oo1. Moving

Cursed Melody

Chapter One

"Yeonni, are you ready for your new school?" Asked a woman in her middle age, smiling sweetly at her daughter.

"Maybe," A girl - probably in her late seventeen - shrugs, not really paying attention to what's her mother was saying.

"Don't worry, this town is beautiful!" A man in her late fourties added while smiling but didn't take his eyes off the road.

"I'm still not sure about this, how can i leave all my friends in Seoul?" The girl whined and hits her head to the car's window.

"I'm sure you'll like our new house. It's beautiful!" Says the man - who is guessed that he's the girl's father - changing the subject.

"Yeah, and your father bought it for a cheap price! How exciting is that?" Adds the woman - the girl's mother.

"Okay, okay, i get it." The girl rolls her eyes and continue to looks out the window.

 

 

"We have arrived!" The girl sighed before getting off the car. She examine her new house in front of her. "Not bad," She commented in a low voice.

"Soyeon, go help your dad to move your things!" A sound of a woman babbling was heard and Soyeon quickly ran to her dad.

"Okay, mom." Soyeon glance at her new house once again before grabbing her things and move it inside her house.

 

 

 

"Thankyou, yeonni, now you can go shower. Me and your dad will handle these boxes," Soyeon's mother - Mrs. Park, looks at the boxes that's contains the Park family's things inside it. Then Mrs. Park starts to push her daughter to the bathroom.

"Alright mom, i can walk by myself." Soyeon chuckles a bit and walks into the small yet minimalist and simple bathroom.

 

 

"Aish," Soyeon muttered. "I forgot to ask what's this town's name. That's just poor. I don't even know what's this town's name." She starts muttering things while applying shampoo to her hair.
"It's better to move to Busan than to this town."

 

After drying her hair, Soyeon changed her clothes and approached her mother who's cooking in the kitchen.

"Mom," Called Soyeon.

"What is it, Yeonni?" Mrs. Park asked without stopping cooking.

"Where are we? I mean, what's this town called?" Soyeon asked back, pouring milk to the glass she's holding onto.

"Music Town. Cool, right?" Mrs. Park smiles a little while still cooking.

"Huh, the milk isn't that cold." Soyeon mumbled lowly, but still loud enough for the entire room to hear it. "Music Town? I never heard of it. Weird, Music Town."

"Of course the milk isn't that cold, me and your father were just putting that milk to the fridge a couple minutes ago." Mrs. Park chuckles and shooks her head.
"Yes, Music Town. It's in Jindo."

"Oh, Jindo." Soyeon nods once before gulping her milk. But suddenly Soyeon spit out the milk she just gulped.
"What, Jindo?! But that's impossible! We're just depart from Seoul around 3 hours ago, but now we're already in Jindo?"

 

"Soyeon," Mrs. Park stop cooking and turns around to face her daughter.
"Relax, why do you look so shocked? Your dad was just taking a shortcuts on the road. So of course we'll arrive fast."

"Oh, okay." Soyeon nods, but still not really believing it.
"I want to take a stroll in this town. Can i?" Soyeon asked her mother for permission.

"Of course you can, sweetheart. But please, be back home before dinner." Mrs. Park smiles before kissing Soyeon's forehead and continues to cook. Soyeon nodded and left her new house.

 

"What kind of excuse is that, 'taking a shortcut'? Aigoo." Soyeon shook her head, walking through the quiet and empty street.

"Wait, but Jindo is an island. I don't remember we're boarding on a ship." Soyeon stops her track, thinking.

"How can dad takes a shortcut to an island?"

Soyeon thought for a moment, and quickly shook the thought off because she became dizzy.

 

 

Soyeon was about to take another step when something is holding her shoulder.
 

 

 

 


this is jindo and seoul:

i'm sorry if this chapter was boring -its the first chapter Dx but i promise later on in this story, the chapters wont be boring anymore! /grins.

thankyou for reading.

i love you <3

published on 10/13/2013 at 4:58 pm KST