Muffin?

MBLAQ Dorm Story

'Aren't you coming?', Seungho asked Byunghee through the door crack.

Byunghee’s expression suddenly changed. I’m coming now’, he answered and then turned to you. 'Mianhae __________-ah., was all he said and then he entered his own apartment.

You were confused for a moment, but you got a grip of yourself as soon as you got angry.

You walked back into your apartment slamming the door behind you. It made you so angry that he refused your offer the instant Seungho showed up, but you told yourself that you have no right to be mad at him for something like that. You were thinking that you probably misread the hints, and that he probably didn’t like you as much as you liked him. 

Not thinking any further about it, you changed into your pyjamas and threw yourself on your bed.

Right before falling asleep, you got a message.

'I'm sorry. I'm really sorry.', the text said. You were sure that it was Byunghee, but you never gave him your number. Right before you wanted to send him a text asking him just that, you received another message.

'You left your phone on the table while you went to the bathroom at the restaurant. keke.', the second message said. You couldn’t help yourself but giggle.

'Are you mad at me?', a 3rd message came. You noticed how he was getting slightly impatient since you weren’t responding.

'You couldn't have fallen asleep that fast _________-ah.', the 4th message said.

You smiled and started typing.

'ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ', you wrote him back and laughed while doing so.

Kekekekeke. Sweet dreams ___________-ah. See you tomorrow.’, you received his final text. Since that dorky chit-chat boosted up your mood, you feel asleep in peace.

The next morning, you woke up because of some loud knocks on the door. You stood up and rubbed your eyes, and then walked towards the door and opened it. Seungho was in front of you with a big smile on his face.

'G-Good morning', you said but couldn't dimmer a yawn.

'It's already 12PM _________-ah!', he said and then chuckled. 'Sorry for waking you up, but I was quite sure you weren't sleeping anymore.'

You chuckled back and yawned again. You then saw his cheeks getting slighly pink while looking at you.

'What?', you asked curious.

'Y-Your t-top', he said and looked away. You looked down and saw that your first 3 buttons were open, showing a way too deep cleavage. You instantly crossed your arms over your chest and went scarlet.

'Soooooooooooooo..', he then said trying to act not too uncomfortable, ‘should I come back in 20 minutes so you’ll have time to change?’

You nodded and slammed the door in his face. You could hear him chuckle from the other side of the door before you jumped into the bathroom to take a shower.

You dressed up really fast, and as he didn’t come back yet you thought you’d go call him out.

When you knocked on the door of the guys, surprisingly, Byunghee opened it.

'Oh, __________-ah!', he said and gave you a big happy smile. 'What are you doing here?'

You smiled back at him. ‘I’m here to pick Seungho-ssi up.’, you replied. His smile faded away momentarily, being replaced by a dark expression.

'Yah! Seungho!', he yelled into the apartment. ’___________’s here.’, he said leaving the formalities aside. You gave him an angry look.

Seungho almost ran out of the door and grabbed your wrist. 'See you later G.O', he greeted Byunghee and pulled you after him.

Byunghee waited for your goodbye, but it never came. Your whole happiness from last night dissapparated. 

Both you and Seungho then walked out of the building. Seungho seemed to be in such a good mood.

'You look really pretty _________-ah', he said.

You giggled and put your palms on your cheeks. ‘You’re making me blush Seungho-ssi.’

'Call me oppa.', he said suddenly startling you. You were looking at him not saying anything. ‘I mean it’, he continued.

'Okay then, Seungho-oppa!', you said and smiled.

'No, leave the Seungho aside.', he replied bluntly.

'O-oppa', you said not looking straight at him.

Much better!’, he said with a happy voice.

Then both of you stepped into his car and drove to the shopping-complex. When you finally arrived, he opened the door for you. You stepped out and walked by his side towards the mall.

You were exploring every shop, trying to find something perfect for his mother. On the ride there, he told you some basic things about her, so you knew what you had to look for.

'Wouldn't a perfume be good?', Seungho asked while looking at a shop window.

'Seung-, I mean oppa, that's like telling her that she smells bad.', you replied and laughed.

'You have a point there', he exclaimed and nodded. After you walked through the shopping center for some time, you entered a shop pulling Seungho after you.

'This would be the perfect gift!', you said and showed him a beautiful handmade Japanese handfan. It was colored in all kinds of shades that made it look gorgeous.

'Oh, this is really pretty.', he said and grabbed the fan from you. 'And it's really hot these days too.'

'Mhmmm', you nodded being pleased with yourself, 'It's perfect. She'll love it.'

After he went to the cashier and payed for it, both of you walked back to the car happily.

When you arrived home, he asked you to come in for a cup of coffee since he was alone and Mir wouldn’t annoy you, and you accepted his offer.

'The boys have work to do, so they won't bother us with their nonsense', he said and opened the door to his apartment.

Both of you walked in and went to the living room. You made yourself comfortable on the couch and turned the TV on.

Seungho was in the kitchen waiting for some coffee to brew.

'Nee, oppa, Infinite it performing at M Countdown!', you yelled towards the kitchen. And that's when you heard someone's steps approaching.

G.O walked in the living room, frowning and looking at you.

'Oppa..?', he asked sarcastically.

'Oh, Byunghee, you're also here.', you said being taken by surprise, talking informally.

'Since when did the two of you become such good friends that you're calling him oppa?', he asked, sarcasm making it’s presence in his tone.

'Since today.', you simply replied and continued looking at Infinite performing their new song >The Chaser<.

Seungho then came back with a tray with two cups of coffee.

'Hm?', he mumbled. 'Why are you home?', he asked Byunghee.

'Well..', Byunghee replied. 'I was waiting for __________-ah to get back home to take her out , but it seems like my presence sickens her, so I'll leave the two of you alone.', he said and stormed out of the apartment.

You couldn’t believe your ears. You wanted to say something but it was too late. Byunghee was already gone.

Seungho placed the drinks on the table and looked confused at you.

'Did something happen between you two?', he asked.

'No. Nothing at all.', you replied and took a sip of your coffee. He gave you an I-don't-buy-that look, but he didn't say anything.

You then continued watching bands performing live at M Countdown and chit-chated about various things. Being around Seungho made you feel good, but you knew exactly that you weren’t supposed to be with him right now.

'Seungho..', you said and stood up. 'I have to go.'

'Wae?', he asked seeming disappointed.

'Well..you see..', you tried to make up and excuse but your mind went blank, so the truth escaped your lips.

'I have to go after Byunghee.', you said and stormed out of his apartment. 

You heard Seungho mumble something behind you while you were walking out, but you couldn’t comprehend what. You took your phone out of your purse and dialed Byunghee’s number, your heart beating so fast you were afraid it might rip your chest open.

When you heard him say 'Yeoboseyo?', you wanted to say everything you were thinking. How he should come back and kiss you so deep you would lose your senses, or how you wanted him to be beside you more than anything, but you didn’t say neither of that.

'Why are you mad at me Byunghee?', you asked coldly.

You heard him sigh. 'I am not mad ________-ah. I'm jeal-', he said but immediately corrected himself. 'I'm a little stressed because of work, so please forgive me for talking so rudely to you.'

You also sighed, running your fingers through your hair.

Not waiting for your reply, he spoke again.

'Do you want to grab a bite now?', he asked with a cute voice.

'Come pick me up in front of the building.', you said and hung up the phone.

Not even 3 minutes passed by, and he already arrived. You smiled lovingly at each other and started walking side by side to a near confectionery, since you told him you’re really hungry for some cake.

'Nee, _________-ah.', he said and looked at you. 'Do you like Seungho?', he asked suddenly.

You had a startled expression, and before saying anything he added '…as a friend I mean.'

You sighed relieved and smiled. ‘Yes, of course, I like all 5 of you REALLY much.’, you replied.

'Call me oppa too then.', he said and shifted his eyes from you.

You placed yourself in front of him, stopping him from walking any further, and put your hands behind your back in a cute way.

'Arrasso oooooo~ppa.', you said and smiled at him. He smiled back, his cheeks getting scarlet.

Before entering the confectionery, you saw Thunder, Mir and Joon approaching you.

'YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. _____________________-AH! HYUNG!!’, you heard Mir’s shrill voice.

'YAH!', Byunghee snapped at him. 'What are you doing here??', he asked annoyed.

'Waeee hyung, why are you this foul today?', Thunder asked and pouted. Byunghee hissed and walked into the confectionery leaving all of you behind.

Joonie came closer to you and whispered near your ear 'I think he's mad you two aren't alone anymore', and then he chuckled.

Mir then grabbed your hand and pulled you into the local.

'Woahhhhhh!', Thunder, Mir and Joon simultaneously exclaimed upon seeing all the pretty cake. Byunghee already picked out a table and took a seat.

All of you then walked towards him and made yourself comfortable.

'What cak-', Byunghee tried to ask but Mir interrupted him: 'What cake do you want to eat ____________-ah??', he asked you with a happy voice.

Byunghee’s expression was getting darker with every second that passed by, and not knowing why, you found it to be amusing.

'He's gonna erupt like a volcano soon', Joon leaned towards you and whispered.

You didn’t know why, but you didn’t want that to happen, so you send Byunghee a text, saying that he should leave in two minutes.

He gave you a puzzled look but nodded.

'Guys', you said and stood up. 'I'm sorry, but I have to go. I forgot I have this appointment with a friend of mine', you said and shook your head as if you were disappointed with yourself.

All of them whined about you leaving so soon, but G.O was the only one smiling.

You walked out the cake shop and waited for him a couple of meters away.

Just like you instructed him, he came after 2 minutes, his smile so bright it could’ve blinded you.

You laughed and patted his head. ‘What did you tell them oppa?’, you asked curiously.

'That I was going to the bathroom’, he said and then laughed, 'and Thunder asked me why I was taking my wallet and phone with me.'

Both of you bursted into laughter, forgetting everything about the bad mood that lingered between you just some hours ago.

'Soooo..', he then said after steadying his breathing, 'Do you still have muffins?'