Part III (FINAL)

Almost (Is Never Enough)

"Wow"

The only word that came out of my mouth as I stared blankly at Kai. His eyes were more than physically tired. 

"You're a father?" Kris scoffed, still holding onto my hand as we conversed with Kai, "How old are you?"

A week later after my heart was literaly torn at the news that Jongin had just gotten into a relationship, a few days after we kissed; a girl in his dance class felt the need to tell me things.

I didn't know that girl back then. Somehow she got my kakao and began telling me these things about Kim Jongin.

He was a player with only one thing on his mind. That's why he didn't care that I was that bit older to him, because apparently, all girls were the same to him - an opportunity to pounce.

"He's old enough to have already graduated last semester" I answered Kris' question, as Kai looked down with a sense of shame,

"My girlfriend, back then" Kai took a deep breath, "She's the mother"

"Kids these days" My Boyfriend was ready to continue our path to the scheduled meeting, taking me by the wrist, but I stood firm, not wanting to leave yet

"How's you dance career then?" I asked, genuinely concerned.

It was weird to see how much the tables had turned- all because of a broken heart. Two years ago, I thought I lost it all when I didn't catch him on time. But now, I'm glad I didn't.

"It's hard to study when you've got a kid" Jongin chuckled before getting serious again, "Let alone travel for dancing"

I wanted to give him a hug. Maybe I could pass on some of my 'good luck'? But I didn't want Kris to get mad or anything since I've kept him here waiting for a while.

"Have you ever heard the saying 'maybe it wasn't meant to be'?" Kris added back to the conversation, looking to Kai,

"But dancing is my life, my passion"

Kai truly meant it, with the look in his dainty eyes. He didn't look like he had the energy, but the love for dance was still burning inside of him.

"Maybe it was meant to be" I gave Kai a light touch on his arm, "Maybe you almost had it, but almost wasn't enough"

What I just said reminded me of what happened with him. I wanted and should've told him that. 

We were almost something. Dating. Official.  A couple.

But almost wasn't enough.

"Like... us?"

Kai had the courage to say it, as if he was thinking the same way I was. 

Kris' hold of my hand got even tighter with those words. Finally getting a sense of who Kai was to me.

Except Kai wasn't the one I almost dated. It was Jongin.

I couldn't find a way to respond as his eyes tried to connect with mine. Actually, there was no other way to continue it either. Everything that needed to be said - had been said.

I simply nodded before sighing contentedly, realising the minutes that had gone by. It was like a blast of the past, and the present was reminding us that the future was ahead.

"It was nice seeing you" I ended the conversation, with Kris glad of it as he cheered beneath his breath,

It was as if Kai accepted the fact that this was life now, as a genuine smile finally formed on his face, looking down before giving Kris and I one last gaze,

"Don't let her slip away" 

Stepping away from the small fleet of stairs to the side so we could finally get into the hall, Kai sharpened his eyes to Kris before chuckling, easing the confusion shown clear on my boyfriend's face. 

"Let's go get you a job!" Kris pointed ahead, successfully taking me with him, leaving Kim Jongin behind.


doneeeee!

sorry it took so long! I'm currently undergoing exams till Nov. 6th hahahaha but I'm still writing aghhhh  . tsk!

anywho, thanks for reading ^^