Mirror

Mirror - One Shot

[Min]

“Min!!!” My bestfriend Hyuna yelled while running towards me. Looking at her expression, Hyuna looks really, really happy; I’m going to bet she’s got some good news for me. “Oh my god, guess what, guess what!!!” She said while gasping for air when she reached me. I chuckled at how silly she looked, and then I raised my eyebrows waiting for hew news.

“Fine, don’t guess then, I’ll tell you anyway,” she started. She was that kind of girl; she’ll ask you to guess what but even if you don’t say ‘what?’ she’ll tell you anyway. “I HAVE A BOYFRIEND!” She announced happily while hitting my by the arm. I could tell she was really happy about it.

“Good for you, I’m really happy for you” I told her.

“Yeah, me too, you should really get a boyfriend too. You’ve never had a boyfriend before and that’s kind of crazy, be like me, I’m so out there.” She commented. I just laughed at her statement then rolled my eyes.

“So, do I get to know the name of this lucky guy? And do I know him?” I asked her when she finally composed herself. She grinned widely then took a deep breath before telling me.

“It’s Kikwang!” She said out loud and proud.

I felt a twist inside of me happened. The happiness I was feeling for her suddenly disappeared, and whatever I was holding ended up on the ground. “I’ll talk to you later, Suzy and I have a lunch date today.” I excused as I walk away avoiding making eye contact with her as the tears roll down my cheeks.

Kikwang,’ I whispered.

. . .

“She’s such a ,” Suzy said as she hugs me. “Is she that oblivious? Out of the guys in the world, in our world, why does she have to be with Kikwang? And she got one thing right, she is so out there. Why did you even introduce them to each other?” She continued still hugging me tight.

“It was inevitable Suzy, she is my bestfriend from school, and he’s my bestfriend from outside of school. And she doesn’t even know I like Kikwang, so I can’t really blame her.”

“Well, I do, I blame everything on her. Stop being friends with her, it’s not worth it” she advised. I pouted and sighed to myself.

‘Kikwang” I thought.

. . . 

Months passed, and I hardly saw Kikwang and Hyuna. Hyuna was kicked out of school when she decided to fight with some girl over some stupid matter. Kikwang on the other hand, was too busy being in love with Hyuna. Both of them only talk to me when they have problems between their relationships. I was the bridge to make everything better between them when they fight; Suzy called me a ‘martyr´ for putting up with that.

I respected both Kikwang and Hyuna too much, so I kept what I was feeling for Kikwang all to myself. Suzy never said a word about how I was feeling as well –which I was thanking for.

All our common friends talks about Kikwang and Hyuna most of the time. They describe their relationship as the relationship of the year. They say both of them were the perfect couple; two people who are meant to be. Every time I’d hear something about them two, I’d feel a stab in my heart. I was bleeding endlessly deep inside, so surprise I was still alive from all the pain. They also said that because of Hyuna, Kikwang finally changed his ways.

Kikwang was the type of guy who won’t be serious when it comes to a relationship. He’d be with a girl for the pleasure, or just so he’d look cool in front of his friends. But when Hyuna entered his life, I’ll admit, as hard as it is for me to, he did change. I would say, Hyuna is his first true love.

. . .

“Min” I finally heard Kikwang’s voice after months and months of just texting. “We broke up,” he continued then pauses, “I’m going away for a while; I’ll give you a call once I come back. I just want to be by myself for now” he ended then hung up. I didn’t get to say a word.

. . .

“Min, someone’s looking for you,” Suzy said while she looks at me with annoyed. “Be careful, alright?” She warned. I nodded my head as I head towards the front door. I stood by the door, shocked with what I was seeing, or should I say, who I was seeing. After six months of not taking, no communicating – Kikwang was back from wherever he came back from.

“Hey,” he started and just with that word, I threw myself on him and hugged him as tight as I could. I was trying to let him know that this time I am not letting him go. “I’m not going anywhere” he reassured me. I nodded my head as I buried myself into his chest.

.

“So,” I spoke breaking the ice between me and Kikwang. “Has it healed?” I continued and asked as I point towards his heart. He nodded his head then smile. A part of me inside was happy to see him smile, to see him look good, but some part of me is telling me he’s still in love with her.

“She cheated on me, and I was such a fool to not see” he blurted out. He said it like I didn’t know what happened to them both. I even heard he asked her to marry him just so she would stay but she was already with someone else then but he had no idea.

“I heard, what happened to you both was unexpected. You were both so in love but the reason you left is so you could heal your heart. No point in looking back, let’s not talk about it” I said. He nodded his head and smiled at me.

. . . .

More months passed, Kikwang and I started hanging out again. He’d visit me after school and we’d talk everyday like the world was ours. He finally knows how I feel about him; he started to feel the same so I decided to tell him. But I was still afraid to be in a relationship with him because deep inside me I still wonder if he was still in love with his ex-girlfriend, Hyuna.

Kikwang became impatient. He thought that all his efforts were going to waste because as much as I like him and wanted to be with him, I never made it official. He would always ask me to hang out just us two, as a date but I’d always have an excuse. It wasn’t because I didn’t want to; I just wanted to see whether or not he’d be able to wait but he couldn’t.

Just a few days before Valentine’s Day, I heard he was dating one of my friends – Jessica. I felt the world crash beneath my feet.

And on Valentine’s Day, my heart completely broke. On the way to class, I saw both of them holding hands, looking all happy – she even received a rose from him. I couldn’t handle everything, I decided to not go to class and just cry out my pain.

.

Jessica and Kikwang’s relationship didn’t last long though, I think after a month they broke up. And just like what happened the first time, Kikwang came to me for help. I pretended it didn’t hurt and continued helping him but as finals approached, I lost contacts with him… I lost him completely.

. . .

[3 years later]

“Min, someone’s trying to add you on Facebook,” Suzy said while fiddling with my laptop. “HOLY SHOOT!” she yelled not long after.

“What?” I asked her. She stood up from where she was sitting and pulled me towards the laptop. The friend request was open, it was Kikwang.  “It’s been three years,” I started. “Why is he adding me now?’

“I don’t know” she said then clicked confirmed. My eyes widened in shock and gave her a smack on the arm. “You’ll thank me one day, I got to go.”

. . .

It didn’t take long for Kikwang and me to start talking again like we didn’t miss three years of each other’s lives. I was probably the happiest girl when I found the connection we had as best friends before, again.

It wasn’t a surprise to me when he told me; he dated another friend of mine. It was not new to me since that ‘friend’ of mine announced to the whole world including me that she was dating the guy I love. The had some guts to even ask me for permission before dating him, but in all honesty even if I said no, she would have still dated him.

Days and months passed, my relationship with Kikwang went from being friends to being in a relationship. I was happy and he was happy to be with me as well, we both went into different relationships but we ended up together in the end anyway.

You were always mine anyway” Kikwang said when I finally said ‘Yes’ to becoming his girlfriend.

. . .

If there is one song that would describe our love, it’d be the song ‘Mirror’ just like the lyrics said;

“Cause I don't wanna lose you now
I'm lookin' right at the other half of me
The vacancy that sat in my heart
Is a space that now you hold
Show me how to fight for now
And I'll tell you baby, it was easy
Comin' back into you once I figured it out
You were right here all along
It's like you're my mirror
My mirror staring back at me
I couldn't get any bigger
With anyone else beside of me
And now it's clear as this promise
That we're making two reflections into one
Cause it's like you're my mirror
My mirror staring back at me, staring back at me”

‘For as long as I can remember I was always described as the ‘hopeless-romantic’ kind of girl; someone who believes in destiny, faith and that everything happens for a reason. I’m the type of girl who would cry over dramas/movies such as ‘A Walk to Remember, Full House’ etc. I’m the type of girl who believes that if something was meant for you, it’ll definitely come back to you. I’m Lee Min Young, I’m the type of girl who believes that when the right time comes I, too, could have one of those fairy-tale endings Disney Princesses’ have. This is my story.”

I was right when I said that what’s rightfully mine, will eventually find its way back to me.

. . . . . .

A/N: It might not be as good as the other one. This wasn't rush either, its just not as descriptive as the other one in my opinion but this really came from a true story. The real people who inspired me with this story is now happy together; they really did find a way back into each other after being into so many relationships. What's yours is yours in the end remember that :)

`tubbyGENx3 ; 12O813 ; 11:50PM

HAPPY TWO MONTHS TO MY BABY GIRL ! :')