True

True

“2 years ago, Jessica sang Almost. Now, you’re singing Almost is Never Enough,” Heechul looked at Taeyeon with a stern look.

“Tiffany recommended that song on her UFO, okay?”

“Lies. Lies. Lies.” Kangin shook his head, feeling sad for the younger girl.

“Even if it relates, the only part I sang was And we can deny it as much as we want, but in time our feelings will show. 'Cause sooner or later, we'll wonder why we gave up’. I didn’t sing ‘Almost, almost is never enough’. It’s different!” Taeyeon explained herself.

Heechul smirked at Taeyeon, “That explains it. In time, our feelings will show. Checked. Since you’ve saw her in the park where she wasn’t even there at all. ‘Cause sooner or later, we’ll wonder why we gave up.  Checked.”

“Ah, I get what you mean Heechul.” Kangin nods in agreement.

“What’s left is, oh, that’s the only part you sang,” He took out his phone and start searching for the rest of the lyrics to the song. “This sentence is good for you. Let’s just take it as my advice, okay? TRY to deny it as MUCH as you want, but in time, YOUR feelings will show.” Emphasizing the words he wanted to tell the stubborn girl.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes and buried her face in her hands. “We gotta go Taeyeon, lots and lots of fans are crowding the shop. We don’t wanna cause unnecessary troubles, right?”

Taeyeon, Heechul and Kangin parted after the fans started rolling in the shop. It was so noisy the three of them didn’t get to bid goodbye. Taeyeon was so engrossed with her thoughts, she shuts down herself from the surroundings. She stayed like that for a while, until she received a text from Heechul.

Before you feel like giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long. Never give up on something you can’t go a day without. -Heechul

She stared at the message, till the backlight becomes dimmer, till it goes dark, till her phone locks itself.

“Sica never gave up on me. I was the one running away from her all the time. She smiled at me, she tapped at me, and she’d come close to me, she’d… she’d…” Taeyeon slams the steering wheel of her car. “It was me all along, I was being selfish. I was being selfless for my own good. I’m sorry Sica. I’m sorry.

Thanks Oppa. Thanks for the words. I’ll do what I can do from now onwords. Thanks again. –Taeyeon

The clock strikes 7pm as she drove off.

 


 

“Sica unnie! Your phone! You have a text message!” Yoona pokes her head into the bathroom and yelled at Jessica.

“Yah! Can’t you see I’m bathing here? Help me reply the text if it’s urgent.”

Yoona’s eyes gleamed as soon as she saw who had sent the text message. “Jessica Jung Sooyeon, this is very urgent. GET YOUR HERE NOW!”

Jessica feeling annoyed, wrapped herself with her towel and comes out of the bathroom. 5 girls, Yoona, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, Sunny and Yuri was staring at her with eyes so big, smile so wide, it send her eerie feelings.

“What?!”

“You should read this.” Yoona handed the phone over to Jessica.

Meet me at the park at 7.57pm sharp. Don’t be late. –Taeyeon.

“It’s just a text message asking me to meet up with her. What’s the fuss?”

“Taeyeon never texts, Sica.” Sunny said calmy.

“She texts Heechul though,” Yuri answered absentmindedly but got slapped hard on the arm by both Sooyoung and Yoona.

“It’s 7.30pm now, GO GET READY!!” shouted Hyoyeon.

“You guys are nuts. I –“

All 5 of them pushed her back to the bathroom before she could continue her sentences.

“Okay, so now Sica’s continuing her job. We need to get her ready as fast as possible, so she wouldn’t be late.” Suggested Sooyoung.

“But which park? That pabo only said ‘the park’, which park? Olympic Park? Park Chanyeol?” questioned Yuri.

Again, she got slapped on the arm by Yoona. “Pabo! It’s got to be the park where everything happened for them!” Yoona explained.

“Oh. So who’s going to drive? It’s at least an hour drive from our apartment. And it’s 7.30pm now, we’ll definitely meet up with traffic.” Asked the frustrated Sunny.

“Let me drive then.”

“No! No! No! Not you!!”

“So you would rather jeopardise our Taengsic?”

“FINE! SICA!!!!!!”

 


 

“It’s 7.45pm now, Fany. I don’t think she’ll come.”

“You’re giving up too early Tae-tae. Don’t give up. Promise me that. Plus, it’s only 7.45pm not 7.55pm. Who asked you to set such awkward timing, 7.57pm.” she giggled at the elder’s choice. “She’ll be here, trust me.”

10 minutes have passed, but no sign of Jessica. Taeyeon started to worry. Worry that she might not come, worry that she might let it go since she’s always being ignored.

“She’s not coming Fany. I knew it.”

“Tae—“

“I knew it. I was blind to let her go. I was blind to shut myself from her. I was stupid enough to let my fears take over me. Maybe if I just stopped running away. Maybe if we just talked it out. Maybe if we were brave enough. Maybe if I were to interact more instead of just side glances and stolen glances. Maybe if I respond when she tapped at me. Maybe if I smiled when she smiled at me. I’ve nothing left to lose after losing her. There’s nothing I can take. But now it’s too late. I tried to understand where we were wrong, and I’ve realized that it wasn’t me, it wasn’t her. I’m… I’m just stupid enough to convince myself to give up. I gave up too soon. I gave up. She’s never coming back. I’m too late…”

“If I could change the world overnight, there’d be no such thing as goodbye. You’d be standing right where you were, and we’d get the chance we deserve.”

Taeyeon turned to the direction of the familiar voice, and found herself staring at someone she thought she might never have, anymore.

Jessica slowly walks closer to Taeyeon, but Taeyeon felt an urge to leave. No, she told herself, if I leave now, there’ll be no more tomorrow. I’ll live a life full of regrets. I don’t want to live in hell everyday even though it felt like a short break to heaven when I see her.

Taeyeon got impatient, it seems like Jessica would take forever to come to her side. She moved.

“Sica… I... I’m sorry… I…”

Jessica placed her index finger on Taeyeon’s lips, stopping her from saying anything more.

“Jessica, I…”

A sonic boom suddenly fills the sky and shakes the ground like a mini earthquake. Jessica was startled at the sudden commotion. Taeyeon brought Jessica closer to her embrace, knowing the similar warmth she was longing for all these while, she felt safe. She snuggles closer to Taeyeon. Taeyeon gave a small peck on Jessica’s cheeks.

“Impeccable timing Seohyun!” Tiffany talked into the walkie talkie.

“Thanks Unnie!” chuckled Seohyun.

Tiffany turned behind her to see 4 nauseatic girls behind her, “I’m guessing Hyoyeon drove right?”

“Let’s skip the talking and enjoy what we have tonight, shall we?” smiled Hyoyeon.

The finale is the best, it’s so loud, and both Taeyeon and Jessica felt like they’ve been standing in front of an amp for a while. It felt like they might never get their hearing back. But as long as they’re together, no matter dumb or deaf, they’ll still love each other.

“I love you, Sica.”

“I love you too, Taengoo~”

 

 

 

 

Author's Note: How I wish Taengsic will be together like this. It's delusional, I know. Everyone wants a Happy Ending. So, here is my Taengsic Happy Ending. Hope y'all love my sequel to my Taengsic FF. Please do comment, would love to read your feedbacks, so I can improve and write more FF in the future. :)