The Little Kyungsoo

EXO Tales

Genre(s): romance, fluff


“AGH!” A guy on the ground groaned as him and his other teammates got beat up by Jongin’s gang. “Hey Kai, what should we do now?” asked the blonde headed guy named Kris while holding victim by the hair.

“P-pl-please let me and my mates go..!!” The brown-haired guy who was bleeding begged.

Kris roared, “YOU BETTER TELL YOUR LEADER, PYO, THAT DON’T BE A COWARD AND FIGHT US INSTEAD USING SOMEONE ELSE AS BAIT!”

Jongin who was watching from afar finally stood up and commanded them to let them go. “You messed with the wrong person!” shouted a guy with dreadlocks named Zico. The other team ran off.

“Ya Kris! Stop calling me Kai!” Jongin gave a light punch on Kris’ muscular arm. “C’mon man, I have been your friend since like what fifth grade?” said Kris.

A guy with black hair named Kyung suddenly burst in the conversation “Guys! That was an awesome fight!” He high-fived a guy with one dimple on his right cheek named Lay. “I’m leaving first, alright?” said Zico to Jongin. “Alright man, remember to meet at the same place tomorrow,” Kai directed.

“Where is he going?” asked Lay with a confused expression. “Zico got a job like a week ago, where have you been man?” Kris explained.

A guy with a girly face was sitting there listening quietly and finally spoke, “It’s getting dark, I have to go to meet up with my boyfriend, Sehun.”

“Luhan!” Jongin yelled. Luhan turned around “Hm?” he answered. “I need to talk to you about something tomorrow,” Jongin sounded like it was something serious and to be concerned of.

“Ok, bye now,” Luhan waved good bye and left. Then all of a sudden as Jongin turned around, Kris was all up in his face “What are you going to discuss with Luhan?” Kris asked with curiosity.

“It’s nothing man! Don’t worry about it!” said Kai as he gave a pat on Kris’ back. “Alright, cool man. I’ll respect your privacy but remember I’m your childhood friend’s dude!”

❀ 

DING DONG~! LUNCH/BREAK TIME!

Jongin and his friends all gathered up at the roof top “What do you guys have for lunch?” asked Kyung with a look of interest looking at other’s lunch bag.

Zico smacked him on his head and said “Fool! Don’t you have your own lunch?!”

Lay was in his own world while eating, “Lay?? Hellooo?” said Kris as he waved his hand in front of Lay’s face.

Jongin was in a dazed while thinking about something as he leaned on a steel bar. He gave out a deep sigh, and all of a sudden Luhan scared him as he tap on Jongin’s right shoulder “Hey Kai, what’s wrong?”

“YA! Don’t scare me like that!” He scolded with his eyebrows furrowed together. “Sorry sorry, anyway what’s wrong? What did you want to talk to me about anyway?” said Luhan with a confused expression.

Jongin paused for a moment and started to speak slowly “Luhan… what should I do?” He wore a pitiful face. “What is it?” Luhan listened closely as Jongin spoke, “You know that the president of student council?”

“Yeah, what about him?” asked Luhan with a weird look on his face. “I think I like … him” Jongin whispered the last word.

Luhan's eyes widen as he grabbed Jongin by his arms. Luhan looked around him and whispered loudly “ARE YOU SERIOUS?!” Which made Jongin jumped, “I-I..I’m sorry, but please don’t tell anyone yet! You’re the only one I can trust since you know how love works!” He glanced at Sehun who was eating his lunch quietly as he watch the others playing around.

Luhan gave out a deep sigh, “Alright but you know.. You’re a deliquent while he’s the PRESIDENT of the STUDENT COUNCIL!” Jongin had a slump expression after he said that. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to bring you down like that.. It’s just you two are so different. But it doesn’t mean I’m not supporting you on this.”

Kris suddenly jumped into the conversation, “Are you guys gossiping about something? Let me in it too!!” He joked playfully. Luhan tried to make Kris leave by talking about boring things, “It’s nothing dude, we’re just talking about the world and how the ignorant the world is.”

“Ugh, the world? Seriously? Is that all?” Kris scoffed as he started to walk away.

“Anyway, have you even talk to him yet?” asked Luhan. “Uh-h, we haven’t talk yet..” Jongin wore a sad expression also spoke with a disappointed tone.

“Go talk to him then!” Luhan gave a pat on the back as a support. “B-“Luhan stopped him from giving excuses. “Go!” He said.

❀ 

Jongin couldn’t stop overthinking while he walked to the student council’s office. “What do I even say to him?! Should I invite him to hang out with me sometimes?! Aghh!” He mumbled under his breath.

He stood in front of the door for a second, and was about to open it until he was stopped by two students. “What are you doing?” asked a boy in the navy blue vest with glasses and a bowl cut.

“I have some business with the president of student council, got a problem?” Jongin glared at them. “Uh, I don’t think president has any business with a troublemaker like you. You’ll dirty his image if he’s hanging around with your kind of people,” said the girl with brown hair in a braid.

Jongin felt a stab in his heart, but he knew that they were different kind of people. The president of student council named was Kyungsoo, he’s a cute, bubbly. and friendly guy who lives in a total different world from Jongin’s.

“Sorry but can you back off? I seriously need to talk to Kyungsoo.” Jongin was already at his limit, he didn’t want to argue with those two in front of the student council’s office.

The door suddenly burst opened, “What’s going on here?” Kyungsoo exclaimed. He saw two students and said “Oh, hi there sorry for that outburst. What are you doing here?”

The two students bowed immediately as they saw him, “It’s nothing president! Sorry for disturbing you!” As they were leaving, they scowled at Jongin.

“Jongin? Do you want to come in? You look like you have some business with me.” He smiled which made a heart shape. Jongin fell in love with Kyungsoo even more, but how did he knew his name?

❀ 

Jongin fidgeted in his seat and looked around the room. He was so nervous since he was sitting right in front of Kyungsoo.

“Hi, did you need something from me?” asked Kyungsoo with a smile. “Um- ah! Well..” Jongin stuttered because he couldn’t get the word out of his mouth.

“What is it?” Kyungsoo spoke in a gentle tone. “I-I’m Jongin and I would like to ask you if y-you would like to h-hang out sometimes!?” Jongin stumbled on his words while looking all over the room.

“I know you’re Jongin.” He leaned forward to his desk and clasped his hands together. Jongin was surprised when he leaned forward but it wasn’t close enough where their breath could touch.

“I memorized students name and faces very well but sometimes I do forget. You were the only one that stood out to me and is that it? Of course I would love to hang out with you sometimes!” Kyungsoo beamed a smile and Jongin felt like fainting by his dazzling smile.

 

They chatted for a quite a while but then Kyungsoo had to do his work. “Sorry for taking up your time!” Jongin bowed and left the room after Kyungsoo said with a smile “It’s alright, have a nice day though.”

❀ 

Jongin would always stop by the student council office to greet Kyungsoo and they would chat for a little while before he went straight into his work mode. They hung out a lot and of course the other student council officers didn’t like it.

 

The test for mid-term result rankings came out and everyone knew Kyungsoo would be #1.

Jongin and his friends crowd themselves to see the result, “Woahh Luhan! You are smart! You’re in third place!” Kyung exclaimed.

“It was nothing but thanks,” Luhan smiled. He turned to his boyfriend, Sehun “What did you get babe?” He replied “It’s #20.” They held hands and Luhan comforted him, “That’s still high! Congrats!” He gave Sehun a peck on the lips.

Zico made a disgusted face not that they were gay because they were kissing in public.

He looked at his result and gave Jongin a pat on the shoulder, “Jongin’s #403 and #400 for me, not bad dude. Atleast we tried, hahaha! Plus we’re not even last so don’t worry about it!”

Jongin wasn’t even looking at his result, he stared blankly at Kyungsoo’s “Wow.. I would never reach to his level,” He mumbled to himself.

“What’s wrong dude?” said Zico as in he leaned in. Jongin popped into reality, “I mean! Yeah, I tried really hard on that test!”

“You actually tried?” Kris grinned, “What happened?” Jongin got flustered and pretended not to know what’s he talking about “What do you mean by what happened? I just did my best so I can get a passing grade that’s all!”

“I smell something suspicious…” said Kris as he watch Jongin and the others leave.

 

That night, Jongin thought really hard about what he can do to match up with Kyungsoo. He also had to tell his friends about it.

❀ 

“Hey Jongin, what did you want to talk to us about?” asked Lay as the others gather around and sat on the ground at the rooftop.

Jongin stood in front of them and slowly started to speak “Guys, please don’t curse me out on this..!” He pleaded.

“Why would we be mad at you for anything, Kai? That’s just silly!” Zico chuckled. “I know right,” said Kyung with a smile like he got a lot of respect for Jongin.

Jongin gave a forced smile and got to his point “Starting today, I’m not Kai but Jongin. I quit fighting from now on. I’m changing so please forgive me for this but also give me your support on this..!”

Zico raged, “WHAT? WHY? WHO SAID?!” Kris joined in, “are you serious Kai?”

“I can’t believe you’re quitting, I RESPECTED U AS A SUNBAE BECAUSE YOU’RE A GOOD FIGHTER AND HAD THE LEADER SKILL MAN!” Kyung roared.

“Who made you this way?” said Zico with a mad tone. “No one! I made this decision by myself,” Jongin declared.

“I don’t believe this..” Kyung was disappointed in Jongin but Lay and Luhan stood up to defend Jongin. “Guys, we have been friends forever now. Why are you guys acting this way? This is Jongin’s decision if he wants to quit then let him quit!” said Luhan as he furrowed his eyebrows.

Lay also added in, “Let’s just support him for now and we’ll see what will happen alright?” Which calmed everyone down but Zico stood up and left with rage “Agh!” He grunted as he walked out the door.

 

“It’s going to be alright, everything will be fine. I already know why you made this decision,” Luhan smiled. “Thanks Lu, but I feel bad for disappointing everyone like that.. I did expect those reactions though.”

“So what’s going on here guys?” asked Lay. “You better tell me what’s going on or else!” said Kris with a stern voice. “I have a person I like.. and I feel like my image of me being a troublemaker might frighten him..” Jongin tried his best to explain clearly.

Kris was stunned to hear that “Y-you’re in love?? With who?!” He cried. “Congratulation!” said Lay as he clapped his hands and beamed a smile. “Kyungsoo the president of student council..” Jongin spoke slowly as he blushed just by mentioning the name Kyungsoo.

“…” Kris was speechless but Lay just clapped and smiled.

❀ 

Jongin woke up to the cold air that shivered down his spine. “I can’t wait for people to see the new me..!”

He wore his uniform properly for the first time; He adjusted his tie and He slicked back his hair “Perfect!”

 

“What the..” said Kyung.

“You really meant it when you said you’re changing..” Zico was astound by his new look. “Duh!” said Jongin as he gave a sassy look. 

“That hair makes you look like a nerd! Haha!” Kris laughed. Jongin pouted and blushed, “I’m not a nerd! This hair is supposed to make me look neater and smarter.”

“So? What’s your next step?” asked Zico with one eyebrow raise.

 “You guys are supporting me on this?” Jongin was surprised to hear Zico ask that. They all gave him a smile as a sign of yes.

“AWW!!! GROUP HUG!!” Jongin grabbed everyone into a group and hugged. “Aish! You’ll be yourself again soon,” Zico flicked Jongin’s forehead.

 

*Knock Knock*

“Hey, it’s me Jongin..” Jongin smile and adjusted his tie.

Kyungsoo's face seemed to be surprised to see Jongin’s new appearance. “You like?” asked Jongin with a satisfied smile.

“Uh-h, ah yeah! What happened?” Kyungsoo was speechless.

Jongin flustered by the question because he couldn’t tell him he did it for him “I just felt like trying out a new style that’s all.”

“Oh, I think it look good on you,” Kyungsoo smiled.

Jongin blushed but he turned away “W-well, would you like to eat lunch with me today?” He stuttered, “I-I mean if you’re busy it’s fine you don’t have to eat with me..”

Kyungsoo was oblivious of what Jongin was trying to tell him that he wanted to eat lunch with him, “Sure thing, why not? Just let me finish these work first.”

 

Jongin and Kyungsoo sat on a bench that had a tree next to it providing them shade from the sun.

“What do you have for lunch?” asked Jongin leaning over to see Kyungsoo’s lunch bag. Kyungsoo grabbed a bacon sandwich and a strawberry kiwi Capri-Sun out of his brown bag.

“Oohh! You like strawberry kiwi too? Me too!” Jongin smiled with surprised expression. “You do? It’s actually my favorite,” Kyungsoo giggled.

Jongin took out chicken strips that were wrapped around with a foil “This is just leftover from this morning,” He took a bite out of a piece.

“It looks like you love chicken,” Kyungsoo joked while taking a bite out of his sandwich. “Fried chicken one is my favorite..!” Jongin exclaimed as he talked about chicken.

They conversed about things and their interests.

Jongin stood up and walked over to the trash to throw away his foil after he was done eating chicken strips. Then as he walked back “Hey Kyungsoo look at this,” he did a hilarious dancing which made Kyungsoo laughed.

“Omo!” Jongin phone dropped out of his pocket as he danced, and he bended down to pick it up. “Woah, is that Pororo as your keychain?!” Kyungsoo pointed to Jongin’s pocket that had a Pororo keychain hanging out of it.

“Yeah it is, do you watch it too?!” Jongin placed his phone inside his pocket safely and took out the keychain then he sat down next to Kyungsoo showing it to him. “Yes, I watch it too!! It’s one of my favorite show!”  Kyungsoo face darken, “I-I mean.. don’t laugh at me for it. You might think I’m childish,”

“No, I don’t think you’re childish,” Jongin smiled sweetly which made Kyungsoo’s face to brighten up.

“Really?” Kyungsoo eyes widen, “Yes really~” Jongin giggled.

They continued on talking about Pororo then Kyungsoo invited Jongin to his house to watch Pororo together.

❀ 

“Guys!! listen to this!! Kyungsoo invited me over to his place! Can’t you believe it?!” Jongin exclaimed happily while jumping up and down like a little kid who was happy to get a piece of candy.

“Ooh, congratulation to you!” Lay cheered.

Kris and Zico grinned at each other, “So what are you guys going to do over there?” They smirked like it was a dirty thing.

Jongin blushed, “We’re not going to do anything like what you think! W-we’re not even at that stage yet..I wish though..” He mumbled the last three words.

“Hahaha! You and him will be doing this and that sooner or later,” Zico teased.

Kyung gave a light smack on Jongin’s back and smiled, “Good luck man.”

“You guys are embarrassing me!!” He blushed. “Now, now guys let’s not be immature here,” said Luhan.

“Look who’s talking when they’re already done that and this with Sehun,” Kris looked at Luhan with a grin. “Alright, alright,” Luhan blushed out of embarrassment.

They laughed and enjoy their conversation. Jongin felt the atmosphere didn’t seem right when he first came.. something suspicious is going on.

❀ 

Saturday~

“Wow, your house is so nice..! Clean and neat also,” Jongin complimented on Kyungsoo’s place. “Thanks but yeah my mom is a clean freak haha,” He chuckled.

Kyungsoo led the way to his room which was upstair, “Here is my room~ come on in~” Jongin entered shyly and stood next to his bookcase awkwardly as Kyungsoo closed the door.

“My parents aren’t home today, so you can just relax~!” Kyungsoo smiled and held Jongin’s hand “You can sit,” He pulled him to his spot.

They sat on the ground while leaning onto Kyungsoo’s bed post. “Ok, let me put in the movie.” Kyungsoo crawled to the tv and put in the dvd, “that ..” Jongin mumbled under his breath with eyes widen.

“Hm? Did you say something?” Kyungsoo crawled back to his seat.

“Nothing, just talking to myself,”

Pororo movie started and it seemed like Kyungsoo was more excited than Jongin.

 

“That was awesome~!!” Jongin cheered happily as the movie ended.

“Let me go get you something to drink, what do you want?” Kyungsoo stood up.

“Ah- water is fine..”

Kyungsoo nodded, and walked towards the door. The door closed, and it was just Jongin inside Kyungsoo’s room. He glanced around the room, “I feel so nervous for some reason..” he placed his left hand over his chest as he mumbled under his breath.

Few mintues later, the door opened with Kyungsoo holding two water bottles in his two hands, “Here, for you,” Kyungsoo handed Jongin a bottle.

“Thanks,” Jongin replied as he gulped down the water.

“Hey, can you do me a favor Jongin?” Jongin's eyebrows rose “Sure, what is it?”

“There’s this movie I have been wanting to watch.. but I’m too scared to watch it alone,” Kyungsoo mumbled as he played with his fingers shyly.

“To be honest.. I-I can’t handle horror movie either, but I can still try watching it with you..” said Jongin. “Great! This is the movie, come over on Friday next week! I’ll be waiting,” Kyungsoo showed him the movie with a smile.

 

Next friday after school, Jongin hustled out his class. Outside of the school, he found Kyungsoo waiting for him. It somehow surprised Jongin, he wondered how can Kyungsoo be there before him. It was not like he was angry or being competitive about who is getting out there first, but Jongin obviously rushed out there and Kyungsoo was there before him. 

Jongin ignored his thoughts, and walked towards Kyungsoo who was waiting for him. When Jongin was about five feet away from Kyungsoo, he heard the petite humming a song. Jongin didn't recognize the song nor it sounded like a Korean song, so he guessed it was probably a foreign one. That didn't matter to Jongin much, because Kyungsoo's humming just gave him peace. Jongin just wanted to stay there and continue listening to the student council president hum, but he couldn't make him wait either. So he walked closer to Kyungsoo. 

"Hey, I'm sorry did you wait long?" Jongin curved his pumped lips, and asked gently. 

Kyungsoo turned around and faced Jongin with his wide eyes. It startled Jongin for some reason, he felt like he made the student council president angry by making him wait too long. In contrast, Kyungsoo beamed a smile showing the heart-shaped lips, "Nope~ I just got here not long."

Jongin felt relief, and let out a sigh. Thank god, the petite wasn't angry. "Oh..I see, but d-don't you have work to do? For t-the student council..." Jongin asked with a bit of a disappointed tone; but at the same time, Jongin wanted to pull his hair out in fustration. Why can't he have a conversation with Kyungsoo normally without stuttering?

"Not today, I finished them yesterday," Kyungsoo replied kindly, "Do you want to get something to eat on the way home?"

"Uhh..s-sure.."

 

After getting their snacks, they walked to Kyungsoo's house slowly. When they got inside, Kyungsoo guided Jongin to his room once again, and Kyungsoo went to his kitchen and gather up more snacks with water bottles.

Jongin was alone inside Kyungsoo's room again, he looked around the room for the second time. On top of Kyungsoo's desk, probably a desk, that was buried with piles of books and notebooks, Jongin found a picture of Kyungsoo when he was still a toddler on the very top of it. A book covered half of the picture, but Jongin could still tell it was Kyungsoo. He moved the book elsewhere, and gazed at the full picture. The tanned boy's eyes opened wide. He couldn't believe it. Kyungsoo looked the same, but in a smaller version. Those wide eyes, the rose-colored full lips, and the translucent pale skin. From the start, Kyungsoo was cute. 

Next to the little Kyungsoo picture, he found another picture of Kyungsoo. A Kyungsoo that was in high-school. He looked a bit different, so Jongin guessed that was when he was still a freshman. Next to him, there was another boy in a similar height with Kyungsoo. Jongin frowned, he didn't like it. They looked like they had a strong bond that couldn't be penetrated, or broken easily. 

Before Jongin could take a look at other things around Kyungsoo's room, the student council came in. "Sorry...I forgot where I put the popcorn so I had to find it..." Kyungsoo rubbed the back of his head and smiled. 

Jongin shook his head, "No..it's fine."

The two of them sat on the floor with a considerable amount of snacks in front of them, Jongin took a water bottle from the pile of snacks and placed it to his right, or inbetween him and Kyungsoo. Jongin wanted to ask who is that person in the picture, but he figured that Kyungsoo would probably be angry at him because he looked at it without his permission. So he tried his very best to ignore it and watch the movie. 

He concentrated on the movie. A movie about a ghost in a school. Jongin prayed to god mentally that he won't be traumatized by it. Especially the scene in the boys' bathroom. As the movie played on, Jongin completely fogot about the picture. When the female ghost appeared in a classroom slowly, Jongin flinched. He clung onto Kyungsoo, and shut his eyes hard. 

Kyungsoo looked at his left, and he found a Jongin clinging onto him like a puppy. The petite slightly blushed and chuckled silently. Jongin frowned, "What's so funny?"

"I just didn't imagine you would be scared by it...I'm sorry," Kyungsoo apologized trying his best not to laugh at him. 

Jongin pouted, "Don't do that next time! Even I can get scared!" 

Kyungsoo laughed, not so loud, but rather in a cute way, "Yeah...I'm sorry."

If Jongin wasn't mistaken, he saw Kyungsoo blushed. Did he blush for Jongin? Does that mean Kyungsoo also had feelings for Jongin? Jongin wasn't sure, but he was quite certain that Kyungsoo blushed. It could be because Jongin abruptly hugged Kyungsoo's arm, but he didn't care. Jongin was happy, but at the same time he wanted to just jump off a cliff. He couldn't believe that he showed Kyungsoo his childish side of him. Now Jongin didn't hope that he won't be traumatized by the movie, but Kyungsoo won't look at him differently.

For the rest of the movie, the atmosphere got extremely awkward. An uncomfortable silence. Jongin kept stealing glances at Kyungsoo, and Kyungsoo was focused on the movie. Kyungsoo's expression didn't change as the movie went on. It made Jongin curious, didn't Kyungsoo said that he was afraid to watch it alone? Kyungsoo was wearing a very calmed face, how can he possibly be scared? Maybe...he wanted to watch it alone with Jongin...

Jongin shook his head, he cursed himself or having such thoughts. When the movie finally ended, Kyungsoo smiled. "It finally ended..." Jongin mouth felt dry, he was about to grab his bottle of water until he noticed it was gone. Kyungsoo had it in his hand. Jongin was about to say something but Kyungsoo already had his lips touching it. Jongin blushed, "Omo!" Kyungsoo took a notice of his water bottle that was already there at his side. He looked at the bottle again and blushed, "I-I'm sorry.. I didn't notice.." 

"It's okay..." Jongin couldn't believe they had indirect kiss! "H-hey..J-Jongin...next time will you watch a movie with me again?" Kyungsoo blushed once again.

Hope, light, courage, happiness, all the positive things just grew inside of Jongin. He grinned widely, "Sure!" Then he stared at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo's cheeks had a light pink shade. Was he blushing again? For Jongin? However, he still couldn't forget the fact that he hugged Kyungsoo because he was scared.

❀ 

Monday Morning~

Jongin recalled what happened on Friday which made it seemed awkward for him and Kyungsoo.

He stood in front of the student council office’s door ready to knock, but he stood there like he went back to step one. “Aghh! I couldn’t stop thinking about it..” 

When Jongin was getting ready to smash himself onto a wall, there was a voice behind him. "Are you waiting for someone?" Jongin flinched violently as the voice made its appearance before him. It was not like the tone of the voice was imitimidating or anything, it just the suddeness that scared Jongin. 

Jongin swore that he'll just embarrass himself when he turned around, but he was certain that it was a male's voice because of its deepness. When the tan-skinned student turned around, he found a male in a similar height with his Kyungsoo; but Jongin felt like he saw him somewhere before. He cursed his memory that was useless when he needed it. 

"N-no...I was j-just walking by..." Jongin replied trying to sound as calmed as possible, "T-then..I'll see you later..." the former delinquient waved and walked away.

❀ 

Jongin was walking with many thoughts in his mind about Kyungsoo but he was interrupted by the appearance of his friends walking past by in the hallway so he ran towards to where his friends were.

He gave a pat on Zico’s shoulder and he suddenly shouted, “AGH!” He turned around, “Oh-h it’s just you Jongin, what’s up?”

Jongin had a weird look on his face “Nothing much but what happen Zico? Your shoulder..”

The rest of his friends turned around and faced Jongin, “H-hey,” Kyung greeted Jongin awkwardly. They all had bandages on their face while Kris had a cast on his arm.

“W-what the… What happened to you guys?!” Jongin exclaimed with a worried look on his face.

All of them glance at each other until Kris gave Zico an elbow shoved. Zico looked up at Kris and glared at him, “W-well.. We were playing hiding go seek and it kinda started to get violent. That’s why we’re like this.”

Jongin faced seem to be relief but he started to scold them, “YA! DON’T WORRY ME LIKE THAT! Even though I have changed doesn’t mean I changed friends..!”

“So how’s your relationship with Kyungsoo going? Did you confess yet?” Luhan questioned.

Jongin blushed by the questions, “N-no.. not yet though.. I will do it soon when I get enough courage to do so..!”

They all smiled for him and said, “We got your back!” Jongin was surprised to see them smiling like that for him, because they were against it in the beginning. At first he thought they were hiding something from him but he doubt they would lie to him like that.

“Let’s get to class now~” said Lay cheerfully with his dimple showing as he smile. He draped his arms over Jongin and Kris.

❀ 

Jongin was getting suspicious of his friends lately because they somehow got so many bruises day after day. Their condition seemed to worsen because Kris stayed home one day and then next was Lay.. But they managed to come to school one day, Kris and Lay have seemed to recovered but they weren’t in their best condition. “Hey guys! Where have you been?” Jongin pouted.

Kris looked at Lay and said, "Sick."

Jongin didn’t expect that kind of answer because of the unexplainable bruises they got, “What about you Lay?” He turned his head towards Lay.

Lay smiled awkwardly as his hand rubbed the back of his head, “Sick too, haha what a coincidence.”

“Yeah.. coincidence,” Jongin repeated.

He turned his head to Luhan, “Luhan, what’s with you and Sehun lately? I haven’t been seeing you guys together much.”

“Nothing, he’s just mad at me,” Luhan shrugged. “Mad at you? For what?” Jongin asked sarcastically.

"Nothing much, we'll make up it up later.. with my skill of course," Luhan smirked like it was a dirty thing. “Anyway, when are you going to confess to that president?” asked Kris. “Huh?” said Jongin.

“Don’t sound dumb, it looks like you haven’t done much progress!” Zico scolded. “B-but..” Jongin tried to find an excuse but he couldn’t. “You better hurry and confess or else that Suho, the vice president will take him away,” Luhan warned.

“Suho? Who is that?" asked Jongin. “Oh, you don't know who he is? From what I heard.. he's apparently Kyungsoo's childhood friend.” Luhan rubbed his chin. "Oh-h..Anyway what if I get rejected and make a fool out of myself?!” Jongin whined.  You never know unless you try..!" His friends gave him the courage to go and confess, so he decided to go talk to Kyungsoo.

 

“Kyungsoo.. I need to talk to you about something,” Jongin bit his bottom lip. “Hm? What do you need? I’m a little bit busy so mind if we talk about this after school?” He smiled like an oblivious person who didn’t notice anything for the past few days.

“U-um.. ok that’s alright with me.” He said. Jongin left the room and walked away in bitterness. He bit his thumb, “You can do this Jongin!”

He went to his locker and found Zico standing there with Kyung standing over his shoulder.

“Shh! Don’t say it so loud! Jongin might hear!” Just those words Jongin hid himself to where they didn’t see him.

“What should we do? Kris and Lay already gotten hurt so bad! We have to tell him someday!” Kyung complained.

“No, we mustn’t ruin his chance once in a lifetime of love. We’re friends for a reason, we just can’t ruin his happiness.. like that.”

“But that Pyo bastard keeps bothering us! He’s calling us out to meet afterschool and there will be some guys escorting us! We can’t do anything about it unless we bring Jongin out for him!” Kyung had a concern expression while speaking to Zico.

“No, don’t you dare tell him! We’re going to have to take care of this by ourselves.. I know we can do it.”

They left and Jongin had his hand over his mouth, “Oh my god.. I can't believe it..!” He choked.

 

School was finally over; Jongin packed up his stuff quickly as possible, but not quick enough to find his friends anywhere. They already had left before him.

Jongin had to decide between Kyungsoo and his friends then he recalled his friends was always giving him support and rooting for him. He couldn’t just give up on Kyungsoo either.

He went to the place that he called Kyungsoo out to meet at, “I’m here, what do you need Jongin?” He smiled sweetly like an innocent person who obviously doesn’t know the situation.

“Kyungsoo, I’m going to make this fast..”

“I know I’m a troublemaker and I’m not fit to be hanging around with you. I can’t help the fact that I like you; I just want to be closer to you. Even changing the way I am is impossible, but you know..I really do like you!! Sorry but I got to go!” Jongin ran off without letting Kyungsoo answering his confession.

Jongin ran as fast as he could to where his friends were; He knew where the meeting place was.  Jongin kept on panting as he ran and he almost tripped. He was determined to get there as fast as he could!

When he got there, it was too late but not late for him.. “YA! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY FRIENDS?!”

Kris, Lay, Zico and everyone else was sprawled on the ground with blood and bruises on them. They weren’t dead yet; they just couldn’t move a muscle but was conscious enough able to speak. “S-s-stop..Kai..!” Zico stuttered in pain.

“NO, I WILL NOT STOP! LOOK AT YOU GUYS RIGHT NOW! IS THAT ALL YOU GOT? HOW LONG HAVE I KNOWN YOU GUYS?! YOU’RE STRONGER THAN THIS! GET IT TOGETHER!” Jongin was not a gentle person but he was trying to motivate his friends to get up and fight back by angering them.

“Ooohh~ you do know that you’re in the enemy territory and surrounded? Plus your friends can’t help you, HAHA!” Pyo let out an evil laugh.

Jongin furrowed his eyebrows and was in his fighting stance, “Kris, Lay, Zico, Luhan, and Kyung.. Don’t let me down."

“Come at me!”

Jongin had great fighting skill but it was one versus fifty guys. The other two guys stayed protecting Pyo who was sitting in his throne watching the fight “HAHAHA! Just give up and bow down to me!”

Fifteen guys down already but they still had strength left to fight Jongin. Jongin felt like he’s losing his strength. He was about to fall until he heard a voice calling out to him, “KIM JONGIN! YOU TOO DO NOT DARE TO LOSE TO THEM! YOU’RE A LEADER FOR A REASON!” Zico shouted.

Kris helped Luhan get up while Kyung struggled himself to get up in pain. They were all in a bad condition but it looks like provoking them was the right choice, “IF YOU LOSE I WILL BE THE ONE TO KILL YOU! NOW LET’S DO THIS!” Kris spat out blood and wiped his mouth.

Jongin gave them a leader-like smile, “We’re a team for a reason..! NOW LET’S FINISH THIS!” He roared. Zico led the way into the battle with Jongin.

Pyo stood up from his seat and commanded his team angrily, “DEFEAT THEM! DON’T YOU DARE LOSE OR ELSE I WILL CUT YOUR PINKY LATER!” His team stampeded into the battle like bulls running for their life.

Jongin managed to get all of his strength back and focus on fighting back. He dodged many punches coming at him and Kris had his back, “Thanks for coming..” He heard Kris through all the roar of the angry bulls.

Pyo couldn’t take it anymore, he also joined in with his teammates “Don’t think we’re losing!”

 

The bloody battle had finally come to an end. Kyung fainted while Zico felt weak in his legs since he got hit badly in the shin by a metal bat. “Finally..” Jongin let out a relieved sigh.

Kris was strong enough to helped Jongin carry s to the hospital “I’ll carry Zico now go call the ambulance.”

“But how are we going to explain this?” asked Jongin. “I’ll handle it,” said Luhan while helping Kyung to get up.

The ambulance came and took care of Kyung and Zico. Jongin, Kris and Luhan rode the ambulance together. Their clothing had blood stain on it and their skin was bruised “Please be okay..!!” Jongin prayed.

Luhan and Kris didn’t say a word for a minute “I’m glad you’re yourself again..” Kris spoke slowly as he lift up his head.

“Me too..” Jongin recalled what just happened.

❀ 

Jongin and s went to school with bandages and bruises on their body. Zico was safe; he just couldn’t do any physical activity for a while. He wasn’t supposed to go to school but he insisted to, “I’m glad I came to school today so I could hang out with my friends like the old day!”

“Dude, you should have rested until your shins healed because you were BADLY wounded than us,” Kris tsk-tsk.

Sehun came up towards Luhan with a worried look on his face “This is why I didn’t want you to get involve!!” He tears up and Luhan kissed him gently. “I’m still here, right?” Luhan smiled at him.

Kris, and Zico smiled, “You know although he looks like a girl, he’s a man on the inside!” said Kris. “You see? Don’t worry much about me alright? I’m the one who will protect you,” Luhan gave another kiss on Sehun’s forehead.

“Man! I need a girlfriend already..!” Kyung whined.

Everyone laughed except they forgot they were in the hallway walking. People around them were whispering and let out an uttered gasped as they looked behind them.

Sehun stopped conversating with Luhan and was the first to notice the situation. He pointed out and then Kris looked “Ya Kai! Look!” He whispered to Jongin. 

Everyone and Jongin turned their head. Jongin eyes widen as everyone eyes widen, “Hi, can I talk to Jongin for a minute?” The petite with heart shape lips smiled.

Everyone just nodded and didn’t let out a word. Jongin looked back at his friends with a shrug.

 

Kyungsoo led Jongin to where Jongin confessed his feeling. Jongin was so nervous that he could die from happiness that Kyungsoo had called out to him but he knew Kyungsoo might have come to ask him out to tell him that he can’t return his feeling.

Kyungsoo ran his fingers through his hair back “That confession back there.. I didn’t get to answer it..”

There it is, Jongin knew it “T-that was..” He tried to find an excuse for why he ran off.

“You know I’m not perfect, I’m just a normal human being that worked hard to achieve to where I am now. I’m not that type of person who judges other just because they’re different from me. Being different is a unique thing! So don’t say that you’re not fit to hang out with me or anything like that because I..” Kyungsoo paused and bit his bottom lip.

Jongin started to open his mouth until Kyungsoo started to speak again “because I like you too.. No because I love you.”