Chapter 1

Movie Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I’m sorry, I won’t make it for tonight. There’s a traffic jam, because of the storm.”

 

You read the text and sighed. Your best friend just cancelled your movie night. For a whole week you had been waiting for today, great. What were you supposed to do now? The rain was falling down against your window and you stared outside. You hoped he would get home safe though. You plopped down on the couch and stared at the blank TV. A knock on the door made you look up. You opened the door and saw your next-door neighbour stand in front of your door.

 

“Hey.” He smiled.

“Hey.” You replied and leaned against your door.

“My mom brought me some food, but there’s way too much. And I was wondering if you would like to eat with me?” He asked you and he looked everywhere except your face.

“Is this an excuse because you’re feeling alone again?” You replied jokingly.

“Dammit, you caught me.” He chuckled.

“Sure, I got nothing else to do.” You closed your apartment door and went to his.

 

 

“Oh, my god! This is delicious! Your mom definitely can cook.” You said as you took another bite from the food his mom had brought.

“Thanks, I’ll tell her you liked it.” He munched on his food. You sighed and he noticed.

“What’s wrong?” he tilted his head to the side.

“Nothing, it’s just my friend was supposed to come over tonight and we were supposed to watch movies together, but he got stuck because of the storm.” You said and looked at your plate.

“That , hope he’s okay though.” Yongguk replied.

“Guess it’s just another lonely night at the apartment.” You poked your food. Yongguk started thinking.

“You know what? Why don’t we hold that movie night?” He suggested, not sure what your answer would be.

“Are you serious?” Your face lit up.

“Yeah, I’m alone too. We can be alone together, or not be alone together.” He laughed at his words.

“Yeah, I would love to! I’ll go grab the DVDs!” You said and happily ran over to your apartment.

 

Yongguk was the boy next door. He could be a sweetheart if he wanted to or a little devil. Sometimes, like today, he would invite you over for food or a little chat and other times he would be annoying as hell, blasting his music at 3AM when you needed to wake up early, changing your sugar to salt on April fool’s day and other pranks. But in the end you really liked him. The both of you took care of each other, because you were living alone. His mom came over weekly to bring him some homemade food, your parents sent you money and visits were kind of rare. The both of you often joked about being alone, but it wasn’t really a joke, you were alone.

 

After a while you came back into his apartment with blankets, a bunch of DVD’s and some snacks. You were laughing and running over to his couch. His eyes widened when he saw you come in with all the stuff. You put everything on the couch and started sorting everything. The pillows were fluffed up, DVDs sorted alphabetically, snacks put ready on the table and the blankets draped on the couch. Yongguk was still eating up the rest of his food and his eyes wandered off to you and he choked on his rice when he saw what you were wearing. You were wearing shorts, a loose shirt, knee socks and your hair was tucked up into a messy bun. He swallowed the rice. ‘This is going to be a long night.’ He thought.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter