1/1

Happy Halloween Special

It’s a normal, sunny Saturday as Himchan casually hums to himself while making kimbap at the dining table. Junhong sat next to his umma, mumbling some random gibberish baby words as he plays with the rice. He forms it into little balls before eating it.

“Aigoo, baby, if you’re going to keep eating, umma will run out of rice for the kimbap.” Himchan gently says, wiping to sticky rice off of his baby’s hands. Junhong only lets out little giggles as he lets his umma clean his hands.

“Mommy…?” Jongup calls out as he slowly walks down the stairs with baby steps. He had just woken up from his nap and rubs his still sleepy eyes. “I’m hungry~” Jongup says after a yawn. His umma lets out a small laugh and gestures his second son over to have some kimbap. Jongup bites into one kimbap and watches Junhong utter weird words as umma continue to make some kimbap.

“Sweetie,” Himchan calls Jongup. “Where is your older brother?”

“JaeJae hyung is out with DaeDae hyung right now.” Jongup explains with a mouthful of kimbap, almost spitting some out as he spoke. “JaeJae hyungie said that he’s going to take Jonguppie shopping for Halloween later!”

Himchan paused. That’s right, he thinks to himself. Halloween is in a few days and it’ll be Junhong’s first. Oh gosh, Himchan has to prepare all those candy and put up decorations and dress Junhong and Jongup up in so many different cute outfits and take so many pictures and make little Halloween cookies for everyone.

As for Yongguk, Halloween is probably his most hated holiday in the whole year. He has to put up with all those crazy candy ravishing children and buy the decorations and all the ingredients for Himchan’s baking and dress his reluctant kids into their Halloween costumes and put with all of Himchan’s orders about how to make cookies or how to not shout at the trick or treating kids.

That’s why when Yongguk entered the dining room just as Jongup spoke of Halloween, he immediately wanted to rush back to his bedroom and hibernate in the blankets until Halloween passes. But NO, nothing goes his way with Himchan…ever. Whenever Himchan has his mindset on something, especially Halloween or Christmas or birthdays or even Valentine’s, Yongguk has no choice but to comply. He may be strong and muscular, but Himchan can beat him down with just one click of his tongue.

“Oh honey, I know you weren’t just about to run away when Jongup said Halloween right?” Himchan says with a slight eerie vibe in his tone. His hands also clutch on the back of Yongguk shirt to prevent his husband from escaping. He smiles, only to scare Yongguk more.

“Uh, o-of course not Channie…I-I was just about to, uh, go to, uh, the basement to get the Halloween decorations.”

Bless God for giving Yongguk such an amazing excuse in the nick of time.

Himchan smiles again. He places a kiss on Yongguk’s thick lips and stares into his husband’s handsome orbs. “Nice try, honey.” He says and trails off back into the kitchen.

The front door opens with the sound of keys chiding and Youngjae appears. “Jongpuppie, are you ready to go shopping for your costume?” Youngjae asks and Jongup immediately rushes over to his older brother with the happy grin on his face.

Junhong begins to whimper, not liking the fact that Jongup is going to leave his sight. He clutches onto his umma’s shirt with one hand and stretching the other out for Jongup. Gibberish words came out his mouth as he wants his Jonguppie hyung back.

“Youngjae, sweetie, take Junhong with you.” Himchan says as if he read Junhong’s mind. “He doesn’t like it when Jongup’s out of his sight.

Youngjae smiles and gladly takes his youngest brother. “Aw, of course umma,” he says and Junhong’s sobs converted into giggles. “Daehyun will be driving us so we’ll be back after a little while.”

“It’s alright honey. I have to have a talk with your father anyway.”

Youngjae giggles. “Alright umma, see you later,” he says and turns down to Jongup, “Jongpuppie, say bye to umma.”

Jongup smiles widely, “Bye, bye umma!”

“Bye honey.” Himchan says after pecking Jongup’s forehead. “Be careful and stay close to your brothers.”

“I know umma! I’m not a baby~”

“Of course honey, you’re a big boy. But just be careful, okay?”

“Yes umma!”

After Youngjae closes to the door, he stays motionless behind it and it confuses Jongup. “Hyung, why aren’t we going?” Youngjae only smiles and motions a hush to his younger brother.

It isn’t long until Youngjae can hear his umma’s shouts towards appa from behind the door.

“How dare you try to run away from me?”

“I’m sorry, babe!”

“Oh so NOW you’re sorry? That’s it, no kisses for a week!”

“What? For a week? You’re crazy!”

“Crazy? Fine, no hugs for another week!”

“Wait honey I’m sorry!”

“You better be, now I want you to go to your room and think about what you’ve done. And don’t come out until I say you can!”

“But what if I needed to use the bathroom? D:”

“You’re a man, aren’t you? HOLD IT IN.”

“Yes ma’am….”

Youngjae giggles after the shouting dies down. “Alright, Jonguppie, now, we can go.” He says and lets Jongup hold onto his index finger as they head out the door.

“Geez, what took you so long?” Daehyun complains the second Youngjae opens the car door. Youngjae shoots a glare to his boyfriend whom gulps and turns away. “I mean, uh, I was beginning to miss you babe…?”

“Yeah you better.” Youngjae replies.

Damn, that boy takes his diva side from his mother.

“Are we ready to go?” Youngjae asks as he fastens his seat belt. He turns to the back and sees Jongup already jumping up and down his seat and Junhong on his fingers again. “What do you want to be for Halloween?”

“Jonguppie wants to be a Pokémon!” Jongup exclaims. “But Jonguppie doesn’t know what Pokémon to be…”

Youngjae blinks. “A Pokémon…?” He repeats and turns to Daehyun. “Where do you think we can find Pokémon costumes?”

“We can go to Nintendo World!” Jongup answers. “We can go to the Pokémon Center in Nintendo World!”

“Nintendo World…?” Daehyun repeats this time before letting out a smile. “Alright, let’s go.” He says and starts up the car.

Junhong watches the tall trees pass as the car drives out of the garage lane. He says some gibberish words and presses his saliva covered palms flat onto the window in thought to reach the trees.

It only took a few minutes when the four had arrived in front of the Nintendo World building. Jongup was the first to rush in. “Hurry up hyungie!” He shouts from the door, jumping up and down.

“The Pokémon Center is on the second floor.” Daehyun says as he grabs a small map of the building. “Babe, what’s wrong?”

Youngjae giggles. “Nothing, Junhong just needs to get changed. I’ll see you two later.” He says and pecks Daehyun’s lips before heading to the restrooms to change his youngest brother.

“Come on!” Jongup shouts, trying his hardest to pull the fat Daehyun to the second floor. “I want to see my Pokémon!”

Daehyun chuckles at the boy. “Alright, alright,” he says and they both head up to the second part of the building.

There, they entered the Pokémon Center and Jongup rushes to all the Pokémon plushies and toys and games and costumes. “Wow! There are so many Pokémon! DaeDae hyungie, which one should I choose?”

Daehyun chuckles again. “Well, what Pokémon do you like?”

“Hm…I like Pikachu, and Eevee and Bulbasaur and…I don’t know hyungie!”

“Well let’s go see the costumes first and then you can choose.” Daehyun suggests. The two walk over to the costume section and that’s when Jongup begins to ponder in front of a pink costume. “Do you like this one?” Daehyun asks and Jongup gives a look.

“EW, no,” Jongup answers, “It’s pink! Pink is for girlies! But…Junhongie will look good in this costume. DaeDae hyungie, let’s get this one for Junhongie!”

“Of course, Jonguppie,” Daehyun says with a smile and takes off the pink costume from the racket. “What others should we get?”

“This one is for JaeJae hyungie”

Daehyun blinked. “Youngjae…?” He says his boyfriend’s name and stares at a white costume. It takes a minute until Daehyun smiles into a erted grin. “Alright let’s get this for JaeJae.” He says and takes the costume. “Hey, Jongup, how about you choose one for me too?”

“For DaeDae hyungie…?” Jongup asks, his eyes blinking several times.

Daehyun nodded. “That’s right. Which Pokémon would be good for me?” He teases and Jongup begins to ponder. The little boy looks at all the costumes, running here and there for the perfect costume that fits Daehyun.

“This one,” Jongup shouts and hands Daehyun a black costume, and another that’s brown. “The black one is for DaeDae hyungie. The brown one is Jonguppie’s.”

Daehyun chuckles and places the latest two costumes into the cart. “What about your umma and appa?” He asks and Jongup gasps.

“Oh gosh, I forgot about mommy and daddy! I gotta find them costumes quick!” He shouts and rushes back into the towering costume rackets.

“Hey, have you finished picking out the costumes yet?” Youngjae asks as he walks up to his boyfriend with the little Junhong. Daehyun nods in responds and kisses Youngjae’s sweet lips.

“Jongup picked out a great costume for you.” Daehyun whispers and kisses Youngjae’s neck.

Youngjae whines. “Hyunnie, stop, we’re in public.” He says and Daehyun chuckles, placing one last kiss onto Youngjae’s forehead.

“Let’s continue this later then.”

“You’re such a . But what costume did Jongup get me?”

Daehyun smirks, “Something good.”

~*~

Halloween is in two days and Himchan is dying to see what his son had gotten as the costumes that Jongup refuses to show, saying that he wants to surprise umma and appa on Halloween.

They must be adorable. They have to be adorable. So adorable that Himchan will have to take so many pictures and make copies of them to put up on the fridge and to turn them into Christmas cards and to put them into photo album so that when his grow up, he’ll be able to show their boyfriend or girlfriend all those cute, yet embarrassing photos.

“Your mom seems pretty excited about Halloween.” Naeun says as she looks at her best friend. Youngjae only shrugs on his bed and flips to the next page of his fashion magazine.

“My mom is always like this every year. Not even dad can stop him.”

“Do you think the cookies are done?”

“I don’t know, let’s go check.” Youngjae answers and the two get up from his bed to head downstairs. They pass through Jongup’s room playing with T.K who came over with Naeun. Youngjae giggles. “They’re so adorable.” He says and head down the stairs with Naeun behind him.

They casually walk into the kitchen and Youngjae opens the oven, poking the Halloween cookies with a chopstick. “They’re done!” He happily shouts and puts on the oven mittens to take the fresh cookies out.

“I wanna eat one, I wanna eat one, I wanna eat one!” Jongup and T.K shout in unison as they literally jump down the stairs. “I want a cookie! I want a cookie! I want a cookie!”

Both Youngjae and Naeun let out small laughs and fed their little brothers one cookie that they’ve been dying to eat. “Careful, it’s hot.” Youngjae says and blows onto the treat before feeding it to his little brother. “How is it?”

Jongup squeals at the chocolate taste and happily munches on it. “It’s delicious, hyungie! And it’s shaped like a werewolf! Jonguppie loves werewolves!”

Youngjae smiles at the baby. “Of course Jonguppie, that’s why I made it.”

“This is going to be the best Halloween ever! …Mommy, don’t touch the costumes!”

“Sorry…”

~*~

October 31, Halloween Day.

Yongguk wakes up from his lover’s very early morning squealing of Halloween. He groans and stuffs his face into the pillow, trying his hardest to block out Himchan’s squeals but obviously to no avail.

“Honey, guess what day it is!” Himchan shouts, jumping onto his husband’s .

“Let Yongguk Sleep Day…”

“Don’t even joke, Honey.” Himchan says and gets up from Yongguk’s back. “I’m going to make breakfast, get yourself freshen up, honey.” He finishes and leaves Yongguk groaning and complaining alone on his bed.

“It’s Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Halloween; it’s Halloween!” Jongup shouts as he runs in circles like a puppy chasing after its tail. “It’s Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Hallo-,” he stops when his appa picks him up in the air, his small legs still running from all the moving.

“Jongup, appa is saying this once and only once. Appa had a very late work shift yesterday and appa is tied. Your umma already woke up appa so appa is not in a good mood. Please, just stop running. Do you understand?”

Jongup gulps. “Yes appa…but…”

“But…?”

“But…IT’S HALLOWEEN, HALLOWEEN, HALLOWEEN, and HALLOWEEN!!! IT’S – MMFF, MFF; MHFF!”

“Appa, calm down,” Youngjae says and pats his father from the back. He takes Jongup from his arms and lets Jongup dramatically let in and out a ton of breath. “Come on Jongup, let’s go get you and Junhong changed into your costumes.” He says and heads the two up to their rooms.

The bell rings and Himchan jumps up in excitement, hoping it to be their first trick or treaters. He grabs his bowl of candies and opens the door with a huge smile, “Happy Hallo-,”

“Happy Halloween,” Daehyun shouts back but is taken back by Himchan’s sudden expression drop. “What?”

“Oh it’s you.” Himchan boringly says, placing the bowl down and heading back into the kitchen. Daehyun blinks several times and looks at Yongguk who only pinches the bridge of his nose and shakes his head.

“Who burst his morning bubble?” Daehyun says as he comes into the house for his boyfriend. Yongguk shakes his head again.

“I should’ve taken my brother’s advice and become a circus clown.”

Meanwhile upstairs Youngjae is squealing and dying of his little brothers’ cuteness. “Jongup, these costumes are so cute!” He says, taking some pictures on his phone. “Oh my god, this is too adorable! You two are the cutest Pokémon ever!”

Jongup smiles and does a duck face with his Cubone costume. He spins his Styrofoam bone prop and jumps around with it. “I’m a Pokemon, I’m a Pokemon; I’m a Pokemon!” 

By his brother’s side, Junhong sits on the floor, blinking as usual as he has no idea what’s going on. He doesn’t know why his strawberry hair is tied up in a bun and why he is wearing what seems like a pink one piece night dress. But nevertheless, Junhong is still adorable in his Pokemon outfit.

Youngjae squeals again, finding Junhong’s blank face makes the outfit even cuter. “Knock, knock,” Daehyun says from the door. He stares at his squealing boyfriend and to the kids. “Wow, that’s cute.” He says and pecks Youngjae’s forehead. “But I bet not as cute as when you put on your Halloween costume.”

His boyfriend blinks, confused, leading Daehyun to chuckle. “Jongup picked a costume for you too. I think it’ll look great.”

Youngjae giggles. “Aw,” he looks at his boyfriend and takes the outfit. “I’ll be right back then.” He says and kisses Daehyun cheek before heading to the bathroom to change.

“Hyungie, you should get changed too.” Jongup says, still dancing in his Pokemon costume. “And then we can have a Pokemon battle!”

Daehyun chuckles and gives a nod. “I’ll go change then.” He says and heads off after his boyfriend.

Jongup smiles and looks at his younger brother. Junhong yawns and rubs his eyes, his pink bun tilting back. He blinks several times again and looks at his older brother. He burst into giggles and Jongup lets him play with the Styrofoam bone.

It isn’t until long until both Jongup and Junhong can hear their JaeJae hyung yelling at DaeDae hyung.

“Why are you here, you idiot! I’m changing, you !”

“I’m sorry, babe, I thought you were done! By the way, you look hot.”

“GET OUT!”

“Ow…”

Daehyun comes back to Jongup’s room with a red handprint on his cheek that causes Jongup to giggle. “DaeDae hyungie is a pabo.” He says. “It’s like when appa goes to umma in the shower. Umma will get mad and hit appa.”

“You are such a .” Youngjae says as he walks into the room, his arms crossed in his Pokemon outfit. “You are such a .” He repeats and glares at his boyfriend.

Daehyun just laughs and kisses his princess’s forehead. “You look amazing, though.” He whispers into Youngjae’s right ear and kisses his cheek, causing his princess to smile.

“Ewww~” Jongup says. “DaeDae hyungie and JaeJae hyungie are being mushy~”

Daehyun chuckles and picks up Jongup to the air. “Jongup, when you get older, make sure you find someone as amazing as your brother okay?”

“But Jonguppie wants to a Pokemon when Jonguppie grows up…”

Daehyun laughs again. “Yeah, you can be that too.” He says and then Junhong begins to whine. He had no idea what’s going on but he wants his umma.

Youngjae smiles and picks up his youngest brother. “You’re so adorable.” He says and squeezes Junhong’s hair bun before heading downstairs with Jongup as Daehyun went to change as well.

“Honey, hold still,” Himchan says as he tries to zipper up the costume on his husband. “You look amazing!” He says and jumps into Yongguk’s arms.

Yongguk sighs knowing his torture begins the second Himchan finished zipping up his costume. He groans, as the costume itch his bare body underneath.

“Don’t be such a baby.” Himchan says and twirls around in his outfit. “Don’t I just look so fabulous?”

“Let’s go Trick-or-Treating already! Come on, come on, come on,” Jongup begins to whine, jumping up and down. “I told Changjo and Jimin to meet up at the park!”

Youngjae giggles and kneels down to his younger brother’s height. “Eh, but Jonguppie we can’t go trick-or-treating if you don’t have you candy bag right?” He says and Jongup gasps loudly, running upstairs to his room to get his and Junhong’s trick-or-treating bags.

“Be careful alright,” Himchan says to his oldest son. “Come back when it gets dark.”

“I know. Come on Junhongie, let’s go wait for Jonguppie outside.” Youngjae says and walks out with Daehyun in his costume following him. “You really are like a puppy.” Youngjae says to his boyfriend.

Daehyun pouts. “I’m a Mightyena though…I’m supposed to be wolf…”

“No, you’re clearly a puppy.”

“Woof…”

Youngjae giggles and pecks Daehyun’s cheek. He whispers into his boyfriend’s ear. “Good dog, maybe you’ll get your treat later.” He says and bits Daehyun’s earlobe.

~*~

“Jiminnie, Changjojo,” Jongup shouts as he runs to his best friends. The three collided into a hug and jump up and down in their costumes. Apparently Changjo is a bulldog and Jimin is still a dinosaur.

“Oh my gosh,” Changjo begins, “Jonguppie you’re a Pokemon!”

Jongup flashes his puppy smile and nods happily. “I’m a Cubone! Ain’t I a cutie?” He says and suddenly, the three were greeted by another crash. Jongup opens his eyes and sees Hyuk smiling at him in a puppy outfit and Sungjae in a zombie outfit.

Jongup smiles wider and hugs Hyuk. “You’re a puppy! You’re a puppy!”

“And you’re a Pokemon, you’re a Pokemon!”

“And I’m a zombie!” Sungjae shouts as well. “I’m Thriller! I want to eat your brains!”

Changjo blinks. “But Jonguppie has no brain.” He says and turns to the said boy.

“It’s true. :D”

Youngjae giggles as he watches the kids. “Did you two come by yourselves?” He asks the two kids who smilingly shake their heads.

“I came with Hongbin hyungie!”

“And I’m with Ilhoon hyungie!”

Youngjae blinks. “Where are they?”

“Sungjae…!”

“Hyuk…!”

Both Daehyun and Youngjae look up to the voices and notices Hongbin and Ilhoon running toward them. They stopped running when they reached up to their younger brothers and Hongbin picks up Hyuk first.

“Don’t run off like that.” Hongbin says and Hyuk pouts.

“I’m sorry hyungie…”

Hongbin only sighs and looks up. He narrows his eyes at Daehyun. “Dae…is that you? What are you dressed up as? Are a dog?”

Daehyun face palms. “I’m clearly a wolf!” He says and Youngjae rolls his eyes.

“I told you, you look like a dog…” Youngjae says and Hongbin takes a step back.

“Jae, is that you? Damn, you look nice.”

Daehyun growls, his arm over Youngjae. “Don’t flirt with my princess, Bin.” He threatens and Hongbin only chuckles.

“I’m only joking. But…what are you two supposed to be?”

“They’re Pokemon!” Jongup answers instead. “JaeJae hyungie is Absol and DaeDae hyungie is Mightyena!” He was about to say something else until he was interrupted by Junhong’s whimper.

Junhong had just woken up in Youngjae’s arms. He was woken up by all the noise and he blinks at Hongbin and Ilhoon who are unfamiliar faces to the baby.

He stares at a long time at the two and frowns, beginning to cry. Not by Hongbin or Ilhoon but Daehyun in his costume looks scary.

“Dae, you’re making him cry.” Youngjae says and turns away from Daehyun. “It seems like Junhong doesn’t like big dogs.”

“I’m a wolf!”

“Yah, Jung Daehyun!” Another voice appeared from the side. Daehyun turns to the voice and freezes after realizing his second oldest brother walking towards him with Taehyung at his side. “How could you forget Taehyung?” Jonghyun says, glaring at his younger brother. Youngjae only mentally giggles as he watches his boyfriend being scolded by his extremely hot older brother. “I clearly told you to take Taehyung trick-or-treating after he woke up from his nap.”

“Tae-Tae…!” Jongup and the rest of the kids shouted, running to the teddy bear dressed boy. Taehyung smiles and hugs his best friend.

“Look how much candy I have!” Taehyung shouts as he shows his bag to the others and Jongup pouts.

“I still have nothing! JaeJae hyungie, we have to get candy!”

“Take care of Taehyung.” Jonghyun says. “And don’t forget him like you did last year.”

“It wasn’t that bad hyung.”

“…you took him to the park and accidently brought home another baby!”

“They looked alike though!”

“It was a girl!”

“…fine…”

A little while after Jonghyun had gone; the group had finally gone trick-or-treating. Jongup happily leads the other babies who were following him in a single file line while their older brothers walked behind them.

They walked from house to house and store to store, adorably asking for candy everywhere.

“Let’s go there next!” Hyuk suggests, pointing to the house next to the bakery. “I bet they have a lot of candy!” He says and they rush towards there.

The babies smartly climbing up on each other with Changjo on the bottom since he was apparently the strongest to ring the doorbell.

It was only a few seconds until an elderly lady had answered the door. “Trick or Treat!” The kids shout as they extended out their Halloween bags.

The elderly lady giggled like another other elder would. “Huhuhu you kids are so adorable. But you should know that candy is bad for you and will give you cavities so here is a bunch of mini toothpastes for you little darling angels. Okay now, bye~”

Door shuts.

“…” Changjo blinks and stares at his toothpaste. He looks at Jimin.

“…” Jimin looks at Taehyung.

“…” Taehyung looks at Sungjae.

“…” Sungjae looks at Hyuk.

“…” Hyuk looks at Jongup.

“Mmhmm~ this candy is pretty good~”

All the babies blink once. “That’s toothpaste, Jongup.” Changjo finally answers.

“Oh…minty~”

~*~

“Mommy, mommy, look how much candy I have!” Jongup shouts as he darts into his house and to his mom. Himchan smiles and picks up his second son.

“Wow, you have a lot there honey.”

“Where’s appa?” Youngjae asks.

“He’s on the couch, dead tired from giving out candy.”

Youngjae giggles and peeks into the living to see his appa taking a nap. He places sleeping Junhong next to his sleeping appa and covers the both of them with a thin blanket. “You worked hard, appa.” He says and then listens to the other toddlers rushing upstairs to eat their candy and tell scary stories.

“Baby-cake~” Daehyun calls Youngjae as he back hugs him, resting his chin on Youngjae’s shoulder. “When will I get my treat?”

Youngjae only giggles and slips his palm to Daehyun’s face and turns him to place a kiss. “Soon,” Youngjae whispers and Daehyun smiles, stealing three kisses onto Youngjae’s lips.

Meanwhile upstairs, Jongup had just shut the lights and rushes to the center of his room with a flashlight. He looks at his friends and grins. “So my story,” He begins, “is about a boy. He walks into the room and…”

A few minutes later~

Jimin was almost tearing up as he covers his ears at Jongup’s story. “It’s too scary, it’s too scary, stop it Jonguppie!”

“Aniyo!” Changjo challenges, “I want to hear the end!”

Jongup smiles wider at his friends. “So as I was about to say, the boy then walked inside his house and towards the bathroom and he sees…he sees…”

“Stop, stop, stop…!” Taehyung shouts

“It’s too scary!”

“And then he sees…”

“Aniyo, go on!”

“He….left the toilet seat up…!”

~

hope you'll leave comments and upvote this story, thank you! ^^ HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! <333

halloween.jpeg

Kpop-Halloween-kpop-32634565-400-300.jpg

Imma be a cat~ xD leave in the comments on what you're dressing up as!!! :D