Why So Worried?

Why So Worried?

 

Sungyeol's POV
 
Please say your message after the tone. Beep. 
 
ARGH! MYUNGSOO-AH! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?! WHY AREN'T YOU ANSWERING THE GODDAMN PHONE!
 
I threw the useless phone away. I sat on my bed, frustrated. Why? Because my crus..i mean, best friend is missing. Missing for two weeks already! Every call I made, the stupid answering machine will answer back. Myungsoo-ah! Where the hell are you?! Argh! I'm going crazy!
 
Myungsoo's POV
 
25 missed calls
 
I was surprised to see my phone with so many missed calls. Sungyeol, sungyeol, sungyeol ...appa?! My anger boiled seeing his name. He doesn't deserve to be a father! I deleted his contact and calm myself down. I hate him! I hate that man! That man who took away Umma!
 
Flashback (7 years old)
 
"Umma! Kaja, let's go now!" I whined to my beautiful umma who is also my best friend.
 
"Ppali umma!" Sungyeol, my childhood best friend, whined together with me. Yes, he called my mother Umma because we are very close to each other that his mom will always bring him over here to play while Umma and his mother work. I also call his mother Umma. She's my second Umma, but nobody replaces my beautiful Umma. Hehe.
 
"Arasso, arasso," Umma flashed her beautiful pearl white teeth at us. We smiled and held her hands as she bring us towards the water theme park. I got excited looking at all the water rides. I pulled Umma and Sungyeol towards the water slide. I look at Umma and see her smiling. Her smile always seem to brighten me up. 
 
The three of us had a lot of fun. Sungyeol and I splashed each other while Umma sat down and relax herself. We were having a lot of fun running around until a scary lifeguard came and told us to stop running. Both of us got frightened at how big he is and ran away towards Umma. 
 
Umma who saw everything laughed at us. We pouted and she sighed. The three of us then went for the last ride before going home. Sungyeol had already left since second umma had brought him home. When we reached home, we heard a loud crash. Umma opened the door quickly and run inside. I got scared so I ran upstairs to my bedroom. I heard Umma and Appa shouting loudly. Tears are threatening to roll out. Why is Appa always like this? Why can't Appa be like the other appas out there who is very caring and kind like umma? Why does he come home with a weird-looking bottle on his hand everyday? Why is he always treating Umma this way? There is so many questions in my head.
 
"ANDWAEEEEEEEEEEEE!" I heard Umma scream. I got frightened. I open the door slowly and crept towards the staircase. I peek downstairs and see Umma lying down on the floor, not moving.
 
"UMMA!" I shouted. I ran downstairs, towards Umma. I shook her body but she is still not moving. Blood kept flowing out of her head. Her skin becoming pale and cold. I cried. 
 
"Tsk. Awwh, how sweet. A mother-son moment. Hah!" I heard that man said. I turned my head towards him and kick his leg. Since I am quite little, he doesn't even feel pain. Instead, he kicked me away. I fell on the floor, beside the lifeless umma. My face is wet with the tears and sweat. That man pick me up from the floor and locked me inside the room. I banged the door but he still wouldn't open the door. He went towards me and pushed me on the floor.
 
"If you want to live, you better not tell anyone about this!" He threatened me. I look at him, standing bravely infront of him.
 
"I don't care! I will tell everyone! I will tell the police!" I shouted back. He smirked and kick me. He beat me up and pulled my hair. 
 
"You sure about that, Kim Myungsoo?" I got afraid and said nothing. He smirked and let go of me. "If you spread around what happen, you will get it!" He glared at me before leaving the room. I hugged my legs and lean against the wall in my room. Tears keep rolling out. I hate him! I hate him! I hate him!
 
After a few days, I am alone at home. That man left early in the morning. I got lonely at home eversince Umma died. I decided to call Sungyeol. He came over and immediately hugged me. 
 
"I'm sorry about Umma," he said, looking down. I hugged him back and we cried together inside my room. When he let go, he noticed me with cuts and bruises on my body.
 
"Why you have so many bruises?" He asked worriedly. I really wanted to tell him about that man but I don't want to get hurt. Who knows, he would hurt Sungyeol also. I don't want to lose my another best friend.
 
"Ahh..I fell down the stairs," I lied. The truth is, that man will always come home drunk and beat me up.  Sungyeol doesn't seem to be amused about my reason. He looked at me suspiciously before hugging me again. Phew!
 
After a few minutes, both of us got tired. We decided to sleep while waiting for second umma to come and pick him up in a few hours. We slept side by side, hugging each other.
 
"Sungyeol-ah. Wake up. Your umma is waiting downstairs," I heard that man's voice. I peeked open my eyes and see him trying to wake Sungyeol up. Sungyeol rubbed his tired eyes and look at that man. He frowned when he look at him. Sungyeol has been afraid of that man eversince they met the first time. Sungyeol said that he looks like he is about to eat you anytime. You are right Sungyeol.
 
I brought Sungyeol down and towards second umma's car. Second umma hugged me and pat my head and soon left with Sungyeol. I went inside the house and there stood the man that I hated sitting on the couch smirking at me. He walk towards me and pick me up and went to my room. Again, he starts to beat me up. I wince at the pain but he doesn't stop. Soon, he left and I am left alone again.
 
This goes on for 12 years and still continuing. Sungyeol would visit me sometimes while that man beats me up everytime. I grew tired of him and decided to run away from home. I will not tell anybody about it. Not even Sungyeol. He will be very worried and I don't want that to happen. I packed my stuffs and quickly run away. 
 
End of flashback
 
"Yah! Myungsoo! Stop daydreaming and continue with your work!" The manager shouted. I break away from my thoughts. The manager glared at me and I immediately take a towel and wipe the nearest table. 
 
"Yah, what's wrong with you? You've been dreaming a lot lately," Hoya said. He is another one of the workers here in the Cafe. When I ran away, I accidentally bumped into Hoya and he saw that I was carrying a luggage with me. Immediately, we became close and he actually had a free room, so I live with him now. I am thankful for him.
 
"Oh, nothing," I said and continue with my work.
 
Sungyeol's POV
 
Where is that guy?! Still won't answer the cellphone! AISH! I walk down the streets finding him high and low. I want to find him! I miss hanging out with him! I miss him! WHERE IS HE?!!
After searching going in circles for 4 hours, I gave up. I grew thirsty and went inside a nearby cafe.
 
"Welcome!" A bright young man smiled at me. I smiled back and went to sit to a nearest table since my legs can't take it anymore. I enjoyed the air for a while before a waiter came to take my order. 
 
"What would you like to order?" the waiter asked. 
 
"Caramel Milkshake, please. Thank you..." I look at his nametag, "Woohyun". He smiled and immediately take down my order and walk away. I sigh and thought of Myungsoo. Where did he go? Doesn't he know that I am terribly worried about him? Why didn't he tell me where the hell he is going? I held my shirt at the area where my heart is. My heart hurt seeing him leaving me like that. 
 
"Here you go. One caramel milkshake," Woohyun said, putting the milkshake on the table. He looked at me weirdly since I am still holding my shirt. "Are you okay? You seem to be hurt.." 
 
"I'm fine. Thank you," I said, taking a sip of the milkshake. He shrugged and leave. Again, my thoughts is on Myungsoo. I don't know why but I really want to see him again. I miss looking at his handsome face, his flawless skin. I miss hugging him. I smiled remembering us sleeping together when we were very small. Probably half of my size now. Sigh..Myungsoo-ah. Appear now please.
 
No One's POV
 
"Myungsoo-ah, you see that man over there?" Woohyun asked, pointing at a man whose back is facing them. Myungsoo nodded his head.
 
"You know, he seem to be hurt. He was holding onto his shirt like this," he did exactly what Sungyeol did. "I wonder what happened.."
 
"Hyung, you should stop being a busybody, you know," Myungsoo said. Woohyun pouted.
 
"Wae~~" he whined. Myungsoo rolled his eyes at his hyung. He got used to his hyung doing aegyo. It just doesn't work for him. Myungsoo looked back at the person that his hyung pointed.
He looks familiar... Myungsoo thought. He went closer a bit to catch a glimpse of the person's face. Sungyeol turned around just in time to see Myungsoo looking at him. Both of them gasp loudly causing everybody in the cafe to look at both of them.
 
"Myungsoo" "Sungyeol" They both said in unison.
 
Sungyeol smiled brightly and ran towards Myungsoo. He hugged Myungsoo waiting for him to hug back. As if on cue, Myungsoo hugged back. Sungyeol felt lost at words and kept on crying. He is very happy that he finally found the one he is looking for. The one he misses. The one...he loves. 
 
Myungsoo too felt happy to see Sungyeol after two weeks. Both of them cried on each other's shoulder, making their shirts wet from their tears.
 
"I...I..I miss you..Myungsoo-ah!" Sungyeol said while crying. 
 
"I miss you too, hyung!" Myungsoo said. Both of them did not want to release each other. They wish time would stop so that they could hug longer. Unfortunately, the manager coughed and look at Myungsoo sternly.
 
"Sorry, Sunggyu hyung," Myungsoo said while bowing.
 
"You might want to carry on outside?" The manager said. Myungsoo smiled and bowed one more time and pulled Sungyeol towards the back door. 
 
Outside, they sat together at the bench. Myungsoo told Sungyeol everything that happened. Sungyeol felt anger inside him after listening about Myungsoo's father. That man is a monster! Myungsoo noticed Sungyeol burning up so he calmed him down by hugging him. He too had missed hugging him. Sungyeol hugged back.
 
After spending time with each other for almost 20 minutes, Hoya came out of the door and yelled. "Yo Myungsoo! Come in before the manager burst out!"
 
With that, Myungsoo quickly stood up with his hand holding Sungyeol's. Sungyeol blushed with the contact. Myungsoo quickly ran towards the door, surprising Sungyeol. Sungyeol almost fell down but luckily with his balance, he didn't. 
 
"Oh hyung. You're back! And you too, sir," Sungyeol look at the guy and see that it is the young man that welcomed him earlier.
 
"Yes Sungjong. Where is Sunggyu hyung?" Myungsoo asked the guy named Sungjong.
Sungjong pointed towards the manager room and Myungsoo sighed in relieve. Well, he is safe. Sungyeol giggled at his dongsaeng's cuteness when he panicked.
 
"What?" Myungsoo asked. 
 
"Nothing..it's just..you're cute!" Sungyeol said and pinched Myungsoo's right cheek. Myungsoo pouted and went towards the counter, still with Sungyeol in his hand. 
 
Sungyeol's POV
 
WAAAAAAH! He is still holding my hand! YIPPEE!!!
 
"Who's this?" One guy asked, looking at me. His eyes...umm..ok.
 
"This is Sungyeol. My childhood best friend," Myungsoo said. My heart sank. So he still thinks of me as his childhood best friend. Who am I kidding? He's not gay. Sigh.
 
"Hyung~~~" I look up to see Myungsoo smiling. Sigh, what a wonderful smile.
 
"Nehh?" I answered.
"Let me introduce to you my friends in this cafe," Myungsoo said. I smile at him as my answer.
 
"Hyung, this is Dongwoo," the weird eyes "Woohyun," the one who asked for my order "Sungjong," the bright one "Hoya" the good-looking man that I didn't see before "and the last one is Sunggyu who is the manager," Myungsoo said. 
 
"He's your friend?" I asked. He smiled and nodded his head.
 
"In the cafe, he may act as the manager, but outside, he's our friend," The guy Hoya said. My mouth formed an O. 
 
I then sat quietly at one of the tables and watch them Myungsoo work. Damn, he looks handsome when he wears that uniform. Why didn't I noticed that before? Sometimes, he will look at me and flash a smile. I will smile back and immediately look down to hide my blush.
 
After a long day of work..for Myungsoo, the cafe is close and all of them hang out together at the park, with me of course.
 
"Oh hyung, this is Sungyeol, my childhood best friend," Myungsoo introduced me to Sunggyu. Sunggyu looked at me, then at Myungsoo.
 
"I see. The one you hugged in the cafe. Uh huh.." Sunggyu said. Both of us blushed at what he said. He chuckled and left us alone behind. The rest had went far ahead. So it's just the two of us. It was awkward at first, but slowly we begin talking about random things. 
 
"So, how did you find me?" Myungsoo asked. Thinking about finding him made me stressed up again.
 
"You see...I WALKED AROUND IN CIRCLES ON THE STREET FOR 4 HOURS, DID YOU KNOW THAT?!" I talked loudly. I could see Myungsoo trying to hold his laughter. Seriously, is it funny?
 
"Please don't do that again...you don't know how worried I was...." I said softly this time.
 
He stopped laughing and hugged me. "I'm sorry. I just needed some time to figure things out," he said. I hugged back. 
 
After a few minutes, we pulled back and smile shyly. Well I am. I don't know about him. Then I realised that I had something to say to him. Should I say it now? Or save it? 
 
"Myungsoo-ah...." I started. He look at me straight in the eye. I gulped. Here it goes.
 
"Myungsoo-ah...I...I....." I couldn't say it!
 
"You what hyung?" He asked. Come on Sungyeol! Be a man!
 
"I like you..no wait. Love you..I love you!" I said and immediately look down, avoiding his face. I waited for his answer. There wasn't any answer. I look up again and shock to see that he is gone. My tears rolled down. He..he..doesn't like me back! Stupid me! I sat on the nearest bench. Tears rolled continuously. I'm such an idiot! I hit my forehead with my palm a couple of time before someone stopped me. I look back up to see Myungsoo.
 
"Why are you hitting yourself?" He asked. I turned away.
 
"Awwhhh...Sungyeol is angry. Awwh, I just wanted to buy him a cake and he is angry..i guess I should throw it away?" I heard Myungsoo said. Quickly, I turned around and look at the box on his hands. 
 
"Here!" He gave it to me. I opened it and shock to see what's inside.
 
On top of the cake, it wrote...
 
I love you too Sungyeol <3
 
I look at him, speechless. He smiled and kissed my forehead. With that, we kissed under the bright lamppost. My first kiss, with my first crush, and now my first & last boyfriend.
 
5 weeks later
 
A man, in his mid 50s, had been arrested for murdering his wife and also child abuse. He had kept this a secret for many years until recently his son revealed everything that happened. The man is now being sentenced to death for his punishment....
 
I turn off the television. I'm glad it's finally over for Myungsoo. I look up at him to see a tear fell down. I wiped the tear away and kiss his cheek. Myungsoo look at me and smiled. He cuddled closely to me and he put his head on my chest. I his arm and place my chin on his hair. We stayed like that for a few minutes. He stood up and kissed my lips. We then shared a passionate kiss. 
 
The End.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There you go :)
MyungYeol~~
Thanks for reading :)