Everything Just Falls Into Place (When I'm With You) (Xiumin/Luhan)

Ficlet Dump

Word Count: 505

Summary: Luhan looks forward to coming home to rumbling purrs and velvet soft ears. 

Done for this prompt

(Unbeta-ed;please excuse any small mistakes)

 

 

Luhan tiredly toes off his shoes in the general area of the shoe rack knowing that Minseok will correct the mess with a small scold tomorrow, but it's Friday evening and it's been a long day.


Normally the shut of the door is enough to call the catboy bolting through the apartment to greet his owner but today, silence greets the surgeon.

"Minseok?" He calls into the apartment tentatively. He knows that the cat boy has a social life of his own and often goes out to gossip with Kris' cat boy, Zitao, but Minseok is always home when Luhan arrives home and it's one of the things that Luhan looks forward to every evening.

A quiet mewl catches his attention and he pads over to their shared bedroom and Luhan slowly pushes the door open to see a Minseok sized lump on the bed.

Luhan squints at the clock and with a slight jolt, he realizes that it's half past 12. He ruffles his hair with a sheepish sort of way; his last operation must have dragged longer than he expected.

With a small shake of his head, Luhan slides his way into the bathroom to wash up and get ready for bed before he creeps back into the bedroom to stare fondly at his sleeping significant other.

He tiptoes to the side of bed to carefully lift up a corner of the sheets and there's a snoozing Minseok, with his ears dropped over his mop of milk chocolate hair and his tail curled protectively around his little body. Luhan almost coos at the precious sight and he can't resist leaning in to peck at the soft ears that indicate Minseok's hydrid status. He lightly rubs at the velvet soft ears and they twitch under his fingers and Minseok softly meows at his ministrations.

After a moment or two, Minseok blearily opens an eye and reveals dark brown eyes with pupils dilated to see in the dark, another marking of his genes. He recognizes Luhan immediately and he reaches up slowly to clutch at the hand that's still petting his ears and he tugs the surgeon into bed.

Luhan just smiles fondly as Minseok curls himself around the new intrusion. There's a hand that tucks itself between Luhan's hip and the mattress and an equally soft tail that automatically molds to Luhan's waist. A rumbling purr vibrates Luhan's chest as Minseok settles himself comfortably and rubs his cheek drowsily on Luhan's shoulder. "Welcome home, Luhan," Minseok murmurs into Luhan's nape and Luhan feels a bubble of happiness that he hadn't known he had before he had brought the cat boy into his life.

He can feel a smile on his face as he brushes bangs out of his hybrid's face and he leaves a gentle kiss on that wide forehead that Minseok tries to hide and presses a "I'm home," into the area and Luhan can feel Minseok's purrs intensify in happiness before the cat boy slips back into sleep and Luhan quickly follows.

 

Tumblr l LJ