Chapter Nine

All the Pain

Forgive me (or don't, I won't be bitter) for not having written in a long while. I'll be writing a chain of chapters for this fic starting with this one! It's going to be a Start-of-Christmas Break Field Trip. :3 A lot of shiz is going to happen, so please anticipate it. :P This chapter is a couple of weeks after the Rasa and knife incident with baby Tao, so his wrist is all healed and what not. 


~ Tao POV ~
 
Fab-ulousI groaned internally as I smacked my head against the desk in front of me. A ing winter field trip? Were they insane? It's too cold to go anywhere, let alone the mother-ing beach. I lifted my head and glared at the back of the head of the sole person behind this "brilliant" idea. He obviously was ignoring the bone chilling glare I was sending him or he literally didn't notice, because that didn't turn around. I centered my glare at my stupidly masculine teacher as he walked into the room. Everyone calls him the Black Horse. I call him an idiot.
 
"Alrighty, class. I'm going to announce the bunking list, so listen carefully for once." He looked around, waiting for complete silence before lifting up a piece of paper from his podium.
 
"Since the cottage is three stories tall, there will be plenty of rooms, but four people will have to share one room with only two beds." This statement elicited an agonized groan from the entire classroom. He scowled at everyone before continuing and whipped his paper to straighten it out.
 
"As I was saying... ahem," he peered at the paper and nodded.
"Floor one - room one; Do Kyungsoo, Kim Jongin, Oh Sehun, and Lu Han.
Floor one - room two; Byun Baekhyun, Park Chanyeol, Huang ZiTao, and Kris Wu.
Floor one - room three; Kim Jongdae, Kim Minseok, Kim Junmyeon, and Yang Yixing.
Floor one - room four; LE, J-Da, GD, and Ravi.
Floor one - room five; Jessica Jung, Im Yoona, Rasa, and Zico." 
 
He looked up and around and glanced at all of the faces of the names he mentioned. He looked utterly stunned and pleased with himself.
 
"This is the first time I've never gotten objections. How lovely." He quirked his large and furry eyebrows in mock surprise and awkwardly cleared his throat, glancing back down at the paper.
 
"Floor two - room one; Bang Yongguk, Kim Himchan, Jung Jinyoung, and Gong Chansik.
Floor two - room two; Eli Kim, Kevin Woo, Lee Hyukjae, and Lee Donghae.
Floor two - room three; Lee Chanhee, Niel Ahn, Cho Kyuhyun, and Lee Sungmin.
Floor two - room four; Lee Chaerin, Sandara Park, Park Luna, and Choi Sulli.
Floor two - room five; Bang Minah, Lee Hyeri, Coco Lee, and Seo Soojin."
 
He glanced up again and looked at the people he mentioned and I saw him glancing. No doubt that Yongguk-hyung and Himchan-hyung were cuddling in the back of the class - again. He shook his head and sighed heavily and folded the paper in half, placing it back down on the podium. He walked out from behind the stand and put his hands behind his back as he walked. He gave us a stern look and cleared his throat again.
 
"While we are on this trip, there will be no tolerance for fighting or bullying, no one is allowed to engage in ual contact, and of course there are other rules that you have all heard plenty of times before, no need to drill it into your eardrums. Just don't be rude little punks, arasso?" We all chirped our "yes sirs" and then he left the room. I sat back heavily in my seat, almost being incapable of holding in my laughter. 
 
"No ual contact? Then why'd he put BangHim together?" A deep voice shocked me out of my stupor and I looked behind me at Kris and was mildly confused. 
 
"Weren't you just in front?" I asked, slightly dazed by the blonde idiot's sudden appearance. Said blonde smiled grandly at me and I rolled my eyes. I heard a rampaging squeal from my left and turned to see what was happening when I was tackled out of my seat. It took me a moment to register why I was on the ground and who had caused my collapsing as I stared up, realizing the perpetrator was none other than Byun Baekhyun.
 
"What's up, roomie?" He squealed in delight, a sorry looking Chanyeol was standing above us. He pulled Baekhyun off of me and Kris helped me up. I smiled at the tornado I called my best friend. I was slightly embarrassed since I had never been on a field trip before, but I wasn't going to tell anyone that. Chanyeol sat down and pulled Baekhyun into his lap, absentmindedly playing with the shorter boy's fingers. 
 
"I will not be surprised if Jongin sneaks in alcohol. I swear to whatever higher being there is, he does it every time." Chanyeol muttered, smirking deviously. Kris laughed shortly, patting his pal on the back. 
 
"Don't we always look forward to that though?" The twin towers grinned wickedly at each other and I rolled my eyes at both of them. I stood up and brushed myself off, grabbing my backpack and slinging it over my shoulder.
 
"What's up Tao?" Kris asked, walking up to me. I gave a pointed look towards the door and looked back into the blonde's eyes.
 
"I'm gonna go pack for the trip." The blonde smiled, raising his keys to eye level, obviously offering me a ride. I nodded and the giddy boy that I rarely saw in Kris come out. He grabbed me by my now healed wrist and pulled me after him out the door.
 
"I have to pack as well." He stated, as we walked side by side down the hallway. Kris glanced sideways at me and I could feel his happiness turn into anger and sadness. I frowned heavily and looked at him.
 
"Please stop looking at the scar. It's hardly your fault,  I should've been more careful." I muttered. I could feel the anger disappear, but the sadness was still there. I steeled myself and grabbed his hand. I had never tried to hold his hand before, he had only dragged me along by my wrist like the female role in some crappy k-drama. I squeezed his hand and looked up at him.
 
"Stop that. I said it's fine." I glared darkly at him, and he immediately brightened up. I rolled my eyes as the kid Kris made a sudden appearance once again, having the chance to happily hold my hand. This was going to be a looong field trip.

A little short (and definitely way past Christmas), but all of the other chapters will be much, much longer. I promise. This is just an intro to the field trip.

Enjoy (even if this chapter is short).

<3