3AM

3AM

 

 

Fei got off the bus two schedules later than usual. The streets was almost empty, leaving only some drunk men humming some random tune across the street. The wind was a killer, and Fei didn't have to be reminded that she wore thin pencil skirt that night. 

Something about her unfinished work popped right back into her mind when she spotted the word 'deadline' on a billboard far ahead. Mentally she stopped herself, quickening her high heels steps into her favourite bar on the block. It was more like a jazz cafe, with live music and drinks, minus stupid bar fights, which what she liked the most about the place. An escape from her deadline-haunted nights. 

When she pushed the glass door open, barely anyone noticed her presence. A local indie band was in the middle of their original song, and there were only a couple of visitors filling the corners of the place. Fei sighed, thanking the calm atmosphere. Just what I need.

Minimalist lamps hanging low above each tables, creating circles of yellow light all over the dim place. Some of the wooden slim-legged chairs were out of place, but everything else seemed almost untouched. She glanced at the clock behind the bar, it was almost 3AM. 

"Extra hours today?" the bartender asked as she took a seat on the bar table. Fei raised her eyebrows, nodding, "Hmm."

He smiled understandingly, pushing a shot glass full of solid white liquid to the loyal customer. "Here, it's on the house."

Fei took the glass, examining the drink she'd never seen before. "Wow, thanks Tony..but.. what's this?"

The guy smiled again, this time teasing her. "You're the first to have it here. Try it, and tell me what you think."

The girl hesitated, but took the shot anyway, waiting for a burning sensation, a tickle in , but none of them happened until the very last drop. She pushed the empty glass back to him, "What was that? It was bland, I don't think I like it.."

"Wait until the third glass!" he chuckled, pouring her another shot, "..here, try again."

She went for the second shot. Nothing changed. Tony gave her the third shot, "This time, have it slowly."

The girl did as instructed and slightly she could feel herself feeling drowsy. "Okay..it's starting to work.. "

Tony smirked in victory. "Yeah? Told you so.."

Fei took a slow breath and closed her eyes, leaning her head on the bar counter, "But seriously, what was that..?"

He then gave her a really good laugh before answering, "It was milk. Just milk.."

But by then, she was already halfway to her first real sleep for the past two weeks, with cheek laying dead on the counter, arms hugging her purse like a pillow. At the sight of this, Tony scoffed, moving her coat hanging on the back of her chair to wrap her back for the night.

 

***

 

Sorry for the randomness~XD

But hope you enjoyed it!

it's amost 3AM too at my place, just got home from campus about an hour ago and I feel like writing something tonight for a change. To comfort myself as well, I think. 

Oh and btw, nah, I'm not shipping Fei and Tony at all. I just found him suitable as a bartender somehow, and Fei respects him as a senior and a friend (OOC).

Night guys!

Leave your thoughts below and maybe if you like, you can share your lazy late night stories too :D