{ ♥ }

Birthday Poems {birthday oneshot for Yi Xing}

 

 

The alarm clock rang and you fluttered your eyes open. The warm sunlight peeked through the window and you felt its gentle heat on your skin. You turned to your side and was surprised that Yi Xing wasn’t there. On the bedside table, you saw a note.

 

 

I went to the studio ‘coz we had practice. I didn’t want to wake you up either, so I’ll see you later.

PS. You look so pretty when you’re asleep. <3

xoxo

 

 

A smile crept to your lips after reading his note. You felt like you’re being courted again and again. Having Yi Xing as your boyfriend definitely felt like you were the luckiest girl in the world.

 

 

Despite his busy life as an idol star, he always made it a point to take you out on a date after their practices. Eventhough you told him that it’s better for him to take a rest because of his job as an entertainer he would always insist that the two of you go on dates, because that’s what couples do. He always made you feel special.

 

 

And now on his special day, you want to return the favor.

 

 

 

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LAY!!”

 

 

11 guys came running to Yi Xing, who stood frozen at the studio’s door as if he saw a ghost. There was a big birthday banner on the wall and purple balloons strewn on the floor. Confetti flew over the room, and dance music boomed through the speakers. “Cheers to our very own unicorn’s special day!”, Kris draped his arm on Yi Xing’s shoulder. They all huddled around Yi Xing and started singing the birthday song.

 

 

“생일 축하합니다, 생일 축하합니다, 사랑하는 레이씨, 생일 축하합니다~”

 

 

“祝你生日快樂, 祝你生日快樂, 祝你生日快樂, 祝你永遠快樂~”

 

 

Chen brought out the cake, and Yi Xing happily blew all the candles. “Thank you so much, I’m so touched you all sang in Chinese.”

 

 

“I practiced hard for that, hyung,” Chanyeol said, scratching his head. “Hey your Chinese was good!” Yi Xing said as he hugged the giant.

 

 

Although he felt a little homesick because he’ll be spending his birthday away from home, he felt relieved, knowing that his groupmates are there.

 

 

The management had a small party for Yi Xing, and the members even prepared a song and dance number for him. Yi Xing almost fell off his seat laughing when Chen and Chanyeol imitated his facial expressions when he’s dancing. Everyone enjoyed the food and all 12 of them ended up throwing cake icing at one another. After the party, their manager approached them and hugged Yi Xing. “As a birthday gift, we’re giving you the day off today. Now go spend some time with your girlfriend.”

 

 

With a smile etched on his face, Yi Xing bowed as he left the studio.

 

 

 

Yi Xing arrived early that afternoon, only to find out his apartment empty. He’s planning to take you out to dinner. He looked everywhere for you, but you were not around. You don’t have school today, so he wondered where you might be. He found a jar on top of the dining table. Inside it was a paper scroll.

 

 

Let’s play the treasure hunt game on Yi Xing’s special day

Find my favorite stuff toy, and you’ll know what I really wanted to say. :)

 

 

Yi Xing furrowed his eyebrows as he looked for your favorite stuff toy. You have a lot of stuff toys---from big, fluffy bears, to medium sized Pororos, to small elephants and dolphins. All of them were huddled in one corner of your walk-in closet, until he noticed a gap, as if something was there before. He immediately searched the whole bedroom for the missing stuff toy---under the bed, on the closet, on the dresser cabinet, but he didn’t find it. Almost giving up, he suddenly remembered that you put on top of the washing machine one of your toys. He saw a Siberian Husky stuff toy holding another scroll. He smiled when he remembered that it was him who gave that stuff toy to you on your birthday because huskies are your favorite. He opened the note again.

 

 

Very well played, Yi Xing my dear,

Now go to the park and look for someone who looks like a deer.

 

 

Yi Xing is loving this little game you put up for him, so he grabbed his bag and went out of the house.

 

 

 

 

“Look for someone who looks like a deer? I think I went to the wrong place.” Yi Xing mumbled to himself when he arrived at the nearest park. His eyes wandered around as he inhaled the fresh air. “Jeez, I should have gone to the zoo.”

 

 

There were a lot of children playing in the playground, as old couples went past him, holding each other’s hand. Yi Xing stopped for a while and imagined the two of you walking hand-in-hand at the park. Growing old with you was such a wonderful dream for him.

 

 

He continued looking around, expecting to see someone wearing a deer costume, someone whose hair is up like a deer’s horns, or someone who has a red nose like Rudolph. Then he heard a familiar voice from the soccer field nearby.




 

 

 

“Lu Han hyung!!!” Yi Xing screamed as he ran across the field. Lu Han stopped kicking the soccer ball and smiled as he greeted him, as if he was expecting Yi Xing. “Hey, birthday boy! Smart enough to figure out I looked like a deer, eh?”

 

 

“Not really. I was expecting you on a deer costume, really.” Yi Xing sneered at his hyung. “So, did she give you something?”

 

 

Lu Han handed him another note and said, “You got the sweetest girlfriend ever, do you know that? Good luck.” He waved Lu Han goodbye as he walked back, reading the note.

 

 

Heck, Yi Xing knows he’s lucky to have you.

 

 

 

 

 

Ride the bicycle near the pond

You’ll see a guy whose hair is blond

Follow his trail and beyond

So you can arrive at the place where our love dawned

 

 

Yi Xing thought that following a blond guy was that easy, but after so many right and left turns on streets and alleys, he was still pedaling the bicycle. “Where the heck is this guy going?”, he asked himself. Fifteen more minutes of following him, the blond guy suddenly stopped and dropped off his bicycle in front of your school gate. “What the. We passed by here already,” Yi Xing said in puffed breaths. He dropped off the bicycle and parked it properly, but then noticed that the blond guy disappeared from his sight.

 

 

So this must be the place she’s talking about, he thought.

 

 

It was a Saturday, and there were no classes, so nobody was around. Yi Xing looked around the school. He remembered bringing and fetching you there when he was still a trainee. He remembered the times the two of you had tteokbokki together after school. He remembered your stories to your classmates how proud you are to have him as your boyfriend. It all sounded like distant memories from long ago.

 

 

He suddenly felt bad because he doesn’t get to do those things for you nowadays because of his busy schedule. He knew you understood his situation as an idol star, but there were times he missed your ordinary life as a couple. No cameras following around, just the two of you having a great time together.

 

 

He raised his head up and looked at the sky. It’s almost twilight, and he noticed a balloon that was released from one of the buildings. Curiously, he went inside the said building. Yi Xing walked upstairs, and he found himself in front of the door leading to the topmost part of the building. He saw another note tied at the door.

 

 

Your special day is about to end, my dear

But don’t fret, have no fear

As you open the door, just look at the sky

The reason you’re here, you’ll understand why

 

 

The purple twilight sky sprawled in front of him. He saw the purple line dividing the sky and the sea nearby. It beautiful, majestic, and breath taking. He absolutely loved the color purple. And there he saw you, standing a few meters in front of him. He approached you, smiling like an idiot.

 

 

“Good job on the scavenger hunt,” You welcomed him with open arms.

 

 

“I must say, you did a good job in preparing it. Since when have you been poetic?” He chuckled as he repeated some lines from the notes you made. He loved mocking you, in a cute and romantic way, of course.

 

 

You hit him lightly on the shoulder. “I got bored so yeah, I just did it for fun. Did you like it?”

 

 

“Very much. I felt like Indiana Jones.” You looked at Yi Xing. His dimples appeared and you swear they’re the cutest you’ve ever seen. You loved waking up to that innocent face beside yours every morning.

 

 

“Happy birthday Xing Xing. I just want to thank you for being always there for me.” He laughed a bit when you said his nickname.

 

 

He held your arms and gazed into your eyes. “I should be the one thanking you. You’ve been very supportive of me and my career since I was a trainee.”

 

 

“You deserve those. You’ve been working hard on your dream of being a singer.”

 

 

“I’m sorry I couldn’t take you out on a normal date. I feel so bad about not being the boyfriend you wanted me to be.”

 

 

“Hey, stop that. I understand your situation. I won’t complain. I don’t need fancy dates at the restaurant. Just seeing you do what you love makes me happy.” You know you’re no ordinary couple. He’s a celebrity, and you’re just an average girl. You knew there will be complications in your relationship, but you chose to embrace them because you love him.

 

 

He looked around, and there was that tug of familiarity embracing him. “I know this place. This is where you agreed to be my girlfriend.”

 

 

You nod in affirmation, and remembered how happy you felt when he first kissed you right in that place. It was a sweet and endearing. A kiss full of love. “When I said yes, I knew I made the right decision.”

 

 

“So.. do I get my birthday gift now?” Before he could say anything more, you put your lips on his. He moved closer, and you felt him wrap his arm on your small body. You felt the warmth of his lips, and you loved kissing those everyday. He used to be the one initiating the kisses, but this time, it was you who did it.

 

 

Yi Xing was a bit surprised by his girlfriend kissing him first, but then felt relaxed when he felt your lips on his. He always described your kisses in the same way---sweet and pure.


 

“This is the best birthday gift ever.”