i

A Consequence

 

 

 

 

 

He watches his ticking wrist watch once again. The look on his face slowly changes as he realizes the time has come. The bride will come down the aisle, with a smile curving on her pink lips. He straightens up his body, tapping every invisible dust sticking on his tux. He smiles, trying to bury his true feelings, swallow every single word, and shows the world his charming smile. This is what’s called as a consequence.

 

 

Sehun waits in front of her house, he sighs at every single minute passes, Suzy is not yet done. He huffs his bangs and takes a deep breath as a female figure comes up to him. She lets out a grin while muttering loads of apology. But Sehun can never get angry at her because every time she makes mistakes, he just lets it go, whole-heartedly. Because he is simply head over heels, turning upside down for her.

She gets prettier every time he sees her, he doesn’t know why. Her smile gets wider and sincerer, her gaze gets more intense, her personality gets finer, and her appearance gets a little organized. He bets Suzy puts some thoughts on what she’ll be wearing today because she has changed from she was before. She was not like this, she didn’t know what fashion was, she didn’t know how to put on mascara, she didn’t like wearing skirts, and she was the boyish type. Sehun doesn’t know what is happening, because she might have her own reason. Nevertheless, he loves it so far.

“Hey, what did you put on your lips?” he teases her. “It looks so glossy.”

“Ah, this is lipgloss. Do I look good?”

“You look like you ate dozens of oily French fries! Hahaha.”

She just smiles, nothing more, nothing less. It’s not like the usual Suzy who would pinch his arm lightly and immediately showing signs of tantrum. He furrows his eyebrow, she is weird but he still loves her. He loves her more than a friend would, he feels something erupting inside. He has it big, rounded up in his heart. But he is a coward, for burying the feeling inside the deepest of his heart. He is too scared for the friendship to get ruined. Sehun doesn’t want it.

 

 

Suzy is been learning how to put on make-up ever since she feels the throbbing heart every time she stares at his brown eyes. She wants to look beautiful, she wants him to think of her as a woman. She hopes he would somehow falls in love with her, like how she does with him. A chuckle breaks out from his lips, she turns her head to see what he is laughing at. But she is confused as she finds nothing is worth the laugh. She just walks it off.

When he puts his hands around her shoulder, she finds it electrifying as it is happening now. They’re in their favorite café in town, Amor, sipping their favorite smoothies down their throats. Even though she is unable to count just how many times he has his arms around her shoulders, this time she feels different. It’s like her heart is going to burst from the overrun beats of her heart. The way he sings word to word with his pink lips mesmerizes her. She is complacent.

“Oh and that senior guy who’s been asking me your number, I met him this afternoon.”

“Really? You didn’t give it right?”

“I did, that’s why I called you over. It was to tell you this.” he sips his mango smoothie once again. “Have you gotten any weird messages?”

“I haven’t.” she shrugs.

She feels her heart drops a little hearing his confession. She knows the senior guy he meant, it was Kai. He has been chasing her these days, been pleading to her best friend, Sehun, her number. Suzy has no interest in any guy except for Sehun, that’s why she doesn’t like him to have her number. He’ll just be an interferer in her life.