Forever

Forever

 

*Baekhyun's POV

 

She woke up too early.... Again. I don't know if it's because she's having bad dreams or it's just become habit. Today marks our second anniversary and I've been preparing for this day a long while (one month) I've had doubts and uncertainties but I've gotten over them and accepted that she really is the one for me.

 

I still pretend to be asleep, I want her to wake me up- just like any other day and hopefully for all the remaining days of my life- I hear bana (our dog) barking and making whining sounds, probably to her, then she throws a pillow at me to wake me up. Ahhh, the joys of being woken up by my Chan Mi.

 

"Yah! Poodle! Wake up already, bana is hungry and I can't finish watching when he's being like this." she shouts, complaining.

 

I slowly sit up, pretending that I wasn't awake all this time; thinking about her, about us. I make sure that I posed, I wanted to let her see how attractive her boyfriend is but Chan Mi was being Chan Mi, she wasn't looking. I sigh, this girl really. Not paying much attention to me, how am I supposed to be sure that she won't suddenly get stolen by someone else if she doesn't assure me of her feelings? Life is so unfair, I love her too much but she doesn't seem to notice or care too much- she's moody, one second she's giving me all her love then the next she's complaining about everything but I guess that's just how she is, maybe that's the reason why I fell for her in the first place and this is the exact same reason why I'm nervous about my plan.

 

We go on with our usual routine, today marks our second anniversary but it's only been a year since we started to together. The condo is small but we like it this way, homey and welcoming. We've already memorized each other's patterns so we don't bump into each other that much anymore.

 

I remember the first day we moved in, everything was scattered on the floor, nothing was in place but we were so happy. We called for take-out and since the dining table was full of cluttered boxes, we ate on the floor, in front of the small television. We laughed at the shows and talked about what we used to do for fun when we were in High School and I remember how I still fell for her even though I've already fallen so deep, I even remember thinking "Is it possible to fall for someone so deeply but still manage to fall for her every time you hear, see or be with her?" I looked at you, smiled and thought "It is." And that night, we slept on the carpet. We kept each other warm. Everything was in disarray, nothing was where it was supposed to be, but us -we were exactly where we were supposed to be, wrapped in each other's arms.

 

I drag myself back to the present and look at you from the door, we already finished eating -bacon and egg with French toast- and you were making our bed. My answer one year ago still stands, I smile because I realize how deeply I've fallen for this girl but I can't seem to stop- falling- and I'm not sure if I want to or if I can.

 

"Yah! Why aren't you leaving yet? You're going to be late for your schedule!" she shouts when she notices that I just stood in front of the door. I smile aissh. This manager of ours is really strict.

 

"Won't you even give me a kiss for safety before I go?" I ask pouting and she blushes. Aigoo. So cute. She wasn't moving towards me though so I walk towards her, kissing her forehead.

 

"There, you got it. Now go." she says, pushing me a bit towards the door.

 

"That's not fair. You didn't even kiss me." I say before bending and claiming her lips with mine. She kisses me back but then she pulls away, leaving me wanting for more.

 

"You ert. Go now." she says, an unreadable but adorable smile placed on her lips.

 

I winked at her, smiled then left. Right after I went out, I got my cellphone and texted the others. Time to initiate mission: say yes. I always leave our home first but she only stays for a maximum of another 10 minutes and I've told the guys to be ready and hidden when she goes out, the time needs to be precise.

 

"Yah!" the recorded voice of Chan Mi notifies me that I have a new message. I look at my phone and read the message from Yeol.

 

"She's out of the building. Mission: say yes initiating." I try not to laugh because I imagine them acting like spies or ninjas, those dorks.

 

I asked them to help me with a little something, I asked them to complete the frames that would form a tree in our home and take a picture of it. It's all part of my master plan. I arrive in our practice room too early so I decide to practice my lines for our new single, minutes later the others start to pile in and they were all sweating but their smiles were pasted on their faces. Our leader came to me, pats my back, smiles then says "You've grown. Congratulations."

 

"Suho hyung, please don't cry before I even finish the surprise." I answer, giving him an eye smile.

 

Minutes later our choreographer comes in with Chan Mi and as usual I greet her by hugging her and kissing her forehead. The others always scoff at this but I don't care, I love this girl and I'm not afraid to show it. We went on with the practice and Chan Mi sits on her usual spot, taking phone call after phone call to organize our schedules. It's hard on her since she doesn't want to burn us out but she can't keep denying the media our time. I shoot her winks or 'looks' as much as I can but she barely notices. At last break time comes and I jog to her, placing a kiss on her cheek. She was talking to someone so she couldn't do anything about it but after talking the call she suddenly says

 

"Yah! You're disgusting, you dare come near me with being this sweaty and smelling like this. -she crinkles her nose- here wipe yourself up." throwing me a towel and handing me a water bottle with a post it attached to it. "HWAITING POODLE." It read and I just smile. Just before the break time ended her two closest friends come barging in the practice room -Hye Kyung and Hyun In. Hye Kyung was a trainee who just debuted and Hyun In is a scriptwriter and a novelist, they both go way back with Chan Mi. They all hug each other and I note that Hye Kyung is also sweaty but she doesn't mind it.

 

"Yah! Hye Kyung is also sweaty but you still hug her, you don't even scold her." I complain, pouting. Hye Kyung sticks her tongue out at me then says "Well, my sweat smells good yours don't."

 

"PORO! You come here but ignore me? How can you?" Kai suddenly shouts, stopping from practicing our new dance. Aishh. This couple always has new nicknames for each other, they always fight but they say it's just playful banter and that's how they show love for each other. They plan to be married this coming month, the actual plan was to do it earlier but Hye Kyung suddenly debuted and Kai loves her enough to wait even though he already complained about how he would like to put a ring on Hye Kyung's finger marking her as his since others always try to steal her away.

 

"Ms. Adler, would you care to treat your hungry husband to the food you came with?" Suho suddenly says, talking to Hyun In. They've been married for a year already and Hyun In is a month pregnant already but they always seem to be newlyweds and maybe that's what true love is. They go to sit in a corner and eat the food Hyun In made; they look so happy and sweet.

 

I look at Chan Mi who looked so tired and stressed from answering calls all day, sometimes even at night and I think of ways on how to help her. We've already talked about her transferring to another job in SMent but she refused strongly, saying that she'll be fine as long as she can be near me. She even complained about not being able to see me because of practices and that's why she decided to be our manager.

 

"Ba-ba-ba-ba-banana" the recording of Hye Kyung's and Kai's voice suddenly plays and Hye Kyung hurrily answers it. We all stay silent; we tend to do that so there won't be any problems.

 

"Yoboseyo?" she starts

"De, de" she bobs her head up and down, starts to stand up and shoots an apologetic look to us all, this usually means that Hye Kyung needs to go and shoot or record something. I look at Kai and I see just a glint of sadness cross in his eyes but he suddenly replaces it with a smile, he stands up and follows Hye Kyung. When Hye Kyung's call ended she was already carrying her things and she started to bid us farewell.

 

"Another shooting?" Kai asks. She stops and looks at Kai pleadingly; maybe they've talked about this before.

 

"Uhmm. A little bit of practice first then the shooting. I might get home late, though I'll try my best to be early. Feed and Kiss monggu for me if you sleep before I come okay?" she says, standing on to place a kiss on Kai's cheek. Kai just smiles.

 

"I'll walk you back." he says then gets Hye Kyung's gym bag carrying it for her then they walk out.

 

Kai told us all about this, Hye Kyung was shooting for her group's MV but then a staff started to get close to her, it was fine at first -no malice- but then the guy started to be creepy and wherever Hye Kyung is, the guy would also be there. Kai almost went over to bash the guy's head in when he got to know that the guy tried to plant a kiss on Hye Kyung but she wouldn't allow it.

 

I stop and stare at Chan Mi, would we also encounter these kinds of problems? Would I also rant on the guys whenever we fight but then I'd end up sighing and saying "I love her anyway" like what Suho and Kai does? Would I call a meeting because I ended up getting kicked out of the house just because I said something wrong? Would I cry to the guys because I feel like our relationship has already reached its end? Would I come over the guys' place and schedule an emergency meeting just to plan a surprise because her birthday is coming? Would I end up cutting practice or bonding time short because she already called and is worried or because I know she's waiting or maybe just because I miss her? Would I go through all what Kai and Suho is going through? Would I give up or like them, would I feel like giving up but won't because I know that she's worth every single hardship? Honestly, I don't know but even if there would be obstacles -even if it gets harder- all I'm sure of is I'd like her to be with me and I'll do anything to make her stay if she wants to let me go, I won't let go of her even if it means giving everything up.

 

I've talked about this with Suho and Kai, since they're the ones in a relationship and they told me that it won't be easy, especially since our careers are not the office type that we can adjust to, it'll just get harder and there would be times that you would think about giving up or maybe even times when you'll want to give up but then you'll think about a future without her and you'll just laugh because that's the point; You can't imagine the rest of your life without her and you'll know that everything will be worth it because it's her and not anyone else. I asked them how they knew that Hye Kyung and Hyun In were the one and until now I can't forget the peaceful, contented and happy expressions they wore when I asked that. Suho answered first.

 

"I can't actually pinpoint a specific situation where I had an epiphany that she's the one, I guess it just came gradually and I realized it when I saw her sleeping, she still wore her glasses and the book she was reading was still in her lap, opened. I just stared at her for a few moments then she scrunched her nose, shifting into a more comfortable position. That was the first time I carried her into our bed and that was hoe I realized that my life without Hyun In would be melancholic and monochromic, I can survive without her but I won't be able to live." he finished, a sweet smile on his lips.  Then Kai answered after.

 

"My realization isn't as sweet as hyung's but it's a realization anyway. I remembered that it was winter since snow was already falling, it was already past midnight and we were both tucked in bed. I was so tired from our schedule but I couldn't help but notice how she would twist and turn as if she were in pain so I hugged her by the waist and whispered if she felt pain. She rolled over to face, bit her lip and said "I can't sleep, I'm craving." I tried to shrug it off by telling her that it would eventually go away and I really believed that but it didn't and it was already past two when we found ourselves in our dining table. I geared myself up for the cold weather outside and she listed the things she was craving for. She would look up then write and this continued until the paper was full. She handed it to me and apologized for the thousandth time. I was tired, sleepy and worn out but I just can't leave her like that so I just smiled and kissed her on the forehead just before I went out her singing voice played on my phone (I set it when someone calls) and I answer it, to my surprise she was on the other. She told me that she wanted to make sure that I got there safely and that I'll be able to go back safely too. So we talked until I got to the store and she gave me ten minutes to buy everything before she called again. In the ten minutes I realized how I love her enough to give up my rest just to satisfy her cravings and I had other girlfriends before, I couldn't even wake up early for them, I couldn't even walk them home every day but for Hye Kyung? It would be fine even if I'd wait for hours just to be able to see her smile, I even set three alarms when she told me that I needed to go to her recital -this was in our first few months. I don't know why but seeing her smile and knowing that I'm the reason it makes me the happiest I can be and for her I know I'll do anything. As for my future? The only thing that is tangible and I'm sure of is that she'll be there with Me." he finishes with a smile. That was the first time I talked to those two like that and it felt nice.

 

I get pulled back to the present when Chan Mi powerfully knocks on my forehead.

 

"Yah! I've been calling you for ten minutes and you didn't respond. You were staring at me and it was creeping me out. Practice already ended and it's time for your radio show." she says, standing up and leaving me. Because of everything I know now I've decided to move forward, I'd rather regret not asking her than wondering for a long time. My phone buzzes, yeol texted me. "Baek, everything is ready." I smile then stand. Show time.

 

The radio show started like usual but when it was time for us to sing my plan was set in motion. Chan Mi was on the other side of the glass and I asked for Hye Kyung and Hyun In's help to distract her while the other members plus ryeowook sunbaenim get their props that were hidden the day before. It was her favorite flowers, they weren't real though nor were they plastic. It was made of velvet and it smelled real, the reason why I did this is because I remember her telling me that she liked different and rare. I customized these and made sure that it wasn't sold in the streets. I was singing and the others already started giving it to her. I'm nervous; I feel like my voice would crack but thankfully it doesn't. The song comes to an end and they already bring out the banner which shows a complete tree that's made of our pictures and drawings.

 

I was about to speak when she notices that we were still on air. "Why do you need to say all these on air?" she asks, her voice shaking. I smile.

 

"Because I want everyone to know that you're mine and I want them to know that I'm not shy." I answer and she just nods. I start telling her everything.

 

"Do you remember when you asked why I wanted to put the picture frame in such a low area? Well, this is the reason. I planned to make it look like a tree; our family, friends and exo as the branches and at the highest branch is our would be baby. I drew it myself. -I point then gulp- enough about that. I want you to remember the first day we moved in, I want you to remember what I said before we crossed the threshold. 'I promise to give you everything that would make you happy, I promise to protect you from the pain and hardships of reality, I promise to never forget that I am yours and you are mine, I promise to understand you even if it's hard to, I promise to love you even if it means dropping everything and I promise to take care of your heart in the best way that I can.' and I don't know if I've been keeping these promises, I wish I have been. We've been too caught up in everything that's happening and sometimes we forget to breathe. That's what I want you to do right now. Breathe." My heart was already in my mouth and I feel my hand shaking. I reach out to my pocket and get the ring case. I don't kneel. She was already with me on the recording room -her friends pushed her- and she was near tears.

 

"Han Chan Mi, I can't promise you a smooth and perfect life because I know that it will be hard. We will have to face hardships and obstacles that would sometimes tempt us into giving up and life would try its hardest to break us up but those are only challenges to see how far we can go for each other, how much we love each other and these challenges are what will make us strong. I'm ready to face everything as long as you're beside me, are you ready?" I ask, opening the box to reveal a simple gold band -like our relationship because we simply fit.

 

She was silent for minutes and to me that felt like hours. Sehun needed to nudge her just for her to answer. She was already crying, she walked towards me then said. "What else can I say? I do." then she hugs me.

 

******

 

It took two months for us to plan everything; Kai and Hye Kyung were already married last month and today will mark the start of my married life. We didn't want an enormous celebration; we just want a simple one with everyone who means so much to us.

 

As I stood in front waiting for the music to start my hands suddenly got cold, I started to sweat, I felt fidgety and my heart started beating so fast that I had a hard time beating but then the music starts and I whip my head to the aisle. I saw the most beautiful girl in my life- my heart started to calm down- she isn't perfect but I've grown to love every bit of her and in my eyes, she's as perfect as can be. She's my future. She reaches me and I take her hand.

"Are you ready to start forever with me?" I ask and she answers "I always have been."
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Hello! Since I'm celebrating the end of our finals (most of it anyway) here's another One Shot! :D Hope you guys like it! ;) Pray for my finals! :)) DEDICATED TO MY FRIENDS; JINTRIX AND DCaadan, I LOVE YOU GUYS! :*

xoxoxo Kyon Seul