Fate?

Fate?

“I love you too, Taengoo”

It’s been a week after the last conversation Taeyeon and Jessica had. Though knowing that they still love each other, Taeyeon still acts awkward around Jessica. Maybe it’s just something Taeyeon couldn’t change, or, she just missed being in action with Jessica but she just couldn’t do much.

“As expected, it’s uncomfortable,” grumbling at her new haircut, blowing air upwards, sending her fringe a little breeze.

“How do you all relieve stress?” she asked through her Instagram.

Even though she’s stressing about her hair, she found herself strolling towards a park. A wet park, since the rain just stopped. The shouts of the children are but lonely echoes; the park looses joy and blew a cold wind. Taeyeon wrapped herself with her arms as the cold wind sends chills down her spine.

The sounds in the park are so different now, no chatters, no yelling. The rain has uprooted strange new smells. The rain came and took away everything, just like how reality took away the relationship between Taeyeon and Jessica, but left memories.

Taeyeon smiles as this is the park, the park where she first met Jessica. The park where she confesses her love to her only one, and also the park that ended all.

A park full of memories, a stroll down memory lane.

She smiled at everything that was once their world, the swings, the bench, the spot under the maple tree. There’s nothing anyone can do, but to reminisce the time, the precious time that were once forever.

Taeyeon stopped as she saw someone familiar standing not far away from her. The latter was shocked to see Taeyeon and froze on the spot. Knowing the situation, Taeyeon walked towards the latter.

“People always say while one walks down memory lane, they’ll eventually meet that person there,” Taeyeon said.

“I think God is punishing us,” the latter said while looking up the sky.

“But I think it’s fate.” Taeyeon admitted.

“You still believe in fate huh?” The latter questioned.

“I do believe, because God introduces you to me, but at the wrong time, at the wrong place.” Taeyeon smiled. “Do you still remember what happened here, Jessica?”

“Lots of things happened here, Taeyeon. I don’t know which one to think about.”

“The day when the paparazzi came and harass you when they found out we were together?”

Jessica smirked, “How could I forget that day? When everyone thought I was with Jonghyun, you were so pissed; you had to punch that male paparazzi in the face. Nice move. There goes your reputation.”

“I couldn’t care any less about my reputation that day. All I wanted to do, is to protect you. Seeing you at the verge of crying, it pains me a lot. How could I let some paparazzi make my prin…cess… cry…” Taeyeon lowered down her voice after realizing what she has said.

“Nevertheless, thank you for protecting me the other day. I hope you remember what my present was for protecting me.”

Silence fell upon them.

 

TAEYEON’S POV (FLASHBACK)

 

“You should run away or walked faster before they catch up to you. Oh, I forgot, you don’t run.” I laughed at my whimpering princess. But she pouts and looked down on her fingers after what I’ve said.

“Hey, I was just joking. I’m sorry,” but she ignored me and continue to stare down at her fingers.

“Sica?”

“Jess?”

“Jessica?”

“Sooyeon?”

I tried everything, but she decided to ignore me. I guess she’s really upset about it.

“Sica~” I called out softly this time and she finally gaze up to look at me.

FINALLY. “I’m sorry about it okay? I promise I won’t joke about it anymore. Forgive me please?” using a little aegyo, hopefully it works.

“You better be,” she said as she turned her back towards me.

There goes another challenge, I thought to myself. My princess, oh my princess, what can I do to make you happy? My mind went blank; I’ve totally no idea how to persuade her. I gave in. I wrapped my arms around her waist, rest my chin on her shoulders.

“Silly Taengoo,” I can feel her nuzzling my neck, “You don’t have to apologize. You don’t have to feel apologetic because I love you. I love you, Taengoo.”

“I love you too Sica. But at least give me a peck on the cheek so I won’t feel guilty anymore. Hmm?”

“Yah!”

I cut off my cheekiness and just hold her in my embrace for as long as I could. She suddenly picked up my right hand and pecked on it. “I… it sure hurts after punching that guy right? I just… you know… easing the pain…”

“You’ve got the wrong hand Sica. I hit him with my left hand.” I gave her my left hand, hoping that she’ll kiss it too.

“Are you sure it’s your left hand? You know it’s gonna be on repeat until everyone forgets what you did.” I scratched the back of my neck, plan failed.

I turned her to face me. She looked puzzled. I cupped her face with both my hands, “I love you,” I whispered. I received a shy nod and I leaned in to close up the gap in between our lips.

 

“Taeyeon? Taeyeon?! Taengoo-ah!”

“Yes?” Taeyeon blinked after knowing that she was daydreaming again.

“Are you okay?” Jessica asked, worried.

“I’m okay. Don’t worry about me.” Taeyeon stood up and brushed herself. “Do you… wanna go home… together?”

She looked left, and right, but no one was there. Taeyeon stood there with confusion.

“Wasn’t Jessica here? Where is she? She wasn’t with me at all? Who was I talking to?” she thought to herself.

“My mind is playing games with me.” She shook her head and let that sink in.

She took another glance of the park, smiled, and walked home, alone. 

 

 

 

Author's Note: A little something to you readers, my last sequel http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/566046