The Flashback.

My Enemy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FlashBack:

School had just ended for the elementary students, and almost every child had run out of their classrooms shouting with joy. The nerds slyly walked out, discussing if they were going to hang out at one another’s house to solve extra math problems, and the girls had giggled their way out of their classrooms, talking about the boys they thought were cute. However, two peculiar students had stayed inside, growling at one another. Their hands formed into fists, and steam came from their ears as they told each other to go out first. See, these two students aren’t just getting angry over a door; they always get mad at each other and the door. Whoever goes out first loses the battle, and has their hair pulled; however, the one in back wins the battle. That’s how these two students think.

 

            “Can you two just leave already? I have a wedding to be at in less than an hour,” Their teacher scolded, pushing them out of the door at the same time. No one was first, and no one was last. They pondered for a few seconds, before glaring at each other and stomping off in the same direction to their After School program, where they were supervised until their guardian came to pick them up. Pushing and shoving, they ran to the door to arrive first to get the better snacks they served. Park Rae arrived first, leaving a steaming Hyun Joong with soggy animal crackers and a bruised container of milk. Park Rae laughed and laughed with her little group of friends as they watched lonely Hyun Joong grossly eat his animal crackers one by one and sip his milk.

 

            Once snack time was over, everyone crowded back into the large room to their previous stations before snack time. The majority of the girls rushed to the doll house, grabbing the doll they thought was the prettiest, and the majority of the boys ran to the dress up area in the back of the classroom, to fit their knight armor and swords to battle the mighty dragon. But like every other day, the two mischievous children didn’t go to either place. Park Rae had stationed herself at the coloring book table, and Hyun Joong had loitered around the back of the classroom, glaring at the peaceful Park Rae. His hands were in his pockets as he counted down with his small fingers to approach Park Rae and steal the coloring book.

 

            Hyun Joong had a mighty crush on Park Rae, but he never told or shown anyone this secret. Every time she disobeyed a teacher, it made the butterflies in his stomach flutter, and every time she laughed at a nerd who fell on the floor made him flush. It’s not like those normal crushes where you get butterflies at their beauty, but their bravery. Hyun Joong was very strange indeed. His last finger flipped down, and he walked over to Park Rae, who was busy coloring Ariel out of the line neatly. She knew Hyun Joong was hovering over her, but she didn’t want to fight at the moment so she kept to her own mind.

 

            “What’re you drawing?” Hyun Joong asked, placing his palms on the table. She continued to ignore him, while humming Row, Row, Row Your Boat. He grew furious at every passing minute she continued to ignore him, until he completely lost it. “Oh my god, when I finally try and be nice to you, you ignore me like I’m some stinky homeless man!—“

 

           “Maybe because you are one…” She mumbled, and chuckled to herself. Hyun Joong heard her, and was past furious, so he swiped her coloring book right under her hands, dropped it on the floor, and stomped on it with his foot. Park Rae had her lower jaw open and trembling, while tears suddenly appeared in her eyes. Little did Hyun Joong know was that her coloring book was the last thing her father gave to her before he passed away in the hospital. Hyun Joong felt great as he saw the look on her face, but soon regretted it as she started to sob. “H-hey, the coloring book was that important to you? I-I can fix it! Watch!” He picked the book up, but it had been stomped on pretty badly and the pages were torn out.

 

            “Teacher!” She yelled, sobbing, “Teacher, he ripped my book on purpose!” The teacher came rushing over, and pushed Hyun Joong to the floor by accident with her big while looking at Park Rae. She asked if she was okay, and hadn’t even stopped to see if Hyun Joong was okay. Park Rae wiped her tears away, and her teacher gave her a piece of her chocolate, before looking down at Hyun Joong.

 

            “You should be ashamed of yourself, young man,” The teacher began, “Making a woman cry is one of the worst things you could do. What you did to Park Rae’s coloring book was terrible; why did you do that such of a thing? That book was the last thing her father gave to her before he left, and that’s the only thing she remembered him by. And now that you’ve ruined it, it’s your fault to her not having a memory of her father. Make sure you say sorry to her.” The teacher walked away, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter