End

Symptoms

A cold windy night, the cold wind brush on our skins making us shiver. My black messy hair moves as the wind blows on us. I could tell that my cheeks were red because of the cold weather outside. The lights on the streets were so dimmed that night. Was it that pretty late? Looking to my wrist watch and a smirk followed. Kai and I headed to one of the clubs where we usually visit every friday night. As we approached that said club, the loud music and the people who were there that I could clearly hear those mixed noises. Kai or which I prefer to call him Jong In dragged our feet just to only arrive as quickly as possible so we could finally sit. So we could give our almost rigid legs a rest. The two of us didn't want to go out that night since we just finished our midterm exams this morning and we only wanted to sleep until god knows when we were gonna wake up. Truly, college make us more weary than high school. Jong In agreed to me as I said that as we walked on the streets. If it wasn't for Key hyung, I wouldn't be here by now giving too much effort to our tired bodies to get there quickly.

"What hyung wants?" Jong In asked while shoving his hands in his black leather jacket.

"He said, he's gonna introduce his American friend."

"What? A foreinger? I'm not good at speaking Enrgrish."

"Actually, a Korean who moved to America and now she's back visiting I guess? Don't think too much. Anyways, I want this night to end and go home then throw my body on my comfy bed." 

He only nodded and sighed as we finally stepped inside the club with loud music banging our ears. The cold sensation outside was replaced by heat inside and ignoring the fact that some were doing their thing as we strode to where hyung was. Our eyes searched around, and if we see a guy who wore with so many pink on his clothes. We knew who it would be. Jong In gave me a tap on the shoulder and looked back to see him staring to the corner of the club. The place where he was looking at wasn't crowded and it was kind of dark, and I saw Key hyung sitting by himself while drinking some kind of alcoholic drinks. We went there quickly and hoping the night would end in just a snap of my finger.

"Taemin ah, I thought you weren't gonna come?" I gave him a hug while my companion just bumped their knuckles and we took our seats.

"We have to parked our cars somewhere far or not that far? Since the parking here is damn packed." I simply answered and he nodded.

"Where's your friend?" Jong In asked and his eyes kept scanning around the place hopefully he would spot someone.

"She's gonna be here in a minute I guess? She called me like endlessly just to find the route here. Her god damn GPS miraculously broke. Geez, anyway hyungs and Minho couldn't make it because of their projects. We planned to meet her here, but wow I'm the only person who's so free."

"I see," And nodded.

Both of us ordered our drinks and I patiently waited for hyung's friend. Kai chose to entertain himself and danced with the strangers in the club. Key hyung was describing his friend of his. That this girl is pretty and a model there. She's shy, but fun to be with. The way he described his friend kind of reminded me of  someone. He even told me that we are match and I only shrugged at what he said. Well, I'm not really into that like now. I met Key hyung when I registered the university where I'm taking my studies now. He was one of the helpers to the staffs and we incredibly have a good vibes to each other. Even we do have different majors we hang out frequently or sometimes. He's funny and like a mother who nags at you everytime, but he only does it out of concern to his friends.

"I think the two of you will be a good match." He said and laughed.

"Well, I don't want to be in relationship right now."

"You wouldn't know until you see her. That might change your mind."

"Ok, sure let's see. Is she going by herself?"

"Well, she said she's gonna bring a friend with he-. Oh wait! She's calling." I shoo him away and headed at the back of the club. Kai or Jong In went back where we sat. There's this smirk on his lips indicating that he might have enjoyed his time on the dance floor.

"Where's hyung?"

"He answered a phone call."

Both of us engaged to some silly conversation to die out the boredome that we felt. Key hyung hasn't come back yet. Then he came back with a huge smile on his face and sat near us. He told us that she's gonna be here with us in a sec. We composed ourselves and we fixed our sorta fold collars of our shirts at least because we didn't want to look bad in the first impression especially to a girl. Hyung wave his hand since I wanted to excite myself I didn't look back while Jong In did so. Kai looked at me with a frown or a worried look on his face and wondering what was it. He didn't say anything. He was quiet. What he saw? I asked myself.

"I'm sorry Key. My stupid GPS broke."

"It's ok darling." Hyung was smiling and patted an unoccupied seat next to him.

As if I was hearing things. I couldn't be wrong and I was sure of that voice. It couldn't be. I kept myself calm and I tried to erase the panic expression displayed on my face. A blonde tall woman hugged hyung. I breathe in deeply as she sat and her eyes landed on me first. Bug-eyed, but she soon went back to her normal stare. Those cold eyes, those expressionless face, I can't still find the meaning behind those and I felt the time froze. Jong In who would make his first move before me was there sitting quietly on his seat. We didn't say a thing. I gulped. I could feel it again. Sweats appearing on my forehead. All my energy leaves my body, those flashbacks are flashing so quickly in my head. Those old feelings that I thought I wouldn't feel again, surfacing as soon as I saw her. I felt my body was gonna break down. Am I seeing a ghost? Putting my best effort to smile and it turned out a smirk instead. I opened my mouth nothing came out and closed it again. She probably noticed this and smiled at us as she stretched her arm out to me. At that moment I only could see was her.

"Hi, I'm Jin Ah, but they call me Nana." That really snapped me out.

"Taemin, noona." I only said and shook hands with her. She did the same to Kai.

"How did you know?" Key asked. She was about to answer when I quickly stopped her from doing so.

"I would assume your friends would be around your age or older than you." Answering coolly and Jong In glanced at me.

I wonder where did I get this courage and strength to act out as if I wasn't affected in this current situation. Jong In went along and Key hyung thankfully just joked around. I see that he doesn't know it which I thankfully thought, but I am not expecting this to happen. Was it like 60 seconds when that time froze? I couldn't tell and I felt it was much way longer than a minute. Me and Jong In were so awkward talking to Key and to her. Hyung who is like a mother to us sometimes. Probably noticed it and he didn't want to question one of us then went along in the flow. I felt sick inside and my body also. After of how long we talked. I found an opportunity to escape from this overwhelming feeling that I felt that moment inside me. I excused myself and I could feel her stare on me. I didn't budge to acknowledge it. I took out a cigarette on my shirt's pocket and lit it in spite of the cold weather outside. I only ignored it. Those ugly symptoms appeared again after seeing her. Those cold eyes cut in deeply. The centre of my heart is cut so deeply. My breathe stops once again upon meeting her.

Taemin ah,

I should call you oppa and pretend I'm not older.

Miss me? 

I smiled at the thought of my passed, but at the same time those memories tear my heart so deeply when I recalled those. I don't know what to do? I thought I had moved on already. Even if I see her I would be okay and it seems like I'm not. I'm not still over her. 

 

Where are you planning to go? Y-You didn't say anything. She heard it clearly. The moonlight that was coming from the window was the only one giving light inside her room. His smile faded quickly as soon as he saw her with her stuff. His voice cracked a little and suppressed his tears to fall. Taemin stood in the dark room as his stare darted to the brunette who was trying to stiffle a tear or two. She used her infamous straight face and she didn't want her heart to win over her. It was already hard for her to say goodbye and to open . 

Nana stood there as she stared back to the young Taemin. Who was about to break down seeing her with her things packed up already sitting there next to her feet. She really love the young man, but she didn't have any courage on how to break it down to him. Her parents opt to send her to study to America and they thought it would be a better future for her. She argued, but that didn't even solve her huge problem. Her mind was in turmoil and she tried to tackle any ideas to escape from this.

I'm sorry. I'm sorry Taemin ah, if I didn't tell you this. It was hard for me to say this, but.

Noona,.

I planned to study in America and pursue one of my dream. I wouldn't be back in such a long time. It would be hard for us to co-. Actually Nana haven't thought of anything yet especially her dream. She doesn't have a goal, but it has already escaped from her lips.

It wouldn't be! If you love me, we could still communicate even though the sea is separating us! That's just a barrier! Why you didn't tell me? Why? I would wait.

Taemin ah,

You! W-Why? 

I can't promise that. What if- what if I found someone and that would change everything? I think we need to break up. I can't stand your childishness. Grow up! Be a man! I think breaking up with you would make you a man. Nana was out of ideas and even though it didn't make sense to what just she said. The young Taemin was speechless and she grabbed her bags then walked out of the room. After a week while adjusting her life in America. She misses Taemin so much, but she can't do anything. She could remember those hurt eyes from him. She heard from her friends that the latter was so borken hearted after she left. She tried to forget him and it took her a long time by busying herself from school work.

 

Key noticed the silence on the blonde. Kai went to dance with his other acquaintances in the club. Key nudged her side and that put her out from her trance. She acted coolly while her friend was worried about her.

"What's wrong?" She smiled to her friend.

"Nothing, it saddens me that Lizzy can't be here." Key raised an eyebrow at her, but he didn't dare to ask her.

"Lizzy? She might be practicing her speeches by now. I heard that some other popular reporters are gonna visit tomorrow and checked those mascom students." Nana only nodded.

 

Days have passed. I can't get rid of her in my head. We didn't talk that much it was just a friendly conversation and that was all for that night. Yesterday, she's all I thought day and night. I felt sick. I don't know what to do? After all I'd received from her deep in my heart I still wanted her. She was the only girl that I'd ever love. I felt like the words she threw at me that night that it had another meaning and which she was the one who only knew it whether she was lying or not. I went out from my apartment. The snow is falling so slowly until it reaches the ground. My breath was so visible whenever I breathe out. Rubbing both of my hands to replaced by a warm feeling to lessen the coldness in my body. I shoved them in my pants pocket and headed to a nearby cafe.  

My classes won't start till eleven, so I have plenty of time to goof around or eat something. I've been thinking since that day. Should I ask Key hyung? Since I saw her, I felt I was so lost. I'm longing to hold her in my arms again. But a part of me is stopping me. Was it pride? I shook my head and tried not to think of her just for a day. I finally reached the cafe and pushed the door. The bell rang indicating that there was a customer just came in. One of the waitress greeted me with a sweet smile which I returned with a simple one. I took a few steps then I suddenly stop. My heart beat so fast in my chest, my breath leaves me instantly, and her stare diverted to my direction. Our eyes met, and she smiled bitterly then looked so slowly to the window next to her. Whenever her eyes met with mine. It felt pain. I wish I could read minds so it would be easier to answer all these questions in my head. I contemplate. I was choosing over whether to approach her or not. I want to and I think if I'm not going to do it. It would be too late. I snorted and took a deep breath. I walked so slowly and every steps that I made I put courage in my chest.

"Can I sit with you?" She looked up to me and nodded hesitantly. "How are you? I haven't asked you this since that night."

"I'm fine," She paused. "You've gotten taller."

"I drank too much milk, I guess." I chuckled and she was too. Then an awkward silence came after that. "I heard you are a model now."

"I just quit."

"Why?"

"I have reasons, but that's for me to keep."

"Are you gonna stay here or you plan to go back?"

"I will stay here I miss Korea." Another awkward silence again.

I looked down on my hand and she was the same. I was about to say something when Kai called me. I turned to look back to see him shocked, but smiled quickly at us normally.

"Hi, noona." Noona only nodded. "I was calling, but you never picked my calls. We have practice today, so I thought of finding you here which a success."

"Damn, forgot about that."

"Come on, coach was so mad at me." I stood and we said bye to her. 

We headed to the door, but I had one thing that was bothering me since I saw her. I left Jong In and looked back, but he didn't say a thing. I bet he was shaking his head by now. Noona was surprised to see me again. I took a deep breathe and finally asked what I wanted to ask.

"Can I have your numbe-" She answered so quickly as if she was waiting for me to ask her that.

She smiled weakly and she asked for my phone then handed it to her. Jong In looked at me when we head off to his car. He was smiling and then his smile faded.

"What?"

"I can tell you are back to sad Taemin again."

"I didn't expect hyung's friend would be her."

"Same. What are your plans?"

"I haven't thought about it yet."

"Anyway, we need to get there now."

 

When I saw Taemin for the first time in four years of not seeing him. He's gotten more handsome than before and taller. He's got that more manly physique a lot more now. I felt so stupid of leaving him like that and I regretted the words that I left him that night. Why I was so stupid to do that in the first place. Maybe because it hurts me a lot to think of that he's not there with me. It took me a long argument with my father to finally accept that I wanted to stay here in Korea. Finally, I won and still hoping Taemin's feelings were still the same.

I lie down on my bed clutching the fabric of my shirt. I had no words to talk about that morning when I saw him. I wanted to talk to him like the old days, but that would be so awkward after what I'd left him. I glanced up to my clock on the wall. It is already six in the evening. I opened the tv at the foot of my bed and scanning through the channels. I'm only waiting for my other scripts to arrive before I transfer to school where Taemin is studying. I sighed and I don't know what to do. I heard my phone's ringtone and an unknown number was calling me.

"Hello?"

"Noona," My heart skipped when I heard his voice again today.

 

Was it a bad timing? I was waiting in the middle of Jamsil Baseball Stadium in the middle of winter and it was snowing. The field was covered with white snow. The benches were also covered with ice. The lights weren't lit and stood impatiently in the middle of stadium.

"Oi, Taeman, the girl you've been waiting for is here." I heard Kai saying that to the wireless earphones. "Twelve o'clock Taemin."

I looked to straight in front of me and adjusting my sight since I didn't tell him yet to open the lights. I heard Lay and Luhan giggling in the background. I only sighed. She was looking around and I bet she didn't see me yet.

"Go."

The lights went on, she was startled, and she read the banner where the score board located. She gasped and saw me ahead of her. In the banner says I love you, Jin Ah noona. I approached her and hid the red rose behind me.

"Noona!"

"T-Taemin?" I stood in front of her.

I just wanted to end this agony in my chest. I felt like dying if I wouldn't find a fix for it I would die. I think she's the only resolved that I can find. I need her and I hope she's the same.

"I-I know it's been years since we broke up. I was left misreble and devastated when you left. So many girls out there wanted me, but no one interests me and I tried to move on, but there's no fix." Noona looked at me and I couldn't tell whether the weather was making her eyes watery or the other way around.

"I didn't date anyone since you left. I tried to live normally, but there was a hole left in my heart. I've been thinking about you when I saw you at the club. I had the urged of asking you, something was stopping me, but ignored those little voices in my head. I said to myself I still love you. The only best medicine that I could find is you." I paused and it was hard to refrain from stuttering. Surprisingly a warm embraced enveloped my neck. Not long after I felt her lips landed to my own. 

"It's a yes! I was so wrong back then. I guessed I was the kid back then not you. I can't ignore those symptoms of sickness and longing in me anymore. I'm sorry, oppa."

"Oppa?"

"I wanted to call you oppa even I'm older than you. Like the old days?"

"Sure." I beamed and handed her the rose. I heard whistling in my earphones and Noona heard it too.

"Waah! Taemin no Taeman! You're the man and I never thought of you being cheesy to her." They laughed. Noona laughed. I knew at that moment my cheeks were so red. But still my cheekbones didn't go back to normal. I'm so happy that she's back with me again.

"Still, sometimes you're like an old man forgetting to turn off those bluetooth or wireless earphones."


Nothing a random pairing xD. I super love Taemin and I think he's the only idol as a main dancer and acting the main vocals sometmes in a group. One of a kind Taemin! Loving this new album especially Symptoms. Aww...Anyways if you read it thank you. I think it didn't go the way I wanted to anyways. It lacks of so many descriptive words xD so lazy to edit it and I'm so sleepy. Sorry I made this like weeks ago. I will try to update my other fics also school makes it harder for me to update. Well have a nice snowy day guys if it's snowing at your place xD if not have a nice day.