Chapter 1

My fair lady

Mirai POV

Yamada: Hey! This is like the nth time you cancel our date. I'm the busy one and here I'm making time for you and you have no time for me!

Mirai: oh please, I told you it can't be helped. I've no choice. it's my mum who is insisting. you should know how much I missed you and want to go out on a date with you instead of watching you on tv!

yamada: I can't feel how much you love me when you concede defeat from your mum that easily. 

Mirai: hey! you have only yourself to blame! if you weren't a celebrity who is loved by millions of people, my mum won't be acting this way! 

Yamada: So you're blaming it on me now?! so my job is getting in your way?

Mirai: It's not me, it's my mum! which part of my mum do you not get it!

Yamada: Whatever! I yearn for abit of love from my girlfriend so I can distract myself from all the stress but it seems like you're making things much more difficult for me! my fans probably understand me even better than you!

Mirai: You are a childish ! How many times do I have to say I didn't want it like this. sometimes I have to agree with my mum that it's impossible to date a celebrity! you guys are so lacking in security... Look, we have dated for a year now and how many times have we quarreled over stupid things like this which other average couples don't encounter as much! 

Yamada: Fine, so I'm immature. anyone in my position will be pissed when their girlfriend kept breaking promises! and now you're comparing me with other dudes out there. Fine! 

Tears are welling up in my eyes. I wanted him to stop yelling, I wanted to stop quarreling and go back into his embrace... but damn, this quarrel became more heated by the second. 

Mirai: Fine with me. ( I'm choking on my tears) 

Yamada noticed that I'm going to cry any moment and I guess he feel the fatigue as well so soothed his tone in case things get nasty and regrettable damage incurred. "no date then~I lost to the both of you. *sigh it's a rough night, let's just go home and rest."

I wiped a fallen tear and he saw it. I can tell he felt remorse and wanted to come forth to give me a bear hug but after a heated argument, that's not really possible. at least I feel his ego doesn't allow it.

I turned and left first. I saw him leaving after my back faced him. he slouched and I felt sorry. 

"Ryosuke, I tried. I did. But my mum, she doesn't believe in her child dating a celebrity because of all the uncertainties and challenges couples like us have to face. And I can't blame it on her for her paranoia since  everyone knows how short relationships last for celebrities. News of breakup comes everyday. everytime the both of us quarrel, I start to believe in the validity of my mum's words. but I held on because I know you are different. we knew each other since young;you are sweet, lovely, kind and the list goes on. we may quarrel alot but everytime you come back with more love! I know you've done alot for me, and I know especially this period, things are very rough for you at work with all the solo schedules and all... but it's my mum, I can't ignore her. please believe that I'll fight against her arrangements okay!" I thought to myself though I know perfectly that these should be the words I have said just now. *sigh

 

Yamada POV

Chinen: heh? yamachan! aren't you supposed to be dining with Mirai-chan. why are you here?

"Chinen~" I feel so hurt that I went up and hugged my best buddy, Chinen! 

"Ah~ yamachan... you can tell me about it... you know I'm always here to help." chinen is always showering me with brotherly love. I don't have a brother at home so we basically treat each other as close as blood-related brothers.

I told chinen almost everything that happened just now. I feel so much better letting it out.

He patted my back and said "Yamachan, I think it is normal for them to feel this way. and it's not that you haven't done enough but it is common for them to feel a lack of security dating a celebrity. this lack of security and the challenges come as a package for dating a celebrity. none of you are at fault."

"really? I'm so scared that we're going to be over just like that. I thought I went overboard with those words when I saw her cry and I did nothing"

"haha, don't worry. tomorrow is a new day. anyway yamachan, you are always able to make up with her in the end isn't it. it's the same this time," Chinen reassured me.  he's so good at comforting people and he knows me so well, that's why I was always thankful to have known him.

Hmm... what should I do to make up with her? 

 

Mirai POV

Mirai: Mum stop dragging me like a child. I know how to walk there myself!

Mum: if I don't do that, you'll probably run away.

Mirai: may I ask Where am I supposed to run to? thanks to you, Ryosuke and I are having a Cold War or WWIII... so At least you can be sure I won't run to his side. 

I gave her a peeved face when she smirked. she is so evil. He's such a nice guy who gives her frequent treats and is polite to her regardless of how she sees him and yet she sees nothing in him. Excuse me mum, He's near perfection and if I don't want it, there's millions of other girls who will die to get him. 

 

The entrance says relationship workshop - Know the Right Guy for You ( females ONLY) ...

 

My heart immediately questions "Who are you to tell me who is the right guy for me? this is such a stupid, meaningless workshop"

By the way, my mum organized it. I expect her to plant alot of traps to make me realize some sort of a conspiracy theory in my amazing relationship with Ryosuke.

I entered and my mum got me to settle down in one of the seats at the back. Well, something to cheer about cause even if I fall asleep during the workshop, no one will realize.

It wasn't even 10minutes into the workshop and the speaker is already chanting me to sleep... "the guy should be in the same socioeconomic level as you are. the wider the gap, the more incompatible you will be" I giggled, "hmm really, I feel perfectly fine with Ryosuke. In fact we've been friends like forever! how do you explain that," I thought in my brain.

The lady beside me agrees too. She was giggling and mumbling in sacarsm "Ya right. Full of bull."

I know it's not nice to stare but I was curious about this like-minded lady. I thought we're the only two wise ones here yet to be brainwashed by this stupid theory. I quietly looked at her and I was dumbfounded at how charming she looked. Her side profile alone is already dazzling. Her hair is so well combed as well. There's something about her that makes her oddly familiar. while I'm sure I don't know her but I thought I've seen her somewhere. and there's this something about her that is strange but I can't really tell what's wrong. hmm, she is more build that typical girls, her shoulder is a lot broader than mine. hmm perhaps she goes to the gym. Well, it's amazing why she needs to sit through this talk, since I am pretty sure with her beauty, she should already be in a relationship. Maybe her mum dragged her here too. I giggled at the thought of this possibility. She turned. Oh no, I offended her.

"Miss, what's so funny?" she said.

"heh? opps I'm just thinking about something," I was stunned by her face features again. Hmm, seriously, where have I seen her before'?

"I hope it's not about me, cause if it is, I'll really pull out your hair," *gulped... With her muscles, I'll really get ripped apart. "Oh, er, no, of course it's not about you," I tried to mask my lie.

"Have I seen you before" I couldn't control my curiosity. It's bothering me.

She came closer and I thought she's going to hit me. *gulped 

"Interesting? Do I really look familiar to you? I don't recall you at all, maybe you can take a good look at me," she said. Omg is she intimidating me? I think she's getting me to stare and then use this reason to punch me . I better not fall into her plot. She's a devil in an angel disguise. scary!

"ah, I think I mistaken. sorry," I quickly turned back to face the speaker before she does anything more. I thought I heard her say "Baka" but Even so I am in no position to fight it out with her. hmm, looking on the good side, she makes time passed faster than I thought.

it's time for group discussion!

 

, the time has come for me to face the music. I'm sure my mum will get others to convince me my choice is wrong!

Besides me, my mum and 3 other elder woman, the lady beside me is also in our group. 

"Hi all, I'm Minami Megu" the lady said. 

"HUH?" I blurted out. 

"Is there anything wrong?" she asked

"ah no~no. It's a nice name," I buried myself in my hair, avoiding her stare at all cost. I couldn't help it you see. Minami Megu is the name of the female lead in Tantei Gakeun Q isn't it. Haha. Can't believe it is so coincidental that the name is used by this lady. 

Elder lady number 1 said: Let's start with Mirai-san.

"ah~hai" there's no need to argue here, my mum planned it, I will have to be interogated anyway.

We heard from your mum that you are dating someone you shouldn't be dating. 

I thought to myself (Erm, I disagree. He is a human as well, so I don't think it is right to say I shouldn't be dating him.)

Don't interrupt girl. What do you mean he is a human? That's rude of you.

"I'm sorry, but~"

You know, your mum told us everything. She is worried about you. You heard what the speaker said. Your circumstances are the ideal example. You think you are good for him? There are so many people out there, models, celebrities, rich girls who match him better than you.

(Ouch! I know that, you people don't have to spell it out. My heart is starting to ache.)

Both of you are probably drowned by a passing infatuation. You need to know where you stand dear. If you don't know, you will bound to be hurt later when he decides to ditch you. He has many choices for him, but you don't. Your mum is here to protect you and teach you when she can. Treasure what your mum did for you.

"No, NO. You people don't get it. We love each other. ~~ Or at least I really do. It is not a passing infatuation. DEFINITELY NOT. And I certainly know my position. I know I am not as good as the other girls, but I am not going to deceive myself because I really love him" I raised my voice. My tears are rolling down. I quickly wiped it away.

Mirai! How dare you shout at these wonderful elders who are helping me get some sense into your head. Apologise now!

"I'm~I'm" I am choking on my tears. I wished Ryosuke was here to help me out. I wished I could bury myself on his chest right now! How should I face this?

Megu: Erm, sorry to interrupt. But what is wrong with this fine young lady here? All of you think she is flawed in some way? But I can tell you what I think. She is beautiful the way she is; inner beauty, external beauty. Can't any of you see it?

She is the last person I expect to speak out for me. She was so fierce just now, but now she's praising me like I'm an angel or some sort. She is almost a stranger to me and yet she says so much good stuff about me, but these elders and my mum put me down like I am some ugly pig. I am so touched, I turned to look at her. My tears clouded my view of her but I am mesmerised by her rooting for me.

You know nothing, young lady!

"ALL OF YOU! How can you scream at her. It's my issue here so don't drag others into it. She is just speaking up for me." I finally broke down in buckets of tears. i cried and cried and soon everyone in the hall was looking.

"Megu-san, arigatou. Honto arigatou~"  I tried to make out these words as I contiued sobbing nonstop. He looked at me and i thought it seemed that he wanted to stop my tears. 

"Mum~mum...I know I am going to be hurt anytime, but just let me face my own music. Please. I don't wanna give him up just like that. It hurts me more to leave him this way. At least I tried till the end. I want to fight it on. Mum, I appreciate you stay by my side and cheer me on, but please don't tell me to give up. Yamada Ryosuke is a pop celebrity no doubt, but the guy I am dating, he is not the Ryosuke who performs on stage, he is my friend, my long time friend. We understand each other, we quarrel, we laugh, we enjoy every moment. And if ever we are going to inflict harm on to each other, it is my decision, and it will still be a wonderful memory for us both." I wiped my overflowing tears and ran out of the hall, dying of the embarrasment. But at least I said my piece. 

I ran and ran until someone grabbed me forcefully from behind. I turned and saw Minami Megu standing before me.

"Why did you come after me? This is none of your business," I was confused by her concern.

"Listen...Mirai-chan, you said what I wanted to. You spoke my mind. Thank you for everything. Now I am more determined to protect the girl I loved," she said to me.

"Huh? the girl you loved? is this a joke? you are a lesbian? I don't mean to laugh at you but if you meant it as a joke, sorry this is not the time..." I temporarily controlled my tears until...

"I told you to take a good look at me didn't I," she insisted

"Why should I? I am not in the mood now...You are creeping me out" I answered frustratedly.

She brought her palms and secured my face so I look directly into his eyes. "I want you to look"

She really has a great force so I could only obeyed given that I am really feeling tired from the whole episode just now. The more I looked, the more I think she looks familiar. Her palms that is now on my face, that touch, gives me a tingling feeling that radiates my cheeks. Why am I feeling that for a girl. I think very hard very very hard to recall where I have seen her. My eyes grew heavy so I started staring downwards...Her jaws....Her neck.... (wow, her neck is rather thick for a girl)...wait wait a minute....

Her neck.... has the same exact moles....at the same exact spots.... How can it be.... Minami Megu happened to be the character with Amakusa Ryuu in Tantei Gakeun and Ryuu is ....Omggggg nooo wayyyy..... the lady who chatted with me and I thought is intimidating me....the lady who spoke up for me....the lady who ran after me and is now cubbing my face with her hands....

"RYOSUKE!!" I threw myself onto his body. The impact caused him to back a few steps but he held me tightly. I tightened my hug, afraid to let go.. I just want to rely on him, lay on him for the moment. I was so touched by what he did... CROSSDRESS to accompany me?! THAT's THE SWEETEST THING ANYONE WILL EVER DO FOR ME! 

"Mirai-chan... I'm suffocating dear...." I loosen my grip and pull apart slightly and looked into his eyes.

"Ryosuke~I'm sorry." I said.

"You should be.. I told you I am always there for you.. didn't I promise?" he said cheekily.

"yes, you did. Thank you really thank you." I smiled.

He cupped my face again and wiped all my tears from my cheeks and eyes... 

"Baka...my disguise must be so good that you took so long to recognise me" I laughed.

"Your smile is so pretty. I mean what I said just now. You are the best for me. I don't know what holds for us in the future, but I promise you that at least I won't betray you... I will do all I can to protect you from any harm, and that includes the harm from me. I won't allow anyone to hurt you, including me," he smiled sweetly to me. 

"Sorry for making you cry," he added.

I looked intensely into his eyes and I went closer to him...I crashed my lips on his, and I think I caught him by surprise. He responded with a more intense kiss. He pushed his tongue into mine and carefully explored my mouth so he won't hurt me. The kiss was irresistible.. My hand caressed his hair as the kiss grew hotter (he removed his wig when he revealed his identity) and slowly I tugged my hands nicely behind his back. A tight embrace with the kiss from my beloved brought us closer to a whole new level. I feel secured with him...always am.

At the corner of my eyes, I saw my mum. She smiled and I knew at once what she is thinking.

Ryosuke, finally back into his own proper outfit, piggybacked me back home.

"Ryochan~" I rest my head nicely on his shoulder. I can see his chest beneath his clothes. /shy/

"nani, Mirai-sama?"

"You know, you look so pretty today..." I confessed.

"ah ha.. Mirai-sama, you fell for a female Ryosuke" he giggled.

"Yes I did. As long as it is you, I can't help but fall madly in love" I responded with a tighter grip around his neck.

"Don't worry. I am yours" he turned his head and gave me a peck on my lips.

....

"Mirai-chan... Just to let you know, Chinen helped me with the disguise." he confessed.

"haha I figured it. If he is not a celebrity, he will make a good makeup artiste" I told him.

We both laughed.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------