Chapter 2 – Old Friends and New Enemy

I See Sunrises Through Your Smile

(phone rings, bag rustles)

Jimin – tskk… where the hell is that damn phone? (rustling) Ah, there it is (a beep) Yea, yea? What do you want?

Sunhee – hello theeereeeeee… No need to be so angry to your bestest bestie. Hehe..

Jimin – ummm… Really, did you hit your head on a pole or something?

Sunhee – ahaha… of course noooooottt. Wae? Why sounding so pissed off?

Jimin – me? Pissed off? In your imagination, kid.

Sunhee – *chuckles* I know, I know. So how was your day? First day in new school. Ooooohhh.. How about the teachers?

Jimin – teachers? TEACHERS? Really now? Oh my..I think you got crazy. Why in the world you’re asking me about the teachers, Park Sunhee?

Sunhee – *laughs* I’m just kidding, you know. You’re so fun to tease, Jimin-ah. But really, how was your first day?

Jimin – it was fun. I met Spiky Hair.. heheh.. he lost to me

Sunhee – huh? Spiky Hair? Who is it? *chuckles* Oh my…still having that habit to give weird nicknames?

Jimin – he is the karate captain. I challenged him and he agreed. AHAHAHA.. And you know what? He lost to me. Of course he would. Only stu--

Sunhee – oh, wow.. But he didn’t die in first 5 minutes, right?

Jimin – he didn’t. I’m pretty impressed about that, though. Well, I’m the karate captain from now on and no one can beat me. These high school kids are 100 years earlier to beat me. HA!

Sunhee – *chuckles* omoo… that sounds fun, you know. I wish I was there to watch. Tsk..too bad. I’m sort of missing you already. There’s no one to tease headmaster or make a fuss in Mathematic or dance on the table in Chemistry. And there’s no one to kick Jinwoon’s anymore. And I missed you getting detentions. School is no fun without you.

Jimin – I don’t know whether I should feel happy or shiver in embarrassment because of what you said.

Sunhee – *being dramatic* YAH! Feel happy! Happy! Your bestest best friend here is missing you. How could you break my hea—

Jimin – YAH! Stop talking like that. I’m getting goosebumps here!

Sunhee – *laughs manically*

Jimin – I’m hanging up! *hangs up and chuckles* Crazy kiddo.

(door opens then closes)

Jimin – I’m home! *mumbles* Who am I talking to? I’m alone anyway *sighs*

(footsteps rush closer)

Aunt Suni – *squeals in high pitch voice and hugs Jimin* Jimin-aaaaaaahhhhh! You’re home, darling! Oh, oh, welcome home, dear!

Jimin – *shivers* oh my dear goodness *dodges from hug* Aunty! What the hell are you doing? And what’s with the ‘darling’ and ‘dear’? They’re eww… eww…

Aunt Suni – aww…why don’t you want my love? Aunty is sad, Minnie dear.

Jimin – no, aunty. No. No is a no. Okay? And I don’t like to be called Minnie.

Aunt Suni – hmmphhh.. fine..

Jimin – I’m going to my room.. *slumps bag on shoulder and goes to the stairs*

Aunt Suni – oh, right. Jimin-ah, umm..your mom called earlier.

Jimin - *freezes and talks coldly* …and…?

Aunt Suni – *talks softly*umm… She said she can’t go home this month. She has to go to Italy for a world conference. She’s sorry that she has to go again.

Jimin – it’s okay. Not like I care about that woman anyway.

Aunt Suni – don’t be too harsh to her. She’s still your mom. She loves you, you know.

Jimin – yeaaaaahhhh… I believe that, aunty *runs upstairs*

Aunt Suni – Jimin-ah…

(door opens and slams close)

Jimin – stupid woman! Stupid aunty! Stupid, freaking family! *throws bag on the floor and makes a call*

(call can’t connect and phone threw to the bed)

Jimin – stupid Sunhee! *plops on the bed and sleeps*

Narrator – meanwhile, in other side of suburb…

Suzy – YAAAHHH! JUNG ZELO!

Zelo – SHUT UP, BAE SUJI!

Suzy – YOU SHOULD SHUT UP FIRST!

Zelo – NO, YOU FIRST!

Suzy – LET’S MAKE A BET!

Zelo – WHAT KIND OF BET?!

Suzy – SOMETHING LIKE BET!

Zelo – OKAY! LET’S DO—OWWW!

Suzy – it huuurrrttssss.. *whines*

Zelo – what’s your problem, dude?

Jongup – you two! And Im Jimin!

Suzy – oooohhhh… THAT new girl..?

Zelo – who is she? What are you talking about?

Suzy – you don’t know? REALLY? *gasps* oh my God, Zelo. I can’t believe you.

Zelo – OH! I just remembered!! There’s this new kid in my Physics class. Her name is Im Jimin.

Jongup – that’s her, you moron!

Zelo – oh… *stays silent for a while* …so what’s about her?

Suzy – she beat the crap out of Jongup this morning!! You don’t know?!

Zelo – I know!!

Suzy - …..

Jongup - ….

Zelo – ummm….?

Jongup – I swear, talking to you is only making me crazier than I already am.

(keys clink and rustles)

Suzy – where are you going?

Jongup – circuit. Coming?

Narrator – back to Im family house, Jimin was having hard time to wake up

flashback – parts of Jimin’s memory

 

young Jimin – appa…come here. Jimin made a heart for appa.

young Jimin – appa, appa…no. Don’t.

young Jimin – it’s okay, appa. Jimin is okay.

young Jimin – appa, stop. Stop it. It hurts.

young Jimin – no, app--I don’t wa—stop it. Umma..tell appa..

young Jimin – umm--someone, stop him, please.

 

Jimin - *wakes up and sits in panic* NO! ! *grabs phone and calls*

Sunhee – yes, Jimin?

Jimin - *still panicking* Sun-Sunhee? To the circuit!

Sunhee – Jimin? Nightmare? Calm down, okay?

Jimin – n-no..let’s go. Now.

Sunhee – listen to me. Breathe first. Are you breathing?

Jimin – I-I’m breathing, moron..

Sunhee – I know..deep breathing. Did that?

Jimin – y-yeah..meet me at circuit, okay?

Sunhee – wait, no. Jimin, I can’t.

Jimin – why not? Come on. I need you to distract me.

Sunhee – I know, but I can’t. Really, just this time.

Jimin – fine! I’ll go by myself!

Sunhee – Ji-- *hangs up*

Narrator – and so there she went… Alone, and pissed off. Driving in anger to the circuit.

(cars stop loudly, doors opens and closes)

Jongup – YOU AGAIN?!

Jimin – ! THAT’S MY LINE!

Jongup – THE HECK! SHOULD YOU SCREAM AT ME THE FIRST TIME YOU SEE ME?

Jimin – YOU’RE THE ONE WHO SCREAM FIRST! GIRL!

Jongup – YOU WANT ANOTHER BATTLE, HUH?

Jimin – COME ON! BRING IT ON! YOU’LL END UP LOSING AGAIN…LOOOOSER!!

Jongup – WHAT DID YOU SAY?!

Jimin – L.O.S.E.R! HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT?!

Jongup – YOU! YOU’RE MY PROBLEM! RUDE GIRL!

Jimin – HA! JUST ADMIT IT! YOU LOST TO A GIRL! WHAT A SPORTIVE EX-CAPTAIN!

Jongup – YAAHHHH!!! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TAKE MY CAPTAIN TITLE!

Jimin – TSK..YOU LOST, MORON. IT’S MINE NOW!

Suzy - *mumbles to Zelo* Should we stop them?

Zelo – *mumbles to Suzy* I don’t know.. Maybe..?

Suzy – you do it…

Zelo – are you crazy? They’re being hot headed right now. You think they will listen?

Suzy – …probably not. But they need to stop..omo, omo..look at that. That Im Jimin is clenching her fist. Go, go!

Zelo – aniii…ladies first

Suzy – ladies my !! *shoves Zelo* go stop them!

Zelo - *glares at Suzy* you…!!

Suzy - *chuckles softly* your glare can kill me..

Zelo - *pats Jongup’s back* now, now..we should just go home. Your mom is waiting.

Jimin – OOOOHHHHH.. MOMMY BOY… *snickers*

Jongup – SHUT UP! YOU’LL SEE! JUST YOU SEE, WITCH!

Jimin – AH, YEAAAAAAHHHH… LIKE YOU’LL WIN, SPIKY HAIR!! YOU’RE 100 YEARS EARLY TO BEAT ME UP!

Jongup – SPIKY HAIR MY A—

Jimin – SHHH…LOSER JUST GO HOME! YOUR MOMMY IS WAITING. *punches Jongup then gets in the car and drives away*

Jongup – THAT WITCH!!!! JUST LEAVE LIKE THAT! AAARRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!! MY TEETTTHHHHHH!!