gone

원하고 원망하죠

three lovely people asked for a sequel and, surprisingly, people subscribed to this story as well :O why? well, here it is :) i decided to not continue with a songfic this time. oh, and, i hope some of you like hogyu ;3 as always, please let me know what you think, thank you ^___^

-

People come and go. They disappear like a footprint in the sand that gets washed away by water. It doesn't matter how long they stay because they'll leave before you know it.
I never expected to lose my best friend like this, nor did I expect it to hurt this much.

"Maybe if I had just..." I gulp, averting my gaze downwards. "If I didn't say anything that night, he would still be here. With me."

"Howon, how long are you going to keep blaming yourself like this? It's been months, it's time to forget about it," Dongwoo persuades me.

I look up at him. "You're my only friend now."

He smiles at me, and gets up. "I should get back to the counter, my shift ended an hour ago."

"Oh, crap," I curse, realizing the time. "I'm sorry, hyung. I didn't realize we were talking for this long. I just needed someone to-"

"Hey, hey," Dongwoo cuts me off with a calm voice. "It's no problem dude, I'm not gonna get fired or anything."

"JANG DONGWOO! IF YOU DON'T GET BACK HERE THIS INSTANT, I WILL-"

"I'M COMING, MOM!" Dongwoo yells back to the voice from the kitchen. I let out a small laugh, and gather my things.

"I should get going, too," I say, and Dongwoo nods.

"Why don't we hit up the club tonight, eh?" He suggests, smiling deviously with those eyes of his.

I roll my eyes, and walk towards the exit door. "Whatever, just come by my house anytime," I confirm.



"Uh, hyung..."

I observe my surroundings, taking in the nightclub scene. People drinking and getting drunk, a few smoking in the corners, and dancers everywhere. Not to mention, that one group of ty-dressed girls that I absolutely hate.

"WOOH!" Dongwoo yells beside me, running to the dance floor. "GO WILD, HOYA!"

I shook my head, laughing at his wildness. I decide to get a seat, and order a drink. After the drink comes, I sit back and watch the people around. My eyes travel to this one particular guy standing against the wall on the left side. He's wearing a long, thick coat, despite the fact that it's about 100 degrees due to the many dancing bodies in the club. His hair is gelled up slightly (x), showing off his physical features. He's standing completely still with one foot propped up against the wall for support. No emotion is on his face, but a single cigarette bud placed between his two plump gorgeous looking lips. 

I my lips slightly, and watch the guy take a puff out of the cig. He continues to do so about five times, then immediately looks my way as if he knows I had been staring. Surprised, I quickly look away. But, the minute I glance up to see him walking towards me with a sly smirk on his face, I know I'm in trouble.

"Hey there," The unknown guy greets me coolly with a smooth voice. "Mind if I have a seat?"

"Uh, not at all," I agree, and he gladly takes a seat whilst throwing his cigarette away.

"So, you're pretty cute," He says, shoving his hands into his coat pockets.

"Uhm, what?" Is all I can say. He smirks at me, and I blush slightly.

"You're new here, aren't you? I'm Sunggyu," He finally introduces his himself, extending a hand out.

"You can say that," I shrug, shaking his hand. "I'm Hoya."

 

"Hoya," Sunggyu repeats. "It's a cute name, just like your face."

Does this guy know I'm gay or something? My cheeks are burning, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that knows it. Feeling hot, I pick up my drink and take a big gulp.

"I bet your body would be nice, too," Sunggyu says, his eyes scanning every part of my body. My eyes widen, and I spit out my drink. "Woah, didn't mean to shock ya," He smirks.

I grab the napkin he offers me, and use it to wipe my mouth. "You're gay, right?" I ask, just to make sure. Sunggyu scoffs.

"Well, I'm right here obviously flirting with you, aren't I?" He answers, reaching for my drink. He chugs down the rest of it, and orders more.

Why exactly would this guy start flirting me? No idea. But, I like it, and I think his face is cute too.

"Could you say something, please? I feel a little awkward and embarrassed," Sunggyu speaks up, laughing a bit.

"I think your laugh is hute," I blurt out, and mentally face palm myself.

"What the hell is hute?" Sunggyu questions, laughing even more.

"I mean to say cute, but in my mind I was thinking your laugh was hot soooo, yeah," I explain, now being the awkward one. More drinks are delivered to our table, and Sunggyu moves his seat a bit closer to me.

"So, let's talk," He retorts, taking a sip. "Let's talk, let's drink, let's be comfortable; let's get to know each other. Is that fine with you?"

Looking up at him, we're so close that I'm able to see his face much clearer. And, wow, he is beautiful. I guess I'm staring too long because Sunggyu's waving his hand, trying to grab my attention.

"You alright?" He wonders, smiling.

"My real name is Howon," I say, and he looks at me confusedly. "You said you wanted to get to know each other, right?"

Sunggyu nods with a grin, and I continue telling him about myself.

 

I don't exactly remember how we came to this position; Sunggyu's on top of me and straddling my waist, moving his hips in a way that feels so good. Our lips are attached, not once pulling away for air. He removes his lips from mine, and moves down to my neck. I look around the club, searching for Dongwoo. Obviously the alcohol has gotten to me, so I can't make his face in the crowd. I catch someone staring at Sunggyu and I instead. 

"D-Dongwoo hyung!" I yell, assuming it's him. I motion for him to come over, and he automatically runs over. 

"Uh, I'm not Dongwoo, sorry.." 

"Oops, my bad," I giggle. "Ow!" I yelp as Sunggyu bites my neck. 

"Oh Howon, you're so perfect," Sunggyu murmurs, leaning in for my lips. I lean in too, and just as our lips touch, Sunggyu falls to the floor with a thud. "Dude, what the hell?!" 

"Shut it," The guy warns, grabbing my hand. "I just need to borrow him for a bit."

As he pulls me off my seat, the world begins to spin and- 

 

I continue to empty out the alcohol I had contained in an hour. The guy remains by my side, awkwardly rubbing my back. It's too dark for me to tell where it is, and what this guy looks like. After finishing, I sit against the wall with my head down. 

"Who are you?" I ask the guy. He remains quiet for a while then takes a deep breath.

"I-It's me, M-"

"HOYA? WHERE ARE YOU?" Dongwoo's voice echoes through the alley.

"Hyung!" My voice cracks. "Over here!" The guy immediately gets up, ready to leave, but I grab onto his leg before he can. "Wait."

Dongwoo appears by my side less than minute later. "God, I thought you got or something." 

I groan as my head pounds even harder. "Whatever," I mutter. Dongwoo notices another presence with us, and looks at the other boy in the dark.

"....hey," He greets softly. "Wow, I...didn't expect to see you here, Myungsoo."

My head jerks up quickly. "Myungsoo? Is it really you?"

"Y-yeah. It's me, Hoya," Myungsoo replies with a shaky voice. I force myself to get up, and pull him into a tight hug. "H-hyung.."

"I missed you a lot," I whisper, then pull away. "But then again," I pause, punching him once. 

"Hoya!" Dongwoo shrieks as Myungsoo stumbles back.

"You're a ing jerk," I finish, then grab Dongwoo's hand. "Let's go, hyung. My head is killing me."

 

The next week is the worst for me. I'm lost, confused, hurt, but at the same time, happy because I was able to meet someone new. No matter what happened that night, I can't seem to forget it. It was the first time I had seen Myungsoo in six months. The last time was the morning after my silent confession that he had secretly heard. To make the story straight to the point, I was rejected harshly, and was abandoned by my best friend. 

After my encounter with Myungsoo that night, I wanted to see him again, badly. I decide to go to the town where the club is located in hopes to find Myungsoo somewhere. The only problem is I don't know exactly what I want to do when I see him.

It's Gangnam, obviously one of the largest cities that's always crowded. As I'm walking, I'm focusing on the ads placed on builidings. I stop when I find a particular one I like. It's a photo of the Seoul bridge at night; bright and colorful with tall buildings in the background.

"I took that."

I turn around, and a pair of warm brown eyes greet me. "It's beautiful, Myungsoo." Surprisingly, my heart's not beating as fast as it did 6 months ago. 

"Right?" He agrees, admiring his picture. "I took it while on a date." 

"What?" I ask, shocked. "A date? Wow, you've got to be kidding me." 

"Hyung, you don't understand. I wanted to tell you last week when I saw you, but I was afraid of hurting your feelings," Myungsoo explains. 

"Too late," I mumble. "Myungsoo, you don't understand either. If you told me when this started, then maybe I would've been over you quicker. Maybe I wouldn't  have been worried about losing my best friend, and maybe I could've found someone else, too. This would've made things so much easier, don't you think so?"

Myungsoo avoids my gaze. "I'm a coward." 

I sigh, and look away. I gaze among the sea of people, trying to distract myself, when I find the familiar face of a beautiful man staring right at me. 

"Sunggyu.." I mumble as he smiles at me from afar. 

Myungsoo follows my gaze. "Ah, that guy..do you like him?" 

"It's too soon to say," I admit. "But, unlike you, I'm not a coward." I smile, and give him one last hug. "Thanks, Myungsoo. Now I know a little bit more about love because of you. Good luck with everything in the future." With that, I walk away. 

Goodbye, Kim Myungsoo. 

I finally reach Sunggyu, panting slightly. He stands with his back against the wall, hands jammed into his coat pockets. 

"Hi," I breathe out, mimicking his pose. 

"It's been a while," Sunggyu says, grinning. "I'm not sure we finished our conversation last time, since some bastard decided to ruin everything." 

"Oh, right," I laugh. "Would you like to get some coffee?" 

"No," He rejects. "If you don't mind, I'd like to cuddle with you in a nice warm bed. This weather is too cold for me. Plus, we're close enough already, right?" He winks at me and I grin. 

"Of course I don't mind."