Chapter one

Autumn!
November 26, 1992.

I still remember the detail. When he was born to the world, I felt so happy. I've never felt happy like this before.

It was 8 p.m. That day was autumn. I brought my wife to the hospital with me. She would gave birth.

I named him.

"Park Chanyeol" I said to my wife.

"What a beautiful name." She smiled to the baby.

The baby cried, greeted us. His eyes looked like her mother's, and he has my pointed nose. I smiled and I rubbed his cheek gently.

"Welcome to the world, son." I said to him. I pecked my wife's cheek and hugged them.

I felt so warm, even it was cold outside.

*** I brought them to home. Chanyeol covered with baby's cloth. It was a cold night. I've tried to found a transportation, but no one's stopped.

We sat on a bus stop. Then my boss, mr. Kim came and stopped his car.

Mr. Kim was a rich one and humble man. He asked us to rode his car. Then we got home by his car.

"Thank you so much mr. Kim! What can I do to repay your kindness." I said to him.

"You don't need to. You've already repaid it by became a honest worker for us. Just call me if you need a help."

"Thank you so much, seongsanim." I grabbed his hands while sobbing.

***

One month later....

I heard Chanyeol cried. He hasn't cry this loud before. Her mother said that his body was so hot.

I brought him to the hospital with me. Even I didn't have enough money, I didn't care. All I care was about his safety.

The doctor said he got a chronic disease. I started panic.

"I didn't have enough money to pay the medicine." I said to my wife.

"Eotteokhae??? eotteokhaji??? Inha-ya... He's our first son. I don't want to lose him..." Eunhi sobbing.

"I know. I know. I don't want to lose him too." I patted her shoulder. She cried.

Then something passed on my head.

"I know what I should do. You wait here, I'll be right back."

I went to mr. Kim's house to asked his help.

"So, your son got a chronic disease but you don't have enough money to pay the medicine?"

"Yes, seongsanim. Please, help me." I sobbed in front of him. I know this was embarrassed. But I couldn't hide my tears. "I'll promise, I'll work here for all one's life. I'll promise."

Mr. Kim keep silent for a while. "Well, I will help you, but... There is one condition."

***

"Mwo??! He will help us if we allow them to adopt Chanyeol??!!"

"N, nae. I, I think it's only the way, honey."

"Shireo! SHIREO! I will not surrender him to anybody!! He's our son!!!" She really mad.

Chanyeol cried loud cause the disease tortured him.

Eunhi stared at Chanyeol while sobbing.

"Chanyeol-a.... eotteokhaji ???"

***

17 years later....

Chanyeol was adopted by Kim's family. My wife gave up and surrendered him. Though she hasn't fully consent. And we have too keep this as a secret. a secret that Chanyeol is actually our son

-TBC-