Fade Away

Black

It was gloomy again: the dark shade of the sky was hiding the brightful sun,the grey clouds were flying in sync and the soothing voice of the rain pouring down hitting the hard ground was a mantra to live by.Jiyong leaned against his closed window,hands in pockets,his head resting on the window's glass.its touch was cold against his warm skin.

It was one of those days where the weather reflected Jiyong's mood,and truth to be told,it was less painful.At least he wasn't the only one crying,at least he had a companion to ease the pain for him.

Jiyong wasn't crying,at least not literally,but the look in his eyes told another story.a hidden message,an unspoken feeling is eating up his heart,and painting it black.he wasn't sure what was it,but it was unbearable.

he glanced up at the blackish sky,and fixed his gaze on it.Maybe it was him,but he felt as if the sky,had something to say to him.She was trying to communicate with him through his heart,but what can a sky say?

a sudden phone ring broke his chain of deep thoughts.he sighed and held on his phone.he kind of knew who the caller would be,but he wished so bad for it to be someone else.unfortunately,luck wasn't on his side today.

-"Jiyongie!" Yennie squealed with her usual cheerful voice,the voice that felt so uncomprhensible for Jiyong.the latter,tightened his grip on the phone and his dry lips

-"yes,yennie" Jiyong barely spoke,as his voice felt weak.Maybe from too much shouting inside his mind,or maybe his mind itself was playing tricks on him,making him sound delusional.

-"Are you free today?" her voice,to Jiyong,sounded so suspicious.She never calls him unless she has a request.Jiyong meekly nooded,as if she can see him,hearing out her request.

was he being used unconsciously?

The call ended in no time,and Jiyong sighed in relief.He's a man full of doubts and suspicions,even about himself.Does he even have feelings for her? Does his heart have space for her?

Jiyong's hand found its way to his heart.his heartbeat was normal and natural,nothing to wonder about.But Jiyong could feel a heavy knot in his heart,slowly scratching his insides,digging imaginary holes with so much force.What was it?

a knock on the door woken up the sences in Jiyong as a petite girl,with a long blonde hair entered,holding between her slender hands a small tea tray.Jiyong forced a smile at the sight of his best friend,Dara.

-"I made some tea for you,Ji" Dara smiled as she put the tray on his desk,and stood still in her place.Jiyong nooded,as if he's thanking her through that small gesture.He's a man with few words,or at least he became one,now.

Jiyong walked to his bed and tapped the space next to him,motioning for dara to come sit down,and She obeyed.with hesitant steps,she sat next to him,driffting her gaze to his sombre face.

there were some moments of silence before Jiyong broke it.

-"yennie invited me to her house,saying they have a family dinner tonight" He started,not so sure about his words,and dara could only nod.Not that she had nothing to say, she just knew how much Jiyong hates unecessary talk.

He suddenly rested his head on Dara's shoulder,taking the blonde girl by surprise,but she smiled upon seeing his sleeping sight.Whenever Jiyong got mentally tired,he would just sleep,trying to get rid of the heavy weight stuck in his heart.It wasn't a want anymore,It became a need.He needs to take off this heavy feeling that's burdening him.

the comforting feeling Jiyong was enjoying was interrupted by the vibrating of his phone inside his pocket,indicating a new text message.

He sighed in irritation,and read the message with a stoic expression.he threw his phone away and stood up,running a hand through his hair.

Dara noticed the bothersome and hurt in Jiyong and gently held his cold hand,trying to ease his pain.he calmed down a bit as he held on her hand too,interwining their fingers together.But even with Dara's presence and her comforting gestures,the pain didn't go away,as it fitted there,in his heart.It cured the small scars,but the huge serious bruises were still there.

He let go of her hand smoothly,took his black jacket from his wardrobe, and left the room with no words spoken.

He rode his white lamborghini to Yennie's house,driving fast,since she told him not to be late in her text message.But Jiyong felt the need to go there is more than necessary.a feeling inside him urged him that he'll find the source of his misery there.

He parked his car in front of the house,held out a black umbrella and walked to her house.

He knocked on the door and waited for someone to open it.As he was waiting,the sight of his white car caught his attention.It wasn't the first time seeing it,most definitely not,but he found it funny how the color of his car didn't match at all the aura Jiyong always had.As if this car is one of those many tools Jiyong uses to create a barrier around himself.the real him.

the door opened,revealing the smiling Yennie,wearing a cherry red dress with a black waistline,that went just above her knees.she gave a light hug that felt so empty and plain to Jiyong.there was no sign of love in that small embrace.

She broke the hug and motioned for Jiyong to enter.He forcibly did,and although this wasn't the first time he came here,the house felt foreign in his eyes.Like he has never been here before.

There, in the dining room,he could see a huge long table with different plates and dishes all set and ready to be eaten.around it,were her parents wearing their billion dollar smile,her three little siblings with their proper clothes playing with each other and an other figure Jiyong couldn't recognize.He didn't even bother to ask who was it,since his mind was occupied with other stuff.

He sat next to Yennie,as the mysterious figure sat opposite him,and took the opportunity to check out the stranger who looked incredibly similiar to him.was he hallucinating?

-"ah,by the way,Jiyongie honey,this is my friend 'Song Mino',I invited him so we can all get along" Yennie uttered casually,with the same tone in her voice that Jiyong grew to hate.

He looked up at the Mino guy again,with his soulless piercing eyes,not really carring what relationship he has with Yennie.Yennie,who is supposed to be his girlfriend.

-"yah,Jiyongie,no need to glare at Mino-ah,you know you're the only guy in my life" Yennie ressured Jiyong with  her winning smile,caressing his arm. 

that tone again.It wasn't fake,it wasn't hatefull, it was more like..Cold.Her words felt so cold.those words that were nothing but lies.Red lies,just like her red lips.

Yennie's parents smiled contently at their daughter's confession,while the trio-siblings snickered,but Mino faked a smile,and anyone could notice the slight hurt in his eyes.It was obvious that he had feelings for Yennie.

Jiyong,on the other hand,felt burdened by her words.he should feel overjoyed with her cute confession,but it felt wrong for him.It felt as if Yennie mistook him for an other guy,as if she was adressing to an other person,as if this love they shared,was,from the whole beginning,a big Misunderstanding.

But why didn't this surprise Jiyong?

The dinner went smoothly,with her parents chatting here and there,but it was mostly Mino who was talking,and teasing Yennie every now and then.

Seeing your girlfriend having fun with an other guy,should make your blood boil in anger and jealousy.But Jiyong was an exception.He felt nothing.Nothing at all.Not even a tint of jealousy was shown inside or out.

Dinner ended soon and the couple were left alone.

Yennie suggested to have a walk in their garden.she held  Jiyong's arm tightly,swaying her head left and right.

-"It's a beautiful night,isn't it?" Yennie started a conversation,hoping that her laconic boyfriend would say something back.

Silence came back in the background and yennie rolled her eyes in irritation.She hated the silence that came from him.It was neither comfortable or soothing.that's why she has always felt bored with his presence.

The awkward silence was interrupted by Mino,whom Yennie cheered up upon seeing his sight.he waved at their way and approached them.Jiyong didn't even spare him a look,he had a world of his own.

-"Hey,can I join you guys?" Mino asked politely,with his usual eye-smile that can make any girl fall for him.Of course,Yennie agreed with a geniune smile,since she got bored with jiyong and his deadly-calm character.

Mino smiled back at her,and looked up at Jiyong,waiting for any kind of response from him,but as soon as their eyes met,Jiyong walked away,leaving the new born lovers alone.He just had to clear his mind a bit,too many things playing with his senses that have been messing with his heart.

His black heart was still badly bruised,and nothing seemed to cure him,not even his girlfriend.

At the end,he was left alone.He was always alone anyway,all this while,he's been playing his role perfectly,and now,it's time to end this play.

He's been a shadow,a shadow created from the light,called her.

Jiyong sat on the soaked grass,with his head hang low.step by step,he's answering his own questions.

He knew this place had all the answers ready,he just had to know where they were hidden.

Jiyong clutched on the black locks of his hair.He was sad,depressed,confused,betrayed,deceived.Agony was eating him up,alive.

He abruptly stood up,furious than ever.he angrily stomped on the wet grass and stormed into the house,Only to witness something that had finally cleared his blurry vision.

the look-like-him Mino was passionately kissing his so-called girlfriend.and the latter seemed to enjoy it.a lot.

there,were all the answers to his questions.

Did he love her?

No

Did he care for her?

No

Did she even have a small space occupied in his heart?

No

She was nothing but a long lost memory of the present.

Ever since he met her,his life became series of hills and hardships.

Meeting her was meant to be,but it was a huge misuderstanding.

Misunderstanding is always the cause of pain.

they were both different,each one living in a seperate world other than love. they were Black,and white.The colors simply don't mesh.their language doesn't consort.

All this while she was cunning him.He had so much hope for this relationship,yet he grew disappointed.

Hope is the parent of disappointement and dispair.

and tonight,with the moonlight as a witness,he'll fade away.This is his last confession.

Jiyong ran out of the house,as fast as he can.He just had to run,to escape and leave all this torture he's been living under her light.

This night,he'll go back to where he belongs, to where it all started,to the way he came from,Black.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inspired by G.Dragon-Black,the most beautiful song I've listened to.

Thank you for reading