Chapter 11

Look at Me

Resting your hands on his arm on your waist, slowly, you pushed his arms away and turned to face him. Searching his eyes, he caught your eyes easily.

“Oppa, Ravi and I…” you paused. You were unsure if it was the right time to tell him the truth.

“Sookyung is my cousin,” Hakyeon spoke.

Your tongue turned numb, your head went blank.

“I know you did all that just to hurt me, right?” he continued. Taken aback, your heart began to beat madly. You shifted your eyes to the floor, trying to avoid his gaze.

He caught your chin between his fingers and forced you to look at him. You stared him deep into his eyes, trying to calm yourself. His eyes were filled with pain, agony and sorrow.

“Do you know how much it hurts when I see the girl I like and love so much is in other man’s arm?” he questioned.

Tears were b at the edge of your eyes, threatening to fall. He was gazing into your eyes, trying to convey something through his eyes. “I like you, Jumi-ah.” Your heart beat skipped. “Is it that hard to read?”

“Oppa,” you voiced, without you knowing, a tear rolled down your cheek. Hakyeon noticed it and wiped it off using his finger. Embarrassed, you turned away from him, giving your back.

“Oppa, want some cake?” you changed the topic and walked toward the couch that has your birthday cake on it with a smile.

---

“My father doesn’t allow me to become a singer since he owned this company,” Hakyeon stated. You looked at him, “Why? Well. You can go to another agency if you really want to be a singer.”

Smiling, he inhaled deeply before let out a heavy sigh. “He forbids me to do so. If I go against him, he would cut any tie with me…”

“Oppa…”

He clapped his hand to lighten the atmosphere. “Since then I visit this studio to learn dance from the choreographer. I love to dance, at least I still have the opportunity to learn some new steps and win some awards in dance competitions.”

You nodded, intrigued. “Stand up,” he ordered making you looked at him, puzzled.

“I always want to dance with you.”

“I don’t dance,” you refused, waving your hands in front of him.

“Liar,” he took your hand and pulled you closer to him. Startled, you pushed him away from your body. He laughed, “You’re blushing again. Wait, we need some music.”

Hearing that, you rubbed your cheeks, embarrassed. Your ears caught a soft song played from Hakyeon’s direction. Seeing him pacing towards you, you got up to avoid him, “You’re not going anywhere.”

He grabbed your wrist and made you stood close to him. Surprised, you couldn’t do anything but to just obey his word. He rested his hand at the both side of your waist and placed your hand to his shoulder. He leaned forward to match your forehead with his while he was swaying you side to side.

Following his rhythm, you looked at the ground to avoid his piercing gaze. He swayed with you making you overwhelmed by the music and your eyes shut to enjoy the atmosphere. Hakyeon gazed at you, his heart set to ease. He saw you shut your eyes and that caused him to want to kiss you so much.

“I only want to be with you.”

“I only want to hug you.”

“I don’t care about other’s eyes.”

“As if we’re alone right now.”

The lyrics in the song described well Hakyeon’s feeling…

---

Staring hard on his cell phone’s screen, an audible sigh heard leaving his mouth.

“Ravi-ah, you don’t have to pick me from college today! – Jumi”

“That’s strange…” Ravi whispered to himself. He tapped the call icon and brought the cell phone near his ear, several rings heard before someone picked the call.

“Jumi-ah, what do you mean-” Ravi’s eyebrows knitted together, concerned.

“Ravi? You received my message. Don’t worry, I have Haeri with me. We’re planning to go shopping today,” you cut him.

“Really?” Ravi asked, solemn.

“Why would I lie to you, see you Ravi-ah!” you hung up the cell phone quickly.

Sighing in relief, your eyes wandered for a while before you caught a figure waving his hands to you. Your eye smile appeared, quickly, you pacing towards the figure. Despite what happened between Hakyeon and you yesterday, you didn’t hold any grudge towards him. After all, after what seemed a prolong night for you, you began to understand about your feeling.

*** Flashback

“You can rely on me,” Hakyeon said, reaching your hand to hold it tighter in his.

“Oppa, I don’t think is the right time to talk about this,” you pulled back your hand.

“Why is that? When will I have the right time? There is no right time, Jumi-ah. Listen to me.” Stubbornly, he still reached for your hand. Gazing in his eyes, you let out a heavy sigh. Averting your gaze, you looked out the car’s window. The light from the living room had been turned off indicating that your mother had been to bed.

“Is it because of Ravi? I know both of you created a lie,” Hakyeon’s word made you froze.

Returning your attention back to him, your eyes fell to your hand that was now in his grasp. Both of his hand sandwiched your hand in between. As he promised, he sent you home late at night but he still wouldn’t let you off.

“Don’t bring in Ravi,” you expressed, unhappy.

If Hakyeon was sincere about his feeling, you didn’t think it was a wise thing to bring innocent Ravi in your conversation. “Oppa, it’s late. I need to get back home.” You pulled your hand from him and reached the door’s handle. You opened the door but you halted as soon as you heard his word.

“I’m sorry if I sound too pushy. But I’m honest about my feeling. I love you Jumi-ah. I want you.”

You climbed off of his car and turned to face him, hoping he wouldn’t hear your pounding heart. “Oppa. Good night.” It took much courage for you to ignore his words. You felt all kind of emotion at that moment and you were confused if you should have let him talk about it or to just forget about it.

“I’ll wait you in front of your college tomorrow, see you.” He reached closer to you to close the door before he left the area leaving you dumbfounded.

***End of Flashback

Hakyeon helped you with the seatbelt making you felt guilty. “Oppa, you don’t have to do this. I can do it by myself.”

He chuckled, “I know.”

He pulled the hand brake, preparing to leave the college area. “Hand,” he instructed.

“What-” you asked, puzzled.

He pulled your free hand and held it gentle in his. “I don’t want to be a bad guy anymore,” he said making you feel guilty even more. “I was one right? Yesterday… On your birthday. I’m an idiot.”

“Oppa,” you felt he squeezed your hand gently.

“Why do you talk like that?” you caught his eyes as he took a glance at you. A soft smile appeared on his face before he returned his attention to the road. “Tell me if the right time to talk comes.”

Hearing his word make you inhaled deeply, you turned your attention to the world outside the car. Hakyeon’s sudden change of behaviour sent pain to your chest. You liked him… you liked to see him happy and you love to keep the friendship between you. Now that things changed, you needed to understand that…

Both of you had grown up and it wasn’t odd in to whatever extent for Hakyeon to finally honest about his feeling and it made you eventually realise one thing…

You were never in love… You never had a boyfriend.

And it sometimes made you wonder, if you actually blocked someone from finding his own happiness.

Ravi…

If it weren’t because of you, he had been dating with a lucky girl. However, you came in between. You were the one who caused him never experienced once… You never seen him with other girls except with you and you never asked how he felt about it…

You hated yourself.

---

You waved good bye to Hakyeon after having a meal with him. He looked calmer than he used to be, less pushy and less jokes…

He treated you carefully as you could see he never once brought out the topic. You really wanted to ask him to quit it. You haven’t even told him about the lie you and Ravi made but as you could see, you believed he had known it.

Turning towards the front door, you noticed the door was opened. Stepping your feet in, you gasped to see Ravi in the living room, eyes on you.

“Ravi…” you said, biting your lower lips.

“I don’t see Haeri. Where is she?” Ravi questioned with an unreadable expression on his face. You began to scratch the back of your head even though it wasn’t itchy.

“It’s… it’s,” you stuttered. “I thought you went shopping? But I guess only Haeri bought something?” Ravi’s mood was unpredictable. You weren’t supposed to be scared of him, but you were the one that set out the no lie rule and you were the one who broke it first.

“I can explain,” your shoulders fell.

“I came to send your birthday present,” he calmly stated and pointed the art work he made at the corner of the living room. “I didn’t barge in your house. I asked permission from your mother.”

He got up and walked to the art work, “Want me to move this to your room?”

Surprised how he didn’t interrogate you further, you nodded and watched him as he lifted it to your room. “I heard about the wedding from your mother,” Ravi’s voice attracted your attention to him.

“Wedding?” you asked, tilting your head. “What wedding?”

“You haven’t heard about it?” Ravi returned you a question. You shook your head, “Omma haven’t say anything about it. Who’s getting married?”

Ravi smiled after seeing your puzzled look. “Iseul is getting married.” Shock spread throughout your face, “Choi Iseul? You mean that Choi Iseul? Is she really getting married?”

You kept babbling about the news you just received and Ravi couldn’t help from falling for you even deeper. He saw the car that sent you home, he knew the owner, he called Haeri and he knew you were lying to him but he didn’t want it to get into him. From the first second Hakyeon called you, he knew, Hakyeon was after you and he was unsure if he still had the time to confess…

It was killing him…

“When can I end this pain of wanting you?”

~~~

A/N: Sorry for the bad chapter ;____;

Subscribe and Comment ^^