Part 2.2

Please notice me!

He walks down a stairway and walks to the sidewalk. Before, at home, he had his headphone sticks over his ears avoid noises that he alone could hear. To him, this ability he had it was a curse to him because he was never a type to wants to know what other people thought going on. Furthermore, sometimes, he could hear people in school talked about him, their thought that talked bad about him. It was the rumours about him had caused a man died in a car crashed.

Who wants to be friend with a murder?” he thought, chuckling bitterly

The rumours didn’t die since the day he recovered from hospital. This is why he had his mother brought him an mp3 with a headphone.

When he reaches his school, he didn’t go straight to his class but off to somewhere he usually spent his time the most, the rooftop. The moment he arrives at the rooftop he would spending his time resting on the rooftop, enjoying the sun or listen to his music however, today it felt different when he saw a girl probably around his age standing there. He was taken aback at the figure because no one ever comes to the rooftop ever since people knew he spent most of his times here. The girl seems as if she wants to jump off the roof which causes Ilhoon to take off his headphone wanting to calm the girl

“Hey Mis-” a thought interrupted him and he knows it was coming from the girl

God! This ‘thriller’ is cool! I hope BTOB will release a great song soon” she thought. Then she feels a presence of someone behind her and decided to turn around.

“Opps..” she said and trying to get down from the edge of the roof. She almost falls over but Ihoon was faster that he pulled her and they ended up fall to the roof ground.

“Ouch” she whined without realize, she was on top of Ilhoon. When the moment she realizes, she blushed hard and before Ilhoon could get away from her, she saw his song on the mp3. It was BAP’s hurricane

“Err, sorry” she apologized and stands up immediately

Okay that was awkward. Stupid Soo Bin for being so clumsy” she scolded herself in her thought. For the first time, Ilhoon wanted to laugh out but he held in as he was known to this school as the ‘cold murder’. He likes the idea of people known him ‘cold’ but not a ‘murder’. He shook his head trying to pay no attention to the girl. He pulls his headphone trying to drown himself in the music world and settle himself down on the rooftop’s ground. Soo Bin didn’t go away even though Ilhoon ignore her because it was one of her dream to come up to the rooftop and had this place as one of her favourite place. Soo Bin heart was itching, wanting to talk to Ilhoon as she was never a quiet person to begin with. She is a friendly girl after all and oh well, also clumsy. She sits not too far from him and waves a hand trying to get Ilhoon’s attention but he stills ignore her.

“Oh well, I guess I will just talk to myself” she mumbled to herself. On the other hand, Ilhoon couldn’t help to secretly lower his music and listen to what she had to say.

“You see, I’m here because I found spending on the rooftop is so peaceful, quiet. I guess you must be too finding it peaceful. And I had always dreamt, wanted to walk at the edge of the roof. It was fun you know.” She talked like as if Ilhoon was listening to her.

Is this girl lonely or what?” Ilhoon thought but still, he found her interesting and, she is the first person to actually talk to him after so many years (since the day he went back elementary school after the incident) beside the teachers and other staffs.

“Gahah! I must be crazy talking to myself” She chuckled and stood up, to walk away

“Nice to know you” she said didn’t bother if her words were heard by him.

I wonder what his name is. He looks familiar” she thought before leaving for her class. Ilhoon too stood up from where he sits and quickly walked past the girl. Before he could do so, he paced up to her

“Ilhoon” he said and with that he walked away. He didn’t know why he told his name.

Ah! Its Ilhoon. Wait? What? Is he the Ilhoon everyone been talking about?” He heard her thought and released a heavy sigh

I guess this is also just one of those months I don’t get any friends

The very next day, Ilhoon was taken aback when he was the familiar figure.

Soo Bin” He thought as he knew her name because of her thought. Like yesterday, she walks around at the edge of the roof, enjoying her music.

“Oh, hi Ilhoon” she greeted him happily which surprised Ilhoon more.

“Hi” He simply said then sat where he usually would sit and had his headphone on.

“I don’t think you are bad as what those people had said you” She finally spoke and sits down at the edge. Like yesterday, she wouldn’t bother if Ilhoon is listening to her or not and as for Ilhoon, he would lower his music.

“I think they were wrong about you. Hm, sometimes some people can be over judge other people. I hate that” she said and her tone filled with sympathized

“Oh my! What’s with the sad atmosphere” she said, chuckled herself

“Anyway, yesterday, I accidentally saw your song. Hurricane huh? Its my favourite too. We shared the same music interest” She said happily

Yongguk” she dreamily thought. Ilhoon couldn’t help but to smile a little, secretly.

This girl is sure talks a lot” Ilhoon grew to like her. At least for once, he found his ability is fun because of her.

Since then on, both of them would spending time together at the rooftop, enjoying each other accompany though Ilhoon never really speak a lot to her.

One day, he decided to talk to her. He had decided to open his heart to actually get himself a friend, Soo Bin. At least Soo Bin didn’t run away despite that she actually know his past and didn’t bother what others had talk about him.

Today, it seems different because the others didn’t give him dirty look. It’s like there’s something had happened so he decided to take off his headphone and listens to their thoughts.

God! poor Soo Bin

Pfft that girl really got a gut to show her face here

She should be ashamed of herself because of her father” Ilhoon clenches his fist feeling furious of how people thought of her but then, he tries to calm himself down and goes looking for her. He knew where she would be,  at the rooftop. He quickens his pace to the rooftop and slows down when he finally reach. He sees her, like what she would usually do she walks around the edge. He feels relieved when he sees her.

“Hi Ilhoon” she happily greet him

God, this girl is really something” he thought then greeted her back

“Hi”

Have he heard the news?” she thought

“I heard news about you today” Ilhoon started then Soo Bin’s eyes widen, surprise that as if Ilhoon had read her mind. But still, she smile cheerfully.

“Yea, it was about my dad” she heaved a sigh.

“My dad was being accused. They said he was involved in dealing drug but, they were wrong. I knew my father well. I know he’s not the kind of person what people had said about him. My father is kind, a good CEO” She said

“The good will wins” she added happily as her tone filled with belief in her father.

Dad, I love you no matter what” Ilhoon smiled at her thought.

“You know what? At least, your rumours had died when they replaced with mine” she giggled the fact. Then he remembered when he walked around the school earlier; people didn’t seem bothering about him anymore. Then without realize, Ilhoon spoke about the rumours to her. He tells her it was true he caused someone’s death.

“I don’t think they should prefer you as a murder. That’s just too harsh. Well, we can’t even predict someone’s death right? Pardon my words though; you might die today who knows right? Then I might die today too. So, maybe it was the ajusshi’s time already. You shouldn’t bother about those rumours Ilhoon. Belief what you believes in because I believe that you had suffer enough. That you felt guilty about causing someone’s dead” She commented and the realization hits Ilhoon. He knew what his mother had told him was right all along. But, this girl somehow had made him sees thing clearer now. Yes, he indeed felt guilty about causes someone’s death at the age of young but people won’t even understand that he had suffered the consequence. But, at least for now, there’s one person actually understand him, understand what he been through, that he’s suffered of feeling guilty that just won’t goes away just like a tattoo you engraved on parts of your body. Now, he felt tons of burden been lifted off his shoulder when he told her his problem but still, one thing tiny little burden left, his ability. Unexpectedly, not too far from them, there was someone watching them then left.

“Soo Bin, thank you” he smiled warmheartedly

“Huh? Er-you’re welcome?” she was surprise Ilhoon actually listen to what she had advice because she thought it would just be one of those days Ilhoon would ignore her. Ilhoon chuckled openly at her behaviours, no more holding it.

“You know what, I just realize this is the longest conversation we ever had” she laughed the fact then followed by Ilhoon with a nod and laugh.

“I know right? Sorry, that I mistreat you” Ilhoon apologized

“Nyeh, it’s okay at least we are friends now right?” she said looked at Ilhoon

Woa, I just realize he’s good looking” she thought and causes Ilhoon to laugh

“Huh? What are you laughing for?” clueless, she asked

“Do you believe I could read mind?” he spoke up and Soo Bin’s heart shrink, scare that Ilhoon had read her mind earlier

“Yo-you are joking right?” timidly, she asked again but she realize Ilhoon’s serious look.

“Okay, these is insane but let’s test you” she said and started to think something in her mind

Are we friend now?

“Yup, we are friend” Ilhoon answered then Soo Bin shrieked in surprise

OMG! How did he know?

“Hm, am I weird right now to you?” He asked afraid that she might took back what she had said, ‘friends

“No, I was surprise you could read what’s going in my head. Ho-how did you know? I mean is this possible?” with that he shared how he had this ability. Through the whole day, Soo Bin always tested Ilhoon what’s she thought of.

Months passed, Ilhoon started to gain his confidence because of Soo Bin’s encourages words. He sometimes stops sticking his headphone into his ears and let what people had talk about him but still, he wore them as he is a music-mania. Thus, rumours of neither Ilhoon nor Soo Bin had at last, died. People didn’t bother about them anymore but people in school create new rumours about them though as the ‘rooftop couple’ as many eyes see both of them frequently walk together to the roof.

Like a daily routine, the two would spend their times at the roof and went home together if classes end however, at the end of the last class, Ilhoon waited for Soo Bin but she didn’t appeared.

This morning she was here. Where could she be?” He thought and started to look for her anxiously. He sensed something bad had happened to her.

Ilhoon” he heard her thought

He-help me

When he walked past the locker, he saw there was a paper pasted on his locker. He walks toward it and read it

If you’re looking for the girl. She’s in the abandon storeroom” Without second thought, he rushed to the storeroom but before stepping in, he called the cops.

What taking him so long?” he heard someone else’s thought. He could tell it belong to a man’s. He walked in bravely and sees Soo Bin was in unconscious state on a chair, tied up. He tries to walk close to Soo Bin but was prevented by a guy with a knife on Soo Bin’s neck. Ilhoon guessed the guy is approximately age around 25

“Who are you?” Ilhoon asked stepping back a bit

“You have to guess” he smirked unkindly

I’m the son of the truck driver you killed years ago” he thought

“You’re the son of the truck driver?” Ilhoon asked then the guy was startled.

“The girl had nothing to do with this. Let her go!” Ilhoon demanded

“No! She had! She said it was my father time already? You suffer enough? What a joke. I don’t think you had suffered enough like what I had” He speaks up with tone filled with hatred.

“Because of you, I lost my father at the age of young. Then because of you again, my mother lost her mind, trying to kill herself because couldn’t tolerate my father’s dead” He added. Ilhoon didn’t know what to say to calm this man down. Then, he tries to wake Soo Bin up by grab the bucket of water close to where Soo Bin is and splatter onto her.

“Ilhoon!” she cried his name with fright

“Now, now. I’ll let you suffer like what I had” He started to grip the knife tighter and send a little cut to Soo Bin’s neck

“N-No! Stop it!” Ilhoon shouted in terror as he heard Soo Bin’s scream in pain

What took the cop so long?” he thought restlessly

“Please! She’s innocent. It’s me you want not her” Ilhoon tries to negotiate.

“I’m sorry about your situation” he added an apologized and he realized Soo Bin tears started to stream down her cheeks. He could tell she was afraid right now.

Save me” she thought. Ilhoon couldn’t tolerate anymore and taking his risk to rush over to the man. Ilhoon had the ability to fight as he had learnt taekwondo and got himself a brown belt. He used whatever skills that he had learn to tackle the man down. The moment the man groaning in pain, Ilhoon takes the chance to rush to Soo Bin and undo the rope from her.

“You’re gonna be okay” Ilhoon assured her and embraced her in a hug and she sobbed in Ilhoon’s hug. This not the end, when the man finally got up and he dragged Ilhoon up, sending him a punch on the face.  When Ilhoon growling in pain the man come and kick him on the stomach. Fortunately, sirens could be heard anywhere. Ilhoon assumed the police had arrived

“You are surrounded” a police said in a megaphone

“Please surrender” Ilhoon tries to stand up and walks towards Soo Bin however, the man ignore the warning and quickly grabbed the knife not too far from him and stabbed Ilhoon in the back. Soo Bin watched in terror then she saw a wood and grabs it. She hits the man with all the strength she got and the man fell unconscious

“Ilhoon” she cries

“Please be save”

The police started to come in crashing the doors and arrested the unconscious man.

=========

“Am I in heaven?” Ilhoon asked himself. Suddenly a figure appeared behind

“You may think that way my boy” He smiled saintly

“But it’s not your time yet” he added. Ilhoon recognized the man, it was the ajusshi.

“Ajusshi” he froze didn’t know what to say next but his heart fill with guilty

“I know son. But, I’m here to let you know it’s no longer your fault. It was never your fault. I’m gladder that I died instead of you because I would be feeling guilty letting a little boy died when he didn’t even get the chance to explore the world” He said patting Ilhoon’s shoulder.

“Now, you grow little older. I’m glad” he smiled then out of nowhere, two voice calling for you.

“Ilhoon-ah”

“Ilhoon”

“It’s time for you to get back where you belong” with that Ilhoon wake up from his sleep and takes a long breathe.

“Ilhoon” Soo Bin called happily and hugs you tightly without bothering the fact his mother was looking. 

“Ouch” He whined in pain because she accidentally touches the stabbed place.

“Opps sorry” she apologized. Then he signal for his mother to come closer and he brushes his mother’s tears away

“Sorry omma for making you worry over me” He pulled her into a hug then the trio hug in a group hug.

====

Weeks passed, somewhere at the memorial vault, Ilhoon is standing at the ajusshi’s

“Ajusshi, I come to see you” he start off

“During my stay in hospital, your wife had come to see me. She apologized what happened. She said that because that you were the usually one that used to make the money and she’s only a housewife that she’s not ready to work. But, when she did get one it stressed her out that she thought to kill herself and causes your son to take it wrong ideas. Don’t worry, she’s stable now and even tell your son the truth. I’m glad now” Ilhoon spoke to the picture as if the ajusshi was listening

“You know what? I haven’t thanked you personally that you forgive me” He smiled gladly then someone intertwine hand to his.

“Come, let’s go” Soo Bin said knowing that’s the end of the conversation and pulls him.

“I will come to see you next time” He bowed and follows by Soo Bin. Then Ilhoon pulls Soo Bin into his arm and the couple walks out happily.

“Guess what I want to eat today?” Soo Bin asked as they walk out the memorial vault.

Tteok, Injeolmi

“Let me guess... Okay I know what. Let’s get them” Ilhoon teased

“Yah! Are you sure you know what?”