he muttered quietly as he looked up at the sky also. “Well, Its kind of like looking at the clouds, right?” Sungjong wondered aloud. “You can see things in them—…and they’re pretty!” he explained before Sunggyu squinted to try and see anything. “Don’t see anything.” Sungjong huffed at his hyung’s stubbornness “Some days you can see stuff but today there isn’t very much…still its nice to look at.” he muttered. “I guess they’re alright.” Sunggyu stubbornly replied. Sungjong only sighed in response to his hyung’s stubbornness