Final

Baby, Don't Cry

Don’t hesitate another minute please take away my heart
Yes, the sharper the better, the night that even the moon has closed her eyes
If it were any other man, if it were a single verse taken from a comedy
Burn all the scars you’ve exchanged for that love

I stood by the edge of the bed as I eyed the sleeping boy on the bed, my grip on the dagger got tighter and tighter as I remembered my conversation with the witch not too long ago.

 I stared at the mirror soullessly as I combed my hair, with each comb I can hear the clock handle ticking. I placed the brush on the table as I looked up to the mirror again, only to be surprised by a hideous figure. I spun around and saw the witch sitting on the window ledge while twirling a dagger between her fingers.

“Hello princess” She snarled, showing her sharp teeth. I gaped at her, no words coming out of my throat. I turned back around and faced the table, gripping on the table edge tightly. I heard her footsteps coming closer as I continued to stare at the table.

“I heard some terrible news princess,” She spoke, her voice directly behind me “you haven’t married the prince yet” She said as she walked left and right behind me, sometimes playing with the ends of my hair as she would past me. I bit my lower lip, scared and terrified at what was going to happen next. I knew what would happen; I just didn’t know it would come so early. Making deals with the evil witch wasn’t the best plan, but I couldn’t help it, I fell in love with the handsome prince that I saved that stormy night. I had sold my voice for human legs, but if I didn’t marry the prince then I would turn to foam and die.

“You know, you don’t have to turn into foam, you can turn back into a mermaid and be with your sisters once again” The witch spoke into my ear; I looked into the mirror to see her right next to my head.  I narrowed my eyes at her; I knew there was a price to it. She chuckled ever so slightly into my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

“Kill him princess, by tomorrow you shall have your tail back and be with your family once again” She whispered, slowly slipping the cold metal dagger into my shaking hands. I stared at the dagger with fear, I couldn’t kill him. She grabbed my chin and made me look at the mirror; she slowly trailed her hands to my throat and squeezed it slightly. I felt a sudden pain and gasped for air, clutching onto my throat.

“I can’t” I crooked out with teary eyes, it felt weird to use my voice again. She stood up and walked to the window,

“It’s either you or the prince, think well.” She said before disappearing into the night.

I couldn’t even believe I was standing here, I continued to study the sleeping boy. I crouched down beside him and moved his blond hair out of his closed doe eyes, my finger tips traced his nose, lips and traced the little scar just below his lower lips. I couldn’t kill him; I didn’t want to end his life just to continue on with mine.

“I love you, I really do” I whispered out to him, tears running down my face.

“Why couldn’t we just live together happily? Why did I have to make that stupid deal with the witch? Why do I have to end your life so I won’t turn to foam? Why don’t you love me?” I crooked out, my voice thick because of my never ending tears.

Baby don’t cry tonight after the darkness passes
Baby don’t cry tonight it’ll become as if it never happened
You’re not the one to disappear into foam, something you never should’ve known
So Baby don’t cry, cry my love will protect you

“Who said I didn’t love you?” His melody like voice spoke out. I gasped and stared at his open twinkling eyes.

“Y-Your awake” I stood up and backed away from him, he stood up from his bed and walked towards me but as he saw the dagger in my palms he stopped. His eyes flickered from the dagger to my tear covered face and back to the dagger, connecting up all the dots as he did. He stood there and looked into my eyes and he spoke.

“Do it, kill me” He said it so causally, as if not afraid that death might just be around the corner. I shook my head furiously.

“I don’t want to, please don’t make me” I pleaded. He took a step towards me but I took a step back, making the distance between the two of us further.

“Then do you expect me to watch you as you crumble away and turn into foam?” He slightly shocked, venom dripping from his words.

“I don’t know” I sighed out.

Exchanging only our separate fates that lead to one another
As inevitable as it seemed that we’d miss, I know we loved just as much
When you smile, sun shines A brilliance you can’t fit into a framework of language
The waves crash my heart and crumble down oh

“You know, I didn’t imagine everything to end like this. We were suppose to get married and have babies as we watched them grow old as the day would pass by, then we would grow older together and then die as we took our last breath together” I dryly chuckled out, my tears dripping down my chin.

“We can still make it can’t we?” He tried to reason. I shook my head and sighed out in defeat, I looked out the balcony connecting to his room and saw that the sun will rise in about 10 minutes. Death was just waiting for me. He took small steps towards me until he was right in front of me; I looked up at him to see his sorrowful eyes burning into mine.

“Luhan”

“I love you, I really do” He sincerely said, taking my face in his hand.

“I love you too” I responded, sending him one of my best smiles. He slowly leaned down and pressed his lips against mine. I never imagined our kiss to be when one of us was just about to die, I never imagined us to part this way. He took my hand which had the dagger and placed it on his chest, just where his heart lay. I felt it thumping, and thinking that I might be the one that would stop it made me want to vomit.  

Baby don’t cry tonight a night plagued by violent storms (Ooh As if the sky will fall)
Baby don’t cry tonight It’s slightly befitting
To let you go at a moment that shines more brilliantly than tears like this
So Baby don’t cry, cry My love will be remembered

“Now I can part the world, knowing that my love has finally been spoken” He softly said, titling his head to the side slightly showing off his boyish smile that I feel for.

“L-Luhan, please” I shook my head and tried to rip my hand out of his grip but it was futile. He brought his other free hand and wiped my tears with his thumb.

“Dont cry, it’s okay” He whispered. I looked behind him to see the sun slowly rising, my lips tilted up slightly. I gathered up all my strength and ripped my wrist out of his grasp and threw the dagger a few metres to the side.

“W-What?” Luhan stuttered, shocked by my sudden outburst. I reached up and his cheek softly.

“Luhan I love you, I will love our forever and ever. Goodbye” I said with a bright smile on my face, Luhan gasped and turned his neck around to see the sun raised and shining brightly. When he turned around he didn’t see me and when he looked down, my body had fallen and now lay unmoving on the solid hard ground. He fell on the ground from shock and slowly crawled over to me, shaking me but I gave no response. He picked me up and rocking me slightly while crying, he mumbled incoherent words as he buried his face into my cold neck. He lifted his head up after a few minutes and eyes the dagger just a few metres away from him. He picked it up and stared at the sharp end before stabbing it into his stomach, it was painful but it would bring him to where happiness was. He let the now covered dagger fall to the ground and staggered his way over to the dead body, he laid beside it and slipped his bloody hands into mine. He closed his eyes and waited for death, he would now be able to be with his loved one.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Soo that was totally random LOL anyways hoped you liked it and enjoyed the one shot. Comment and subscribe ~ 

- tellmewhatislove