Gunslinger

Gunslinger

I've loved a man, and just one man for so long.

 

I've loved a woman, and just one woman for so long.

 

We were happily married, until

 

 

He got to serve and stationed in Afghanistan. He has to battle there.

 

It's been 3 months without him.

You've sent hundreds of letters just to find his replies once per month.

You smiled reading his first reply.

 

"You know they stack letters….and mine came in one separate sack? Not that I'm complaining.

I miss you."

 

Never. NOT in ONE letter you've EVER put ANY goodbyes.

But unfortunately he does.

 

In one of your letters, you found your courage to ask him not to.

"Yongguk, Baby, Can you please not put your goodbyes in every letter. It scares me."

 

His answer to that statement puts you in tears.

"Every time I write my letters, I'm reminded of the fellow soldiers who died. At least, that way I know I've said my goodbyes though it hurts me to even think of leaving you and our baby."

 

You cried so much after reading that letter. You couldn't imagine living in a world without him.

Though you're not with him, at least you know he's somewhere and breathing and healthy.

 

and then you got paranoid.

What if he's NOT well.

What if the one who've been replying your letters is not him

No, No, No. He put your sign, your thing, in every letter.

"NEVER STOP PRAYING." and especially from him, a "Kiss Sungjoon for me."

 

From that point onwards, you prayed hard. You prayed for him, for his well-being and for him to come home soon.

 

You snuggled your face to your 4-months-old baby. His small hands grabbing your head.

"Pray for daddy, baby." You whispered.

"Everything will be okay, right, Joonie?" You asked the baby. Facing his face now.

He smiled.

"Say baba" You tried. Sungjoon just spits out his drool.

 

"I taught Sungjoon to say 'baba'. Hope you'll come home soon. I miss you. Sungjoon misses you too. We don't want him to forget his dad now do we? Hope everything goes well. I've NEVER STOPPED PRAYING. Love you. -Mrs. Bang"

 

You tried to lift Sungjoon to his feet. Teaching him how to hop, of course with aid.

"No jumpy for mommy?" The baby just stuffed his right hand in to his mouth.

"That's a not yet, huh?" Spits more drool.

 

You've spent your days playing with SungJoon and writing Yongguk your daily letter. Now and then, you'd post a picture of you and Sungjoon.

 

9 months without him, now. And no letters for the past 2 months. But you didn't stop yours.

 

-Dear God, the only thing I ask of you is to hold her-

"Hello?" you answered

 

"Mrs. Bang?"

 

"Yes?"

 

"This is from the local quarter, we have received a news regarding your husband."

 

"What is it?"

 

"We're sorry to tell you this but."

 

"He's fine, right? Yongguk is fine, right?! This is just a prank, yes?! Tell me!!"

 

"That's the thing, we don't know."

 

"What do you mean you don't know?!"

 

"He's been M.I.A for months now."

 

"Please tell me you'll find him…" You heard Sungjoon cries in his cradle.

"Please tell me you'll find him…" You sobbed.

 

Yongguk, I hate you. I told you not to put your goodbyes in your letters!!

 

"We'll try our best. Our very best to look for your husband."

 

"Where's Jung Hyunchul?"

 

"He's leading the mission of finding your husband. Like I said, we'll try our best to find him."

 

"Please find him…." You begged.

 

"Pray for now." With that, he hung up.

 

"Sungjoon, baby. Sshhhh." You tried to calm him down.

"BA-BA….BA-BA…" he cried.

"Yes, baby, pray for baba."

 

You played him the song Yongguk likes to sing to him.

Warmness on the Soul. Sungjoon slowly fell asleep.

 

From that day on, You've spent your days snuggling with Sungjoon and praying, this time,even harder.

 

Come home, please.

 

"Babaa. Bababaa" Sungjoon's voice woke you up.

"Yes, baby?" you snuggled closer.

"Bababaa" He babbles more.

"Yes, I miss baba too."

"Bababaa." He hits your cheek with his baby hand.

"I'm up. I'm up. Now, what is it, baby?"

"Bababa." He sat, hitting your phone now.

"You want to talk to baba?"

"Babaa."

You played him the song again.

You lean his head to yours.

-I give my heart to you- a tear broke.

-I give my heart cause nothing can compare in this world to you-

Come home, baby. If not for me, at least for Sungjoon. He needs you.

 

Nearly one year without him. 4 months without his news. Without his letter.

 

-Dear God, the only thing I ask of you is to hold her-

"Hello?"

 

"Baby cuz?"

 

"Hyunchul oppa?!"

 

"Yea…it's me. Can you please take Sunhwa to the headquarter, and I miss Sungjoon too. Take him along, okay…?"

 

You tried not to bring your hopes up.

"Okay…"

 

"See you, then."

 

"See you, oppa." You hung up.

 

"Sungjoon, Let's fetch aunt Sunhwa and we'll meet uncle Chul, okay."

 

"Bababa."

 

"Sorry, baby. No, baba."

 

You drove away from home to fetch Sunhwa and drove straight to the headquarter.

 

"Sunhwa yaaa!!" The two hugged.

"Let's go home, okay?" He wrapped his arms around my best friend.

 

"I thought you miss Sungjoon." You taunted.

 

"Not him. I am!" A very familiar voice yelled, happily.

 

You looked around and saw him. Standing tall with the help of a pair of crutches.

You ran to him.

"You're mean!!!! Hyunchul oppa's meaner!! Why didn't any of you tell me they found you?!!"

 

"You're okay even when I can't walk properly now?"

 

"Why should I care about that?! Plus, this way, you won't be able to go anywhere now. I don't care if I sound selfish, but…..You don't know how it was living without any news from you nor ABOUT you!!

and

Sungjoon here kept on missing his Baba."

 

"You miss me, young man?" He crouched to kiss your baby.

 

"Baba" He grabbed his dad's face, smiling at the sight of the face he longed to see.

 

"Where were you? What happened?!" You asked.

 

"There were bombings and stuff and some debris fell on top of me and my left got stuck and I was there for weeks. I prayed so I'd one day come back to you and…here I am."

 

"This man of yours is a very strong fella. Found him with his left bone sticking out, we thought he was dead, but no. He's a fighter." Hyunchul stated, patting Yongguk proudly.

 

"Anything for my family." He wraps his arms around you and Sungjoon.

 

"Don't EVER scare me like that!!" you crashed on his broad chest, crying.

 

"There. There. Sorry. I'm here now." He pulled you deeper. Kissing the top of your head.

"Baba." Sungjoon babbled.

"Yes, son. Daddy's home." Yongguk wraps his arms tight around his small family, grateful he's home.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

I'm sorry if the story isn't as sad as I think it should be. I think I'm bad at writing sad stuffs. But if you cried, do tell!! I'll love you!! Hahah.

 

Story based on the song Gunslinger, Avenged Sevenfold. My life before Kpop and I still listen to these guys. STAY AWAY FROM SYNYSTER GATES. HE'LL ALWAYS BE MINE though realistically he's Michelle's and they're cute together but he's still mine!! HAHA

 

p.s: Maybe by listening to the songs will help you get sad….

 Gunslinger- Avenged Sevenfold

 Dear God- Avenged Sevenfold (the chorus of this song is *your* ringtone)

 Warmness on the Soul- Avenged Sevenfold

 

 

Hope you enjoyed reading my first OneShot!! ^^